不,不。
No, no.
我会让他来的。
I see him here.
为什么我如此不安?
Why am I so restless?
从孩提时代起,我就没有过这样焦躁不安的感觉。
I haven’t felt this restless since I was a child.
这对我这个年纪的人来说太荒谬了。
It’s too absurd for someone my age.
但是看看我。我不能保持安静。
But look at me. I can’t keep still.
我觉得……有什么事要发生。
I feel… something is going to happen.
但是我不会让它发生的。
But I won’t let it.
不会让它发生的。
I won’t let it.
真奇怪,在这样的地方
It’s odd how one’s mind
一个人怎么会胡思乱想。
slips sideways in a place like this.
我今天没用手杖走路。
I walked without my stick today.
这太奇怪了。
It’s very strange.
你要是了解我,你就会知道这有多奇怪。
If you knew me, you’d know how strange it was.
当你的凯特·兰茉莉来的时候,你可以和她谈谈。
You can talk to your Kate Lumley about that when she comes.
哦,不。凯特只会看着我,
Oh, no. Kate would only look at me
然后提醒我喝茶。
and suggest a cup of tea.
我饿死了。
I’m starving.
我又度过了美好的一天。
I’ve had another wonderful day.
– 信寄出去了吗? – 什么信?
– Has the letter gone? – What letter’s that?
邀请她丈夫来这儿的信。
Inviting her husband here.
– 哦,洛蒂,算了。 – 又来一个?
– Oh, Lotty, don’t. – Another one?
她丈夫是谁?
Who is her husband?
当然是阿布斯♥诺♥特先生。
Mr. Arbuthnot, of course.
我是说谁是阿布斯♥诺♥特先生?
I mean what is Mr. Arbuthnot?
我丈夫。
My husband.
他们带来,啦啦啦
LOTTY: ♪ They bring, tra-la
夏天的玫瑰和美酒
♪ A summer of roses and wine ♪
夏天的玫瑰和美酒
♪ A summer of roses and wine ♪
这就是我们所说的
♪ And that’s what we mean When we say that the thing ♪
像在春天里绽放的花儿一样受欢迎
♪ Is welcome as flowers That bloom in the spring ♪
卡洛琳说的对,胡思乱想了。
Caroline’s right. Minds slip sideways.
我怎么能邀请他呢?
How could I invite him?
我们能说些什么?
What would we talk about?
事实上…
The truth is…
我令他厌烦。
I bore him.
而且改变不了。
And there’s no way back.
如果你让某人感到厌烦,
No. If you bore somebody,
几乎不可能让他再改变。
it’s almost impossible to un-bore him.
Whoo-hoo!
Whoo-hoo!
– 那位是卡罗琳·戴斯特女士吗? – 不是
– Is that lady Caroline Dester? – No.
那是萝丝 阿布斯♥诺♥特夫人。卡罗琳还在睡觉呢。
Rose. Mrs. Arbuthnot. Caroline’ll still be in bed.
卡罗琳?你就叫她卡罗琳?
Caroline? You call her Caroline?
我得说,洛蒂。
I must say, Lotty.
当我收到你的信,发现你
When I got your letter and found you were on holiday
和卡罗琳·戴斯特女士一起度假时,我很吃惊。
with lady Caroline Dester, I was impressed.
梅勒什,这里是不是很美?
Isn’t it beautiful here, Mellersh?
你知道戴斯特家族是英国最富有的家族之一吗?
Do you know the Desters are one of the richest families
这一次,洛蒂,你真的立大功了。
in England? For once, Lotty, you’re being really useful.
空气都是金色的。
The air is golden.
现在,我要先洗个澡,
Now, first I think I’ll have a bath,
然后刮胡子,换身衣服,睡一觉,
then a shave, then I’ll change my clothes, have a sleep,
然后吃午饭。
and then I’ll lunch.
然后你就可以把我介绍给卡罗琳·戴斯特女士了。
And then you can introduce me to lady Caroline Dester.
我已经计划好我要说什么了。
I’ve planned exactly what I’m going to say.
梅勒什,我咋觉得你大老远跑来
Mellersh, I do believe you came all this way
是为了见卡罗琳女士,而不是我。
just to see lady Caroline and not me.
不。不,亲爱的,不不。
No. No, my dear. No, no, no.
我来当然是为了见你。
No. I came here to see you. Oh, yes.
不过,如果这样做
If, however, in so doing,
能改善我们的业务前景,
I can improve our business prospects,
那更好…
well…
哦,我没意见。
Oh, I don’t mind.
你在这里才重要。
You’re here. That’s the important thing.
而且你会有所改变的。
And you’ll change.
Signore. Signore.
好。非常感谢。谢谢你。
Yes. Thank you very much. Thank you.
非常感谢。谢谢你。
Thank you very much.Thank you. Thank you.
出去吧。出去吧。非常感谢。
Out. Out. Thank you very much.
我能自己洗,谢谢你,夫人。
I can wash myself, thank you, madame.
非常感谢。
Thank you very much indeed.
就这样吧。谢谢你。
That’ll be all. Thank you.
好。谢谢,好的,好的。
Yes. Thank you very much. Yes, yes.
– 不。 – 哦。给你。你的。
– No. – Oh. There you are. There you are.
非常感谢,好了好了。
Thank you very much indeed. That’ll be all.
非常感谢。谢谢你。
Thank you ever so much. Thank you.
多好的人啊。
Charming people.
好人。
Charming.
啊哈!
Ha!
【咣!】哦!
[EXPLOSION] Oh!
该死的浴缸!
Blast that bloody bath!
– 我的天啊 – 你好!
– Oh, my god. – How do you do?
– 你…你好 -我是卡罗琳·戴斯特
– H– How do you do? – I’m Caroline Dester.
我…请允许我自我介绍一下。
A– Allow me to introduce myself.
我是梅勒什·威尔金斯。
My name’s Mellersh Wilkins.
我…恐怕我说了些不合时宜的话。
I’m… I’m afraid I used unpardonable language.
我认为在这种情况下这也没什么。
I thought it most appropriate in the circumstances.
– 哦。是没什么。- 费舍尔太太,
– Oh. That’s right. – Mrs. Fisher,
请允许我介绍梅勒什·威尔金斯先生。
Allow me to introduce Mr. Mellersh Wilkins.
这位是费舍尔太太。
This is Mrs. Fisher.
哦。嗯…
Oh. Uh…
见到我妻子的朋友终归是我的荣幸。
always a pleasure to meet a friend of my wife’s.
我…我只不过是在洗澡。
I– I was just taking a bath.
噢,我不知道 Pericoloso 表示爆♥炸♥。
Oh, I didn’t know Pericoloso meant explosion.
否则我还不如一直脏兮兮的。
Otherwise I would’ve remained dirty.
但是现在,梅勒什,你看起来一尘不染。
Oh, but now, Mellersh, You look absolutely spotless.
你看起来干净得可以出席晚宴了。
You look clean enough to eat dinner off.
卡罗琳女士举止优雅。
Lady Caroline acted with true grace.
费舍尔太太的行事作风也很有一套。
And Mrs. Fisher is remarkable, too, in her way.
如果我没记错的话,她还是趁些钱的,
A woman of parts and property, if I’m not mistaken,
她可能需要我的咨♥询♥。
who may need my counseling.
洛蒂,你的朋友们真好,都很阳光。
Lotty, your friends are splendid. Splendid.
我不明白你为什么要遮遮掩掩的。
Why you kept them a secret is beyond me.
这位好心的女士想要什么?
Does this good lady want something?
– 钱。 – 钱?
– Money. – Money?
我想她说的是客房♥服务账单。
I think she’s talking about the housekeeping bills.
你不用理这些,你是这里的客人。
You’re nothing to do with those. You’re a guest here.
恐怕我不是吧。
I’m afraid I’m not.
我们四个人将共同分担这次度假的费用。
The four of us are sharing the expense of this holiday.
我会用我的私房♥钱来支付我的那一份。
I’m paying for my share out of my nest egg.
你…你完全有理由生我的气。
Y– You’ve every right to be angry with me.
无稽之谈。
Nonsense.
嗯…毕竟,这是你自己的钱。
Well… it’s your money, after all.
而且你也需要这样的假期。
And you needed a holiday like this.
再说,你还能在哪里遇到这么有趣的人?
Where else would you meet such interesting people?
哦!梅勒什…
Oh! Oh, Mellersh…
你真是暖男。
you really are sweet.
梅勒什,你属于这里。
LOTTY: Mellersh, you belong here.
这就是结果,
Uh, this is the result
一星期无节制消费的结果,必须停止。
of one week’s unbridled license, and it must stop.
好啊,威尔金斯先生,
Yes, Mr. Wilkins,
我不赞成男人在室内吸烟。
I don’t approve of men smoking indoors.
– 我也觉得你不会赞成。 – 我在找那个叫卡罗琳的女孩。
– I thought you wouldn’t. – I’m looking for that lady Caroline girl.
– 啊,一位招人喜欢的客人。 – 招人喜欢吗?
– Ah, a most agreeable guest. – Agreeable?
她一直让账单以一种可怕的方式增加。
She’s been letting the bills run up in a most terrible fashion.
这些账单跟卡罗琳女士有什么关系?
What has lady Caroline to do with the bills?
好吗,她是大内总管。
Well, the housekeeping was left to her.
卡洛琳女士是我妻子组织的活动
Lady Caroline housekeeping for a party
的大内总管?你让我无话可说。
that includes my wife? You render me speechless.
你知道她是戴斯特勋爵的女儿吧…
You do know she’s the daughter of Lord Dester…
– 戴斯特勋爵。 – 对啊!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!