厨师知道。
The cook knows.
啊?
Oh?
卡洛琳小姐已经告诉她了。
Lady Caroline has already told her.
哦。
Oh.
她说的是那种厨师能听得懂的意大利语。
She speaks the sort of Italian cooks understand.
我拄着个拐杖可进不了厨房♥
I couldn’t get into the kitchen because of my stick.
哇哦。
Ooh.
谢谢
Grazie.
多梅尼克?
Domenico? [SPEAKING IN ITALIAN]
我只是想让我的羽毛再柔顺一些。
I just want to get my feathers smooth again.
什么也不说,什么也不索求。
Not spoken to, not grabbed.
如果我能安静一个月…
If I can be left quiet for one month…
忘掉繁琐杂事…
forget things…
也许能做个纯粹的自己。
I might be able to get myself straight.
我在打扮自己上面浪费了太多时间。
I’ve wasted so much time being beautiful.
一个人都没有。
Not one of them here.
懒散。太懒散。
Lax. Lax.
【意大利语】敲个锣提醒提醒她们。(我瞎猜的)
[SPEAKING IN ITALIAN]
嗯,你没事吧?
Uh, are you all right?
没事。
Yes.
– 你听到锣声了吗? – 听到了。
– Did you hear the gong? – Yes.
我有点儿头疼。
I have a headache.
哦,糟糕。
Oh, I’m so sorry.
也许喝点茶对你有好处
Perhaps some tea might do you good.
不了。
No.
我想她真正想要的是静一静。
I expect she really wants is to be left quiet.
是的。
Yes.
可是我一想到你头疼
But I can’t bear to think of you out here
还呆在外面就受不了。也许…
with a headache. Perhaps some–
我觉得她真正想要的是一个人待一会儿。
I think what she really wants is to be left alone.
– 请把面包递给我好吗? – 嗯?
– May I have the bread, please? – Hmm?
你知道阿司匹林的意大利语怎么说吗?
Do you know the Italian for aspirin?
治疗头痛的最佳方法是蓖麻油。
The proper cure for headaches is castor oil.
她没有头疼。
She hasn’t got a headache.
卡莱尔饱受头痛和神经痛之苦。
(托马斯·卡莱尔,苏格兰哲学家)
Carlyle suffered terribly from headaches and neuralgia.
他总是吃蓖麻油。
He always took castor oil.
嗯,卡洛琳女士需要的是药剂。
Um, what lady Caroline wants is a dose.
仅此而已。
Only one, mind.
一直服用蓖麻油是不妥的。
It’s a mistake to keep on taking castor oil.
你知道它的意大利语怎么说吗?
Do you know the Italian for it?
哦,不,我不知道。
Uh, no, I don’t think I do.
不。古代意大利没有蓖麻油。
No. Castor oil isn’t in classical Italian.
她其实没有头疼。
She hasn’t got a headache.
那她为什么说她头疼,威尔金斯太太?
Then why, pray, should she say she has, Mrs. Wilkins?
嗯,她只是…她只是委婉一些。
Oh, she’s– She’s just trying to be polite.
过段时间她就不会再那么格外了。
Soon she won’t have to try.
她会…她会有啥说啥的。
She’ll– She’ll just be herself without trying.
洛蒂在这方面是内行。
Lotty has a theory about this place.
我觉得也是,但我不明白
I’m sure, but I don’t understand
你为什么估计卡洛琳女士说的不是实话。
why you assume lady Caroline is not telling the truth.
哦,我不是估计,我是确定。
Oh, I don’t assume. I know.
为啥?你咋就确定了?
And how, pray, do you know?
我看到了她的内心。
I saw inside her.
听说你不舒服。
I hear you’re not well.
我估计是水土不服。
But, I expect the journey’s upset you.
目前你需要来点儿速效药
Now, what you need is a good dose
比如蓖麻油。
of some simple medicine like castor oil.
啊,你没睡着。
Ah, I thought you weren’t asleep.
现在,听我的。
Now, take my advice.
不要对小病掉以轻心。
And don’t neglect what might turn into an illness.
这可是在意大利。
This is Italy.
别担心我。
Don’t worry about me.
我只是躺在这里想点儿事。
I’m just lying here thinking.
好吧,那也挺危险的。
Well, that’s dangerous, too.
现在,我该上♥床♥休息了。
Now, I should go to bed and get well.
我挺好。
I am well.
那你为什么要和人说你病了?
Then why did you send a message saying you were ill?
我没说啊。
I didn’t.
那我跑到这里来属于白费力气了。
Then I have had all the trouble of coming out here for nothing.
好吧,但是你出来转转看我没啥事
Yes, but don’t you prefer coming out
总好过出来转转
and finding me well
看我出点儿事吧。
than coming out and finding me ill?
这间房♥真舒服啊,我们才发现。
Isn’t this a delightful room? We’ve just discovered it.
好吗,真是的。
Well, really.
为什么你不高兴我们在这儿?
Why don’t you like us being here?
我觉得你应该明白。这是我的房♥间。
I should have thought you could see. This is my room.
信纸,我的。
The notepaper. That’s my notepaper.
还有钢笔。
And the pen.
是你的吗?哦,对不起,我…
It’s yours? Uh, I’m very sorry. I–
我用它写了一些很漂亮的东西。
I’ve been writing some very nice things with it.
我…我觉得我没有弄坏它。
I– I don’t think I’ve hurt it in any way.
但是为什么我们不能待在这里?
But why can’t we be here?
这是客厅,我们就是客人啊。
This is a sitting room, and we’ve been sitting.
还有一个啊。
There’s another one.
你和你的朋友总不能同时占两个吧。
You and your friend can’t sit in two rooms at once.
并且如果我不想打扰你们的生活,
And if I’ve no wish to disturb you in yours,
你们也不要打扰我的生活。
you shouldn’t disturb me in mine.
没事的。
It’s all right.
过不了多久你就会希望我们一起互帮互助了。
Soon you’ll want us to share.
你还会…你甚至还会让我用你的笔,
You’ll– You’ll probably even ask me
如果你知道我没有笔用。
to use your pen if you know that I haven’t got one.
我需要一个自己的房♥间。
I need a room to myself.
我是一个老太太。
I’m an old woman.
我拄了个拐杖没法到处走。
I can’t get about because of my stick.
我必须常坐着。
I have to sit.
我想要一个不会被打扰的地方。
I want somewhere where I won’t be disturbed.
费雪太太,我向你保证,我们无意…
Mrs. Fisher, I assure you, we have no intention–
不,如果拥有这个房♥间能让你开心的话,
No, we’re only too glad for you to have this room
我们也很高兴。
if it makes you happy.
我们只是不知道你的意思,就这样。
We just didn’t know about it. That’s all.
如果你不邀请我们,
We wouldn’t have come in if we had…
我们是不会再进来了,但是
not until you invited us, anyway,
你可能还是会邀请我们的…看着吧
and you probably will do, you know…
很快就会。
very soon.
那不是她的房♥间。
It isn’t her room.
我一直在想梅勒什。
I’ve been thinking about Mellersh.
为什么?
Why?
我挺…差劲的。
I’ve been a… mean dog.
啊…什么?
A– A what?
抛下一切
All this coming away
把他留在那个无聊的地方,
and leaving him in that dreary place
而自己却在天堂里自得其乐。
while I’m here enjoying myself in heaven.
你造吗,他本来是计划和我一起来意大利度假…
You know, he planned a holiday in Italy with me…
可我却计划自己到意大利度假。
and I planned a holiday in Italy by myself.
我想他一定很受伤。
I think he must be very hurt.
我已经写信告诉了他一切。
I’ve written and told him everything.
嗯,你指的是小广♥告♥
Uh, you mean about the advertisement
还有你的私房♥钱吗?
and your nest egg?
哦,不。
Oh, no.
那些事他来了以后我会和他说的。
I’ll tell him about that when he comes.
哦,他什么时候来?
Uh, oh, when he comes?
我已经写信邀请他过来。
I’ve written and invited him to stay.
至少我得这么做。
It’s the least I could do.
有福不同享实在太不像话了。
It would be mean not to share all this.
你觉得他会来吗?
You think he’ll come?
哦,希望会吧,可怜的小羊羔。
Oh, I hope so, poor lamb.
等着吧。
I see him here.
洛蒂。
Lotty.
洛蒂,我跟不上你的思路了。
Lotty, I can’t keep up.
我们来这里的目的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!