这绝对不可能。
It’s absolutely out of the question.
– 我做不到。 – 为啥?
– I can’t do that. – Why not?
因为我不愿意!
Because I don’t want to!
这事已经定好了,梅勒什。
I’m afraid it’s all settled, Mellersh.
我不能出尔反尔。
I can’t go back on my word now.
定了?定好什么了?啥也没定!
Settled? Settled? Nothing’s settled.
我一个字都不信。
I don’t believe it a word of it.
一个在意大利有城♥堡♥的朋友? 什么朋友?
A friend with a castle in Italy? What friend?
据我所知,你根本没有朋友。
You haven’t got any friends as far as I know.
萝丝 阿布斯♥诺♥特。
Rose Arbuthnot.
萝丝 阿布♥什♥么来着…我从来没听说过什么萝丝 阿布斯♥诺♥特!
Rose Arbuth– I never heard of Rose Arbuthnot!
好吧,她人很好。人人都这么说。
Well, she’s very nice. Everybody says so.
你要不要再来一份杏仁蛋挞。
Tell me if you’d like another helping of apricot tart.
不要,我才不要什么杏仁蛋挞。
No, I would not like another helping of apricot tart!
洛蒂,你不能一个人去意大利。绝对不行!
Lotty, you are not going to Italy alone. Absolutely not!
这有啥不一样?
How is this different?
好吧,这可是意大利的雨。
Well, this is Italian rain.
也没个人来接我们。
There’s no one here to meet us.
我们迟了四个小时。
We are four hours late.
怎么回事?哦!哦!住手,小偷!
What? Oh! Oh! Stop, thief!
夫人…
Madame…
夫人……英国夫人!圣塞尔瓦托!
Madame… English madame! San Salvatore!
圣塞尔瓦托!
San Salvatore!
圣塞尔瓦托? 哦,洛蒂!洛蒂!
San Salvatore? Oh, Lotty! Lotty!
哦!
Oh!
没关系!
It’s all right!
他们一定是派来的!
They must have sent it!
– 什么? – 哦!
– What? – Oh, oh!
夫人……英国夫人!圣塞尔瓦托?
Madame… English madame, San Salvatore?
我的马,好马。
My horsey, good horsey.
Buono! Buono!
我们现在在上帝的手中。
We’re in God’s hands now.
哦!哦!
Oh! Oh!
我们别无选择了,洛蒂。
We have no choice, Lotty.
圣塞尔瓦托。
San Salvatore.
圣塞尔瓦托!
San Salvatore!
圣塞尔瓦托。
San Salvatore.
你觉得这一切都是真的吗?
Do you suppose it’s all real?
你这辈子有这么幸福过吗?
Were you ever in your whole life so happy?
从来没有。
Never.
我向自己保证过
I promised myself
在这里发生的第一件事
the first thing to happen in this place
就是一个吻。
would be a kiss.
哦,是幻觉。
Oh, it’s a mirage.
不,是她。
No, it’s her.
哦,我不知道她已经到了。
Oh, I didn’t know she’d arrived already.
我也不知道。
Neither did I.
像她那样不戴帽子
She’ll get a headache,
坐在太阳底下可是会头疼的。
sitting in the sun like that without a hat.
她都踩在百合花上了。
She’s treading on lilies.
好吧,那既是我们的也是她的。
Well, they’re hers as much as ours.
只有四分之一。
Only a quarter of them.
– 你好。 – 你好。
– Hello. – Hello.
我昨天到的。
I got here yesterday.
哦,太遗憾了。
Oh, what a pity.
我们会给你选个最好的房♥间。
We were going to choose the nicest room for you.
哦,我已经选过了。
Oh, I’ve already done that.
至少在我看来是最好的
At least I think it’s the nicest.
我们会用很多花把它装饰得漂漂亮亮的。
We were going to make it pretty for you with lots of flowers.
哦,多梅尼克搞好了。我来的时候就告诉他了。
Oh, Domenico’s done that. I told him when I got here.
他是园丁。
He’s the gardener.
嗯,不错,独♥立♥的感觉很好,
Uh, well, it’s good to be independent
而且知道什么才是自己想要的。
and to know exactly what one wants.
又省时间。
It saves time.
但你也不能太独♥立♥了,
But you shouldn’t be too independent
那样别人就没有机会展现慷慨的一面了。
that people have no chance to be generous.
你知道吧,我以前都没注意你这么漂亮。
You know, I hadn’t realized you were so pretty.
你这么说真是太好了
That’s very kind of you to say so.
你真的太可爱了。
You’re really quite lovely.
你可得好好利用它。
I hope you make the most of it.
没错,打我记事起
Yes, I’ve been making the most of it
我就一直在好好利用它。
ever since I can remember.
因为它不会持续太久的。
Because it won’t last.
我知道。
I know.
我可不能错过早餐。
I mustn’t miss breakfast.
哦,你们来啦。
Oh, there you are.
我们都不知道你已经到了。
Oh, we had no idea you were here.
是啊,我到了。
Oh, yes, I’m here.
布谷鸟。
Cuckoos.
什么?
What?
没什么。
Nothing.
不知怎么的,
I was just thinking about cuckoos
我想到了布谷鸟。
for some reason.

Oh.
嗯,茶还是咖啡?
Uh, tea or coffee?
嗯,咖啡吧。
Uh, coffee.
卡洛琳小姐的意大利语比我的好多了。
Uh, lady Caroline’s Italian is much better than mine.
我的意大利语是但丁时代的。
My Italian is the Italian of Dante.
早就过时了。是…
Very old-fashioned. I–
是罗伯特·勃朗宁先生教我的。
(维多利亚时期代表诗人、剧作家)
I was taught it by Mr. Robert Browning.
太牛了。
Wonderful.
没伦敦什么事了。
London doesn’t exist anymore.
我以为你知道我们已经身处天堂了。
I suppose you realize we’ve got to heaven.
哦,谢谢。
Oh, Grazie.
嗯,我打算大部分时间自己读书。
Well, I intend to spend most of my time reading by myself.
没有人愿意看到一个老太太一瘸一拐地到处走。
Nobody wants to see an old woman hobbling about everywhere.
哦,希望你的卧室住得舒适。
Oh, I do hope your bedroom is comfortable.
哦,非常舒适。
Oh, quite.
不知道为什么里面有两张床
It had two beds in it for some reason
所以我搬出去了一个。
so I had one taken out.
哦,所以我屋里才有了两张床。
Oh, so that’s why I’ve got two beds.
我屋里也有两张床。
I’ve got two beds as well.
那一个一定是卡洛琳小姐的。
The second one must be lady Caroline’s.
嗯,我们只是让弗朗西斯卡把他们搬出去。
Uh, we simply asked Francesca to take them out.
我们用不着。
We didn’t need them.
我们也用不着。
Neither do we.
是不是,萝丝?我们的丈夫也不会为了个床来这里。
Do we, Rose? Our husbands aren’t here to put in them.
在我那个年代,
In my day,
人们很少把丈夫和床
husbands and beds were rarely spoken of
一起挂在嘴上。
in the same breath.
对丈夫恭恭敬敬
Husbands were taken seriously,
才不会迈出犯罪的那一步。
as the only real obstacle to sin.
你想再来点咖啡吗,阿布斯♥诺♥特太太?
Would you like some more coffee, Mrs. Arbuthnot?
嗯…
Uh…
不了,谢谢。
no, thank you.
嗯,你来点儿吗?
Uh, would you?
不了。
No.
嗯,你们都吃好了吗?
Uh, have you all you want?
吃好了,谢谢。你吃好了吗?
Yes, thank you. Have you?
阿布斯♥诺♥特太太…
Mrs. Arbuthnot…
你有个很好玩的习惯
you have the most interesting habit
就是用同样的问题来回答别人的问题。
of answering a question with the same question.
哦,不,不。用不着道歉。
Oh, no, no. Don’t apologize.
我没打算道歉。
I wasn’t going to.
好吧…我还是继续搞我自己的事吧。
Well… I’d better get on with my duties.
您想什么时候吃午饭?
What time would you like lunch?
午餐时间是12点半
Lunch is at half past 12:00.
哦,我会告诉厨师的。
Oh, I’ll tell cook.
这可能会有点小难度,
It’ll be a bit of a struggle,
但我买♥♥了一本小字典。
but I’ve bought a little dictionary.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!