It’s ridiculous. What were we thinking?
我没觉得丢脸 希拉里
I’m not embarrassed, Hilary.
-我只是不认为我们能做得到 -不 你说得对
-I just don’t think we can do this. -No, you’re absolutely right.
再见
I’ll see you soon.
你们有见过杂物柜的钥匙吗?
Have either of you two seen the keys to the utility cupboard?
我不知道
Oh, I dunno.
我想在希拉里手上
I think Hilary had them.
-你的 -谢谢
-There you go. -Thanks.
你有希拉里的消息吗?
You heard from Hilary?
没有
No.
已经三天了
It’s been three days.
她告诉埃利斯先生说 要清掉早该拿的假期
She told Mr. Ellis she was taking some overdue holiday.
我相信没事的
I’m sure it’s all fine.
为什么我那么担心呢?
So why am I worried?
她去年过得很糟糕
She had a rough time last year.
她在夏天时还必须离开一阵子
She had to go away for a while in the summer.
为什么?
Why?
我想事情有点让她不胜负荷
I think things just got a bit much for her.
她最终对几个客人变现得很无礼
She ended up being rude to a couple of the customers.
对他们吼叫
Shouting at them.
她在公♥司♥逗留得越来越晚
She was staying later and later at work.
她说自己睡不着
Said she couldn’t sleep.
然后开始做一些奇怪的…
And started doing weird…
事情
things.
最终 埃利斯说她不得不住院
Eventually, Ellis told us she had to go into hospital.
她离开了几个星期
She was away for a few weeks…
当她回来后 她变了
and when she got back she was different.
哪里变了?
How?
比较安静了
Just quieter.
有点不开心
A bit sad.
你有和她谈过这件事吗?
Did you speak to her about it?
她不想谈
She didn’t wanna talk.
百丽宫 一到七号♥公♥寓♥
今天晚上!《烈火战车》晚会首映礼
祝观赏愉快
Enjoy.
嗨!
Hi!
祝观赏愉快
Enjoy.
亲爱的年轻人!
My dear young man!
你看起来好极了!
Don’t you look absolutely glorious!
希拉里!嗨!
Hilary! Hi.
是 我知道 我没有票
Yes, I know, I don’t have a ticket.
但没事的 我在这工作的
But it’s all right, I work here.
我教会了他一切
I taught him everything he knows.
你好!
Hello!
亲爱的!
Darling!
尊敬的市长先生及市长夫人
My worshipful Lord Mayor and Lady Mayoress…
拉什沃思议员 布斯议员
Councilor Rushworth, Councilor Booth.
各位阁下 女士们 先生们 晚上好
My lords, ladies and gentlemen, good evening.
我叫唐纳德·埃利斯
My name is Donald Ellis.
我是帝国电影院的经理
I am the manager of the Empire Cinema…
这也许是南海岸首屈一指的电影院
perhaps the South Coast’s premier film venue.
我感到非常荣幸
It is a great honor…
这也许是我职业生涯中最辉煌的一笔
perhaps the greatest of my career…
欢迎大家光临
to welcome you to this…
《烈火战车》的地区盛大首映礼
the regional gala premiere of Chariots of Fire.
我需要感谢几个人
There are a few people I need to thank.
-市长办公室 这是必须的 -市长呢?
-The mayor’s office, obviously. -Where’s the mayor?
-特别是 感谢吉姆·布斯的帮忙 -在那里 埃利斯太太身边
-And in particular, Jim Booth for his help… -There. Next to Ellis’ wife.
和他明智的建议
…and his sage advice.
还有这里所有的工作人员
And all the staff here.
希拉里来了
Hilary’s here.
感谢帝国电影院的员工的 辛勤工作及奉献精神
At the Empire, for their hard work and dedication.
什么?在哪里?
What? Where?
-最后… -在大楼的某个地方
-And lastly… -Somewhere in the building.
感谢我太太 布莲达
…my wife, Brenda…
她没事吧?
Is she all right?
-感谢她的全力支持及 -我不确定
-…whose unstinted support and love… -I’m not sure.
忠贞不移的爱
…have been unwavering.
那么 事不宜迟
And so, without further ado…
我很高兴请大家欣赏
I am delighted to welcome you…
休·赫德森激动人心和卓越不凡的
to Hugh Hudson’s stirring and altogether terrific…
《烈火战车》
Chariots of Fire.
你在干什么?
What’re you doing?
哦 不好
Oh, no.
各位阁下 女士们 先生们 晚上好
Good evening, my lords, ladies and gentlemen.
市长先生
Mr. Mayor.
我叫希拉里·斯莫尔 我是帝国电影院的值班经理
My name is Hilary Small. I am duty manager here at the Empire.
因此 我想补充几句欢迎词
And as such, I thought I’d add a few words of welcome.
今晚是一个特别的夜晚
Tonight is a special night.
我们需要…
More than ever…
比任何时候更需要
we need to be…
感觉自己是社群的一份子
We need to feel part of a community.
不管黑人还是白人 这都没关系
Black or white, it doesn’t matter.
这是非常重要的事情
It’s a very important thing.
我们必须庆贺
We must celebrate.
所以 为了纪念这个时刻
So, to mark the occasion…
我想朗诵我认为很应景的一首诗
I’d like to read a poem I think would be appropriate.
这是威斯坦·休·奥登写的一首诗
It’s by W. H. Auden.
内心的欲望犹如开瓶器般扭曲
The desires of the heart are as crooked as corkscrews.
人最好不必出生
Not to be born is the best for man…
次好即是正式命令
the second best is a formal order…
舞蹈的模式
the dance’s pattern.
把握时间舞蹈吧
Dance while you can.
舞蹈吧 舞蹈吧 步履很简单
Dance, dance, for the figure is easy…
让人沉醉的曲调不会停下来
the tune is catching and will not stop.
舞蹈吧 舞到星星从椽子上下来
Dance till the stars come down from the rafters.
舞蹈吧 舞蹈吧 舞到你虚脱无力
Dance, dance, dance till you drop.
谢谢
Thank you.
希拉里!
Hilary!
你到底在干什么?
What the hell do you think you’re doing?
没人邀请你演说
You were not invited to speak.
总不能总是男人在喋喋不休
Well, it can’t be all men droning on.
希拉里 你早知道今晚对我的意义
You knew what this evening meant to me, Hilary.
你比任何人都清楚
You more than anyone.
然而你却故意破坏它
And yet you willfully tried to ruin it.
很对不起 但总不能老是你说了算!
Well, I’m terribly sorry, but you can’t always have it your own way!
你有毛病 你知道吗?
Well, you’ve got a problem. You know that?
你需要认真的帮助
You need serious help.
我们都在试图帮助你 但在某个时候你需要…
Now, we’ve all tried to help you here, but at some point you need…
-为自己负责… -你不如去操你自己!
-…to take responsibility for your own… -And why don’t you go and fuck yourself!
唐纳德?
Donald?
你在干什么?你为什么不在里面?
What’re you doing? Why aren’t you inside?
电影开始了
The film’s started.
哦 你好 布莲达
Oh, hello, Brenda.
我一直想见见你
I’ve been wanting to meet.
我每天都想起你
I think about you daily.
我不明白
I don’t understand.
总之有很多问题
Well, so many questions for a start.
你我之间得好好谈谈
And so many notes to compare.
我还是不明白
I’m still unclear.
主要是关于你丈夫的性♥欲♥
Mostly about your husband’s sexual tastes.
希拉里 天啊
Hilary, for God’s sake.
你什么意思?
What do you mean?
布莲达 这是胡说八道
Brenda, this is nonsense.
别听她的
Don’t listen to a word she says.
要操还是不操 这是个问题
To fuck or not to fuck, that is the question.
哪一样比较高尚 用手让他射进杯子里
Whether ’tis nobler in the minds to wank him off into his teacup…
还是让他在办公桌上操♥我♥ 然后弄脏他的文件?
or let him fuck me over his desk and spoil all his paperwork?
这是真的吗?
Is this true?
唐纳德 这是真的吗?
Donald, is this true?
是的
Yes.
是 是真的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!