我要去发掘他们
so I have to discover them.
挑选出来 然后进行测试 了解审查
Pick them and then test them and go through them and have readings.
这需要很长时间 我大概花了六七个月的时间选角
It takes a long time. I spent probably six or seven months casting Star Wars.
在小房♥间里面试是一个漫长的过程
That’s a long process to sit in a little room and interview people.
我面试了数千人
And I interviewed thousands of people.
在男主角卢克•斯塔克和汉•索罗的选角上…
In casting the male leads, Luke Starkiller and Han Solo…
卢卡斯寻求个人在银幕上的表现
Lucas looked for individual screen presence…
以及表演者之间的化学反应
as well as chemistry between performers.
开拍
Action.
又检查了一次 没错
It checks out again. There’s no mistake.
你找不到欧甘纳参议员? -我找到了
You can’t find Organa Major? -I found it. It’s just not there.
我探测到了 只是他不在那
I found it. It’s just not there.
剩下的都被污染了
What’s left of it is contaminated.
就这样
That’s it there.
看看这些辐射读数 这是不可能的
Look at those radiation readouts. It’s impossible.
简直闻所未闻 -绝对是银河帝国捷足先登
I’ve never seen anything like it. -The Empire must have gotten here first.
这个星球已经随风消逝了
The planet has been completely blown away.
卢克这个关键角色
For the pivotal role of Luke…
需要一个智勇双全的演员来诠释
Lucas needed an actor who could project both intelligence and integrity.
她是皇室的一员 不会背叛联盟的
She’s part of the royal family. They won’t get anything out of her.
她懂得控制自己
She knows the power of mind control.
他们不会从公主那得到任何信息
She’s part of the royal family. They won’t get any information from her.
她知道精神控制的艺术
She knows the art of mind control.
24岁的马克•哈米尔在电视上是一个熟悉的面孔
Twenty-four-year-old Mark Hamill was a familiar face on television.
他阳光开朗的性格非常适合这个角色
A newcomer to films, his wholesome, easygoing manner fit the part perfectly.
我记得试镜时的一句台词…
I can remember a line from the screen test…
我不认为会离开
which I don’t think ever will leave me.
卢克说 但我们不能回头 恐惧是他们最大的防御
Luke says, ”But we can’t turn back. Fear is their greatest defense.
我怀疑这里的安全程度是否比阿奎拉强…
I doubt the security is any greater than it was on Aquilae or Sullust…
这很可能是针对大规模袭击的
and what there is is most likely directed towards a large-scale assault.”
恐惧是他们最大的防御
Fear is their greatest defense.
我怀疑这里的安全程度是否比阿奎拉强…
I doubt the security is much greater than on Aquilae or Sullust…
这很可能是针对大规模袭击的
and what there is is most likely directed towards a large-scale assault.
我读到这句话的时就想”谁会这样说话?”
I read that line and I thought, ”Who talks like this?”
我只能真诚地去做
So I just did it sincerely.
还要多少系统被摧毁…
How many more systems must get blown away…
在你无处藏身 被迫战斗之前?
before you have no place to hide and are forced to fight?
你不知道发生了什么吗?
Don’t you realize what’s going on?
孩子 荣誉和好意都归你了
Kid, you take the glory and the good intentions.
我要酬金
I’ll take the reward.
汉•索罗这个角色需要年纪更大的人…
The role of Han Solo needed someone older…
带着一种愤世嫉俗的锋芒
with a more cynical edge.
那个小机器人拿着什么如此重要?
What’s that little droid carrying that’s so blasted important?
那个小机器人拿着什么如此重要?
What’s the little droid carrying that’s so important?
哈里森•福特曾与卢卡斯合作过”美国风情画”
Harrison Ford had worked with Lucas on American Graffiti.
但因为导演一开始只希望有新面孔…
But because the director initially only wanted new faces…
他没有被允许试镜
he was not allowed to audition.
我必须坐起来 对吗?
Do I have to sit up to get in on the right?
反而被请来为其他演员提词
Instead, he was brought in to feed lines to the other actors.
我被叫道一旁 问我是否愿意帮其他演员
I was given sides and asked if I would help read the other actors.
我的任务是向其他同行的演员讲解
It became my task to explain to the other actors who were coming along…
只是这些方面…
just what it was that these sides…
都是命中注定的
were meant to be about.
他们会跟着我们的 摧毁你的隐蔽基地
They’re gonna follow us. They’ll destroy your hidden bases.
他们会摧毁整个系统的 -我知道
They’ll destroy the whole system. -I know.
他们也会把死星带来的
They’ll bring the Death Star too.
卢卡斯一开始不太愿意用福特
Lucas may have been reluctant to use Ford at first…
但福特给了汉•索罗这个角色一种惟利是图
but the actor won him over by giving Han a mix of mercenary swagger…
和厌世的鲜明个性
and world-weariness.
很清楚的是角色之间的关系
Well, what was so clear was what the idea was of the character relationships.
马克是幼稚的年轻人 我是自作聪明的人…
Mark was the callow youth, I was the smart-ass…
每个人都有明确的区域要探索
and we each had a clear section of turfto explore.
整颗行星都被消灭了
The planet’s totally blown away.
这需要一千艘战舰的火力才能完成
It would’ve taken 1 ,000 ships with more firepower than I’ve ever seen to do it.
如果帝国有这样的新武器 我会知道的
If the Empire had a new weapon that could do this, I’d know about it.
我肯定会听说的
I’d have heard something.
你现在知道了啊
Well, you know about it now.
敌人在移♥动♥ 我们时间不多了
The enemy’s on the move. We haven’t much time.
我带你到这了 然后呢? -我们得找到联盟
I brought you here. Now what? -We’ve got to find the rebels.
这是属于他们的东西 -他们的基地藏得很好 孩子
What we’re carrying belongs to them. -Their bases are very well hidden, son.
帝国的所有力量都找不到他们
All the power of the Empire can’t find ’em.
你知道他们在哪里吗?
Do you know where they are?
不 不知道
No. Not anymore.
我可不会穿越银河系去追逐飘渺
I’m not gonna take you on an impossible chase across the galaxy.
几乎所有好莱坞的年轻女演员…
Virtually every young actress in Hollywood…
都试演过莱娅公主这个角色
tried out for the part of Princess Leia.
虽然这个角色和卢克一样年轻…
Although the character was the same age as Luke…
但作为联盟的领导者莱娅需要表现出
as a leader of the rebellion Leia needed to project…
一种超越她年龄的自信
a confidence beyond her years.
战斗站的结构设计图…
The plans and specifications to a battle station…
一个有致命破坏力的战争机器
with enough firepower to destroy an entire system.
找到系统的缺陷是摧毁它的唯一希望…
Our only hope in destroying it is to find its weakness…
我们将从R2中存储的数据确定
which we will determine from the data I stored in R2.
现在 能够摧毁它的唯一希望…
Now, our only hope in destroying it…
就是找到它的弱点…
is to find its weakness…
我们将分♥析♥R2中的数据
which we’ll do from the data I stored in R2.
我们突袭帝国造船厂时捕获了这些设计图
Okay? Now, we’ve captured the plans in a raid on the imperial shipyards.
但在把情报带出去时 就遭到了攻击…
But we fell under attack before I could get the data to safety…
故我把它藏在R2里传递出去
so I hid it in R2 and sent him off.
当情报被安全移交时 你就会得到奖赏
When R2 has been safely delivered to my forces, you get your reward.
我向你保证
You have my guarantee.
这个小机器人带着什么这么重要?
What’s the little droid carrying that’s so blasted important?
整个战斗站的…
The plans and specifications…
设计构造图 是一个…
to a battle station with enough firepower…
毁灭性的武器
to destroy an entire system.
有一个女演员…
One actress in particular…
公主一角似乎是为她量身定做的
seemed tailor-made to play a princess.
作为黛比•雷诺斯和艾迪•费舍的女儿…
As the daughter of actress Debbie Reynolds and singer Eddie Fisher…
凯莉•费雪是好莱坞皇室的产物
Carrie Fisher was the product of Hollywood royalty.
她毫不费力地表达出莱娅•奥加纳所需要的自信
She had no trouble conveying the self-assurance needed for Leia Organa.
我见了布莱恩和乔治…
I met with Brian De Palma and George…
布莱恩一直在说话…
and Brian did all the talking…
那时乔治话很少
because George didn’t talk then.
许多和我同龄的优秀女演员都来面试
There were incredible actresses my age being considered for this role…
所以我觉得自己机会渺茫
so I didn’t think I would get it.
我们唯一的希望就是先发制人
But our only hope is to destroy it before it destroys us.
现在躲是无用的
Hiding is useless now.
有了死星 他们会继续摧毁组织…
With the Death Star, they’ll continue to go on destroying systems…
直到找到我们
until they’ve found us.
我们别无选择 只能分♥析♥这些情报
We have no alternative but to process the information…
趁还有时间 好好利用它
and use it while there’s still time.
我得到角色的附带条件是去减肥
I got it with the proviso that I went to a fat farm…
我瘦了10磅
and that I lose 1 0 pounds.
我想他们是希望我能瘦下脸
I think they were hoping it was gonna come out five here and five here.
我的角色是一个好斗的人…
My character was someone who was feisty and all of that…
我觉得那和自己有点像…
but I felt myself to be a bit of that too…
所以我不太可能被塑造成一个畏怯的人
so it would have been unlikely that I would be cast as a shrinking violet.
他给我们设定性格特征
He cast us to type, in a way.
卢卡斯决定雇佣未知的人
Lucas’s decision to hire unknowns…
他不听从朋友弗朗西斯•福特•科波拉的建议
went against the advice ofhis friend Francis Ford Coppola…
他们为”教父”安排了舞台和银幕明星
who had cast The Godfather with stage and screen stars.
20世纪福克斯也担心…
20th Century Fox was also concerned…
关于卢卡斯对演员的选择
about Lucas’s choice of actors.
他们来跟我说:”想和这三个陌生人合作”
They came and said, ”These are the three unknown people I want to go with. ”
我想发展到这一步 他知道自己在做什么
I figured we’d gone down this far in the road, he knows what he’s doing.
如果我说:”哦 天哪 哈里森太合适了…
I’d be lying if I said ”Oh, my God, Harrison’s perfect…
凯莉很完美 马克也很棒”
Carrie is perfect, and Mark is fantastic. ”
那是在撒谎 我对演员阵容没把握
No, I was very nervous about the cast.
绝地大♥师♥欧比旺•克诺比是一个重要角色…
For the important role of aged Jedi master Obi-Wan Kenobi…
卢卡斯意识到需要一个大明星来演
Lucas recognized that he needed an established star.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!