我记得我的第一反应时跟着唱起来
I remember I reacted to that and went, ”Hey, I got the Stones!”
克什纳说:”停!”
And Kershner goes, ”Cut.!”
他穿过沼泽 说道…
He’s way across the bog, saying…
“如果这种情况再次发生 你就假装没听见”
”If that happens again, just pretend like you don’t hear it. ”
因为剧场那么多事情要注意
Because with all the elements of that set–
“烟雾准备好了吗” “蛇呢?”
”Is the smoke good? Is the snake?”
“让蛇动起来 别让它躺在那里”
”Poke the snake. Get the snake to move. He’s just lying there. ”
所以你要分清事情的轻重缓急
So you felt, ”Let’s get our priorities straight.”
我也很想知道自己表演的怎么样
‘Cause I’m concerned about how did I come off in the scene.
他们什么都看 就是不关注我
They were looking at everything but me.
我可不想掉到泳池里
I have to say you wouldn’t wanna fall in that pool.
当你拍完的时候 里面到处都是野生动物和虫子
By the time you finished shooting, it’s full of all sorts of wildlife and bugs.
那水绝对很脏…
It was absolutely foul…
在那呆了那么久 绝对被污染了
after all those weeks of being in there–stagnant water.
我无法相信
I don’t believe it.
这就是你失败的原因
That is why you fail.
如果埃尔斯特里工作室细致的布景…
As elaborately detailed as the sets were at Elstree Studios…
加州的工作同样令人印象深刻
equally impressive was the work done in California.
工业光魔需要制♥作♥的特效是…
ILM was able to produce special effects…
比”新希望”中看到的还要早好几光年
that were light-years ahead of those seen in the first Star Wars.
如果你看”星球大战” 要么是在太空中
If you look at Star Wars, you’re either kind of in space–
也许死星在后面 也许不在…
maybe the Death Star’s back there, maybe it isn’t…
你有很多不同星球的照片
and you have a number of shots on different planets.
但你看第二部 它的范围很广
But you look at Empire, and it’s broad.
你会看到超速飞行和两到三场大混战
You’ve got a speeder sequence and two or three big dogfights.
有整个云城和不同内陆的景色…
You’ve got the whole Cloud City and all the interiors of different landscapes…
工作量远远超过了之前
that are way beyond what we’d done before.
我认为这和第一部…
I think it was the breadth of the work…
不同的是工作的广度
that differentiates that from the first show.
每一个场景都需要不同的解决技巧
And each one of those sequences required different problem-solving skills.
要拍摄在小行星群中的追逐战
We did this incredible chase through the asteroid field.
设计小行星并不像你想象的那么简单…
Designing asteroids is not as easy as you think…
我记得当时很多同事在商城…
and I remember many of us in the model shop…
反复尝试 寻找合适的模型
tried and tried to come up with something that would look good.
对于一些遥远的地方 我们用了土豆
And I think for some of the very far ones, we had used potatoes.
最大的问题是拍摄的不够快 资金快用完了
The biggest problem was it wasn’t going fast enough. I was running out of money.
尔文•克什纳是个非常好的导演
Irvin Kershner’s an extremely good director…
但是这部电影超出预算 偏离计划…
but the film went over budget, went over schedule…
我在”星球大战”赚的钱都投在了这部电影上
and all the money I had in Star Wars was committed to this film, plus more.
我们在”帝国反击战”里又拍了几场
We shot several scenes in Empire over again.
在云城有个场景…
There’s a scene in Cloud City…
汉•索罗在踱来踱去…
where Han Solo character is kind of pacing up and down…
莱娅公主进来了 他会因为…
and Princess Leia comes in, and he reacts to the way she looks…
莱娅公主不同以往的穿着而赞美她
’cause she’s dressed differently than she has in the entire rest of the film.
你看起来很漂亮
You look beautiful.
你应该一直穿女生的衣服
You should wear girls’ clothes all the time.
我们看了样片 对它并不满意
We looked at the dailies and weren’t happy with anything.
演员表现的太刻意了
The attitude of the actors was too obvious.
坐下来
Sit down.
来吧 和我谈谈
Come on. Talk to me.
我们本可以通过的 但就是感觉不对
And we could have let that go, but itjust didn’t feel right.
重拍 -开始
Retake. -Action.
我希望卢克能平安到达帝国舰队
I hope Luke made it to the fleet all right.
我肯定他没事
I’m sure he’s fine.
他可能在想我们现在在做什么
He’s probably sittin’ around wondering what we’re up to right now.
你的朋友兰多很有魅力 但我不信任他
You know, your friend Lando is very charming, but I don’t trust him.
信任他 他是我的老朋友
Trust him. He’s an old friend of mine.
结束
End slate.
所以我们用一种更微妙的方式拍摄它…
So we’d shot it in a slightly more subtle fashion…
现在的电影就是这样的
which is the way it’s in the film now.
我不信任兰多
I don’t trust Lando.
我也不相信他
Well, I don’t trust him either.
但他是我的朋友
But he is my friend.
再说 我们很快就要走了
Besides, we’ll soon be gone.
你准备离开了吗?
Then you’re as good as gone, aren’t you?
尽管大多数挑战都在预料之中…
Although most production challenges had been anticipated…
人们很期望 这是可以理解的
and expectations were understandably high…
帝国反击战超出预算1000万美元…
when Empire went over budget by $ 10 million…
卢卡斯影业陷入了财政危机
Lucasfilm suddenly found itself in a fiscal crisis.
“原力”与你同在 年轻的天行者
The Force is with you, young Skywalker.
但你还不是绝地武士
But you are not a Jedi yet.
美国银行的三位高管走进我的办公室…
Three of the top executives of Bank of America Entertainment…
说”我们必须收回你的贷款”
walked into my offiice saying, ”We have to pull your loan. ”
我说:”娱乐业中最大的银行怎么能…
And I said, ”How can the largest bank in the entertainment business…
在史上最成功的电影续集上映前夕…
with the sequel to the most successful movie ever out…
想收回我的贷款?”
be wanting to pull my loan?”
他说 我们新来的信用部经理有个规则
He said, ”Well, we have a new credit manager, and he just has a rule:
预算翻倍 收回贷款
Budget doubles, he pulls the loan. ”
有个银行家因此辞职 他们知道这是个大错误
One of the bankers quit over it. They knew it was a big mistake.
但我束手无策 要在周五之前拿出一百万美元
But I was stuck with trying to make a million-dollar payroll by Friday.
释放你的愤怒
Release your anger.
只有你的仇恨才能摧毁我
Only your hatred can destroy me.
这就是工作室和电影制片厂…
That was the big difference between the studio system…
之间的最大区别
and the independent view of filmmaking.
制片厂有大量经济资源可以利用
The studios have a large resource to draw on for what they do…
而独♥立♥制片人却没有…
and independents don’t…
所以情况更加紧张
so it’s a much tighter situation.
我只是希望银行能允许我完成这部电影…
I was just hoping the bank would allow me to finish…
而不是回到20世纪福克斯 放弃我所有的权利…
without going back to 20th Century Fox and giving away all my rights…
因为这是我最后的无奈之举…
because that’s ultimately what my other choice was…
即制片厂说了算 而我受制于人
was to just simply let them own it and lose my independence.
但我太想独♥立♥了…
But I wanted my independence so badly…
我们设法多付利息来达成协议…
we managed to do it in a way that I paid them just a little bit more money…
但没有拿到授权 也就没有续集
but they didn’t get the licensing, and they didn’t get the sequels.
这就是我一直想坚持的
That was what I was trying to hold on to.
如果需要我那货物来抵押…
If I had to pay extra points in order to…
让他们向银行担♥保♥贷款 我可以接受
get them to guarantee a loan with the bank, I could do that.
我想福克斯和我们一样担心这部电影
I think Fox was just as concerned that the movie get finished as we were.
虽然帝国反击战的预算很紧张…
While Empire’s budget may have been tight…
但拍摄过程中的保密措施却更加严格
security during the production was even tighter.
只有卢卡斯 克什纳和制片人知道幕后真♥相♥
Only Lucas, Kershner and the film’s producers knew the real story.
当时 我知道马克有个父亲 他是达斯•维达…
At the time, I knew that Mark had a father, and that it was Darth Vader…
但这不是剧本里的
but this was not in the script.
是虚构的插入式剧情
There was a false page inserted.
我知晓
I had the knowledge.
演员们甚至都不知道
The actors didn’t even have it.
没人知道 这完全是个秘密
No one had it. It was a total secret.
剧本是严格保密的 拍摄制♥作♥流程也是
The script was under lock and key, the models were under lock and key…
我的身份验证被封锁 与世隔绝
I LM was under lock and key and shrouded from the rest of the world.
电影的故事情节是保密的
The story line of the movie was under lock and key.
你已经失败 抵抗是没有意义的
You are beaten. It is useless to resist.
电影令人震惊的高♥潮♥…
The film’s shocking climax…
达斯•维达透露了卢克•天行者的真实出身…
in which Darth Vader reveals Luke Skywalker’s true parentage…
几乎所有人都不知道…
was kept a secret from nearly everyone…
甚至是大卫•鲍罗斯和马克•哈米尔
even David Prowse and Mark Hamill.
就在开始拍摄前 哈米尔被私下告知
Hamill was told privately, just moments before the cameras rolled.
我和马克见了面 说…
I met with Mark and said…
“达斯•维达是你的父亲”
”You know that Darth Vader’s your father.”
他们把我拉到一边说:”这是他原本的台词”
They had taken me aside and said, ”This is what he’s really going to say.”
“我们要拍这一幕”
”And we’re gonna do the scene.
达斯•维达会说试镜的胡话 不能当真
And Darth Vader will be saying stuff that doesn’t count. Forget it.
只用对这句原本的台词进行反应
Use your own rhythm compared to what he’s doing. ”
这没有出路的
There is no escape.
别逼我杀掉你
Don’t make me destroy you.
我们拍了几次 他终于接受了
We did a few takes, and he finally got into it.
加入我吧…
Join me…
我会完成你的训练
and I will complete your training.
顺便说一下 这是达斯•维达的台词
And here is Darth Vader, who had his dialogue, by the way…
他以为这是全部对话
and he’s speaking the dialogue.
认为这被录下来了
He thinks it’s being recorded, you see.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!