这无疑给了我一丝 掌控感、力量感和希望
It certainly gives me a sense of agency, a sense of power, sense of hope.
我们的一个目标是不仅仅做外科医生
Part of what we’re trying to do is not just be surgeons
帮伤者把子弹取出来 然后让他们回到大街上
who pull bullets out of people and then send you back on the street,
还要努力研究 试着了解
but really trying to do research, really trying to understand,
如何发起一场改变局面的运动
how do we get a movement to change things.
我可以将一张面孔 跟其中一些花联♥系♥起来
There’s a face that I can attach to some of these flowers.
当我反思自己是小儿外科医生时
And when I reflect on the fact I’m a pediatric surgeon,
这意味着一个死掉的孩子
it means it’s a child that didn’t make it.
事实是 这让我们所有人痛心
And the truth is, it hurts all of us.
I’m starting to appreciate how it’s hurt me,
我开始感激它让我痛心
它改变了你看待生命的方式
how it really does change the way you look at life.
我感受到了当今这个时代的 紧迫感和沉重负担
I feel this urgency and the burden of this time in history,
我们的孩子正在被屠♥杀♥
that our children are being slaughtered.
这是破天荒第一次 美国儿童的头号♥死因
This is the first time that the number one cause of death for children
是枪♥支♥暴♥力♥
in the United States of America is gun violence.
Great, congratulations.
And as much as I love this country,
虽然我热爱这个国家
对国家给我和我的家人的一切
and I am so grateful for everything that it has offered to me
充满了感激 但我不想 把这样一个国家留给我的孩子们
and to my family, this isn’t the country I want to leave my children.
有个十多岁的孩子中了枪 昨晚我下班回家后
There was this teenager who got shot, but after I got home last night from that,
我几乎每个小时都会接到电♥话♥
I got called every hour almost.
-你不用去医院吗? -除非有严重情况
– So you don’t have to go in? – Unless there’s something huge.
我的女儿!
My girl!
见到她真开心
I’m so happy to see her.
我好爱你
I love you so much.
他来了
Oh, there he is.
你好 儿子 你怎么样?
What’s up, buddy. How are you?
– I can’t move. – It’s alright. I’ll come to you.
– How you feeling, huh? – Good.
-感觉如何? -很好
Better?
It’s hard for me to move too.
好点了吗?
-我动不了 -没关系 我会来看你
我行动也很困难
So what do you think, Grod’s good?
你觉得怎么样?格罗德还行吧?
Mm-hmm.
我们把这个肾命名为“格罗德”
So, we named the kidney Grod.
That’s a perfect name.
好名字
格罗斯坦医生
Dr. Grodstein.
我爱你
I love you.
我也爱你
I love you too.
我每天醒来
Every day, I wake up,
准备来上班的时候 我会听新闻
and as I’m getting ready to come to work, I listen to the news.
我会听到各种令人沮丧的故事 犯罪啦、战争啦
And I hear all these depressing stories about crimes being committed, about war.
但我来到医院 见到这些人
But then I get to come to work, and I get to see all of these people
他们不顾自己的安危 帮助有需要的人
who are putting themselves potentially in harm’s way just to help others in need.
别担心 我们会照顾你的 好吗?
Don’t worry, we’ll take care of you, okay?
这重振了我对人性的信心
And that reinvigorates my faith in humanity.
你看起来还有点脱水
You look like you are a little dehydrated too.
听着 反正我现在 无法办理入院手续 所以…
I mean, listen, I can’t be admitted right now, anyway, so…
-那也不能因此就不做 -我知道
– That’s not a reason not to do it though. – I know.
一、二、三
One, two, three.
快好了
Almost done.
这是周五的礼物 知道吧?
It’s a Friday gift, you know?
人类学家玛格丽特?·?米德说过
Margaret Mead, the anthropologist, said,
文明的第一个征兆 是看见一条痊愈的断腿
the first sign of civilization was seeing a broken leg that had been healed.
痊愈的断腿意味着有人帮伤者包扎
The broken leg that healed meant someone bound the patient up,
背他们 喂他们吃饭 保护他们
carried them, fed them, protected them.
帮助他们痊愈
You know, basically helped them heal.
在文明的世界里 我们保护伤员 关心他们
And in a civilized world, we protect our wounded and we care for them.
这就是我们 来到世间的目的 互相关照
That’s what we’re on Earth for, to care for one another.
急救车99 布鲁克林的 威里格山发生枪击案
Medic 99, report of shooting by Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn.
两人受伤 重复一遍 两人受伤
Two people down, repeat, two people down.
Oh God, again?
老天 又来了?
(心脏 用于移植的 捐献人类器官或组织)
(星光小队)
(心脏移植 注意 请勿进入)
(我们希望将本剧 献给所有患者及其家人)
(以及与我们分享 其英勇故事的医护人员)

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!