to me, a lot of the reasons why I was on the earth.
就是做个好人
Which is to be a good person.
要善良 要谦卑
To be kind. To be humble.
你知道 有时我内心中会有挣扎
And, you know, there are times I struggle with it a little bit.
治好了 现在没问题了 谢谢各位
That’s cured. Now we’re good. Thanks, guys.
因为坦白说 我觉得作为领导
Because frankly, I think, as a leader,
当你表现出软弱时 你最终会变得更好
when you show vulnerability, you actually end up better.
我觉得她很有可能 还是一名新冠后遗症患者
I think it’s very possible that she’s also a COVID long hauler,
她有新冠后遗症
and she’s having sequelae of having COVID.
I’m pretty conservative with going out.
我尽可能不出门
我有一年半没在外面吃饭了
I haven’t been out to dinner in a year and a half.
好 我马上回来
Alright, I’ll be right back.
-史黛西 嗨 -嗨
– Stacy. Hi. – Hi.
Uh, so your labs look fine.
你的实验室检查结果没问题
镁离子正常 心脏检查结果正常
The magnesium is normal. The heart labs are normal.

Um, I would at least finish out this liter of fluids, if you can,
如果可以的话 你最好输完这袋液体
因为这对你有好处 如果你今天继续禁食的话
because that’s going to help you if you continue fasting today.
如果你感觉好点了 我想你可以走了
And I think you’re good to go if you’re feeling better.
我确实好点了 但我想把液体输完 因为我一直在想…
I am feeling better, but I want the fluids ’cause I keep thinking that–
没错 你绝对应该输完
Absolutely. I think you should definitely finish that liter.
那就这样吧 我准备下班了
So why don’t we do that? I am getting ready to leave.
-你敢! -我知道
– How dare you? – I know.
再过十分钟 回去睡觉 不是马上
In ten minutes, to go to sleep. Not right away.
你为什么要做那种事?
And why, God forbid, you’d ever do a thing like that?
就是今晚回来
– Just to be back here tonight. – I don’t know how you do it, bless you.
我不知道你是怎么做到的 保佑你
说真的 我只想说 我很感谢医生们
I, honestly, just want to say I appreciate doctors.
我想到了那些护士和医生 以及发生的各种事
I think of nurses and doctors and all the stuff that’s going on,
你关心病人 不是为了应付工作
and it’s your heart, it’s not ’cause it’s just your job.
我不觉得…当人们真正关心
I don’t think how– when people actually are caring about
受苦的人时 意义是非凡的
the people who are suffering, it means a lot.
Thank you. Such a nice ending to my night. It was so nice meeting you both.
谢谢 这样结束今晚真好 很高兴认识你们
-我也是 好好休息 -你也是
– Same here, you get some rest. – You too.
我会的
I will.
做这种工作
Doing this type of work,
我们珍惜生命和我们拥有的东西 至少我是这样
we appreciate life and what we have in general, at least I do.
我很感激我拥有的一切 每天能够来到这里 见到人们
I’m pretty grateful for what I have and every time I come here and see people.
现在这种感觉更强烈了
But now it’s even more pronounced.
我刚接到消息
I just got the news.
她醒了
So she woke up.
– I mean, she was blind. – I know.
-之前她失明了 -我知道
-他们今天要送她去康复中心 -好极了
– They were sending her to rehab. – Fantastic.
– Tell me now. – Two.
-告诉我 -两根
-哇 她以前看不见她的手指的 -注意看
– She couldn’t see her fingers. – Watch this.
不 这是黄色的
– Wow. – No. This is something in yellow.
-哇 她能分辨颜色了 -她有色觉了
– Wow. She has colors. – She has color vision.
– Oh my God. – But watch this, she sees your gloves.
-我的天啊 -不过你看 她看见了你的手套
-是的 我现在看到了 -她把袖子卷起来了
– Yes. I see it now. – And she just rolled up her sleeve.
-我可以握住它 -你做得很好
– I can hold it. – Doing great.
天啊 她伸手去拿
Oh my gosh, she reached for it.
你的右手戴着手表
You have a watch on your right wrist.
我跟你说了 我说过视力会恢复的
I told you. I told you it would come back.
恢复?比之前还要好
Come back? It’s better than it was before.
It’s insane.
不可思议
-他来了? -嘿
– He’s here? – Hey.
-嗨 -我听说好消息了
– Hi. – I heard some good news.
– Oh my God. – Is it true?
-我的天 -是真的吗?
-嘿 你好 -是真的吗?
– Hey, how are you? – Is it really true?
我可以…
I can…
-我看见你今天穿的蓝色 -没错
– I see you have a blue on today. – I do.
你能第一次看到我的脸吗?
Can you see my face for the first time?
你戴着眼镜
Got your glasses on.
-是的 -我的天
– I do. – Oh my God.
这不是你的…我能看见你的嘴唇
This is not your– I can see your lips, yes.

Yeah.
-几根手指? -两根
– How many fingers? – Two.
几根手指?
How many fingers?
-一根 -很好
– One. – Pretty good.
灯亮的时候告诉我
Tell me when the light comes on.
-亮了 -她的右眼视力会恢复的
– Yes. – She’ll get the right eye back.
没错 一定会的
Yeah, you sure will.
So that’s really great news, that this early you’re getting color
这是天大的好消息 你的左眼这么快就能分辨颜色了
而且聚焦视力这么好
and real good focused vision in your left eye.
右眼视力也会慢慢恢复的
The right eye will come with time.
肿瘤对右眼的压♥迫♥力度 远远大于左眼神经
The right eye was much more compressed by tumor than the left eye nerve.
我预计会恢复的 但是需要时间
I expect that to come, but it’s going to take a while.
-神经每天恢复大约一毫米 -好的
– The nerves heal about a millimeter a day. – Okay.
所以需要很多天
Which is a lot of days.
-好的 他做得很好 -他是个好人 也是个出色的外科医生
– Okay. He did a good job, you know. – He’s a good guy. Good surgeon too.
你的视神经刚开始恢复工作
Your eyes, the nerves are just starting to kick in again,
它们还不是特别… 但很快就会越来越好的
they’re just not quite– but this is going to get better really quickly, I think.
你刚苏醒时 我对你的情况很失望
I was really bummed, you know, when we saw you first wake up,
我知道你需要时间 但我们都等不及了
and I know you got to wait, but we’re all inherently impatient.
是约翰一直让我保持耐心 说会好起来的
John was the one who kept saying, “Be patient, it’s going to get better.”
他说对了
And he was right.
我不认为你的视力将完全恢复
I don’t think your vision is ever gonna be perfect,
但也许能恢复到足以…
but you may get enough vision back–
只要能看见你帅气的脸 我就知足了
As long as I can see your cute face, then we’re okay.
She’s great. I mean, she sees me perfectly.
她很棒 她看我看得很清楚
-对 -你可能比我老婆还看得清楚
– Yeah. – You probably see me better than my wife.
Well, tell her she’s missing out.
告诉她 她错过了
她不知道自己的老公有多帅
She don’t know what she got going on there.
– You’re pretty good. – Oh, man. You’re the best.
天啊 你最棒了
当时我都放弃希望了 以为我会永远失明了
I was giving up hope, you know, I thought I was going to be permanently blind.
但昨天 我们要永远保持乐观
But yesterday, we have to always be optimistic
在你不相信自己的时候相信别人
and believe in people when you can’t believe in yourself.
上帝眷顾你 让你拯救生命
God has blessed you to save people’s lives.
你每天醒来的时候
And every day you wake up,
都应该感觉你为社会做出了贡献
you should always feel that you’ve done your part to society.
我们尽力而为
We try hard here.
是的 没错
Yes, you do.
我们不能放弃希望 世界依然美好
See, we can’t give up on hope. The world is still good.
你要去康复中心待三周
You’re gonna go to rehab for three weeks,
然后回来找我们看 好吗?
and you’re gonna come back and see us and see even more, okay?
你恢复得很好 我们很开心
You’re doing amazing. We’re so happy.
我爱你们
I love you guys.
我们也爱你 保持这个状态 好吗?
– We love you too. – Keep up the good work, okay?
我看到你了
I see you.
我也看到你了 谢谢你那些暖心的话
I see you too. Thank you for those beautiful words.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
那是我从病人那里 听到过的最暖心的话了
That was one of the nicest things I’ve ever heard from a patient.
她太棒了
She’s incredible.
Guns are coming into our community and taking our youths.
枪♥支♥正在进入我们的社区 夺走我们的年轻人
我告诉你们 我不想再埋葬一个孩子了
I say to you guys, I do not want to bury another child.
一个接一个的社区看不到希望
The absence of hope in community, after community, after community,
常常导致暴♥力♥事件的发生
often leads to the presence of violence,
所以我们既要解决枪♥支♥问题
and so we need to both address the gun issue,
也要解决看不到希望的问题
but also address the absence of hope.
我和切坦不懈努力
The commitment that Che and I have put into
想要战胜枪♥支♥暴♥力♥
really trying to get ahead of gun violence
这让我取得了当医学生时 无法想象的成就
has taken me to places that I never imagined as a medical student,
没想到作为一名外科医生 我的人生会有今天
that this is where my life would go as a surgeon.
这是一场很有挑战性的对话
It’s a challenging conversation, it really is.
现在我会去到白宫
I now find myself at the White House,
去到国会 倡议并试着 通过立法解决这个问题
the Congress, advocating, trying to get legislation to move this.
-我听说明天我们要一起吃午饭 -是的
– We’re having lunch tomorrow, I’m told. – Yes.
I wish I never had to watch my son die before my eyes.
真希望我不必看着我儿子死在眼前
-我担心这种事会再次发生 -对
– I fear that this could happen again. – Yeah.
我有三个孩子 两个十多岁 我也有这种担心 每次他们去…
I have three children, a couple teenagers, and that’s the worry every time they go–
我担心这种事还会发生
I fear that this could happen again.
我给你留个联♥系♥方式 以便联络工作上的事
I’ll give you my contact so we can connect on the work we’re doing.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!