Mom, we’re just going to CAT scan, right next door.
妈妈 陪我去好吗?
Mom, will you come with me? – Mom’s going to come with you.
-妈妈会陪你去的 -妈妈会跟着去
我们要给你的脑袋里面拍张照片
Gonna get a picture of the inside of your head.
我当了19年的护士了 每天的所见所闻
I’ve been a nurse for 19 years, and things I’ve seen on a daily basis
让我学会了凭本能分辨 什么是真实和重要的
really make me feel viscerally what’s real and what matters.
我不假思索就能知道
Like, this is… this is what I know.
所以我不会质疑我做的事 不会去想
So I don’t question what I do in terms of,
是否值得 是否应该继续做下去
is it worth it, or should I continue to do it?
我没有这方面的困扰
That’s not a question for me.
-妈妈 你待在这里 -我在这里 克里斯蒂安 我就在这里
– Mom, you stay here. – I’m here, Christian, right here.
一、二、三
One, two, three.
降落 南边
Skids down, skids down. South side.
好 我们到了 玛格丽特女士
Okay, we are here, Ms. Margaret.
跟你说一下 有时候进了这个房♥间以后
Just to prepare you, sometimes when we go into this room,
会有很多人问你各种各样的问题
there’s going to be a ton of people asking you all different questions,
创伤小组会对你进行评估
and there’ll be a trauma team that’s going to assess you
确保你拥有所需的一切
to make sure that you have everything you need.
Alright, let’s go get you into the trauma bay, okay?
好 我们送你去创伤室 好吗?
这是玛格丽特女士 今年78岁
So this is Ms. Margaret. She’s a 78-year-old female.
她在私家车道上摔了一跤 地面是水泥地
She sustained a fall in her driveway, which is concrete.
Um, she was unable to protect herself with her hands,
她没能用双手保护自己
所以她这里没有受伤 但她脸先着地摔在私家车道上
so she doesn’t really have injuries here, but she did face-plant in her driveway.
她有鼻中隔血肿 还有硬膜下血肿
She has a septal hematoma in her nose, and then she has a subdural hematoma.
Um, but nothing on her secondary assessment.
但是第二次评估没发现新情况
没有凹陷和变形之类的
No step-offs, no deformities. Nothing like that.
玛格丽特女士 我要跟你丈夫谈谈
Ms. Margaret, I’m actually going to talk to, um, your husband.
-让他知道你安全到达了 -好的 谢谢
– Gonna let him know you arrived safely. – Okay, thank you.
不客气 希望你能好起来 好吗?
Yeah, you’re welcome. Hope you get to feeling better. Okay?
Mr…
他姓…
对 我这就给伯纳德先生打电♥话♥
Yeah, I’m going to call Mr. Bernard right now, actually.
-谁是伯纳德先生? -她的丈夫
– Who’s Mr. Bernard? – Her husband.
就是让他知道她平安着陆了
Just to let him know that she landed safe.
嗨 伯纳德先生 我是天空健康的麦肯齐
Hi, Mr. Bernard, it’s MacKenzie with SkyHealth.
我只是想告诉你 我们和你妻子平安到达了
I just wanted to let you know that we arrived safely with your wife,
急诊室的医护人员正在照顾她
and they’re taking care of her in the emergency room,
创伤小组正在检查她的伤势
and the trauma team is seeing her now.
不客气
Oh, you’re so welcome.
Oh!
You’re very sweet. Thank you.
你太客气了 谢谢
好 再见
All right, bye-bye.
Yeah.
2015年 我妈妈被诊断出肺腺癌
In 2015,
my mother was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the lung.
刚开始的时候 症状很温和
Her symptoms, in the beginning, were really benign,
看不出来她得了什么病
and it wasn’t obvious what she was suffering with.
急诊医生为她做了扫描 诊断出她患有癌症四期
They scanned her, and they diagnosed her with stage 4 cancer in the emergency room,
这并不常见
which is not common.
通常不会那么明显
It’s usually not that obvious.
那是我一生中最黑暗的一天
Worst day of my life.
她是我的心和灵魂
She was my heart and my soul.
我看着她的灵魂伴侣陪着她受苦
You know, I watched her soulmate suffer while she was suffering.
那一幕让人心酸 但也很美好
That was difficult to witness too, but it was also beautiful
因为他们一起承受了那么多磨难 他们是那么爱对方
because of how much they endured together and how much they loved one another.
-进来吧 -嗨
– Come on in. – Hi.
我是马克里医生 你好
Dr. Macri here. How are you?
抱歉 我在这里陪女儿
Sorry, I’m with my daughter here.
这是应该的 没必要道歉
Of course, don’t be sorry about that.
你是她爸爸! 你是怎么进医院的?出了什么事?
You’re her dad! So, how did you arrive here? What happened?
Um, I fainted, basically. That’s the first time it happened to me.
我晕倒了 这是我第一次晕倒
Um, and I think it’s because of medication I was taking…
我觉得是我吃的药造成的…
– Uh, Lorazepam. – Lorazepam.
-劳拉西泮 -劳拉西泮
-劳拉西泮 -对
– Lorazepam. – Yeah.
好的 你为什么吃这个药?
Okay. Why are you taking that?
Um, for anxiety.
因为焦虑
她一直睡不好觉 觉得疲惫
She hasn’t been sleeping well, and she’s tired.
她一直非常焦虑
She’s been very anxious.
好 我为你检查一下 我想听听你的心脏
Okay. I’m just going to examine you. I wanna listen to your heart.
你现在放松多了
You’re much more relaxed now.
我把监护仪静音了 因为没必要加重你的焦虑
I turned off the monitor because there’s no need to make you more anxious.
好 听起来不错
Okay. It sounds very good.
我最近上了很多个班 发现
I’ve been working so many shifts recently where I’m seeing
焦虑、抑郁、恐慌的病人越来越多
this trend of anxiety, depression, panic.
说真的 我觉得 很多人都有这方面的问题
I really, honestly think it’s all building in a lot of people.
你想让我联♥系♥心理医生吗?
Do you want me to contact a psychiatrist?
你有心事想找人谈谈吗?
Is that something that you want to speak to somebody about?
Uh…
Were you thinking maybe more of an in-person situation?
你考虑过面对面谈谈吗?
也许吧
Maybe.
嗯 我觉得有时面谈更好 尤其是心理方面的问题
Yeah, I think sometimes, with psychiatry especially, in person is better.
我知道 由于疫情关系 很多人改成了远程看病
I know with the pandemic a lot of people migrated to telemedicine,
um, but it’s always nicer to sit down in front of somebody and speak to them…
但是找个人面对面坐着交谈 这肯定更好…
遇见这种病人时
When I see patients like this,
我想确保他们不会感到无助 感觉有必要跟心理医生谈谈
I like to make sure they’re not feeling hopeless and need to talk to Psychiatry,
我们为所有病人提供这些资源
those resources are available to everyone here.
我觉得疫情给我们造成了不良影响 让我们身心疲惫
I think the pandemic, it’s taken its toll on us. We’re tired.
好 很好
Alright, very good.
-谢谢你 医生 -不客气
– Thank you, Doctor. – Of course.
好吧 真可怜
Alright. Poor thing.
这些孩子
These children.
(莱诺克斯健康格林尼治村)
(科恩儿童医疗中心)
新冠检测?
A COVID test?
-是的 -对
– Yes. – Yeah.
拜托了 各位 我没得新冠
Oh, please. Come on, guys. I don’t got it.
他好可爱
He’s so cute.
克里斯蒂安 你现在有哪里疼吗?
Christian, does anything hurt you right now?
我的脸
My face.
-你的脸? -脸和腿
– Your face? – My face and my leg.
好的 有多疼?
Okay, a lot or a little bit?
十分是非常疼 一分是几乎没感觉
It’s ten being the worst, one being like, almost nothing.
八分?
An eight?
你说有八分疼 但你看起来很轻松 你很坚强
You’re very comfortable-looking to be an eight. Think you’re just a tough boy.
我只想让你知道 我爱你
I just wanted to let you know that I love you.
我也爱你 小男子汉
I love you too, little man.
要是我有什么事 记住 我爱你
If anything happens to me, just know that I love you.
我爱你 妈妈
I love you, Mommy.
-我也爱你 小男子汉 -我好爱你
– I love you too, little man. – I love you so much.
我要在你脸上滴点水 有几根头发需要扯下来
Just putting some water on your face.
There’s some hair I want to pull off.
Just cold, right? That’s it, just cold.
会有点凉 好吗?对 有点凉
-只是水? -只是水 没有别的
– So it’s just water? – Just water, that’s it.
You are just the bravest little boy we’ve seen today.
你是我们今天见过的最勇敢的小男孩
好了 都没了
Done. All gone.
-感觉好点了吗? -是的
– Feel better? – Yes.
很好
Good, alright.
我知道他说只有八分疼 但他还是刚才那个孩子
I know he told me he was an 8 or 10 pain, but we are looking at the same child,
你觉得他的疼痛程度还好 比他刚来时好多了吗?
and you think his pain is comfortable, much better than when he first came in?
-妈妈 -嗯?
– Mommy. – Yes?
Mommy, don’t cry, because you’re going to make me cry.
妈妈 不要哭 不然你会把我惹哭的
-我没有哭 -别哭
– I’m not crying. – Don’t cry, please.
我知道你在哭 但没关系
I know you’re crying but it’s okay.
没关系 妈妈 我会好起来的
It’s okay, Mom. I’m going to feel better.
-爱你 -我也爱你
– Love you. – Love you too.
我总是督促他 告诉他需要保持技术水平
I always kind of push him
and tell him that he needs to keep his hand in this.
他真的很有天分
He really is so talented,
他为这些孩子 和他们的家庭付出了很多
and he gives a lot to these children and their families.
我非常珍惜他这个优点
That’s something that I really cherish about him.
我离婚时 我的孩子们很不好过
My children, the divorce process, it’s tough for them.
疫情让我没时间照顾家人
The distraction that the pandemic caused pulled me away from my family
让我思索 如何才能 花更多时间陪他们
and made me think, how can I spend more time with them
满怀喜悦地看着他们成长
and still enjoy and watch them grow?
护理工作要求一丝不苟
Nursing is about being meticulous.
And if you take being meticulous, you can apply that to any business.
一旦你习惯了一丝不苟 就能将这种态度运用于任何行业