It’s stressful. It’s very stressful while waiting for the liver to come.
我们必须让两边的手术室保持同步
We have to synch operating rooms very closely
因为肝脏在体外只能存活一定的时间
because the liver can only be outside the body for a certain amount of time.
我们在祈祷她的大脑不会乱跑
We are praying that her brain is staying where it is,
祈祷我们能及时拿到新的肝脏
and that we can get this new liver in quickly so that it can
从而降低她脑内的压力 最终让她能够醒来
lower a lot of the pressure in her head, and that she can wake up at the end.
温尼克医生怎么还没回来?他不知道我们正在手术吗?
Why is Dr. Winnick taking so long? Doesn’t he know that we’re operating?
现在我们得把器官尽快送回去 让他们把它缝进体内
Now we have to get this back soon as we can so they can sew it in.
他们已经开始手术了 我们到了以后
They already started there, and once we get there,
把它洗干净就能植入了 我们不能再耽搁了
we clean it up, and it’s ready to go without any more delays.
-他们起飞了吗?-还没有
– They start flying yet? – Not yet.
在肝脏送到之前 我们没理由取出病人的肝脏
There’s no reason for us to try to take the liver out until the liver’s here.
温尼克在哪儿?
Where is Winnick?
看这个
Look at this.
他会告诉我们飞机在哪里 就是这个应用
He’s gonna show us where the plane is. This is the app.
已经排定了 他们还没起飞
Scheduled. They haven’t taken off yet.
他们说纽约有时速96公里的大风
Sixty-mile-an-hour winds, they said, in New York.
不 我明白 他们时间延误了 我们比他们快
No, I understand. They got delayed and we went faster.
通常我一离开 他们就会把它缝进去 除非没有肝脏
You know, normally, as soon as I leave, they’d sew it in, except there’s no liver.
我走了
I’m going.
出现过这种情况 病人还没醒过来
There’s been cases where people haven’t woken up.
你把一切都做了 团队派出去了 手术也做了
You do this whole thing, send a team out, do the operation,
然后病人没醒过来 就是这样
then they don’t wake up after. That’s it.
嘿
Hey.
没消息 对 但他们还没降落
Nothing. Yeah, but they still haven’t landed.
是的 我们准备好取出肝脏了 你想叫点意大利餐吗?
Yeah, so we’re ready to cut out the liver, but do you wanna order some Italian?
(科恩儿童医疗中心)
我觉得很不错 闭合也不错
I think it looks great, and the closure looks good too.
那这个位置呢?
And this position?
送回新生儿重症监护室 管子别拔
Back to the NICU. Intubated to the NICU.
谢谢大家 我知道要搭设的仪器很多 谢谢你们来回奔波
Thanks, everybody. It was a lot of set up. Thanks for running around.
想成为一名儿童外科医生 要花了十年时间接受训练
Takes about 10 years to be trained as a pediatric surgeon.
九到十年 从事研究和接受临床培训
Nine to ten years, between the research and the clinical training.
橄榄球大联盟的球员 都比儿童外科医生多
There’s more NFL football players than there are pediatric surgeons.
Any more questions? Sorry, I don’t know if you understand me.
你们还有问题吗?抱歉 我不知道你们能否听懂
It’s just that to me…
Not sure if you understand my Cuban accent.
我有古巴口音 不知道你们能否听懂
不知道我的口音是否影响你们理解
I don’t know if my accent makes it difficult.
我们已经胜利在望了 但我们必须再接再厉
Now we won half the battle, but now we have to keep going.
对 就像马拉松比赛
Yes, it’s like a marathon.
这不是短跑比赛 而是全程马拉松
It’s not a short run. It’s a marathon overall.
不会一帆风顺 这很正常
It’s really common that everything won’t go in a straight line.
顺利和不顺利的时候都会有
It’s more likely that we’re going to have good moments and bad moments.
-好吗?-谢谢
– Okay? – Thank you.
(科恩儿童医疗中心)
(莱诺克斯山医院)
– Dr. Boockvar. – How are you? Everything went fine.
你好 手术很顺利
-我可以用那个房♥间吗?-请吧
– Can I use that room? – Please.
我们切除了肿瘤 看起来非常碎
We removed that. It looked very, like, broken down.
基本上扩大了头骨开口 我们已经修复好了
And basically enlarged the bone opening, and that’s all being fixed,
所以你不会看到开口
so you’re not gonna be able to see any of it.
Mm-hmm.
I’m pleased that we made it bigger
好在我们扩大了开口 因为下面有肿瘤
because there was tumor in there, underneath.
肿瘤朝着两个方向生长
And the tumor was growing in sort of both directions,
向上穿过头皮 向下进入大脑
up out through the scalp and down into the brain.
我把它从大脑里取出来了
– So, I took it all out of the brain. – Mm-hmm.
If there is a lot of disease elsewhere,
如果扩散到其他多个脏器
我会说 这会影响到他的生存
I’m going to tell you that that’s going to impact his survival.
不过这次手术 为我们争取到了一点时间
However, we sort of reset the clock a little bit with this operation…
Mm-hmm.
…and hopefully with the information
希望凭借我们采集到的
病理学和遗传学信息
we gleaned from the pathology and the genetics,
我们能够想出有效的救治方案
we can come up with something that is effective.
-他很想活下去 -我知道
– He wants to live so bad. – I know.
这次手术让我们 朝着这个目标迈出了良好的一步
And this was a good step toward that.
这个病人很棘手
– It’s a terrible case. – Thank you so much, Dr. Boockvar.
Appreciate it.
非常感谢
但你知道 奇迹是存在的
But you know, miracles do happen in some way.
我们见过
You know, we’ve seen
出现转机的病例 我只盼望他也是其中之一
turnarounds in cases, and I just pray he’s one of them.
要对他的表现感到满意
– Be happy with what he has done.
有一项去共和机场取器官的任务
I have a transplant pickup at Republic Airport,
送到北岸大学医院
going to North Shore University Hospital.
10-4.
(肝脏 小心轻放)
谢谢你们
Thank you, guys.
请把吸管给我
Suction to me, please.
艾伦在吗?
Is Aaron here?
我们马上要出电梯了
Getting out of the elevator.
– Let me see a pickup, hold this? – I can’t, it won’t move.
让我看看 把扁桃体抬起来 等一下
不行 抬不动
-谢谢 里面见 -来后面?
– Thanks, see you in there. – Coming in the back?
好的 我去换衣服
Yes, I’m gonna go change.
看啊
Oh, look at that.
-你有细点的吗?-关键是不能掉在地下
– Do you have anything finer? – The key is not to drop it.
-好了 -谢谢
– There you go. – Thank you.
哇 好大的肝脏 艾伦
Wow, that’s a big liver, Aaron.
这个肝脏很漂亮 对她来说有点大 但她会没事的
It’s a beautiful liver. Big for her, but she’ll be fine.
这是救命的东西
It’s life-saving.
我们检查一下 确保没有漏掉洞
Why don’t we check to make sure there’s no holes that we missed?
Yup.
– Lew, you ready? – Ready.
-路易斯 准备好了吗?-好了
好 我们慢慢把它取出来
Alright, let’s cut this thing slowly out.
好 推
Okay, push, push.
– Uh-huh.
Okay. Take the liver out. Firm like a rock.
好 取出肝脏 硬得像块石头
她有自身免疫性肝炎
She had autoimmune hepatitis,
有可能药物加重了病情
and possibly made a little worse by medication.
这个肝脏已经死掉了
This is basically a dead liver.
来 不好意思
Here. Excuse me. Excuse me.
我来了 我需要垫一条蓝色毛巾
On my way. I need a blue towel up there.
这里
Right here.
你们把这个接起来
You guys, connect this thing.
我把这个放在角落后面
I’m going to pass this one behind the corner.
这个肝很大
It’s a big liver.
好了 不用再打结了
Okay, that’s enough knots, guys.
-我们这艘船的航速是40节 -我们遇到结了?
– We’re going 40 knots on this ship. – We’re being knotty?
进行灌注
Irrigation, please.
好了 停 拔♥出♥来♥
Okay, stop, pull it out.
那…好 我们要撤除体外循环了
That’s just… Okay, we’re going to come out of bypass.
好 一切顺利
Okay, everything’s good.
肝脏完整 它在洞里 她的旧肝脏已经取出
Liver full, it’s in the hole, her old one is out.
现在就等它发挥功能 救她一命了
And now it just has to do its job, it has to give her life.
马上就会知道了 问题是 她会醒过来吗?
We’ll know right away. The question is, does she wake up?
好吧 看看能不能联♥系♥上她的家人
Okay, let’s see if we can find her family.
-嘿 手术非常顺利 -好
– Hey, things went very well. – Okay.
Um, there was clearly extensive damage to the liver, the stomach.
他的肝脏和胃受到了广泛性损伤
我们得等他的身体恢复 一天一天来
We have to wait, let his body recover, um, and take it day by day.
过两天重新评估 取出来冲洗 甚至封闭开口
In a couple of days, re-evaluate to take back, wash out, maybe even close.
-这是好事 这是好消息 -是的
– That’s good. That’s really good news. – Yes.
当然 我们知道他的手臂中 有些子弹碎片 心脏附近也有
And we know there’s some bullet fragments in the arm, some by the heart.
现在需要时间来完全弄清
It’ll take time to tell the full extent
可能存在哪些长♥期♥问题
of what type of long-term issues there might be.
他很坚强 我们会陪着你的
You know, he’s doing a great job of fighting, and we’ll be with you.
我们基本上冲洗过了
We basically did a wash out.
能够帮助照顾这样一个孩子 心里很有满足感
It’s rewarding to be able to assist in the care of a child like this,
但我厌倦了见到 这么多无辜的孩子被子弹所伤
but it gets tiring seeing a lot of these innocent kids being injured by bullets.
我们不是每次都有机会挽救生命
We don’t always, often have the chance to kind of save a life,
或者见到身中这么多枪的人活下来
or to see somebody come through after being shot this many times,
所以今天的情形对我是很大的鼓励
so it’s really very kind of encouraging to see what we saw today.
你不仅要陪伴孩子度过危机 还要陪伴他的父母
You get to take not only a kid through a journey, but also parents.
因为孩子遇到健康危机时
Because of the anxiety that parents go through
父母内心的那种焦虑
when their kid goes through a health crisis,
是一种无法克服的压力
it’s an insurmountable level of stress.
我爱你
I love you.
我就在你身边