麻烦的是我们无法升高他的血氧饱和度
The problem was we couldn’t get his oxygen saturation up.
-已经降到了44左右-什么?唐纳德!
– It dropped down to about 44. – What?! Donald!
对
Yeah.
家长正在赶来 他们人很好
The parents are on their way. They’re very nice.
– …very loud. – Do they speak English?
他们会说英语吗?
好 我知道的情况都告诉你们了
Okay. So, that’s all I have for you.
我可以开始 然后进行回顾
I can start and then just review.
嗨 一切都好跟你们之前见到他的时候没有变化
Hi. Everything’s okay. Nothing changed since you saw him last.
当你走进来 向家属简单介绍情况时
Initially, when you walk in, have a quick report with the family,
你要向他们展示人性的一面而不是一个机器人
you offer them that little piece of you that you are a human, you’re not a robot.
但他没有任何痛苦
But he’s not in any pain.
他很舒服 他跟之前你们离开他时一样
He’s comfortable. He’s exactly the same way you left him before.
你要留在这里还是要走?
Are you gonna be here or leaving us?
不 我的工作是把病人送到医院
No, my job is to move patients to the hospital.
我还跟我妻子说你是主治医生
I was telling my wife you’re the main doctor.
我不是 我是护士我♥干♥这一行很长时间了
I’m not. I’m a nurse. I’ve been doing this a long time.
-我从西区坐直升机过来的-你做得很好
– I did a helicopter and planes out West. – You’ve done a very good job.
Well, I had a NICU baby four years ago,
四年前我有一个婴儿住进了新生儿重症监护室
我不得不守着我靠呼吸机维持呼吸的女儿
so I had to watch my daughter on a ventilator.
所以我非常明白作为病人家属的心情
So I really understand what it’s like to be on the wrong side.
我只想求你们救救我的孩子
– I just want you guys to please… – We will.
…please, please, save my child.
我只有这一个孩子 而且…
He is my only child, and…
-我不知道说什么好-我能看出来
– I can’t say anything. – I can see it.
我是来旅行的 什么都不懂
And I am on a visit. I don’t know anything,
我什么都没有…我不知道发生了什么事
I don’t have anything to– I don’t know what’s going on.
-你来对地方了-很好
– You’re in the right place. – That’s very nice.
好 我们会尽全力抢救他
Okay. We’re going to do everything for him.
-好吗?-谢谢你 先生 再见
– Alright? – Thank you, sir. Bye.
我有四个孩子 我最小的女儿在新生儿重症监护室住过两周
I have four children.
My last daughter was in the neonatal ICU for two weeks.
那是我人生中最漫长的17天
That was the longest 17 days of my life.
我当时的妻子的羊水过少他们告诉我们必须让孩子生出来
My then-wife’s amniotic fluid was low, and they told us the baby has to come now.
我当时很震惊所以她出生了 哇哇大哭
That was a big shock. So she came out, she cried,
但我知道她不是百分百健康
but I knew she wasn’t 100% perfect.
她出生后立刻被送到了重症监护室 插上了管子
She was whisked away after she was born, into the ICU, intubated.
然后 你知道…
And, um, you know…
我从一名新生儿转运护士
I went from a neonatal transport nurse
变成了一个父亲 你知道…
to a Dad and, you know…
感觉不太好
Not a good feeling.
就像有一头大象踩在胸口你却无能为力
It’s like an elephant steps on your chest and there’s nothing you can do about it.
但她已经在医院了
But she was already where she needed to be.
那里有各种资源
The resources were there.
我受过训练能为病得更重的婴儿喂食
And my training of feeding much sicker babies
这让我在照顾她时感到更加得心应手
made it easier for me to help her that way.
仿佛我的职业让我为那一刻做好了准备
It seemed like my career prepared me for that one instance,
并且发挥了作用
where it made a difference.
But that’s life, being prepared for what comes up.
但人生就是这样 就算未雨绸缪
也有计划不到的时候
You can’t always plan for everything.
保持管路 划开皮肤就行了
Stay on the line. Just nick the skin.
-看起来不错 我们正在缝合-正在闭合静脉
– That looks great. Sewing it now. – Closing the vein now.
-告诉他我爱他 看起来很棒-再灌注很顺利
Tell him I love him and it looks great.
Reperfusion went well.
-你可以拔掉塞子了-可以放在那里吗?
– You can pull the plug. – Can you let it down over there?
I would have liked to call and say
我很想打个电♥话♥说
这个肾脏正在产生大量尿液
this kidney is making a ton of urine right now.
升压药停了 很好
Pressors are off, wonderful.
看 有尿液了 只是流动有点慢
And look, there’s some urine. It’s coming. It’s just a little slow to wake up.
一般来说 采用活体肾脏移植如果肾脏立刻开始工作
Usually with living donor kidneys, if the kidney kicks in immediately,
就不需要再做透析因为它将清除血液中
you don’t need any more dialysis because it’ll get rid of potassium
积聚的钾
that’s building up in his blood.
钾在血液中积聚是非常危险的
If potassium builds up in your blood, it’s super dangerous
因为这可能导致心脏停止跳动
’cause it can lead to your heart stopping.
肾脏移植后 我们需要密切观察
We have to be on top of it post-kidney transplant
确保钾的水平不会升高
to make sure their potassiums don’t get high.
放松你的手 好吗?很好
Relax your hand, okay? Good.
进了手术室 我们必须拿出最佳状态
We have to go into the operating room on the top of our game.
进了手术室 我们必须做好准备
We have to go into the operating room prepared.
这会让外科医生倍感压力
It makes it really, really stressful for the surgeon.
这会让手术团队倍感压力
It makes it really stressful for the operating room team.
我们必须尽可能降低活体捐献者面临的
And we have to truly make sure that we are minimizing any degree of risk
任何程度的风险
for that living donor.
但手术结束后 你会非常欣慰
But at the end of it, it’s all the more gratifying
因为你照顾了两个病人
because you’ve been able to take care of two patients
参与了器官这个奇妙礼物的转移过程
and able to take part in the transmission of an amazing gift in the organ.
-再见 约翰!再见!-回见
– Bye, John! Bye! – Later.
过得去吗?
Do we have enough space?
积的尿液又增多了 你看
Well, we are building up some more urine. Look at that.
导尿管的底部又满了 好点了
Our refill time at the bottom of the tube, a little better. A little.
-我们要了-沾沾自喜
– We’ll take it. – Small golf clap.
我进来了
I’m coming in.
我们去看看捐献者
Let’s go see the, uh, donor.
一般人的肾…捏个拳头一般人的肾就这么大
So we say the average kidney is, make a fist, that’s the average kidney.
你的肾有这么大
Yours was almost like that.
-真的吗?-很大
– Really? – It was big.
所以很难取出来花了很长时间才取出来
So it was very difficult to take out. It took a long time to take out.
现在已经植入了
– So it’s implanted now. – Okay.
他已经从手术室出来了看起来一切都好
He’s coming out of the operating room, and everything looks really good.
Okay.
Feels pretty good to save somebody’s life, I imagine.
我猜救人的感觉一定很好
也不是第一次了
Well, it’s not the first time.
对
– Yeah.
还有谁要在卡上签名?
Who else has to sign the card?
有人想在狗上签名吗?还有15分钟
Does anybody want to sign a dog? Fifteen more minutes.
Oh, God. Do they come with instructions?
天啊 这个有说明书吗?
花了八万美元学医 却打不开一个…
$80,000 education and can’t open a freakin’–
告诉我怎么弄 我该怎么做?
Tell me how to do this. What am I supposed to do?
-你在帮倒忙-我在跟你说 这个…
– You’re not helping me. – I’m telling you, it’s–
-她十分钟后到-团队合作 伙计们
– Ten minutes and she’s coming. – Teamwork, guys.
-还有一朵花-得有人来指挥
– There’s another flower. – Somebody’s gotta supervise this.
拉胶带
Pull the tape.
她会很开心的
She’s gonna be so happy.
太棒了
Oh, this is awesome.
-谢谢!看起来非常棒 伙计们!-尤其是这些绒球
– Thanks! It looks so good, guys! – Especially the pom-poms.
我们应该把礼物摆到桌尾还是像这样?
Should we bring presents to the end of the table or like this?
Okay, I think she’s here.
好了 我想她来了
(哦 宝贝!)
惊喜!
Surprise!
– Nobody yelled “Surprise”?
没人喊“惊喜”吗?来吧
Hi! Are you surprised?
嗨!惊喜吗?
凯特琳要我祝贺你
Kaitlyn wants me to congratulate you.
-迎婴派对快乐-谢谢
– Happy baby shower. – Thank you. Mm!
– I hope you like it. – I love it.
-希望你喜欢-我很喜欢
他们都有帮忙装饰
They were all helping decorate.
Nobody yelled, “Surprise.” You guys are terrible.
没人喊“惊喜” 你们太差劲了
We don’t want the baby to freak out.
我们不想吓到宝宝
我没让你们吓她只是让你们喊“惊喜”
I didn’t say scare her, just yell “Surprise.”
给我们一个惊喜
Just surprise us.
– What’s that? – Isn’t that awesome?
-什么情况?-很棒吧?
我去 宝贝
Holy shit, babe.
-我知道!-我去
– I know! – Holy shit.
是不是很棒?
Isn’t that amazing?
麦肯 真是太棒了
Oh, MacKen, that’s freaking awesome.
我昨天做了超声波检查
I had a growth sonogram yesterday.
三周前 宝宝的体型还很小
And the baby was measuring pretty small three weeks ago.
现在她还是很小
She’s still measuring small.
她没有从我的胎盘得到
Basically, she’s not receiving the nutrients that she needs,
所需的营养
like, from my placenta.
这会导致她生长缓慢
And so it’s going to cause her to grow a little bit slower.
-口罩-说真的
– Face masks. – Seriously.
哇 真是活在一个好时代
Wow, what a time to be alive.
She may grow faster outside than she would inside of me,
她出生后可能会比在我体内长得更快
所以医生想为我引产比我预料中还要早