发生过直升机坠毁 人员死亡的事故
where we have lost people due to a helicopter crash.
需要取消这次飞行吗?
Should we cancel this flight?
-不-不用
– Nope. – Negative.
但我们受过训练 从事这份工作
But, we’ve been trained. There’s a lot of training,
需要接受大量训练和继续教育
a lot of continuous education that goes on with this job.
我有好几个州的护士执业证
You know, I have several different state licenses for my nursing.
我必须成为国家注册护理人员
I have to be a national-registered paramedic.
我有两个州的救护员执业证
I have two different state EMT licenses.
他们会确保你训练有素 能力合格
They make sure that you’re very well-trained and capable.
我相信我们的飞行员和机组人员可以把生命托付给他们
I trust our pilots and our crew members implicitly,
you know, with my life.
(天空健康)
(北岸大学医院)
(北岸大学医院)
我今天上午的肾移植手术患者他需要做紧急透析
My kidney transplant for this morning,
he needs to get urgently dialyzed.
-好的 我们带他上来-好
– Okay, we’ll bring him up. – Yeah.
克里斯是一个年轻小伙有局灶性节段性肾小球硬化病史
Chris is a young gentleman who has a history of a disease called FSGS,
造成他的双肾产生瘢痕
which causes his kidneys to scar
排出大量蛋白质
and excrete a lot of protein.
这会最终导致双肾开始衰竭
The problem with it is that eventually the kidneys start to shut down
因此病人需要做透析
and patients need to go on dialysis.
现在克里斯的情况非常棘手
Now, Chris’s case has been incredibly difficult
因为做透析的时候
because to go on dialysis,
需要将一根管子插入他胸部的一条大静脉
he needed a line placed into a big vein in his chest,
但管子造成了感染
and Chris had an infection of the line,
继而造成了心脏瓣膜感染
and it led to an infection of his heart valves.
做透析导致他做了两次心脏手术
So he needed two open-heart surgeries, all as a result of going on dialysis,
最主要的原因是他无法及时接受肾移植
and mostly because he couldn’t get a kidney transplant fast enough.
好吧 我的朋友
All right, my friend.
-我们要做什么手术?-肾移植
– What surgery are we doing, my man? – Kidney transplant.
他获得移植机会的过程比我们遇到的普通病人
The pathway for him to get to transplant has been far more difficult
要艰难得多
than the typical patient we encounter.
记住 这是普通手术 好吗?
Remember, general surgery, right?
我们会在拿骚县做手术
We’re all in Nassau County doing the operation.
你就像去巴哈马群岛度假翘着腿 喝着鸡尾酒 欣赏海景
You’re in the Bahamas, feet up, having a cocktail, looking at the ocean.
-以后不用做透析了 开心吗?-是的 当然开心了
– Happy to be off dialysis? – Yeah, absolutely. Yeah.
-你会很顺利的 好吗 伙计?-谢谢你 医生
– You’re going to crush this. Okay, bud? – Thanks, doc.
本来你姐姐打算捐肾的 对吧?
Your sister was going to donate, right?
-对-但是没能实现
– Yeah. – And your sister fell through.
我还记得你当时情绪低落
I remember you felt like in the dumps.
当时你放弃希望不指望获得死者捐献的肾脏了吗?
At that moment, were you resigned to getting a deceased donor kidney?
我不知道未来会怎么样我抱着最好的期望
I didn’t know what was gonna happen.
I was hoping for the best.
– Mm-hmm. – You know, expecting the worst.
做好了最坏的打算
对 你等到了最好的结果 伙计
Right. Well, you got the best, man.

Yeah.
他把信息发到了脸书上
He put his message out to Facebook.
最终有一位匿名捐献者来到我们中心
Eventually, we had an anonymous donor come forward to our center.
他不想让任何人知道他要捐献器官的事
They didn’t want anybody knowing that they were donating,
他不想让克里斯感觉欠他的人情
and they didn’t want Chris to feel like he was indebted to this person.
好吧 我们讨论了所有细节
All right, so we talked about all the details.
我们五分钟后在里面见
I’ll meet you inside in about five minutes.
-好 我会去的-好的
– Alright. I’ll be there. – Okay. Alright.
我们发现捐献者是克里斯在纽约警♥察♥局的搭档
We found out that it’s been Chris’s partner in the NYPD,
他们共事多年一直在保护对方的生命
where they’ve worked together for years protecting each other’s lives,
现在他的搭档来救他的命了
and now his partner is coming forward to save his life.
约翰不想让接受者知道是谁要捐肾给他
John did not want the recipient to know who’s giving him the kidney,
所以我们将两台手术完全分开
so we kind of arranged this totally separate.
这不是一个容易的决定
This is not an easy decision.
We talked to him about all the possible complications,
我们告知了他可能发生的各种并发症
各种影响、预后、短期、长♥期♥
repercussions, outcomes, short-term, long-term.
这是手术 不是在公园散步
This is surgery. It’s not a walk in the park.
他仍然想捐献
And he still wants to donate.
捐献器官存在轻微风险但根据我的经验
There is slight risk with donation, but from my experience,
从来没有捐献者因为这种风险而放弃捐献
this had never stopped someone who wanted to donate from donating.
捐献者肾移植能够解决器官短缺的问题
Donor kidney transplantation is the way out of organ shortage.
成千上万的人在做着透析 等待肾脏
Thousands of people waiting on dialysis, waiting for kidneys.
他才是今天的英雄
He is actually the hero of the day.
约翰 可以过去一点让我听听你的肺吗?
John, is it possible to scooch over for me just a smidge
– so I can hear your lungs?

Okay.
-你现在觉得疼痛吗 约翰?-是的
– Are you having any pain right now, John? – Yes.
从0到10 疼痛程度有多高?
On a scale of 0 to 10, what would you rate it?
-11-10是最痛…
– Eleven. – Ten being the worst–
-主要是什么地方痛?-主要是腿痛
– And where is it located mostly? – Mostly in my legs.
好 肚子痛吗?
Okay. Any in your belly?
不 我还胸口痛
No. I have chest pain too,
因为前两天那个医生用力捶我的胸口
from the doctor bashing the shit out of my chest the other day.
-那是为你做心肺复苏 你很幸运-所以你现在还活着
– You were getting CPR. – That’s why you’re still here.
You’re very lucky.
– Sorry, I can’t help him. Up. – Lift me up.
抱歉 我扶不动他 扶他起来
Fuck me.
该死
-你的头需要垫一下吗?-需要
Want something under your head?
Yeah…
-这样好点了吗?好-是的
– That make it better? – Yeah.
Okay.
好的 我们把这个挪到…
– Right, so we get this and move it right…
老天 帮帮我
Oh God, help me.
-你们准备了阿帕契直升机吗?-你喜欢直升机吗?
– You guys got an Apache up there or what? – Do you like helicopters?
-是的 我喜欢直升机-我也是 我们有一架欧直135
– Yeah, I do like helicopters. – I do too. We have a Eurocopter 135.
采用双引擎旋翼系统
It’s a dual engine rotor system.
-很好-对
– Nice. – Yeah.
-你以前坐过直升机吗?-没有
– Been in a helicopter before? – No.
为了便于通话 你得戴上这个耳机
For us to communicate with you, you have to wear this headset.
麦克风部分必须贴近你的嘴巴
This microphone portion has to be very close to your mouth.
Cool. Air Force One, let’s go.
空军一号♥ 出发
我会把你当做我的纽约香蕉
I’m gonna think of you as my New York banana
因为你全身裹在这个黄色袋子里 好吗?
’cause you’re all wrapped up in this yellow skin here, alright?
-保重 兄弟-保重 伙计 好吧?
– Take care, brother. – Take care, man. Alright?
约翰很坚强大部分人做不到这么镇定
John is the man. Most people aren’t that calm.
-祝你早日康复 好吗?-我会回来的
– Feel better, okay? – I’ll be back here.
You’re not supposed to say that when leaving the hospital.
离开医院时不要说这种话
对不起
– I’m so sorry.
I know.
我知道
-好了 可以出发了-我们准备好了
– Alright, we’re good to start. – We’re clear.
(科恩儿童医疗中心)
小约现在命悬一线
Josh’s life is in the balance.
情况很棘手 形势危急
It’s really delicate. It’s touch and go right now,
所以希望能尽快为他做手术看看是什么情况
so hopefully we can get him into surgery soon so we can see what’s going on.
他的前景很艰险
He’s got a really hard road ahead of himself.
我们将竭尽所能抢救这个年轻人
We’re going to fight as hard as we can for this young man.
我们知道他还有意识他的大脑还在运作
We know he’s there. His brain was functioning.
不是每个人都像他这么走运
That’s not always the case. He’s really fortunate
子弹没有击中他的脑部否则我们也无能为力了
a bullet didn’t catch him there. Then there’s nothing anybody can do.
我现在是活一天算一天
I’m just taking it one day at a time.
活一天算一天
One day at a time, I’m taking it.
为了他强撑着
Just trying to be strong for him.
这个打击太大了
It’s just a lot to take in.
你知道 像这个年轻人后来他的母亲来找我时
You know, like this young man, his mother, she came to me afterwards.
你会忍♥不住想要拥抱这位母亲
How do you not feel compelled to hug this mother?
枪♥支♥暴♥力♥是无情的
Gun violence is unforgiving.
你一时冲动做出的决定会造成无法挽回的后果
You make a snap decision, it’s over. You can’t take it back.
这里是儿童创伤中心这种事我们见得太多了
This is a children’s trauma center, so we see enough.
我们接受非常高水平的训练因为我们这里有各种资源
We are trained at an extremely high level because of the resources we have here
加上我们的医生以及他们对我们的训练
with our doctors and the way they educate us.
我们照顾的是极端危重的病人
We literally go out on the sick of the sick.
转运队请讲
Transport’s coming.
五个月大的婴儿患有严重的呼吸道合胞病毒肺炎
Five-month-old baby currently with a severe case of RSV.
他有心脏病
He has a heart condition.
一家人来美国度假家属今天上午把他送来的
Family’s in the country on holiday and brought him in this morning.
他的病情恶化了
His condition has deteriorated.
他需要立刻转到科恩的新生儿重症监护室
He needs to be transported to Cohen’s NICU immediately.
出发
Let’s go.
患者是个五个月大的婴儿在本国有心脏病史
This is a five-month-old that had a cardiac history in his home country.
像是患上了呼吸道合胞病毒肺炎

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!