I have the tube. And we’re reconnected.
我们搬动他时 他伤情危重
He got quite sick while we were doing this,
我们不得不做一些调整为他大量输血
and we had to make a few adjustments, give him quite a bit of blood,
大量使用升压药
and give quite a bit of blood pressure medicines
两种手段结合使用
and a mix of the two different things.
Uh…
在此期间 我们一直密切观察
And the whole time, it’s kind of been a dance to see
他血压是否下降 或者出现心律紊乱
if he loses his blood pressure or his heart goes into a bad rhythm
就像昨晚他生命垂危时那样
like happened last night, where he tries to go.
Um, I came looking for you.
我是来找你的
好消息是 至少从目前来说
The good news, at least for now, is that we don’t see any bleeding
我们没见到有大动脉出血之类的
from a major artery or something like that,
或者之前我跟你说的肝脏问题
or like the liver I was telling you about.
所以我们打算把他送到楼上的重症监护室
So what we want to do is get him upstairs to the ICU.
I don’t think he needs an operation right now.
-我认为他暂时不需要做手术-好…
Okay…
最扎心的是 你意识到
The most acute problems are the ones where you realize
一个孩子遇到了可怕的事你却无力改变
you can’t change something terrible that has happened to a child
以及我知道没救了
and maybe that moment of time where I know it,
但父母仍然期盼有救
but the parents still hope that it’s not the case,
在你帮助他们认清即将面对的新的现实之前
and that gap in time until you help to bring them
那段时间特别扎心
into the new reality that they’re going to face.
This is going to be hour by hour for the afternoon,
下午我们要按小时进行观察
看看会怎么样 然后决定是否…
see what happens, and then decide whether–
-但他目前没有危险 对吧?-他…
– But he’s in the clear right now? – He’s–
目前他暂时安全 不需要做手术
For right now, he’s in the clear for this moment as far as doing surgery.
但只是暂时的 我明白你想问什么
He’s not clear big picture, which I know you’re asking me.
Um…
We can– Really for now, it’s one hour at a time.
现在只能按小时观察
We want to get him up there safely,
我们希望能安全地把他送到楼上
避免他出现严重的医学状况
keep him from having these major medical problems
也就是心脏无法♥正♥常工作
where his heart is trying to not function.
然后…
And…
Um…
然后平安地度过今晚 好吗?
And then get through the night tonight again, right?
作为父母 你不知道发生了什么事
As a parent, you don’t know what’s going on,
你没跟他们在一起所以有时会存在认知差距
you’re not with them, and so there’s sometimes this gap
明明发生了很多事 但父母并不知道
where a lot has happened, but the parents don’t know what has happened.
我很清楚这意味着什么这个孩子的生死
And I understand, really, what this means for how this child’s life
很可能不会像任何人希望的那样
will probably not be what anyone dreamed it would be.
作为一名年轻的神经外科医生甚至是作为一名医学生
As a young neurosurgeon, even as a medical student,
吸引我们形成这种被人需要的迫切愿望的
what attracts us to nurture this kind of urgent need to be needed.
You have to respect the fact that that commitment
你必须尊重一个事实 就是我们
对另一个人类的生命做出过承诺
to the life of another human being is something that we make,
我们要说到做到要自始至终践行这个承诺
and that we do, and that we live with that all the time.
-完成了 朱利安-太幸运了 我知道
– All done, Julianne. – So lucky, I know.
你甚至不需要这个
You don’t even need that.
我跟你丈夫谈过了布兰登知道一切顺利
I spoke to your husband. Brandon knows everything’s okay.
-好 让我看看你的牙齿-笑一个
– Okay, show me your teeth. – Smile.
握住我的手
Give me a squeeze.
It’s a little weaker, but it’s normal.
有点乏力 不过这是正常的
动动脚趾
Wiggle your toes.
很好
Good.
一切都很顺利
Everything went perfect.
需要我通知你丈夫你还活着吗?
Should I let your husband know you’re alive?
Okay.
好
好的 亲爱的
All right, sweetie.
Aww.
Looks good.
看起来不错
-手术很顺利-是吗?
– Went great. – Did it?
对 没出问题 一切都很顺利
Yeah, no problems, everything’s fine.
我非常乐观
I’m as optimistic as I could be.
对大脑深处的运动皮层动刀时容错率非常低
When you’re up against her motor area and deep, you only have so much latitude.
不能太过冒进
You don’t want to push the envelope too much.
我宁愿她强健、正常
I’d rather her be strong, normal,
留点小问题继续观察也不希望反过来
have a little thing to follow than the other way.
而且不是癌症所以我们可以继续观察
And it’s not cancer, so it’s something we could always follow.
我想你们会幸福美满 白头到老的
I think you’ll have a long, happy life together.
-好吗?-谢谢 伙计
– All right. – Thanks, buddy.
-坚持住-谢谢
– Hang in there. – Thanks.
-好-谢谢
– All right. – Thank you.
-保重-你太棒了
– Take care. – You’re awesome.
他让我有点情绪激动
I got emotional with the guy.
她看起来很好
She’ll look great, I think.
也许她会有一些后遗症
She may have some deficit afterwards, actually.
我不会感到惊讶
I wouldn’t be surprised.
We were really close.
手术过程很惊险
我们送你上去 够暖和吗?
Bring you up. You warm enough?
All right.
神经外科重症监护室
你好
Hello.
Julianne, how are you?
朱利安 你怎么样?
-我很好-那就好
– I’m fine. – Good.
Hello.
– What’s wrong? – I’m so happy.
-怎么了?-我太开心了
人们应该得到你的照顾
People deserve you.
人们应该得到全力以赴的照顾
People deserve someone that wants to give their best.
今天很顺利
It was a good day.
对我们所有人来说医疗保健将会很重要
Healthcare is going to be important for all of us.
这场疫情就是证明
This pandemic has proven that.
我们证明了 人类仍然愿意帮助他人
We proved that, you know, human beings still want to help.
警笛声是城市的配乐
Sirens are the soundtrack of the city.
很多警笛声都代表有人需要帮助
And many of those sirens are people in need.
突然之间 在这个困境中…
And all of a sudden, out of this morass…
当你需要别人时 他们就在那里
when you need people and they’re there.
队员每天都不一样
The team is different every day.
护士和外科医生每天都在变
Which nurses are here. Which surgeons are here.
为了保证每天24小时有人值守我们付出了巨大的努力
The effort that’s involved to really have the expertise here 24/7.
这些力量汇聚成了照顾孩子的魔力
That’s the magic that comes together to take care of children.
-那是我最小的孩子-嗯
– That’s my youngest child. – Yeah.
看着他受苦
To watch him suffer,
我很心痛 我什么都做不了
it hurts that I can’t physically
无法帮助他 缓解他的痛苦
do anything to help him, to help his pain.
这让我心痛
It hurts.
多年的悉心照料 含辛茹苦
All the Pampers, all the years, all the tears,
全家人付出那么大的精力
and all of that work that, you know,
做了那么多事
a whole family pours themselves into it.
一瞬间就被一颗子弹击得粉碎
And in a second… …one bullet, and it’s all gone.
He’s a great big 17-year-old,
他是个17岁的好孩子
再过两天 我儿子就满16岁了
but my son has a 16th birthday in two days.
他们的内心仍是小男孩
Inside, they’re still little boys.
我知道 在那位母亲的心中那仍是她年少的儿子
And I know for that mother, that’s still her little boy.
我很担心 虽然他之前健康强壮
I worry that as healthy and strong as he was coming into this,
但他的身体遭受了重创
the hit to his body is so huge that, um,
他就像一架即将坠毁的飞机
it’s like he’s an airplane that’s about to crash.
他现在还没把飞机拉起来所以这是问题所在
He hasn’t even leveled off at this point, and so that’s the question.
他会在我们救出他之前撞击地面吗?
Is he going to hit that ground before we can pull him out of it?