民权运动中的非暴♥力♥使徒
the apostle of non-violence in the Civil Rights movement,
在田纳西州孟菲斯遭到枪杀
has been shot to death in Memphis, Tennessee.
最新的艾维斯票房♥毒药, 又一部失败之作
New Elvis stinker bombs, another flop.
观众已对普雷斯利的电影不感兴趣
There’s no more appetite for Presley pictures.
1968年
不管我有多努力
It don’t matter how hard I worked,
想出多少个愚弄众人的主意
how many snow jobs I came up with,
从而赚取多少利润
how much snow I made them.
这小子挥金如土
My boy loved to spend.
他身边总围绕着一批乡巴佬 大量挥霍着他的钱财
And with them hillbillies around him, the money would just melt away.
牧场和马匹的出♥售♥能用来支付员工薪水
With the sale of the ranch and the horses, that’s gonna cover the payroll,
至于雅园的保安费用…
but as for the security at Graceland…
据报道,警方追逐一辆装有 无线电配备的汽车并展开枪战
Officers also reportedly chased and fired on a radio-equipped car
车上坐着两名白人男子
containing two white men.
金博士今晚站在他二楼酒店房♥间的阳台
Dr. King was standing on the balcony of his second floor hotel room tonight,
据他的同伴描述
when, according to a companion,
对街突然开来一枪
a shot was fired from across the street.
金博士总是说实话
Dr. King.He always spoke the truth.
发生什么事了?
What happened?
他们立即把三十九岁的 黑人领袖送往医院
They rushed the 39-year-old Negro leader to a hospital,
但他因枪伤过重不治身亡
where he died of a bullet wound in the neck.
叮叮当,叮叮当
Jingle, jingles…
圣诞老人来了
Here comes Santa Claus Here comes Santa Claus
就在圣诞老人巷
Right down Santa Claus Lane
悍妇、闪电以及所有的驯鹿拉着缰绳…
Vixen and Blitzen And all the reindeer Pulling on the rein
艾维斯普雷斯利的《奇妙的圣诞世界》
Elvis Presley’s Wonderful World of Christmas.
由胜家缝纫机公♥司♥
Brought to you by
赞助发行 -有些人寻找替罪羊
the Singer Sewing Machine Company,
到美国的每台电视机 -其他人寻找阴谋论
to every television set in America.
拍摄只需三天时间 -但有一点是明确的
It only takes three days to tape,
现场也没有观众
and there’s no audience.
暴♥力♥滋生暴♥力♥ -他将穿着…
Violence breeds violence,
镇♥压♥滋生报复 -一件圣诞毛衣
repression breeds retaliation. – …Christmas sweater.
由胜家新出的家用针织机缝制而成
Made on the new Singer, home knitting apparatus.
憎恨和害怕他的兄弟 -孟菲斯正在燃烧
Memphis is burning. -…and to fear his brother.
当你教会一个人,他只是个小人物
When you teach that he is a lesser man
只因为他的肤色或信仰… -我希望普雷斯利企业
because of his color or his beliefs…
能度过一个白色圣诞,因为肯定会下雪
…dreaming of a white Christmas, because, oh, it’s definitely going to snow.
圣诞特辑,我们只能做这个吗,上将?
Christmas special. Is this the best we can do, Admiral?
我们已赚净虚假好莱坞的每一分钱
Well, we took the Hollywood phonies for every nickel they had
是时候收拾行李
and now it is time for us to pack up our tents
前往更好的新地方
and move on to even greener pastures.
大家已见识过“反叛的艾维斯” 也见过“电影明星艾维斯”
We’ve seen “Elvis the Rebel,” we’ve seen “Elvis the Movie Star.”
我们现在将迎来“家庭艺人艾维斯”
Now we will see “Elvis the Family Entertainer.”
甚至是家电推销员?
And appliance salesman?
你说什么?
What did you say?
给我听好了,杰瑞,你没资格
Listen, Jerry, I don’t need you to question me
质疑我如何养家糊口 这里该死的每个人都靠我吃饭
about how I support my family and every goddamn person here.
你听明白了吗?
You understand me?
你若不喜欢,大可以滚回孟菲斯
If you don’t like it, you can go back to Memphis.
你们想笑就尽管笑出声吧,混♥蛋♥
Laugh it up, assholes.
艾维斯
《哈鲁姆斯卡鲁姆》
多么美妙的《圣诞老人来了》演绎
What a beautiful rendition of “Here Comes Santa Claus” that was,
带动了这个欢乐季节的魔幻魅力
with all the sparkle and magic that the season brings.
这个季节你会更温暖 身穿12号♥绞花针织羊毛毛衣…
And you’ll be even warmer this season in a 12 gauge cable-knit woolen sweater…
萨宁?
Satnin? – Hi.
使用胜家SK155家用针织机 就能在家自己制♥作♥
…made right at home on the Singer Sewer SK155 home knitter.
现在有请艾维斯出场!
And now, here’s Elvis!
我能跟你一同看纪念表演吗?
Can I watch the memorial with you?
可以啊,宝贝
Yeah, baby.
我厌倦了扮演艾维斯普雷斯利
I’m so tired of playing Elvis Presley.
有太多人依赖我了
Too many people rely on me.
我爱你
I love you.
你女儿也爱你
And your daughter loves you.
我们不在乎钱或其他什么
We don’t care about the money or anything else.
我们只希望你快乐
We just want you to be happy.
主啊,握住我的手,不要让我跌下
Lord, hold my hand And don’t let me fall
你只有在唱喜欢的音乐时才真正快乐
You’re only really happy when you sing the music you love.
哦,握住我的手…
Oh Take my hand
玛哈莉亚杰克逊
Mahalia Jackson.
我以前在东街教堂听过她唱歌♥
I used to hear her sing at East Street Church.
在我的身体里有一种感觉…
Got a feelin’ in my body
这才是让我快乐的音乐
That’s the music that makes me happy.
这将是我们的幸运日…
This will be our lucky day
当用说的太危险时,就用唱的!
So when things are too dangerous to say… sing!
♪ When Moses walked the children out of Egypt land
♪ He said “Now don’t you worry we’re in the lord’s hands”
♪ I got a feelin’ in my body
♪ This will be our lucky day
♪ We’ll be released from all our sorrow
♪ Leave it layin’ along the way
你得见一见宾德和波尼斯,E.P.
You gotta meet these Binder and Bones guys, E.P.
詹姆斯布朗和滚石乐队 能同台演出全是他们的功劳
They’re the ones that put James Brown, the Rolling Stones onstage.
他们创造的是前卫的音乐
They’re doing some cutting edge stuff.
宾德先生和豪威先生,谢谢你们前来
Mr. Binder, Mr. Howe… thanks for coming.
我初到好莱坞时, 会来这里静♥坐♥几个小时
When I first came to Hollywood, I’d come up here and sit for hours.
《无因的反叛》 就在那里的天文台拍摄的
Right over there, the observatory… that’s where they shot Rebel Without a Cause.
我曾梦想成为 像吉米迪恩一样伟大的演员
Man, I used to dream of being a great actor like Jimmy Dean.
这块看板当时很雄伟
This sign was beautiful then.
但如今
And now…
我感觉很多事物也不过如此
Feels as though lots of things are like that these days.
老旧不堪,骨子里早已腐烂透彻
Broke down, beat up. Rotten.
我很喜欢你们所做的
I really like what you guys did,
把詹姆斯布朗和滚石乐队拼凑在一块
putting James Brown and the Stones together.
我们也是你的忠实粉丝
We’re, uh… big fans of yours, too.
只不过,普雷斯利先生,我们通常不…
It’s just that, Mr. Presley, we don’t usually-
哦,叫我艾维斯吧
Oh, Elvis.
艾维斯
Elvis, uh…
圣诞特辑不符合我们的风格
Christmas specials aren’t really our thing.
我知道
I know.
老实告诉我,你们认为 我的职业生涯已走到什么地步了?
Tell me, honestly… where do you boys think my career’s at right now?
嗯,这个…
Well, it’s…
处于非常糟糕的状态,艾维斯
It’s in the toilet, Elvis.
你听到了吗,杰瑞?
You hear that, Jerry?
天啊,我就知道你们是最佳人选
Oh, Lord. I knew you were the right guys for this job.
在我刚起步时,有些人想让我去坐牢
You know, back when I was starting out, some people wanted to put me in jail,
甚至想杀掉我,就因为我扭动的方式
even kill me, ’cause of the way I was moving.
他们于是剪短我的头发 让我穿上制♥服♥并把我送走
So they cut my hair, they put me in uniform and they sent me away.
这让我母亲伤心至死
That killed my mother.
而在那之后
And ever since then…
我就迷失了自我
I’ve been lost.
人一旦迷失了,就会被他人利用
And when you’re lost, people take advantage.
我需要你们帮我找回真实的自己
I need you fellas to help me get back to who I really am.
真实的你究竟是谁,艾维斯?
And who are you, Elvis?
我绝对不是在壁炉旁唱一小时圣诞歌♥曲
I sure as hell ain’t somebody who sings Christmas songs
的那个人
by a fireplace for an hour.
上校对此有什么看法?
And what does the Colonel think?
我才不在乎上校的看法
I don’t give a damn what the Colonel thinks.
好莱坞
电视台
为了这部电视特辑 我们找来了一个叫宾德的炙手可热导演
For this television special, we’ve got this Bindle fella, number one hotshot director.
艾维斯会配合演出一些他的新鲜想法
Elvis will be humoring him by doing a few of his fresh ideas.
啊,毛衣! 请送去普雷斯利先生的化妆间
Ah, the sweater! To Mr. Presley’s dressing room, please.
我们将穿上那件毛衣 唱三首壮观的圣诞颂歌♥
We are going to sing three spectacular Christmas songs in that very sweater.
当那个标志亮起时,你们要做些什么?
Now, when that sign lights up, what do you do?
鼓掌
Applause.
《寂静的夜晚》、《闪亮的圣诞节》
“Silent is the Night” and “Deck the Halls,”
还有《奇妙圣婴》
and, uh… “Whose Child Is This?”
我们能唱一些福音诗歌♥吗?
You think we can do some gospel?
如果想找回最初的自己 你要做的第一件事就是回家
Well, if you want to find yourself, first thing you do is go home.
这只是个比喻, 找回初衷,回归真实的你
Metaphorically, you know. Get back to who you really are.
那首提到小男孩打鼓的歌♥…
And what is the boy that-
哦,《小鼓手男孩》? -是的,《小鼓手男孩》
Oh, “The Little Drummer Boy”? – Yes, “The Little Drumming Boy.”
哦,那首唱着…
Oh, the… with the…
我们找回你之前的乐队

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!