弗农,他们正在调查你的背景
Vernon, they are poking into your background.
我们没有什么可耻的!我爸爸是个好人
We don’t have nothin’ to be ashamed of! Now, my daddy is a good man.
是的,但你♥爸♥爸确实坐过牢
Yes, yes. But your papa did go to jail.
你也知道媒体喜欢胡乱下标题
You know them, and their flashy headlines.
“逃避兵役者艾维斯” “全家都是罪犯”
“Elvis, The Draft Dodger.” “A Family of Delinquents.”
这里没有月亮…
There was no moon
我们可能永远都不能再演出或出♥售♥唱片
We may never book another date, or sell another record again.
在我看来,从军对我们所有人 来说也许是个新的开始
And my way of thinking, the army could be a brand new start for all of us.
让他们把你的头发剪短吧
Let them cut your hair.
向世界证明, 你是个干净利落的美国男孩
Prove to the world that you are a clean-cut, all-American boy.
安心服完两年兵役,我答应在你归来时
You do your two years, and when you come back, I promise you
我会尽我所能 让你成为好莱坞最大牌的演员
I will have done everything I can to make you the biggest actor in Hollywood.
你将挑选自己喜欢的电影
You will choose your own pictures.
一切都会没事的,妈妈
It’s gonna be okay, Mama. –
我把小龙虾先生从他的洞里拉出…
And I pulled Mr. Crawfish out of his hole
年轻的普雷斯利先生不再当摇滚歌♥手
Young Mr. Presley, a rock and roller no more.
查菲堡
1958年
他会在查菲堡进行六个月的基础训练
He’ll do six months’ basic training at Fort Chaffee
再前往德国
before shipping off to Germany.
从他出生那天起 她就害怕失去第二个儿子
Since the day he was born, she had feared losing her second son.
在他进行基础训练时
While he was in basic training…
她因为担心他而借酒消愁
she worried and drank…
越担心
Worried…
就喝得越多
and drank.
嘿,艾伯塔!
Hey… Alberta!
哦,不要
Oh, no…
不!
No!
外头有几位媒体记者
There are some fine folks from the press waiting outside.
他们问几个问题 再拍几张照片后就会离去
A few questions, pictures, and they will leave us alone.
我没法让他做任何事
I can’t get him to do anything.
他只信任她
He trusted her like nobody else,
现在她不在了,他还能信任谁?
and now she’s gone and who does he have now?
我想…
Well…
他是信任你的
He trusts you.
你能跟他谈一谈吗?
Can you talk to him?
哦,不行
Oh, no.
我没资格这么做
It’s not my place…
拜托你了,上校,我们很需要你的帮忙
Can you do it, Colonel? We need your help now.
你父亲正在尽他所能,但他不堪重负
Your daddy is doing the best he knows how, but he is overwhelmed.
他需要你
He needs your help out there.
我没法出去,我只想永远待在这里
I can’t go out there. I just wanna stay here forever.
哦,小子
Oh, my boy. –
没人能够取代她
No one could never replace her.
但你得听我说
But you listen to me.
从这一刻起,她会做的任何事
From this moment on, anything she would have done…
我将以她的名义代替执行
I will carry out, in her name.
你在国外时,我会留在家中
When you are overseas, I will stay here at home.
我会继续工作,继续为你操心
And I will work, and I will worry.
相信我
Trust me.
你现在得去陪伴你父亲
Now, you go and you stand by your papa.
你得安慰他
You comfort him.
安慰你的家人朋友,甚至是你的粉丝
Comfort your friends and your family, and even your fans. Hmm?
因为你如果不这么做
Because if you don’t do that…
你母亲为你做的一切牺牲就没有价值了
all that your mama has sacrificed for you will be for nothing.
无论发生什么事 你都会陪着我一同面对,对吗?
No matter what happens, you stay with me through thick and thin, okay?
你对我来说就像一个父亲
You’re like a… like a father to me.
我需要保护他
I needed to protect him.
甚至不让他伤害自己
Even from himself.
摇滚巨星是位孝子
我的计划是让艾维斯普雷斯利 以干净利落的美国男孩形象回归
My plan, Elvis Presley would return a clean-cut, all-American boy.
但是…
But…
德国
1959年
我没考虑到最危险的事
…I did not consider the most dangerous thing of all.
爱情
Love.
普莉希拉,一位美国空军军官 十几岁的漂亮女儿
Priscilla, the pretty teenage daughter of a United States Air Force officer.
他接着对我说
And then he said to me…
“普莉希拉,你得听我说,甜心
“You know what, Priscilla? You gotta listen to me, sweetie,
这家伙在世界各地都有女孩为他倾心
because this guy, he’s got girls all over the world, okay?
他家外面有大把女孩等着他
He’s got girls waiting outside of his house
还有女粉丝寄来不间断的仰慕信件”
and girls writing him endless fan mail.”
妈妈也跟着说
And then Mommy decides to pitch in and go,
“哦,他怎么会看上你?
“Ooh, what could he possibly see in you, okay?
你们两人整晚都在做些什么?”
What do you two do up there all night?”
我对他们说,“妈妈,爸爸 我们只是在谈天听音乐”
And I just said, “Mom, Dad… we talk and we listen to music, okay? That’s all.”
他们接着又提到你跟娜塔莉伍德
And then they were going on and on about that photo of you
在孟菲斯骑机车被拍到的那张照片
and Natalie Wood riding around on that bike in Memphis,
我是这么回答的
and… and then what I said…
我非常平静地说,“你们听我说
And I said this really calmly, I said, “Listen, okay?
他感到十分寂寞,说真的,我也是”
He’s just really lonely. And quite frankly, so am I.”
他们在那之后不知道该说些什么
And then they didn’t really know what to say after that,
我就上楼睡觉了
so I went upstairs and I went to bed.
我从来没有遇到过像你这样的人
Never met anyone like you.
我希望是的
Well, I hope not.
娜塔莉伍德是个怎么样的人?
So… what is Natalie Wood like?
她人很好,写信告诉我有关演戏的事
She’s nice, you know. She’s been writing me about acting.
我也问她跟詹姆斯迪恩合作的事
I’ve been asking her stories about… working with James Dean and…
我希望有天能跟他一样棒,知道吗?
God, I just hope to one day be as good as him, you know?
上校答应等我归来时
Colonel’s promised me that when I get back
他会安排我去好莱坞认真演戏
he’s gonna set me up in Hollywood to be a serious actor.
这是我梦寐以求的
That’s really what I dream of.
嘿,E.P.
Hey, E.P., E.P.,
你答应队长会在七点之前把她送回家
now, you promised the captain that you’d get her home by 7:00.
嘿,查理,你身后那是什么?
Hey, Charlie. What’s that behind you?
什么?没有…
What? No…
他休想对我发号♥施令
He don’t boss me around.
我认为你有梦想,就一定会达成
You know, I think if you dream it, you’ll do it.
你真的这么认为?
You do?
是的
Yeah.
普雷斯利
以胜利者姿态返回好莱坞
你不想再为电影献唱,对吗?
You no longer want to sing in your films,
你想当剧情片的演员
is that right? You want to be a dramatic actor.
对,先生,这是我现在的远大理想
Well, sir, that’s my big ambition now.
这需要很多时间和经验的累积
It takes a lot of time, a lot of experience.
他跟白兰度一样有天赋
He was as good as Brando.
《火焰之星》
艾维斯普雷斯利首部剧情片
但他不唱歌♥的电影没人看
But you didn’t want to see him in movies where he didn’t sing.
少一点对话,多一点动作
A little less conversation A little more action
这些恼怒不让我满意
All this aggravation Ain’t satisfactioning me
多亏有我,他的人生 变成了一部好莱坞大♥片♥!
Thanks to me, his life became one big Hollywood movie!
艾维斯的人生
演变成好莱坞电影
由普莉希拉主演…
Starring Priscilla…
明亮的城市将我的灵魂 将我的灵魂着火…
Bright light city gonna set my soul Gonna set my soul on fire
以及他的“好朋友”和“表兄弟”参演
And a cast of his “buddies” and “cousins.”
他的孟菲斯亲友团
His Memphis Mafia.
提高赌注吧
So get those stakes up higher
外头有上千个漂亮女人等着我
There’s a thousand pretty women Waitin’ out there
她们都过着漫不经心的人生
And they’re all livin’ The devil may care
而我是满怀爱意的恶魔
And I’m just the devil With love to spare, so
拉斯维加斯万岁…
Viva, Las Vegas
还有那场童话般的婚礼
There was that fairytale wedding.
乘坐着弗兰克辛纳屈的飞机度蜜月
And the honeymoon on Frank Sinatra’s jet.
也迎来了丽莎玛丽宝宝
And introducing Baby Lisa Marie.
我让他成为好莱坞历史上 收入最高的演员
I made him the highest paid actor in Hollywood history.
我们共渡了许多欢乐时光!
We had a lot of fun!
但艾维斯毕竟是个年轻人,他分心了
But Elvis was a young man, and of course, he got distracted.
我们于是开始生产 更省时省钱的电影
So we made them faster and cheaper.
披头士狂热席卷美国
Beatlemania sweeps America,
青少年都把注意力转向 十几岁的摇滚乐手
as teens turn their attention to the teenage rockers.
越南和平
世界变了是我的错吗?
Is it my fault the world changed?
各位晚上好,马丁路德金博士
Good evening. Dr. Martin Luther King,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!