你的动作有着黑人的风格
Your movement’s in the style of a Black man,
违反了种族隔离法
and you have broken the segregation laws.
我们按照计划吧,这是个很好的计划
So let’s follow the plan. It’s a good plan.
你以家庭节目的风格上艾伦秀
You do the Allen Show, family style,
我们明天回到孟菲斯
and then tomorrow we go back to Memphis and
在7月4日的 儿童慈善音乐会上愚弄大家
we snow them on the July 4th Children’s Charitable Concert.
接着把这整件不愉快的事抛在脑后
And we put this whole unfortunate misstep behind us.
你想进入政界吗?还是留在演艺界?
Now, do you want to go into politics? Or shall we stay in show business?
我们想做的是全家共享的节目 这是我们一直以来的宗旨
We want to do a show the whole family can watch and enjoy, and we always do.
而此时,我非常高兴为大家介绍
And at this time, it gives me extreme pleasure to introduce
全新的艾维斯普雷斯利!
the new Elvis Presley!
他之前很时髦
He used to be so hip.
他看上去好愚蠢
He looked so silly.
他看起来像个管家
I mean, he looked like a butler.
我不敢相信他同意对着一条狗唱歌♥
I can’t believe he agreed to sing to a dog.
该死的!
God damn it!
他应该事前警惕我们
He could’ve given us some warning.
我知道怎么演出短剧, 我本可以搞笑的!
I know how to do a skit, I could’ve made it funny!
这是我做过最愚蠢也羞耻的事
The most stupid, embarrassing, humiliating thing I ever did.
那你要我怎么做?
Well, what the hell do you want me to do about it?
我们是音乐人!
We’re musicians!
这太难堪了 -他以为自己是谁?
It’s just embarrassing. Who does he think he is?
我们要之前的艾维斯
还给我们之前的艾维斯!
别改变艾维斯!
她不停地说着那条该死的狗
She just went on and on about the damn dog.
我对她说,“邻居之间不该这么说”
And I said, “Neighbors shouldn’t speak like that.”
她接着对我说
And then she said…
我很喜欢狗狗的部分
I like the bit with the dog.
那是我人生中最尴尬的演出,爸爸
It was the most embarrassing performance of my life, Daddy.
她不是唯一说这话的人 所有的邻居都这么说
She wasn’t the only one who said it. All the neighbors did.
哦,天啊 -那些纽约人是在利用你
Oh, God. Those New York people were using you
来嘲笑所有南部的人
to poke fun at the whole South.
让一个乡巴佬穿着燕尾服对一条狗唱歌♥
Getting a laugh out of putting a hillbilly in a tailcoat and singing to a dog.
该死的,妈妈, 我不那么做就上不了节目
God damn it, Mama, it was either that or I get canceled.
我以后也别想再上电视了
Then that’s it for television.
上校说欢迎我的州没剩几个了
Colonel says I’m running out of states that I’m welcome in.
除非我能演出,否则他们就不付费
And they don’t pay unless I can perform.
上校说我得参加明晚的慈善音乐会
So Colonel says I play the charity concert tomorrow night,
以家庭节目的风格演出
as the new family style,
让大众消消气,我们就能回到正轨
then everybody calms down and we get back on track.
总得有人确保我们能三餐温饱
Someone’s got to think about keeping a roof over our heads.
三餐温饱?
Roof over our head?
我们一直以来都三餐温饱,弗农
We’ve always managed to keep a roof over our head, Vernon.
爸爸是业务经理,这是他的工作 -确实如此
Mama, Daddy is business manager. It’s his job. That’s right.
我们在那人出现前过得很好
We was doing just fine before that man came along.
我们能拥有这一切全都因为有上校
Colonel has got us all of this.
我才不要这一切!你很不开心!
I don’t want all this! You’re unhappy!
我没有不开心!
I am not! –
你迷失自我了,小傻瓜!
You’re losing yourself, Booby!
哦,该死的,妈妈,我…
Oh, hell, Mama, I-
萨宁都知道
Satnin knows.
你唱歌♥舞动的方式
The way you sing and move…
是上帝赐予你的
it’s God-given.
这怎么可能会是错的
So there can’t be nothing wrong with it.
他本应该去看电影的
Hey, I’m gonna ask cousin about the movie.
嘿,E.P.
Hey, E.P., E.P.!
我们今晚能包下电影院看哥斯拉吗?
Can we close down the movie house and watch Godzilla tonight?
别把泥土踩进屋里,比利!
Don’t tramp mud in the house, Billy!
但你说过我们可以去看电影! -给我滚出去!
But you said we could watch the movie!
快滚出我家! -你说过会带我们去的!
Get out! Get out of my goddamn house!
踩得我家到处是泥巴,烦死了
You said you’d take us! – Tramping mud in my house and doing my damn head in.
妈妈,你终是不开心
Mama, you ain’t never happy.
无论我做什么,或给予你多少
No matter what I do, no matter how much I give you,
永远都不足够
it ain’t never enough.
我也希望你别喝那么多酒
And, I wish you would not drink so goddamn much.
这对你的身体不好
It’s not good for you.
宝贝!
Baby!
把那放回棚子里! -艾维斯,等等!
Put that back in the shed! – Elvis, wait!
艾维斯,别这样!
Elvis! Elvis, come on! Elvis!
接下来是艾维斯普雷斯利
Here’s Elvis Presley.
不要新的艾维斯
我是威迪亚电台的鲁弗斯托马斯
This is Rufus Thomas here from WDIA.
B.B.金今夜将在汉迪俱乐部演出
You can catch B.B. King tonight at Club Handy,
同台的还有罗塞塔撒普
with Sister Rosetta Tharpe.
E.P.!
E.P.!
B.B.,嘿!
B.B.! Hey! – Get over here!
祝你有个愉快的夜晚
Have a good night.
谢谢
Thank you.
你好
Hello.
好的,谢谢
All right, all right. Thank you.
亲爱的,宝贝,甜蜜的
Wop, bop-a-loo-bop Ba-lop, bom, bom
我的小甜心,哦宝贝…
Tutti frutti, oh rooty Tutti frutti, oh rooty
我妈妈为了《猎犬》这首歌♥一直在念我
Got my mama going on about the “Hound Dog,”
上校又要我穿上燕尾服 每个人对我都有不同的要求
and the Colonel’s got me wearing tails, and everybody wants something different.
嘿,听我说
Hey, listen, man.
如果你难过并想要难过,你来对地方了
If you’re sad and you want to be sad, you’re at the right place.
如果你开心并想要开心,你猜怎么了?
If you’re happy and you want to be happy, guess what?
你来对地方了
You’re at the right place.
就当帮我个忙吧
So just do me a favor…
释放情绪
Let it all hang out.
无所顾忌的释放自己,E.P.!
Let it all hang out, E.P.!
释放自己,宝贝
Let it all hang out, baby. –
她向东摇摆,她向西摇摆
She rocks to the east She rocks to the west
但她是我最爱的女孩
But she’s the girl that I love best
我的小甜心,哦宝贝!
Tutti frutti, oh rooty, uh!
我的小甜心,哦宝贝
Tutti frutti, oh rooty, whoo!
我的小甜心,哦宝贝
Tutti frutti, oh rooty
亲爱的,宝贝,甜蜜的
Wop, bop-a-loo-bop-
哇,他真不赖!
Whoo! Man, he’s cuttin’ it!
罗塞塔撒普在 乔治亚州郊区发掘了这小子
Sister Rosetta found this kid in the backwaters of Georgia.
他们应该让上校安排他上艾伦秀
They should get the Colonel to book him on Steve Allen.
大家肯定会喜欢他的舞步
They would love his moves.
有个名叫黛西的女孩,她让我神魂颠倒
Got a girl named Daisy She almost drives me crazy
有个名叫黛西的女孩,她让我神魂颠倒
Got a girl named Daisy She almost drives me crazy
她懂得怎么爱我,是的 你不会知道她对我施的魔法
She knows how to love me Yes, indeed Boy, you don’t know What she do to me
我的小甜心,哦宝贝…
Tutti frutti, oh rooty
天啊,他唱得真入神! 我真想录制这首歌♥
Man, he sings the hell out of that song! I would love to record that.
你要是那么做,肯定能赚进 那小子梦寐以求的大笔收入
If you do, you’ll make a whole lot more money than that kid could ever dream of.
我的小甜心,哦宝贝
Tutti frutti, oh rooty
我在改过自新
I’m a-workin’ on the building
改过自新
Workin’ on the building
改造出全新的自己
It’s the new foundation
全新的自己
The new foundation
我将上天堂
I’m goin’ to heaven
上天堂
Goin’ to heaven
接受我的奖励
To get my reward
接受奖励
Get my reward
唱得真好
Ha-ha! That’s all right.
你今晚开的车挺拉风的
That’s a nice ride you rode up in tonight.
怎么比得上你的B.B.金大车子
It ain’t like your ol’ big B.B. King bus.
大红车
Big Red.
没错,我爱去哪就去哪 爱表演什么就什么
Yeah, well, I can go where I want, play what I want,
他们若是不喜欢,我大可以到别处
and if they don’t like it, I can go someplace else.
你得有操控权,兄弟
You’ve got to be in control, man.
你应该跟我一样,建立個人品牌
You should have your own label, like me.
你若不操控自己的事业,就等着被剥削
You don’t do the business, the business will do you.
我把一切都交由上校来处理
Man, I just leave all that to the Colonel.
这么说,全新的艾维斯是他的主意?
So it’s, um… It’s his idea, this new Elvis?
我真搞不懂
Listen, I don’t get it, man.
大家购买♥♥你的唱片是因为喜欢你的歌♥
Cats buy your records because they like what you do,
而不是因为你穿得像个管家
not because you’re dressed up like some… like some butler.