抱歉了
I’m sorry…
我想先祷告 你们介意吗
I’d like to say grace, if nobody objects.
当然不会 请吧
Of course not. Please do.
谢谢了
Thank you.
上帝保佑我们 谢谢恩赐的食物
Bless us, Lord, and bless this meal.
给饥饿的人面包
And provide bread to the needy.
阿门
Amen.
阿门 阿门
Amen. Amen.
要红酒吗 米歇尔
Wine, Michèle?
是的 谢谢
With pleasure.
帕特里克 你是做什么的
So, Patrick, what do you do?
我做银行业的
I work in banking.
我是个经纪人 我有罪
I’m a broker. And I plead guilty.
为什么呢
How come?
开玩笑呢 现在这工作不太受欢迎
Just joking. It’s not a popular profession right now.
从来都这样
It never was.
或许吧 各位
l guess not. Well.
祝圣诞快乐
To Christmas!
敬我们
And to us!
尤其是新加入我们的成员
Especially the newcomers to our table…
艾琳
lrène,
帕特里克
Patrick,
瑞贝卡
Rebecca.
拉尔夫
Ralf.
拉尔夫
Ralf.
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas!
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas!
米歇尔工作太劳累了
Michèle’s worked like a trooper.
的确是
Absolutely.
我很爱烹饪
I love cooking.
你什么时候去
When are you going?
我准备订
I’ll try to book the…
但是我们想选的时间 票很紧俏
But the period we want books up fast.
人们没有意识到艺术是需要培养的
People don’t realize the art muscle needs training.
否则文化就会坍塌 变得差劲
Or else culture collapses, goes flabby.
现在就这样 差劲的文化
That’s what we’ve got now. Flabby culture.
是在说我吗
Is that aimed at me?
曾经会追求
Originality or singularity
原创性和奇特性
used to be valued and sought after.
或者甚至是本身的结局 现在就是责任了
Or even an end in itself. Now it’s a liability.
理查德是个理论家
Richard’s a theorist.
我说的不是创新
I’m not talking about novelty.
还创新 都是胡扯的
Coming out of our ass, novelty!
晚餐的美好景象
Delightful image at dinner.
灵感是什么百分之八十的努力工作
Anyway, what’s inspiration? 80% hard work.
有的人根本不知道要努力工作
Some people know nothing of hard work.
他们文化里就没有这个
It’s not in their culture.
我们知道你在说谁
We know who you mean.
我什么也没说
I didn’t say a word.
不 我觉得 每个人都不同 我爱每个人
Everybody’s different. I love everyone.
我们都是上帝的孩子
We’re all children of God!
对 非洲人吃山羊内脏 他们不同
Yeah, Africans eat goat’s innards. They’re different.
没错
Exactly.
我去了肯尼亚旅行 非常棒
I went on safari in Kenya. It was great.
是的 就是的
Right, there you go.
我觉得现在说很合适
I think now is a good time.
我有个事要宣布
I have an announcement to make.
拉尔夫和我订婚了
Ralf and I are engaged to be married.
对不起
Sorry.
你怎么这么奇怪
How do you manage to be so grotesque?
你没意识到吗
Don’t you realize?
希望大家都喜欢蓝萄
I hope everyone likes blueberries.
乔西比食谱要求的多加了好多蓝薄
Josie added a ton to the official recipe.
我想创新一下 所以多加了蓝荀
I was feeling creative, so I added blueberries.
看上去不错
Looks good to me.
快半夜了 你介意我放弥撒吗
It’s almost midnight. Do you mind if I put on the Mass?
完全不介意
On the contrary.
你们要走了吗
You’re leaving?
聚会很棒 真的
It was wonderful. Really.
下次我们来办 你来参加
Next time, our turn. You’ll come to us.
咱们别急
Let’s not rush things.
让我们来
Leave it to us.
米歇尔和我先一起吃午饭
We’ll have lunch first, Michèle and I.
就我们两个人
Just the two of us.
一点点来
One step at a time.
我同意 好主意
I agree, excellent idea.
晚安
Goodnight.
晚安
Great.
再见 再见
See you! See you!
再见
See you, ‘night!
和银行小子调情 那是考验吗
Flirting with the banker, was that a test?
你在我家还胡闹 都到这个程度了吗
You’re making a scene in my home? It’s come to that?
我们再聊 做点有用的事
We’ll talk later. Make yourself useful.
灾难
Disaster!
那是两个两字词 一个两字词
That’s two double words. One double word.
我比你的大
I can top that.
旅途
Journey!
六十四 等等 我来
6♥4♥. Hold on, I’ve got it.
不,那是七十
No, that’s 70.
七十 你看
70, you see.
怪我
My bad.
女士们 不用了 谢谢了
Ladies… No, thanks.
确定吗 是的
Sure? Really.
诅咒他吧 见鬼去吧
Curse him! Damn him!
合上书 按响铃 吹灭蜡烛
Close the book, ring the bell, blow out the candle.
那是什么
What’s that?
还说自己是天主教♥徒♥
Call yourself a Catholic?
都不知道逐出教会的仪式
You don’t know the excommunication rite?
你知道
And you do?
我听说过
I’ve heard about it.
在我去学校之前 我的父亲
My father made the sign of the cross on me,
给我做十字的手势
before I left for school.
他给所有本地的孩子都做
He did it to all the local kids
直到后来有些家长不愿意了
until some parents asked him to stop.
听起来很合理啊
Sounds reasonable.
显然 我的父亲被冒犯到了
Apparently, my father was offended.
那一晚 他出去走
That night. he made the rounds.
挨家挨户敲别人家的门
Knocked on every door,
走进街上的每一家
went into every house on the street
带着一把猎枪 一个屠夫棒
with a shotgun, a butcher’s mallet
还有两把厨刀
and a pair of kitchen knives.
对 我听说过
Yes, I heard about that.
你只听说二十七个人类受害者 没说动物
You heard about the 27 human victims, not about the animals.
没有提到动物
They never get a mention.
还有六只狗
6 dogs,
几只猫
a couple of cats, too.
不知道为什么 他饶了一只仓鼠
For whatever reason, he spared a hamster.
这事你不能瞎编
You couldn’t make it up.
他回来的时候我在做功课
I was doing my homework when he arrived home
他浑身全是血
with blood all over him.
我妈妈当时在工作
My mother was at work.
她那时是个护士
She was a nurse back then.
你能想到吗 我妈妈是个护士
Can you imagine my mother. a nurse?
很滑稽吧
Funny, isn’t it?
我们没必要谈这个
We don’t have to go over it.
我不介意 说出来让我感觉好一些
I don’t mind. It does me good to talk.
他决定把屋子里所有的东西都烧了
He decided to burn everything in the house.
我帮忙点了火
I helped feed the fire.
我们把所有的都烧了 窗帘 地毯
We gutted the place. Curtains, carpets…
桌子 椅子
Tables, chairs…