召回
欢迎归来 伙计们
Welcome back, boys.
有人曾说过
As somebody once said…
这两样东西有着天壤之别 失败
there’s a difference between a failure…
和惨败
anda fiasco.
小心脑袋
Watch your head.
我很好
I’m fine.
失败只不过是因为成功没有露面
A failure is simply the non-presence of success.
伊丽莎白镇
任何傻瓜都会失败
Any fool can accomplish failure.
我很好
I’m fine.
我很好
I’m fine.
他来这里干什么
What the hell’s he doing here?
但是惨败
But a fiasco…
惨败是带有神话色彩的灾难
A fiasco is a disaster of mythic proportions.
惨败是讲给别人听的故事
A fiasco is a folktale told to others…
让他人暗自庆幸
that makes other people feel more alive…
因为灾难没落在他头上
because it didn’t happen to them.
我很好
I’m fine.
我很好
I’m fine.
我带你去见菲尔 免得你迷路
I’ll take you to Phil so you don’t get lost.
麦克力全球制鞋公♥司♥ 实际上就是菲尔
Mercury Worldwide Shoes, which is actually Phil…
收藏了一些美国最优秀的画家的杰作
contains some of America’s finest artists’masterworks…
只有那些赶赴重要会面的人才能见到
seen only by people heading for very important meetings…
或是因为升职
a promotion…
或者相反
or otherwise.
我们不仅是员工 菲尔曾经说过
We are notjust employees, as Phil once said.
我们更是创造伟大的精英
We are denizens of greatness.
菲尔说 世上很多人功成名就靠的是负面的手段
Phil says, The world is full of those who achieve through negativity…
或偷窃
or theft.
我们成功靠的是独创的想法
We succeed through original thought.
鞋不只是鞋
A shoe is notjust a shoe.
它把我们与大地相连
It connects us to the Earth.
好鞋子可以带着我们走四方
The right shoe can transport us…
让我们相信我们可以做得更好
make us believe we are capable of more.
但是要实现伟大的目标需要牺牲
But there are sacrifices for a goal like pure greatness.
比如生日或是去年圣诞和我家人团聚的机会
Like birthdays or last Christmas with my family.
因我们的主基♥督♥ 阿们
through Christ our Lord. Amen.
开吃吧 别取笑我的厨艺
Dig in. And no making fun of my cooking.
-这一定是家里做的 -爸爸
-This must be homemade. -Oh, Dad.
然而我们在麦克力有时会庆祝一些古怪的东西
Though we sometimes celebrate odd things at Mercury…
比如意大利人发明橡胶的日子
like the day the ltalians invented rubber.
当然橡胶并不是他们发明的 不过这是别话
Which they didn’t, of course. But that’s beside the point.
德鲁到底在哪里
Where exactly is Drew, anyway?
我们为鞋子上带来了魔力
We’ve contained magic in a shoe!
它应该让人有一种踩着云彩行走的感觉
It was meant to approximate walking on a cloud.
如果你需要什么东西的话
Hey, ifyou ever need anything around here…
我愿意效劳
I’m your girl.
任何真正学鞋类功能设计的人
Any true student of functional shoe design…
都是菲尔本人的学生
is also a student of Phil himself.
他是位大♥师♥
He is a master.
而菲尔对人们的需求的天生敏锐
And Phil’s innate wisdom of what people want and need…
在此之前从未失败过
has never failed to date.
我很好
I’m fine.
他还非常着迷数字2
He’s also obsessed with the number two.
这是菲尔珍爱的诺曼 ·洛克威尔的两幅作品
These are Phil’s prized two Norman Rockwells.
这两幅画曾经挂在肯尼迪的
The pair ofpaintings that once hung outside the White House office…
白宫办公室外
of John F. Kennedy.
对了 这两扇珍贵的门
And yes, the two treasured doors…
是菲尔在突尼斯度假时从一所教堂买♥♥来的
Phil once purchased from a church on vacation in Tunisia…
并且运送回来 那数目说出来都吓人
and had sent back home for a total cost too enormous to mention.
七十六万两千美元
$762, O00.
每一扇
Each.
再等两分钟 我就可以让你进去了
Just two more minutes and I can send you in.
因为我们现在有点时间
Because we have a moment here…
让我来告诉你 我最近私底下已经成了
let me tell you that I have recently become a secret connoisseur…
告别目光的鉴赏家
of last looks.
你知道最后一次见你时人们的那种目光吗
You know the way people look at you when they believe it’s for the last time?
我开始收集这些目光
I’ve started collecting these looks and…
好了 他可以见你了
Okay, he’s ready for you.
眼下就有这样的目光
There’s one right now.
你好吗 德鲁
How are you, Drew?
我真想从那架直升机的窗口跳出去
I wanted to jump out ofthe window ofthat helicopter…
散落在那些树上 真的
and just splatter on the trees, to tell you the truth.
别这样
Don’t do that.
不就是钱吗
It’s only money.
美国人的心理一片混乱 德鲁 而我们失策了
The American psyche is in turmoil, Drew, and we have miscalculated.
对不起
I’m sorry.
对这种情况我没有制订过规定
I have no rulebook for this situation.
他们告诉我说我们将要损失
They tell me that we are about to lose 972…
9亿7千2百万
million dollars.
我
I am…
对于失败没有准备
ill-equipped in the philosophies of failure.
跟我来 德鲁
Walk with me, Drew.
我的篮球队
My basketball team.
他们还不知道呢
They don’t even know yet.
我的全球环境监测计划要泡汤了
My Global Environmental Watchdog project will have to go.
都是好人哪
Sweet people.
我们原本可以拯救地球
We could have saved the planet…
但是
but…
我要怎么跟你说 才能让9亿7千2百万的概念
How do I make the concept of$972,000,000…
对你更形象
more real to you?
那是一个中等国家的
It’s the operating budget of a midsize country…
一个小型文明的运作预算
a small civilization.
大数目
It’s big!
这么大的数目
It’s so big…
差一点就是十亿美元了
you could round it off to a billion dollars.
我最近哭了很多次
I cry a lot lately.
对全球未来的承诺
The promise of a global future…
给毁了 就因为一只极富创造力的鞋子 你的设计
pinned to a groundbreaking shoe, your design…
新型材料 本周隆重上市的
with a new form of material, launched this week to great fanfare.
可现在 面对潮水般涌来的嘲笑
And now, meeting a growing international roar of laughter…
和退货
and rejection.
以至于我收到了这样的条子
Enough to cause this memo…
DCS公♥司♥的CEO 杰弗里·巴洛写来的
from Jeffrey Barlow, CEO of DCS.
这一曾经倍受期待的产品
This once highly-anticipated product…
可能会让整一代人重新开始赤脚
may actually cause an entire generation to return to bare feet.
我们将会
We are about to enter…
一落千丈
a free-fall plunge.
你现在听到的声音就是我们轰然撞墙的声音
And the sound you hear is the sound of shit hitting the fan.
在全世界范围内
Globally.
你听到了吗
You hear it?
我真希望我能做点什么
I wish there was something I could do.
真的有
Actually, there is.
楼下一个房♥间里有一位来自今日全球商业的记者
In a room downstairs is a reporter from Global Business Today.
我们需要让他明白
We need to make him understand…
我们是从我们的全国奖学金计划中聘请的你
we hired you from our National Scholarship Program.
我们对你的才华给予了支持和投资
We supported, invested in your brilliance.
这是一次很有创新的努力
This was a very creative endeavor…
我想你应该站出来
and I think you should stand up…
为你的惊人成就负责
for your incredible work.
你没问题吧
You okay?
我
I’m…
这有点像比别人都先知道飞机将要坠地 对吗
It’s a little bit like knowing the plane’s going down before anyone else, isn’t it?
-这要发行多久 一周 -一周
-When does this run, a week? -A week.
周日傍晚发行 各报摊都会有
Come Sunday evening, it’ll be on the stands.
最后还要说点什么吗
Any last words?
在那一刻 我知道了
And in that moment, I knew.
我知道我们是在最后时刻聘用了你 不过
I know we hired you at the last minute but…
成功
Success…
成功 而不是伟大
Success, not greatness…