Welcome aboard.
女王陛下想见你
The Queen wishes to see you.
她要我来确认你…
She asks me to assure you…
贝丝 我不需要任何确认
I need no assurances, Bess.
我不是她的属下 永远也不是
I’m no courtier. Never have been.
那你应该亲自和她说
Then you should say so in person.
贝丝 这是我的生活
This is my life, Bess.
我属于这儿
This is where I belong.
看上去是孤独的生活
It seems to be a lonely life.
有时候是 但这是我的选择
Sometimes. But it’s the life I’ve chosen.
我了解
I understand.
你要求离开这里
You ask permission to go.
是的 女王陛下
Yes, Majesty.
你要回到你的殖民地
You plan to return to your colony
二年 可能三年 四年
for two, maybe three, four years.
如果女王陛下能准许
If Your Majesty grants me your royal warrant.
太久了
That is a long time.
我在这里什么也没有
There’s nothing for me here.
在海上我知道该做什么 我知道那些风险
At sea, I know what I’m to do. I know the risks.
这儿… 不 你错了
Here… No. You’re wrong.
这里需要你
You’re needed here.
做我的贴身护卫统帅
As captain of my personal guard.
你的护卫统帅?
Captain of your guard?
跪下
Kneel.
女王陛下
Majesty.
我说了 跪下
I said, kneel.
沃尔特 劳利先生
Sir Walter Raleigh.
你可以谢恩了
Well, you may express your gratitude.
这个恩典太大了
This is too great an honor.
既然如此 你为什么盯着我的靴子呢?
If it’s so great an honor, why are you staring at your boots?
你知道为什么
You know why.
现在你又看着墙
Now you stare at the wall.
我很可怕吗 你为什么不能看着我的脸?
Am I so hideous you can’t even look me in the face?
为什么你不是傻子
Why do you speak like a fool
却要象傻子一样说话呢?
when you are anything but a fool?
傻子?
Fool?
是的 我是一个自负愚蠢的女人
Yes, I am a vain and foolish woman.
而你 你…来到这里
And you, you… You come here
就像来自不同的时代 而我已经…
as if from another time. And I’ve…
你勇于冒险 去地图之外的地方 我会…
You have real adventures. You go where the maps end. And I’d…
如果可能 我会跟着你去那些地方 真的
I would follow you there if I could. Believe me.
暴风雨即将来临 这里需要你
The storm clouds are gathering. You are needed here.
你不能离开英格兰
You cannot leave England.
“凡要救自己的生命必丧失生命
“For he that will save his life will lose it.
凡为我丧失生命的必得到生命”
“And he that will lose his life for my sake shall find it.”
直到末日来临 主会与我们同在
Lord be with us as the end approaches.
我们不畏惧死亡的来临
We will not fear the coming of the shadow of death.
对不起 我并不想要打扰你
Sorry, I didn’t mean to disturb you.
我以为我在无声的祷告
I thought I prayed in silence.
是的
You did.
先生 对不起 我必须去女王陛下那儿去了
Excuse me, sir. I must go to the Queen.
今天处死的那个人…
The man who was hanged today…
他是你的表哥
He was your cousin.
是的
Yes.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
最后一次我见到他
The last time I saw him,
他要我帮他
he needed my help.
但我什么也没做
I did nothing.
你能做什么呢?
What could you have done?
我不知道
I don’t know.
现在他死了
Now he’s dead.
他的脸 他的眼 不断出现在我面前
I keep seeing his face. I keep seeing his eyes.
相信我你什么也做不了 不可能…
Believe me, there’s nothing that you could have done that would have spared him.
我很害怕
I’m so afraid.
贝丝 我们只是普通人
We’re all human, Bess.
只能做我们能做的事情
We do what we can.
我们发现洗衣女工通过脏衣服传送信件
Your laundress was found to be carrying letters in her washing.
我想 这不是她的意愿吧
Not her job, I think.
那我要怎样传送私密信件呢?
How am I to send my intimate letters?
通过我 你会先看它们
Through me. And you will read them.
我会非常恭敬的看的
With respectful admiration.
我不能有隐私吗?
Am I to have no privacy?
不能
No.
你让我很失望
You disappoint me, sir.
这是女王为了要保护你下的命令
The Queen orders these measures for your protection.
女王?
The Queen?
我是女王
I am a queen.
他们叫她贞洁女王
They call her the Virgin Queen.
为什么?
Why is that, sir?
是因为没有男人想要她吗?
Can it be that no man will have her?
让他把你抛起来
Let him throw you round.
勇敢点 你可以信任他
Be bold. Come on, you can trust him.
跳跃
And jump.
我这样弯下来 你向上跳跃
When I bend like this, you take a leap into the air.
Volta舞
The Volta.
我要所有的女士都学会它
I require all my ladies to learn it.
你看贝丝多么的勇敢?
You see how fearless Bess is?
你喜欢所有人 听从你的命令
You like your ladies to jump at your command.
你觉得有错吗?
Do you think that wrong?
没有 你是女王陛下 大家都应该听你的
No. You are the Queen. You are to be obeyed.
实话告诉你
To tell you the truth,
我已经很讨厌永远掌控着一切
I’m very, very tired of always being in control.
胡说八道
Nonsense.
什么?
What?
你与生俱来的控制欲
You eat and drink control.
真的吗?
Is that so?
贝丝
Bess.
你应该和沃尔特先生跳一曲
You should try a dance with Sir Walter.
他想展示他的技巧给大家
He’s eager to show us his skill.
女王陛下 我没有技巧 我不会舞步
No skill at all, Majesty. I don’t know the steps.
现在过来
Come now.
你这样站着
You stand like this,
手放在这里
with your hands here.
她在第五步
And when she jumps,
向上跳跃的时候
on the fifth step,
举起她
you lift her.
很简单吧?
What could be simpler?
准备好 沃尔特先生
Take your position, Sir Walter.
我的话不能不听
I am to be obeyed.
如您所愿
As Your Majesty wishes.
撑住了 我不希望她摔倒
Hold her firmly. I don’t want her dropped.
音乐
Play.
数六下
Six counts.
一 二 三 举起 放下
One, two, three, and lift, down.
别打扰我们
Leave us.
我想看他们跳舞
I want both of them left alone.
夫人
Madam.
我必须要回信
I must reply.
“无论领土内外
“If our forces are in readiness,
一旦军队准备完毕
“both within and without the realm,
女王命令你们发动进攻”
“then your Queen commands you to set the gentlemen to work.”
我想我们可以开始了
I think we have it.
是的
Yes.
让我们开始完成上帝的旨意
Let God’s work begin.
你去哪里了?
Where have you been?
我去见了几个老朋友
I met up with some old friends.
应该是巴黎的朋友了
From Paris, no doubt.
已经几天没见你了
We haven’t seen you for days.

Yes.
现在你回来了
Now you’re back.
你知道吗 我一直记得你出生的那天

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!