to take a blank on the map and build there a shining city.
毋庸置疑 你会以你的名字命名这座城市
Which you will no doubt name after yourself.
确实如此
No doubt.
我能问你个问题吗?
May I ask a question in return?
当然可以
Of course.
我怎样能赢得女王的欢心?
How am I to win the Queen’s favor?
为什么我要告诉你?
Why should I tell you that?
我能给的不多
I’ve little enough to offer, but whatever I have to give,
但是只要你想要 就是你的了
ask, and it’s yours.
清楚明了的告诉女王 你想要说的话
Say what you mean to say as plainly as possible.
所有的人都在奉承女王 希望得到晋升
All men flatter the Queen in hope of advancement.
用真话去奉承她
Pay her the compliment of truth.
我还不知道你的名字
I don’t even know your name.
伊丽莎白 索克莫顿
Elizabeth Throckmorton.
又是伊丽莎白?
A second Elizabeth?
大家都叫我贝丝
Everyone calls me Bess.
尊贵的女王殿下 您是天上闪亮的行星
Your most serene Majesty, bright star of our firmament,
我们给您带来了 神圣星球的假面剧
we present our humble masque of the heavenly spheres.
殿下长途跋涉 一定幸苦了
His Highness is tired after his long journey.
没有人会在
No man can become tired
敬爱的女王陛下前感到疲倦
in the presence of so lovely a queen.
你这个游戏玩的很好 我年轻的朋友
但是你有时候不觉得有种强烈的欲望
说出你真正想说的东西么?
我甚至不敢想我真正想的东西
你正在想的或许是
你非常想回家
您非常聪明 女王陛下
殿下大人认为他已经完全 臣服在我的魅力之中
His Highness, the Archduke informs me that my charms overwhelm him.
现在他将回房♥间稍作休息
He will retire to his private chambers to rest.
我不想他因为你的计划而受到伤害
I don’t want him hurt by your schemes.
那我们接下来怎么办?
So how should we proceed?
或许大家都退下
Perhaps we should all retire.
我怀疑他是职业提亲的
I suspect him of being a professional charmer.
我说的对吗?
Am I right?
女王 他确实很有魅力
He is certainly charming, my lady.
也有人就是让人觉得很无趣
Well, there are duller professions.
你喜欢他 对吗?
You like him, don’t you?
他的生活与宫廷里的完全不同
He’s a man that lives in a world far beyond the court.
很新鲜的感觉
It’s refreshing.
好的
Well.
我们可以让他再来一次
We shall let him come again.
蓝色
Blue.
你能够想象穿越海洋是怎么样的感觉吗?
Can you imagine what it is to cross an ocean?
很长时间 你能看到的只有地平线 虚无缥缈
For weeks, you see nothing but the horizon, perfect and empty.
你生活在恐惧中
You live in the grip of fear.
害怕暴风雨
Fear of storms.
害怕船上眩晕的感觉
Fear of sickness on board.
害怕无边无际
Fear of the immensity.
你必须抑制住你的恐惧
So you must drive that fear down deep into your belly.
研究海图
Study your charts.
观察指南针
Watch your compass.
祈求顺风
Pray for a fair wind.
还要抱有希望
And hope,
纯粹
pure,
直白
naked,
渺茫的
fragile
希望
hope.
女王陛下 大公和大臣们正等着
Majesty, the Archduke and court are waiting.
让他们等着
Let them wait.
你继续 劳利先生
Go on, Mr. Raleigh.
你们正在期盼
You were hoping.
最初 不过是海平线上 出现一丝薄雾
At first, it’s no more than a haze on the horizon.
所以你注视着
So you watch.
不断注视着
You watch.
接着是熏烟
Then it’s a smudge,
远处海面出现阴影
a shadow on the far water.
一天
For a day.
又一天
For another day.
阴影沿海平面逐渐散开来
The stain slowly spreads along the horizon taking form,
到第三天 你终于确信
until on the third day, you let yourself believe.
你可以大胆的说出这个词
You dare to whisper the word.
陆地
Land.
陆地
Land.
生命
Life.
复苏
Resurrection.
真正的冒险
The true adventure.
来自浩瀚无边无穷无尽的
Coming out of the vast unknown,
未知中
out of the immensity,
从中找到新的生命
into new life.
那
That,
就是新大♥陆♥ 女王陛下
Your Majesty, is the New World.
我喜欢你的无穷无尽
I like your immensities.
我想 你的海洋 就像是永恒
Your ocean is an image of eternity, I think.
浩瀚宇宙让我们变得渺小
Such great spaces make us small.
劳利先生 是我们发现了新大♥陆♥
Do we discover the New World, Mr. Raleigh,
还是新大♥陆♥ 发现了我们?
or does the New World discover us?
你像一个真正的探险家
You speak like a true explorer.
劳利先生 我喜欢你
I like you, Mr. Raleigh.
我也喜欢你
And I like you.
你要知道 当我喜欢一个人 我会赐他奖赏
You know, of course, that when I like a man, I reward him.
我听说过
I have heard that.
你想要什么呢?
And what have you to say about it?
奖赏我的使命吧 陛下 我不用了
Reward my mission, Majesty, not me.
使命不是人吧?
Is the mission not the man?
那就让我也能喜欢您
Then you leave me free to like you in return.
继续说
Go on.
我想一个女王
I think it must be hard for so great a queen
很难感到简单的被喜欢着的感觉
to know the simple pleasure of being liked for herself.
现在你变得无趣了
Now you grow dull.
快点!
Come on!
我先到
Mine.
你的马要更壮
You have the stronger horse.
你要轻很多
Yours carries the lighter load.
不对
No.
女王不会让步的
The Queen does not give way to others.
哇! 哇!
Whoa! Whoa!
女王陛下 宽恕我 我的马好像还不清楚它的处境
Forgive me, Majesty. My horse doesn’t seem to know his place yet.
你清楚你的处境吗 劳利先生?
Have you ever known your place, Mr. Raleigh?
快跟上来!
Oh, come on!
她来信了
It’s from her.
玛丽 斯图尔特是我们计划的核心
Mary Stuart is the heart and soul of our enterprise.
确保让她并且只有她看到这个
Make sure she and only she reads this.
我们等着她下命令
We wait for her order.
一定要给出明确的命令
The order must be given clearly.
夫人 狱卒来了
The jailer, madam.
尊贵的狱卒
My noble jailer.
我祷告也会对英格兰造成威胁吗?
Am I a danger to England even when I pray?
夫人 我们关心的一直是您的安全
As always, ma’am, my concern is for your safety.
我为我的表姐伊丽莎白祈祷
I pray for my cousin Elizabeth.
你认为她会为我祈祷吗?
Do you think she prays for me?
是真的吗?
Is it true
我从来不知道被人简单喜爱着的感觉
that I’ve never known the pleasure of being liked for myself?
女王 我希望您相信 我一直爱着您
I hope you believe I like you for yourself, my lady.
有人会简单的相爱吗? 我很怀疑
Is anyone ever liked simply for themselves? I doubt it.
你会吗?
Are you?
男人喜欢你 因为你漂亮
Men like you because you’re pretty,
并且你是女王的亲信
and because you have the ear of the Queen.
的确如此
No doubt.
他也是
Him, too.
他喜欢你 因为他想得到我的宠信
He likes you because he wants my favor.
你要记住这些
You do realize that.
知道了 女王陛下
Yes, my lady.
当然还有另外一件事
And the other thing, too, of course.