谢谢 谢谢
Oh, thank you. Thank you!
你外婆怎么样
How’s she been, your gran?
有时清醒 有时糊涂
Some days are good. Other days a bit confused.
妈妈说我们最好坚持常规
Mum says we have to stick to a routine
免得她紧张焦虑
so she doesn’t get anxious.
她过去常常带我们来这儿
She used to bring us here, you know.
不要太靠近水边 莫蒂
Don’t go too near the water, Maudie!
莫蒂 我跟你说什么来着
Maudie, what did I tell you?
我看见她了
I saw her!
妈妈 你还好吗
Mum, are you OK?
哎呦 我鞋里进了点水
Oh, er, I just got some water in my shoes.
妈妈要训你了
Mum’s going to kill you!
只是一点水
It’s only a bit of water.
我以前认识这个女人
I knew this woman once.
她说苏姬让她想起死于闪电战中的女儿
Sukey reminded her of her daughter who was killed in the Blitz.
她总是到处跟着我们 乱喊乱叫
She used to follow us everywhere, shouting rubbish.
我很不喜欢
I didn’t like it.
可以想象
I can imagine.
走吧 我们送你回家
Come on, then, let’s get you home.
不 我才不想回家
No, I don’t want to go home!
我好久没出来了
I never get out.
你妹妹天天把我关在家里
Your sister keeps me cooped up.
外婆 话可不能这么说
Gran, that’s not fair.
这是实话
It’s the truth.
我想去见我的朋友 但她不让
I want to visit my friend, but she won’t let me.
她觉得我是负担
She thinks I’m a burden.
有一次我从门厅镜子里看见她
I’ve seen her in the hall mirror.
假装要掐死我
Pretending to strangle me.
这不是玩笑话
It’s not funny!
我好久没看见伊丽莎白了
I haven’t seen Elizabeth in ages,
我很担心 没人会不担心
and I’m worried. Anybody would be.
你现在想去看她吗
Do you want to go and see her now?
你妈妈不需要知道
Your mum doesn’t need to know.
进城我就下车 我不想当共犯
Drop me in town and then I can’t be an accomplice.
你真是我的好儿子
Oh, you are such a good boy!
我就知道你会帮我
I knew you’d help me!
这是她住的地方吗
Is this where she lives?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我去找找方向
Oh, let me get my bearings.
我看了就知道是不是
I’ll know it when I see it.
没关系 慢慢找
It’s OK. Take your time.
我们是最好的朋友
We’re best friends, you know.
你们当然是
I’m sure you are.
我们是在救世军商店认识的
We met at the Sally Army shop.
她请我喝了杯茶
She asked me for tea.
她就住在新房♥子里
She lives in the new houses.
你知道是哪条街吗
Do you know what street?
我知道就在附近
I know it’s near here.
这样吧 妈吗 我们现在离家不远
Do you know what, Mum? We’re not that far from yours now.
不如先回去吧 你可以给她打电♥话♥
You might as well go home. You can always ring her
或者明天再来找她
or go and see her tomorrow.
-海伦不会同意的 -她当然会
– If Helen would let me! – Oh, she will.
我会和她谈谈 告诉她那会让你难过
I’ll have a word with her and tell her it’s upsetting you.
-来吧 我们上车吧 -好
– Come on, let’s get back in the car. – Oh, good!
这主意不错
That’s a very good idea.
我可以明天再找伊丽莎白
I can look for Elizabeth tomorrow.
快点
Well, hurry up!
我现在得回家了
I’ve got to get back home now.
-拜拜 妈妈 -拜拜
– Cheerio, Mum. – Cheerio!
快开 快开
Oh, come on. Come on!
这是丝绸
This is silk.
我要怎么洗
How do I wash it?
冷水洗 我猜
Cold water, I expect.
哈喽
Hello!
是我来了 苏姬呢
Only me. Is, er, Sukey here?
她不是和你在一起吗
Isn’t she with you?
我刚从伦敦回来 她怎么会和我在一起
I’ve been in London. Why would she be with me?
那她去哪儿了
So where is she, then?
跑了
Gone.
-跑了 -别这么说
– Gone? – Don’t say that!
-别这么说 -警♥察♥找到了她的行李箱 莫蒂
– Don’t say it! – The police found her suitcase, Maudie.
扔在了铁路边
Dumped on a railway line.
这不能说明什么 莫蒂
That don’t mean anything, Maudie.
这只能说明 她把行李箱弄丢了
She’s lost her suitcase. That’s all that means.
你邻居看见她从家里尖叫着跑出去
Your neighbour saw her running out of the house, screaming.
-什么时候 -两周前的周四
– When? – A fortnight past Thursday.
那是怎么回事 弗兰克
What’s that about, Frank?
我不知道 她没跟我说过
Well, I don’t know. She never told me. I…
我不在家
I wasn’t there.
你刚刚那是什么意思
What are you getting at?
你非要找个人问
Well, if you want to ask anyone,
你还不如问问你的房♥客
why don’t you ask your lodger?
是不是 他天天晃来晃去
Eh? He was always hanging around.
背着我带她去跳舞
Taking her dancing behind my back.
你什么意思 跳什么舞
What do you mean, dancing?
他们之间有什么吗
Was there something going on with ’em?
有吗
Was there?
我怎么知道
How would I know?
真有什么她会跟我说吗
She wouldn’t tell me if there was, would she?
苏姬
Sukey!
苏姬
Sukey!
苏姬
Sukey!
苏姬
Sukey!
需要帮忙吗 妈妈
Do you need some help, Mum?
需要
Yes, I do.
我不知道伊丽莎白去哪儿了
I don’t know where Elizabeth is,
我要找到她
and I need help to find her.
这里过去是家小餐馆 妈妈
This used to be the chophouse, Mum.
爸爸以前常带你来的 记得吗
Dad used to bring you here, remember?
那就别想了 点东西吃吧
Well, come on, then, choose some food.
“西班牙腊肉西葫芦”
“Chorizo-stuffed marrows.”
现在还有人种西葫芦吗
Do people still grow marrows?
我小时候还有人种
I know when I was young, they did.
他们通常在新房♥子的院里种
They used to grow them at the new houses.
就是伊丽莎白住的那种
That’s where Elizabeth lives.
要是她被袭击了怎么办 被绑♥架♥了
What if she’s been attacked? Or kidnapped?
我却不知道
I wouldn’t know.
要两份花菜浓汤
We’ll have two cauliflower soups,
一份煎安康鱼
one pan-seared monkfish,
还有鱼饼 和一个素汉堡
the fishcakes, and a veggie burger?
谢谢
Thanks.
-谢谢 -出事通知家人 却不通知朋友
– Thank you! – Families are told, but not friends.
我就是不明白
I don’t understand it.
因为他们是一家人
Just because you’re in a family
也不代表他们相亲相爱啊
doesn’t mean to say you like each other.
这不好笑 如果她真出了什么事
It won’t be funny if something bad has happened to her.
你会后悔的
You’ll be sorry then.
你会庆幸我提醒你了
You’ll be glad I warned you.
对不起 外婆
I’m sorry, Gran.
为什么你会觉得她出事了
Why do you think something bad’s happened to her?
她连眼镜都没戴
She hasn’t got her glasses!
凯蒂
Katy!
对不起
Sorry.
我知道你在想什么
I know what you’re thinking.
你觉得我老糊涂了 胡言乱语
You think I’ve lost my marbles and I’ve just forgotten.
但我没有
Well, I haven’t.
她连眼镜都没戴
She hasn’t got her glasses,
她家的窗帘白天还关着
her blinds were shut in the middle of the day,
我还没有老糊涂
and I haven’t lost my marbles!
尽管你们都是这么想的
Though everybody seems to think I have.