Sir Francis,
我们应该开诚布公的谈谈
you and I must be honest with each other.
女王太弱了
Your Queen is weak.
她没有军队
She has no army,
没朋友 只有…
no friends. Only…
怎么说呢…?
Comment dit – on…?
敌人 – 敌人
Enemies. – Enemies.
她能提什么条件?
What terms can she propose?
夫人 我觉得陛下她
Madam, Her Majesty was, I believe,
现在急于想拒绝公爵的求婚
too hasty at rejecting the Duke’s proposal of marriage.
我怎么能娶这样的女人呢?
But how can I marry such a woman? Huh?
她太拘谨!
She is frigid!
是啊 甚至有人说她像男人!
Yes! They even say she is really a man!
去睡吧 交给我安排
Go to bed. Leave me with this.
请原谅我的侄子
Forgive my nephew.
他说话没有分寸
He speaks when he should not.
我这个侄子不像话
He is terrible.
全是个笨蛋
Ne fais pas l’idiot, Henri.
我听说你是一个聪明人 “弗朗西斯”爵士
I hear you are a wise man, Sir Francis,
算得上一个大英雄
and a creature of the world
像我
like me.
是啊
Yes.
我从来不抱幻想
I have no illusions.
我知道女王下台 只是时间问题
I know it is only a matter of time
在女王被推♥翻♥之前
before my Queen is overthrown.
女王她只是用心去统治
Her Majesty rules with the heart,
不动脑子
not with the head.
我理解
I understand.
做女人很难忘掉她的心
It is hard for a woman to forget her heart.
不过 …
But, er…
你怎么办
what of you,
“沃辛汉姆”?
Walsingham?
聪明人应该懂得保护自己不受伤害
A wise man would be careful not to put himself in the way of harm.
那么 他怎么保护自己呢?
And how would a wise man do that?
他会 如我所说 改换门庭
He would, as I said, change allegiance.
门庭?
Allegiance?
现在有两种选择
There are but two choices.
他只能和西班牙或者法国睡一张床
He would get into bed with either Spain or France.
哪张床
And whose bed
你会选择…?
would you prefer?
陛下 能跟你谈谈吗?
Your Majesty, may I speak with you?
私下里
In private.
说吧
Speak.
你的处境很危险
You are in the greatest danger.
你得相信我
You must believe me.
但你有个朋友
But you have a friend.
他能完全保障你的安全
Someone who can guarantee your safety
以及王位
and your throne.
朋友?
A friend?
西班牙国王
The King of Spain.
退下
Leave us.
他怎么保障?
How would he guarantee it?
跟你结婚
He would marry you.
只是为了联盟 不为别的
Only to make an alliance. Nothing more.
其实他根本不想…
He would not expect to…
他会住在西班牙
He would live in Spain.
你为什么要这么做 罗伯特?
Why do you do this, Robert?
因为我爱你
Because I love you.
尽管你不想见我 可是只有我最关心你
And though you will not see me, I am the only one who would care for you.
你可真关心我 想让我成为一个婊♥子♥?
You love me so much you would have me be your whore?
看在上帝的份上 我这是为了我们俩
For God’s sake, I do this for us.
我求你能不能保留我们的一丁点!
I ask you to save some part of us!
“罗伯特勋爵” 你可以把我的宫女当成婊♥子♥ 可别想打我的主意
Lord Robert, you may make whores of my Ladies but you shall not make one of me.
陛下
Your Majesty.
伊丽莎白是个!
Elizabeth is a witch!
巫婆!
A witch!
并且她的仆人是恶魔!
And her servant is the devil!
滚…都滚…滚
Get out! Get out!
当然我将否认它
Of course I shall deny it.
陛下必须公开地表明 自己和这次血案无关
Your Majesty must publicly dissociate herself from this most bloody act.
我没有命令过
I never ordered it.
当然啦 当然
Of course, Madam, of course.
你还必须对西班牙实施安抚的政策
You must also make conciliatory gestures towards the Spanish.
他们的态度是否友善显得特别重要
Your dependence upon their goodwill is greater than ever.
我必须… – 对于国君不许用必须这个词
I must… – The word “must” is not used to princes.
我在国家大事上一直听从你的劝告
I have followed your advice in all the affairs of my kingdom, but
可是你的政策只是让英格兰 附庸于法国或者西班牙
your policies would make England nothing but part of France or Spain.
从现在起我只想依照自己的想法 看看能不能办好
From this moment I am going to follow my own opinion.
原谅我 陛下 你只是个女人
Forgive me, Madam, but you are only a woman.
就算我是个女人 威廉爵士 可是也会有一颗男人的心!
I may be a woman, Sir William, but if I choose I have the heart of a man!
我是先王的女儿
I am my father’s daughter.
我什么都不惧怕
I am not afraid of anything.
我…
I…
我很后悔 陛下 要是我冒犯了你的话
I deeply regret, Madam, if I have caused you such offence
上帝知道 我所有的劝告只是为了
though God knows all my advice has only ever been
确保陛下的王位
to secure Your Majesty’s throne.
对此我很感激
And I am grateful for it.
我已经决定了 封你为”伯力”男爵
I have decided to create you Lord Burghley,
让你心安理得的退位养老
so you may enjoy your retirement in greater ease.
陛下… – 别再说啦 “伯力”男爵
Madam… – That will be all, Lord Burghley.
陛下…
Majesty…
陛下 我斗胆直言?
Madam, if I may?
国君不该瞻前顾后
A prince should never flinch from being blamed
害怕采取断然行动 如果是为了维护国家利益
for acts of ruthlessness which are necessary for safeguarding the State
和自身的安全
and their own person.
你的确应该认真考虑这些事了 一定要严厉打击
You must take these things so much to heart that you do not fear to strike
哪怕是你最亲近的人
even the very nearest that you have
只要他牵连进去
if they be implicated.
我已经得到消息
It has been made known to me
有个神父揣着罗马的信件回到国内
there is a priest abroad in the land, carrying letters from Rome
想转交给你的敌人
to those who mean to harm you.
诺福克的势力越来越大了
Norfolk’s power in Court is growing.
传闻他与国外的盟友打算兴兵
It is said that he and his foreign allies
其数量远远超出你的军队
are raising an army to outnumber your own.
要是陛下不抓紧行动
If Your Majesty does not act soon
他会先动手
then he will.
搜查那个神父和窝藏他的人
Find the priest, and those who harbour him.
搜查每一个房♥间! 你们俩上楼去!
Right, search every room! You two, upstairs!
“艾伦特”勋爵在哪?
Where is Lord Arundel?
他不在家里 大人!
He’s not here, sir.
你知道你父亲在哪儿吗?
Do you know where your father is?
你带来了教皇的信件
You were carrying letters from the Pope.
让你把它交给谁?
To whom were you told to give them?
你说
Tell me,
上帝究竟是什么?
what is God to you?
他抛弃你啦?
Has He abandoned you?
难道上帝也很世俗 必须玩弄政♥治♥ 耍阴谋诡计?
Is He such a worldly God that He must play at politics and conspiracy?
他不神圣啦?
Is He not divine?
快说实话 就当你是在上帝面前
Tell me the truth, as if you were face to face with Him now.
我是个有耐心的人 神父
I am a patient man, Father.
“塞西尔”
Sussex,
“格德勒”
Gardiner,
“艾伦特”
Arundel.
酷刑之下
A man will confess to anything
难免会屈打成招
under torture.
还有”莱斯特”伯爵大人 – – 罗伯特
And Lord Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester.
陛下 这个文件也是在神父那里搜到的
Madam, this document was also found among the priest’s possessions.
教皇陛下给诺福克公爵大人
From His Holiness the Pope to His Grace the Duke of Norfolk.
关于你请求英格兰王位之事宜 教皇认为
“To legitimise your claim to the throne of England, His Holiness proposes
你必须以苏格兰女王”玛丽”作为你的新娘
“Your Grace should take as your bride Mary, Queen of Scots,
发动推♥翻♥伊丽莎白…