我不明白为什么女人要结婚
I do not see why a woman need marry at all.
来吧!
Come on, come on!
这是”伊克里”夫人
This is Mistress Quickly.
陛下是不是还记得西班牙大使
You will recall His Excellency the Spanish Ambassador.
怎么会忘记呢?
How could I forget?
阁下
Excellency.
女王陛下
Your Majesty.
他是法国人 你们谈一谈
He’s French. You’ll have to speak up.
我认识那绅士吗?
Do I know that gentleman?
他是”弗朗西斯沃辛汉姆”爵士 刚从流放的地方回来
That is Sir Francis Walsingham, Madam. He has returned from exile
我委派他 负责保护陛下的安全
and I have appointed him to have a care for Your Majesty’s person.
啊!
Ah!
阁下…
Excellency…
陛下…
Majesty…
我得向你介绍法国大使德瓦兹亲王阁下
May I present the French Ambassador, His Excellency Monsieur de Foix.
你好 阁下
Your Excellency.
我看那位法国人是来提亲的
I suppose the French do offer some suitor to her.
当然
Naturally.
一切得看那个女人选什么样的丈夫
Everything now depends upon the husband that woman takes.
“安茹的享利”国王向你表示问候
King Henry of Anjou sends you brotherly love.
他相信你登基以后 我们两国之间的关系会大有改善
He trusts the relationship between our countries may be much improved.
这也是我的意愿
That is also my hope.
国王希望你会考虑他的兄弟
The King expects that you will consider the suit of his brother,
“安茹”公爵的求婚
the Duke of Anjou.
啊! 女王陛下当然会对求婚认真加以考虑的
Her Majesty will consider the proposal most carefully.
可遗憾的是此时此刻 公爵的姑母”吉斯的玛丽”
It is unfortunate, however, that the Duke’s aunt, Mary of Guise,
却将法国的军队驻扎在苏格兰
chooses to garrison Scotland with French troops.
女士们…
Ladies…
女王婚姻都得从政♥治♥角度考虑 不会耍孩子气的
The marriage of a Queen, Excellency, is born of politics, not childish passion.
大人
Your Grace.
“沃辛汉姆”!
Walsingham!
欢迎回国
Welcome to England.
大人吃惊了? – 不
Your Grace is surprised? – No.
只是有点失望
Only a little disappointed.
奏一首’沃尔特’舞曲!
Play a volta!
我何时能跟你单独见面?
When may I see you in private?
单独见面?
In private?
你忘了吗 勋爵?
Have you forgot, my Lord?
我是女王了
I am Queen now.
他来啦
He’s coming.
他来啦!
He’s coming!
女士们
My Ladies.
大人
My Lord.
你脸红了 “伊莎贝尔”
You blush, Lady Knollys.
恋爱了吗?
Are you in love?
没有 大人
No, my Lord.
抓紧点 别浪费青春
Then you should be, or waste all that beauty.
陛下睡了没有?
Does Her Majesty sleep?
还没有 威廉爵士
Not yet, Sir William.
她太兴奋了
She is… overwrought.
你们要每天把她的床单拿给我看
Show me Her Majesty’s sheets every morning.
我必须确认她’身体正常’ – ‘身体正常’ 威廉爵士?
I must know all her proper functions. – Proper functions, Sir William?
是的
Indeed.
陛下的身体好坏 已经不是她个人的事了
Her Majesty’s body and person are no longer her own property.
是国家大事
They belong to the State.
是啊 威廉爵士
Yes, Sir William.
大人
Your Grace.
大人 陛下还没有起身呢
Your Grace, Her Majesty has not risen.
大人
Your Grace!
对不起…大人 陛下不想见客人
Please! Your Grace! Her Majesty is not yet ready to receive visitors.
陛下
Madam!
你最好起来 有重要情况
You had best get up. There is some grave news.
对不起 陛下 他…
My Lady, I’m sorry…
“吉斯的玛丽”又给苏格兰的驻军增兵四千
Mary of Guise has increased the French garrison in Scotland by 4,000 men.
恐怕不止
Perhaps more.
陛下…
Madam…
我看法国人是想大动干戈 趁我们还很虚弱
I’m afraid the French mean to attack while we are still weak
趁陛下的统治现在还不稳定
and while Your Majesty’s reign is still uncertain.
有什么好办法?
What is your counsel?
陛下 我们现在得赶紧起兵去苏格兰
Madam, we must with all haste raise an army to march upon Scotland.
可是…我…?
Can… can…?
我们为何不派特使去
Can we not send emissaries?
现在没时间了! 作为女王 应该开战
There is no time for that! As Queen we look to you for action,
除非你甘愿看着法国人继续增兵
unless you are content to wait for the French to send more reinforcements.

Here.
你们都同意吗?
Are you all in agreement?
我觉得这是一个非常难得的机会 去杀杀法国人的傲气
I say there has never been a better time to abate the French pride.
“艾伦特”?
Arundel?
战争是罪恶 可有时候不可避免
War is a sin, but sometimes a necessary one.
“罗伯特”勋爵 你既然参加会议就要维护英格兰
Lord Robert, you were appointed to the Council to protect England’s interests.
看来你好像没这个度量
Now it appears you do not have the stomach for it.
我是同意的 大人
I am in agreement, Your Grace,
既然陛下的皇位有危险
if Your Majesty’s throne is at risk.
你说呢 “沃辛汉姆”? – 陛下!
What say you, Walsingham? – Your Majesty!
我看作为国君应该谋定后动
I say a prince should rather be slow to take action
而且不怕去面对内心的恐惧
and should watch that he does not come to be afraid of his own shadow.
“弗朗西斯”爵士 你不是会议成员
You are not, Sir Francis, a member of Council,
也不代表多数
nor are you in the majority.
我不喜战战争
I do not like wars.
何况结果很难预料
They have uncertain outcomes.
“苏格兰”
SCOTLAND
停一下!
Stop!
回英格兰去
Go back to England,
把这个给女王
and take this to your Queen.
英格兰人的血流在法国土地上
English blood on French colours.
送他回他的女皇处
Send him back to his Queen
确保他活着去
and make sure he remains alive.
告诉那混♥蛋♥女皇 不要再送孩子来打仗
Tell that bastard Queen not to send children to fight Mary of Guise!
我的大臣们呢? – 我不太清楚 夫人
Where are my councillors? – I know not, Madam.
罗伯特勋爵呢? – 罗伯特勋爵打猎去了
Where is Lord Robert? – Lord Robert, Madam, has gone hunting.
退下
Leave me.
走开 走开
Go! Go!
我真不愿意 把在苏格兰的惨败报告陛下
I regret to inform Your Majesty of our miserable defeat in Scotland.
主教们仍然坚持让陛下退位
The Bishops still demand Your Majesty’s removal.
而且还得到了各处相应
They find support in every quarter.
天啊 我们现在是大难临头了
Alas, Madam, we are come already to catastrophe.
你怎么又出现在我面前!
How dare you come into my presence!
你为什么要跟着我?
Why do you follow me here?
我的任务是保护陛下您
It is my business to protect Your Majesty
不受到任何伤害
against all things.
我不需要保护 只需要安静!
I do not need protection. I need to be left alone!
陛下…
Majesty…
根本就不应该派兵去苏格兰
They should never have been sent to Scotland.
我父亲就不会犯这种错误
My father would not have made such a mistake.
这说明我还没有能力统治
I have been proved unfit to rule.
你们都这么想吧 对吗? “沃辛汉姆”?
That is what you all think, is it not, Walsingham?
我没资格评判你
It is not for me to judge you.
他们为什么派孩子去! 为什么不派正规的援军去!
Why did they send children! Why did they not send proper reinforcements!
因为主教们不允许
The Bishops would not let them.
他们对此大放厥词
They spoke against it in the pulpits.
难道敢对女王大放厥词
Then… they are speaking against their Queen.
陛下 主教们都反对你 而且有恃无恐
Madam, the Bishops are against you and have no fear of you.
他们不希望你统治下去
They do not expect you to survive.
大人 女王来啦
My Lord! The Queen!
你去哪了?
Where have you been?
你干嘛不在宫里
You were not at Court.
陛下 “德瓦兹”亲王
Majesty, Monsieur de Foix.
“吉斯的玛丽”夫人!
Mary of Guise, Ma’am,
保证不再威胁陛下 不过她说…
promises to make no further threat against Your Majesty, but
得有一个条件
on one condition.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!