歇歇
Rest.
我达成了休战协议 殿下
I made a truce, ma’am.
我和蒂龙伯爵达成了休战协议
I made a truce with the Earl of Tyrone.
哦 可怜的孩子
Oh, you poor boy.
你得告诉我一切
Well, you must tell me everything,
但首先 你得休息
but first you must rest.
看着你身陷流言蜚语中 我如何休息
How can I rest when you are the victim of false counsel?
贝丝 塞西尔他和我作对 我发誓 贝丝
Bess, Cecil works against me. I swear it, Bess,
你听从他的 他是和我俩作对
and you listen to him. He works against us.
他和苏格兰的詹姆士国王通信
He writes to King James of Scotland…
我有确凿证据
I have it on good authority…
他妄图成为您的继任者
securing himself with your successor.
别想着那个大臣了
Don’t think about the Secretary.
别想着那个小矮人了
Don’t think about the little pygmy.
– 您明白么? – 是的
– You understand, don’t you? – Yes.
– 您明白我已别无选择 – 是的 我明白
– You understand I had no choice? – Yes, I understand.
Shh. Shh.
Shh. Shh.
你得睡了
You must sleep.
睡醒再谈
Sleep and then we’ll talk.
睡吧
Sleep.
你爱我么?
Do you love me?
当然
Of course.
– 桃乐茜 看着伯爵 – 是 陛下
– Dorothy, see to the Earl. – Yes, Your Majesty.
让我来帮您 大人
Let me help you with these, sir.
陛下 您想…
Your Majesty, do you want…?
– 陛下 – 伯爵放弃了指挥
– Ma’am. – The Earl has deserted his command.
他寻求我们的批准
He seeks our approval.
和蒂龙签订某些休战协议
He has concluded some sort of truce with Tyrone
是主动签订
on his own initiative.
– 他带多少人来? – 只有一些
– How many men has he? – Only a handful.
大人 您确定他的军队
Sir, are you sure the army
– 还在爱尔兰? – 据我所知是的 陛下
– is still in Ireland? – As far as I know, ma’am.
他竟如此对我
That he should do this to me
可怜我恩宠于他
by whom he had so many favors.
他醒来穿好衣服 叫他来见我
When he is awake and dressed, call him to our presence.
他来见您的时候 您能否准许我回避一下 陛下
May I withdraw when he comes to you, ma’am, with your permission?
不行 我不许你回避
No, you do not have my permission.
你可以站在一旁看着你的小朋友
You can stay and watch your little friend.
分清敌友的时候到了
Time to find out who is with us and who is against us.
塞西尔
Cecil.
再次谢谢你 我亲爱的
Thank you, again, my dear.
在和你的女主人窃窃私语么 小矮人?
Whispering to your mistress, pygmy?
世人会认为你们在分享秘密
The world will think you are sharing secrets.
我没想到
I did not expect so many
会有这么多人在我们的会议上出席 贝丝
to be present at our meeting, Bess.
有时候有目击者出席会谈现场
Sometimes it is advisable
是很明智的 大人
to have witnesses to conversations, my lord.
– 您为什么这么冷酷 陛下 – 对于埃塞克斯伯爵的指控如下
– Why so cold, ma’am? – The charges against the Earl of Essex
他归国后
are as follows: That he has been contemptuously disobedient
拒不服从女王指令并极其轻蔑
to Her Majesty’s instructions by returning to England;
– 根据多个… – 等一下 先生
– that on several… – Stay a moment, sir.
这是一个审判么?
Is this a trial?
我做过…做过…
Have… have I done something
什么冒犯您的事 陛下?
to offend Your Majesty?
你未经宣诏 擅闯内庭
You have come unannounced into my chamber.
你擅离职守 寸功未立
You have returned from your commission with no victories gained
爱尔兰亦毫无和平迹象
and no peace imposed upon the territories in Ireland.
你与臭名昭著的叛国者蒂龙
You have had private conversation
暗中私通
with the notorious traitor Tyrone
我们对蒂龙的要求 要么死 要么降
whose submission or death are the only things we require of him.
你不尊重我们的臣民
You have made free with our person.
甚至擅用王权
You have thought to touch the scepter of a prince,
你罪大恶极
which is a thing not commendable in you.
我只是来寻求您的帮助与支持
I have come here only seeking your help and support
作为我往日服侍您的一些回报
in return for the great services I have offered you.
把他关进埃塞克斯的宅子
Take him under guard to Essex House.
伯爵将被关押在那里
The Earl is to be confined there
– 没我的命令不准放人 – 卫兵
– until our pleasure dictates otherwise. – Guards.
贝丝 贝丝
Bess. Bess.
贝丝 贝丝 贝丝 你说过你爱我的
Bess, Bess, Bess, You said that you loved me!
我曾经深爱着你 并处处替你着想
I ever loved you well and ever did you service,
但我现在已经不认识我所爱之人了
but I no longer recognize the thing I loved!
旧情已逝 不知归路
Love alters when it alterations finds.
– 你说过你决不… – 我说过 我说过
– You said you could never… – I said, I said.
也许我说过些本不该说的话
I said more than I should, perhaps.
但是政♥治♥的语言
But government of the tongue
你从未真正明暸 我的大人
is not a science you ever learned well, my lord.
弗朗西丝 我真诧异你也在这儿
I am amazed to see you in this company, Francis.
从政之路 曲曲折折
The way to great office is by a winding stair.
带他走 不想看见他!
Get him out of my sight!
现在我们该怎么处置埃塞克斯伯爵?
And now what are we to do with the Earl of Essex, eh?
现在我们究竟该怎么办?
What is heaven’s name are we to do with him now?
军队还对我们效忠么?
Is the army loyal to us?
芒卓礼 伯爵的手下 统治着军队
Mountjoy, the Earl’s man, has the army,
伯爵在爱尔兰的时候也是
even if he is still in Ireland.
但伯爵在这里还有有影响力的朋友
But the Earl still has powerful friends here.
万分不幸的是
Unfortunately for him,
这些朋友中不再有你我 对吧 小矮人
they no longer include you and me. Eh, pygmy?
那么
So…
那么我们继续审判他?
we may proceed to trial?
不 不 现在我们按兵不动
No. No, for the moment we do nothing.
只是等待
We wait.
我们要看上去对他不错
We must be seen to treat him well.
放松他的警卫
Relax the guard on him…
看他有多忠诚?
how loyal is he?
很好
Very well.
哦 我亲爱的弗朗西丝
Oh, my dear Frances!
你在为你丈夫失去的名誉哀悼么?
Are you in mourning for your husband’s reputation?
我穿着您喜欢的颜色 陛下
I wear your colors, ma’am.
你一直是个好女孩 弗朗西丝
You were always a good girl, Frances.
因为我爱他 陛下 我也希望他也能爱您
As I love him, Your Majesty, I wish him to love you.
那么…
So…
-伯爵怎么样? -很不好 陛下
– How does the Earl? – Not well, Your Majesty.
哦 我听到这个消息很难过
Oh, we are sorry to hear that.
我确信 陛下
I do believe that, ma’am.
– 他应该有人陪伴 – 应该
– He should have company. – He should.
告诉我 爱尔兰的芒卓礼有消息么?
Tell me, has he heard from Mountjoy from Ireland?
他们互相通信
Letters passed between them,
但是大人最近没和爱尔兰有来往
but my lord has not heard from Ireland of late.
哦 那太糟糕了
Oh, that’s a shame.
但也许他不该
But perhaps it’s not good for him to be in touch
和那些军方人士接触
with those with military responsibilities.
我相信他想成为您 忠贞不二的仆人 陛下
I am sure he means to be a loyal servant to Your Majesty.
哦 没错 我也相信
Oh yes, I’m sure.
他最近和苏格兰的詹姆士国王通信了么?
Has he heard from King James of late? From Scotland?
你可以跟我说 弗朗西丝
You can tell me, Frances.
我们知道他曾经和詹姆士有过往来
We know he had dealings with him from before.
如果我们不想他再有危险
If we are to prevent him being a danger to himself,
我们必须知道这些事情
we must know these things.
你知道我曾向他表达过爱恋 弗朗西丝
You know, I speak out of love for him, Frances.
伯爵脖子上挂着一个黑袋子
The Earl carries a black bag around his neck.
他从未摘过
He never takes it off.
我相信那是来自苏格兰的信
I believe they are letters from Scotland.
苏格兰! 来自苏格兰的信 我早就知道!
Scotland! Letters from Scotland, I knew it!
– 他是个叛徒! – 陛下
– The man’s a traitor. – Ma’am.
芒卓礼 不会动用爱尔兰的军队来帮他
Mountjoy will not move the Irish army to assist him,
所以他等着苏格兰国王来帮他
so he waits for the King of Scotland.
那么 他得等好长时间了
Well, he’s going to wait a long time for that young man.
陛下 您的想法是什么?
What are Your Majesty’s wishes?
强迫他有所行动
To force him into action.