不象其他的什么人
unlike some others.
最终 莱斯特和我做了朋友
At the end, Leicester and I were friends.
我将与你也保持亲密的友谊
I would hold you close to me in friendship.
当爱情变成了友情
When love is changed to kindliness,
那么我将不再拥有
then I’ll none of it.
如果你想一生从政 罗宾
If you seek a life in politics, Robin,
你就必须学会成为一个政♥治♥家
you’ll have to learn to be a politician.
同样的名字
The same name,
不同的灵魂
but not the same.
我很爱莱斯特伯爵
I loved the Earl of Leicester well.
和他一样 你也喜欢战争
And like him, you love to go to war,
既然你喜欢为我而战
and since you love to fight my quarrels for me,
我们委任你作军队统率
we offer you command of the army.
西班牙人袭击了加来
The Spanish have attacked Calais
我们准备通过攻击加迪斯以示反击
and we intend to respond by taking Cadiz.
贝丝
Bess!
哦 还是个孩子啊
Oh, what a boy it is still.
一个孩子啊
What a boy.
这是他指挥的规模最大的战役吧 陛下
The greatest command of his Lordship’s career, ma’am.
确实
Indeed.
您丝毫没有犹豫?
You have no doubts?
他将加入舰队 明日驶往加迪斯
He’ll join the fleet and sail for Cadiz tomorrow.
让我们祈祷腓力的最新舰队 装备奇缺吧
Let us pray Philip’s new Armada is ill-prepared.
天佑陛下
God bless Her Majesty!
西班牙国王见鬼去吧
And damnation to the King of Spain!
天佑女王
God save the Queen!
女王! 女王! 女王!
The Queen! The Queen! The Queen!
对于和平谈判来说
I think this is probably the end
我想这是最好的结束方式了 陛下
of peace negotiations, Your Majesty.
让我们衷心地祝福大人凯♥旋♥归来吧
Let us fervently hope for the success of His Lordship.
我不相信你真的是这样想 小矮人
I can’t believe you actually mean that, pygmy.
我想这个孩子的意思是–
I think what the boy means is…
我从来不知道这个孩子的想法
I never know what the boy means.
我也从来不知道你的想法
I never know what any of you mean,
但是我统治英格兰这么多年
but I’ve not ruled England these many years
还从未用过比我还愚蠢的部下
to be taken for more of a fool than I am.
现在英格兰四处是派系
All’s faction now in England
你只盼望着我们的朋友刹羽而归
and you wish for nothing but the failure of our friends.
我想我们挥得太久了 进去吧
Well, I think we’ve waved enough. Let us go in.
特此宣告今日为公众的节日
We declare today a public holiday
以庆祝最伟大的胜利
on account of the great victory
赢取西班牙加迪斯
won over the Spanish at Cadiz
在伟大的埃塞克斯伯爵的指挥下
by his Grace, the Earl of Essex.
据称加迪斯大战
“If ever a man desired to see
是对”地狱景象”最形象
an image of hell,” it has been said,
最生动的展现
it was at the battle of Cadiz most lively figured.
而我们的埃塞克斯伯爵
And our own Earl of Essex
骁勇善战
fought most valiantly.
伯爵的军队由始至终
The Earl’s carriage throughout the engagement
都被认为是最雄壮的 …
was marked to be most manly…
谢谢 女士
Thank you, ma’am.
陛下对诏词有所不满
The sermon is not to Her Majesty’s taste.
噢 我想是因为她不太能
Oh, I think she has little patience
忍♥受赞誉给了她以外的人
for compliments not directed at her.
看见了吗?
You see?
我正处于风头盖过女王的危险中
I’m in danger of outshining the Queen’s Majesty.
哦 大人 我恳请您谨慎些好
Oh my lord, I would beg you to be careful.
陛下 人们会认为伯爵凭其一己之力就拿下了加迪斯
One would think the Earl sacked Cadiz on his own, ma’am.
他出征 杀戮 然后凯♥旋♥归来
He came, he killed, he returned home to celebrate.
他的地位需要战争 可战争必须付出代价
His Lordship wants war, but wars must be paid for,
所以我们的百姓受苦了
and so our people suffer.
陛下 爱尔兰传来了坏消息
And now there is bad news from Ireland, ma’am.
我们家门口的天主教国家
A Catholic country on our doorstep…
下一个我们征战的地方
we shall have war there next.
会说爱尔兰语吗 小矮人
Speak Irish, pygmy?
– 不会 陛下 – 哦 不 没人会
– No, Your Majesty. – No. No one does.
你可愿意担任爱尔兰的总督?
Would you like to be Lord Deputy of Ireland?
– 不 陛下 – 不
– No, Your Majesty. – No.
或许可以让埃塞克斯伯爵就任
Maybe we could send the Earl of Essex.
大人 你今晚定要与我们共进晚餐
Your Lordship must dine with us tonight.
如果百姓们放我走的话 贝丝
If the people will let me, Bess.
我不属于我自己
My person is not my own.
快来 大人 人们需要你
Come, my lord. The people need you.
大主教已经下令
The Archbishop ordered a day of celebrations
举国为我的胜利欢庆一天
for my victory across the entire kingdom.
可您为什么下令仅限伦敦呢 贝丝?
Why did you restrict them to London, Bess?
人们对我的爱戴如此地强烈
The love that people have for me is so strong.
你 …
You…
你到现在还没吻过我
you have not kissed me yet.
我以为 …
I did not presume…
以为 以为
Presume. Presume.
怎么 让你吃惊了 大人?
There. Does that surprise you, my lord,
没想到一个年老的女人
that an old woman should have
会有如此旺盛的激♥情♥?
such lusts of the flesh?
你不老 贝丝
You’re not old, Bess.
也许吧 也许
Maybe not, maybe not.
你知道我对你的感觉
You know how I still feel for you.
也许吧
Perhaps I do.
当然
Yes.
我是知道的 我当然知道
Yes, of course I do.
只是 …
It’s just that l…
我不再年轻 所以我的疑心病加重了
well, I lack the assurance of youth. I question everything.
现在婚姻如何?
And how is married life?
你应该认真考虑此事
You should take it seriously.
结婚是件非常甜蜜和严肃的事情
It is a very sweet and serious thing to be married.
噢 …
Oh…
所以您从不结婚 陛下?
is that why you’ve never undertaken it, ma’am?
你让我吃惊了 大人 我从未觉得
You surprise me, my lord. I never took you for one
你是那种会认为女人表里如一的人
who expected women to be consistent in their attitudes.
你还指望我怎么样呢?
What did you expect… for me to fall upon your neck in gratitude
为了挥霍掉5万英镑 为了弄丢 偷用
for 50,000 pounds lost and no hope of return,
你带回来的珠宝而扑到你怀里撒娇吗?
the jewels you brought back lost or stolen or embezzled?
– 我想 … – 你想 你想 你想
– I wish… – You wish, you wish, you wish.
你想成为爱尔兰的总督吗 罗宾?
Do you wish to be Lord Deputy of Ireland, Robin?
我都不知如何回答是好 陛下?
I hardly know how to respond, ma’am.
那是显而易见的
That’s obvious.
没人想成为爱尔兰的总督
Nobody wishes to be Lord Deputy of Ireland.
岁月改变一切 多神奇啊
Isn’t it curious how time brings in changes?
曾经我们漫步于楼下的花♥园♥中
Once upon a time we’d walk in those gardens down there
相互赞美对方
and pay each other compliments,
甜言蜜语
say the sweetest things.
– 而现在 … – 现在怎么了?
– And now… – What now?
我所能说的只有爱尔兰
Now all I can talk about is the war in Ireland
而你只会谈你自己
and all you can talk about is yourself.
我想你现在应该走了 罗宾
I think what you should do now, Robin, is leave.
是的 陛下
Yes, ma’am.
当然
Of course.
那么谁愿去就任?
So who is to be?
谁愿去接管爱尔兰政♥府♥?
Who is to undertake the governance of the Irish,
尽管爱尔兰人不见得欢迎
since the Irish do not seem to want to do so?
据闻那里气候宜人
I’m told the climate is mild enough
人们十分喜爱威士忌
and there are people who have spoken well of the whiskey.
先生们 何必如此害羞
Do not be so bashful, gentlemen.
他们或许不会公开♥发♥动叛乱
They may not break out into open rebellion.
或许只是秘密地进行
They may do it quietly, without informing us.
那里也不总是下雨
It doesn’t always rain there.
他们也并非野蛮人 至少不全是
And they’re not savages. Well, not all of them anyhow.
你们为何都不作声?
Why are you all studying the table so closely?
– 我以为 陛下 … – 什么 大人?
– In my view, ma’am… – Yes, my lord.
伯力勋爵的儿子可以 …
…Lord Burghley’s son would make

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!