现在我的气息如何 大夫?
What do you say to my breath now, Doctor?
是否如亚述尔群岛那么芳香?
Is it as sweet as the Azores?
比之更美好 陛下
Sweeter, ma’am.
我想不出原因
I can’t imagine the cause.
我感觉很好
I feel quite well.
我的腿还能舞动
My legs still seem to work.
我的死期由我来决定 大夫 而不能在那之前
I shall die at a time of my own choosing, Doctor, and not before.
有些东西为您决定了 陛下
There are those who would choose it for you, madam.
是什么?
Who are they?
是毒药吗?
Is poison suspected?
– 西班牙人 – 尚无法
– The Spanish. – We cannot say…
断言
with certainty.
不要
No.
弗朗西斯 贝肯爵士 大人
Sir Francis Bacon, my lord.
我很不幸地是伯力勋爵的侄子
I have the misfortune to be Lord Burghley’s nephew.
哦 那是不幸?
Oh. That’s a misfortune?
是啊 他竟然没为我谋任何职位
Well, he offers me no employment.
这里就是谋职的地方
Well, this is the place to look
因为女王在这儿
for employment, for the queen is here.
– 的确 – 不 不 不
– Indeed. – No, no, no.
但她是否信任那些值得信任的人
But does she trust those she should
亦或她只听我叔叔的?
or does she only listen to my uncle?
说得太对了 弗朗西斯爵士
That’s true enough, Sir Francis.
尽管身处议会 可我说的话没一个人听的
I sit on the Council and no one listens to a word I say.
你叔叔很善于溜须拍马 不是吗?
Your uncle fawns well, does he not?
要向上爬并非易事
The rising unto place is laborious,
不过通过舍弃尊严人们实现尊严
but by indignities men come to dignities.
他也就只会溜须拍马 弗朗西斯爵士
He flatters her is all, Sir Francis.
恭维似乎并未使我的仕途
Compliments do not seem to advance my career
如您的般顺利 大人
any faster than yours, my lord.
我给女王写了首诗
I wrote the queen a poem
歌♥颂她的胸怀
complimenting her upon her breasts,
是拉丁文的
in Latin,
可我仍未获得一官半职
and still I am without a position.
我们被忽视了
We are ignored,
在这样一个
and in times like this,
讨论密谋的时刻
with talk of plots.
猜忌就象蝙蝠
Suspicions are like bats…
只在昏暗中飞行
they ever fly by twilight.
我手下有一些暗探
I have intelligences working for me now.
当然不如沃辛汉姆手下的
Not quite the number
那么多
as in Walsingham’s service,
但他们给我提供了些消息
but they tell me things,
一些能提升您
things that could make you grow
在陛下心目中份量的消息
in Her Majesty’s esteem.
他们告诉了我 谁在密谋害她的性命
They tell me who has plotted on her life.
接着我们将商讨
Let us proceed to the question
检察长的人选问题
of the Attorney Generalship.
尽管我在犹豫
While I hesitate
是否应向您提出我举荐的人选
to lay my recommendations before Your Majesty,
但我觉得目前正是时候 …
I feel this is the right time…
陛下
Your Majesty,
我揭发了一桩阴谋
I have uncovered a conspiracy
阴谋反对您的内党
here at home against your person.
今晨 我逮捕了您的医师 洛佩兹大夫
This morning I have arrested your physician, Dr. Lopez.
什么?
What?
陛下 恐怕这是无可争辩的事实
Your Majesty, I am afraid it is beyond question
此人是西班牙收买♥♥的叛国者
that this man is a traitor in the pay of Spain.
– 什么? – 我是清白的
– What? – I am an innocent man.
看在上帝的份上 这件蠢事到底是怎么回事?
What is God’s name is this foolishness?
绝非蠢事 先生
No foolishness, sir.
证据就在这些文件里 …
The proof is in these papers…
大夫的同党们签署的供词
signed confessions from the doctor’s associates
里面招供了二周前在这个议事厅里
that bear witness to the truth that your sudden illness
您的突然病倒绝非意外
here at the court but two weeks ago was no accident.
而是有预谋的毒害
It was an attempt to poison you.
陛下 这不过是他利用职权玩的一些花样
Your Majesty, this is some game of his lordship.
洛佩兹大夫是忠诚的
Dr. Lopez is a loyal servant
无论对您还是对王室
both to you and to the Crown.
陛下 我恳请您 …
Your Majesty, I beg you…
你太卤莽了
You rash youth!
请确实考虑这些证据
Do but consider this evidence.
陛下 这太荒谬了
Your Majesty, this is absurd.
我该相信谁?
Whom am I to believe?
这些供词看来很可靠
These confessions seem real enough.
他的职位也便于实施这一罪行
His lordship has made earnest of his convictions.
是的 陛下 可是 除此之外还有什么证据呢 ?
Yes, Your Majesty, but what other proof is there?
何需再有其他的证据呢 陛下?
What further proof is needed, ma’am?
陛下 此事事关重大 我必须要反对 …
Your Majesty, this is a very serious business and I must object…
别再争论了 好吗?
Shall we have no more of this feuding?
所有人都各执一词
How may I act when all present me
让我如何做出判断?
with their partial arguments?
此事到此为止 …
We are resolved…
他继续任职已经不再让我们有安全感
His lordship acts out of feelings for our safety.
押他下去
Take him away.
陛下 我是您最忠实的仆人
Your Majesty, I am your most loyal servant,
您最忠实的仆人 …
your most loyal servant…
我是忠诚的
I am a loyal, loyal subject,
是被阴谋诡计
a victim of plots
陷害的
and conspiracies
某些政♥府♥高♥官♥的阴谋诡计
by those high in government.
– 丑恶的犹太人 – 我是基♥督♥徒
– Filthy Jew! – I am a Christian.
如果他是基♥督♥徒 那我就是犹太老头 这个就是我的长袍
If he’s a Christian, I’m an old Jew and this is my gabardine.
这是埃塞克斯伯爵和
This is the invention
他朋友
of the Earl of Essex
无中生有的污蔑
and his friends!
– 绞死他 – 绞死他 绞死他
– Hang him! – Hang him! Hang him!
他指控我是为了自身的利益
He has accused me for his own profit
和他的 …
and his own…
– 绞死他 – 绞死他 绞死他
– Draw him! – Draw him! Draw him!
绞死他 绞死他
Draw him! Draw him!
南安普敦说我们应该要奖励弗朗西斯些什么
Southampton says we must have something for Francis.
哦 大人 您真是太仁慈了
Oh, your lordship is too kind.
埃塞克斯兵团的伟大胜利
A rare triumph for Essex’s boys!
陛下又对我微笑了
Her Majesty smiles upon me again.
我应该要些奖赏 — 典狱长吧 身着斜纹环领紧身上衣
I shall demand something… Warden of the Slashed Doublet and Ruff
脚穿气派非凡长祙
with Extraordinary Hose.
不错 南安普敦 可是给弗朗西斯 …
Yes, but for Francis, Southampton.
五港同盟的领袖?
Master of the Cinque Ports?
兰开夏郡辖地的长官?
Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster?
陛下听差的总管?
Keeper of Her Majesty’s Pageboys?
罗宾 你今早看上去特别英俊
Well, Robin. You do look handsome this morning.
陛下 我正有此意…
Your Majesty, I meant to impress everyone
让每个人注意到我这身尊贵的华服
with my dignity of dress.
培根说过 “大家恭维我…
Bacon, people who compliment me
心胸宽广 甚至用拉丁语
on my breasts, even in Latin,
甘冒大不敬之风险”
run the risk of being thought impertinent.
我们理解他喜欢与漂亮的年轻人在一起
We understand he is fond of the company of pretty youths.
难怪大家说他是中性人
No wonder he is the member for Middlesex.
我认为 先生们
And I say, sirs, that there can be
与西班牙之间没有和平可言
no possibility of peace with Spain.
他们自己也承认并不信任异教♥徒♥
They themselves admit there can be no faith with heretics.
您的呼吸都充斥着战争的气息
You breathe war,
血腥与杀戮 我的大人
slaughter and blood, my lord.
“嗜杀成性、欺世盗名的人
“The bloody and deceitful men
不会活得长久”
shall not live out half their days.”
以上帝的名义 不要攻击这个孩子
Oh, in God’s name leave the boy alone.
他冒犯了你们 绅士们?
Has he offended so much, gentlemen?
至少要让我们的新成员 发表下他的见解
At least our new recruit speaks his mind.
谢谢您的支持 陛下
I thank you for your support, ma’am.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!