我要把你们全部送上绞架
I’ll send you all to the gallows!
你们竟然让他走了
You let him get away!
嘘 嘘 嘘 …
Shh, shh shh…
哦
Oh…
身为王室的悲哀
wearisome condition of princes…
完全暴露在全世界的注目之下
laid bare for all the world to see.
让我听到一句闲话 你们就死定了
One word of this, and you die.
全都听见了吗?
You hear me?
好了 开始工作吧
Well, there’s work to be done.
身披盔甲 跋山涉水
“Wading ashore in his armor,
伯爵成为第一个向敌人开战的勇士
the earl was the first to engage the enemy.
事实上 他单枪匹马地杀到了里斯本的城门
Indeed, he rode unaided to the gates of Lisbon
用他的长枪刺入了木门
where he drove his pike into the wood
并向所有质疑 …
and challenged anyone who doubted
您的美貌与智慧的人提出决斗
your wisdom and beauty to a duel.”
那么 有人出来接受决斗吗?
Well, did anyone emerge to take up the challenge?
我想没有 陛下
I imagine not, Your Majesty.
不会有 即便只是去与埃塞克斯伯爵交谈
No, even a conversation with the Earl of Essex
也可能是件很危险的事
can be an alarming business.
这并非头等大事 陛下
It was not all in all, Your Majesty…
尽管伯爵的行为值得嘉奖其 …
though the earl’s behavior must be applauded…
一间营利的商号♥
a profitable enterprise.
可我们并未取得实质性的进展
Little of substance was achieved.
里斯本仍未被攻占
Lisbon was not taken.
的确
Indeed.
但他已经为他的违抗命令致歉
But he’s apologized for his disobedience
并且他应承我本月内将会返回
and he promises me he’ll be home within the month.
我们已经宽恕了他 他仍然忠于我们
We’ve forgiven him. He is dear to us.
而且看来十分勇敢
And brave, it seems.
的确勇敢 如此公然地违抗您的命令
Brave indeed, to have defied Your Majesty so obviously.
勇敢的年轻人值得鼓励 小矮人
Brave young men are to be encouraged, pygmy.
欢迎到议会来 我的孩子
Welcome to the Council, my boy.
我们怀着无比愉悦的心情 欢迎埃塞克斯伯爵
We are most happy to greet the Earl of Essex
自葡萄牙凯♥旋♥归来
on this his return from Portugal.
战果是显赫的
Its end was glorious
对埃塞克斯归来的欢迎
and nothing so becomes it
也是任何事都无可比拟的
as this, the welcome home of Essex,
我们的自♥由♥之王 非凡的勇士
champion of our liberties, our marvelous boy!
罗宾
Robin!
一个伟大的公众日 陛下
A great and public day, Your Majesty.
可曾允许因某些特定的原因
Is it ever permitted for a subject
而投入女王的怀抱?
to hurl themselves into the queen’s arms?
私下里某些时侯 这是大力提倡的
In private, it is sometimes actively encouraged.
那么我被宽恕了?
Then I am forgiven?
只要你在我身边 任何事都可以宽恕
When you are in my presence, all is forgiven.
望着我 罗宾 望着我
Eyes on me, Robin. Eyes on me.
弗朗西斯 你也望着我
And Frances, also eyes on me.
欢迎归来 大人
Welcome back, my lord.
关上门 罗宾
Close the door, Robin.
对你而言 我看起来是否过老?
Do I seem old to you?
告诉我 “你只是年长了几岁”
Spare me “You’re old only in years.”
对我而言 您看起来并不老
You do not seem old to me.
你看起来总是那么地诚挚
You have every appearance of sincerity.
我该怎么做才能让您相信我是认真的?
What do I have to do to show you that I’m serious?
你认为你该怎么做?
What do you think you have to do?
你可以继续
You may proceed.
我赐予你的不少 罗宾 你应该得到 …
I have promised you much, Robin, and you shall have…
我应该得到什么?
What shall I have?
甜酒的税收
The tax on sweet wines.
你将获得每桶10%的税收 那是一大笔财富
Ten percent of every barrel sold is yours. It’s worth a fortune.
– 贝丝 贝丝 贝丝 – 你应当富有 罗宾
– Bess, Bess Bess. – You shall be rich, Robin,
你不必再上战场
and you will not need to go to war.
– 晚餐 – 好的
– Dinner. – Yes.
我不在的日子 每天都在想念着你
While I was away, I thought of you each day.
现在我回来了 我要再次证明我的价值
And now I’m home, I seek to prove my worth again.
哦 我的侍女们都喜欢看着你
Oh, my ladies love to look at you.
好吧 对于公开展示我不收费
Well, I do not charge for the spectacle.
“蓝眼睛” 为何如此严肃?
“Blue eyes,” why so serious?
我在想为国效力的事 陛下
I think a deal upon affairs of state, ma’am,
若我有个职位 为什么 …
and if I had some office, why…
什么样的职位 罗宾
And what office might that be, Robin?
议会中的席位
A seat upon the Council.
陛下
Your Majesty…
究竟何事 洛佩兹大夫 我们正打算用晚膳
What now, Dr. Lopez? We were expecting dinner.
我为您拿来了糖浆 陛下 一如往常
I bring your syrup, ma’am, as always.
嗯
Ugh.
– 陛下安好? – 难道那不是你的职责吗
– Your Majesty is well? – Is it not your task
告诉我我是否安好
to tell me whether I am or no?
我们的目的是要比大夫更长寿 洛佩兹
We purpose to outlive our doctor, Lopez.
是的 陛下
Yes, ma’am.
国家事务是件苦差事
Matters of state require the drudgery
要兼具忠诚与随和
of being both honest and accommodating.
你能行吗 罗宾?
Are you accommodating, Robin?
我可以
I can be.
我的才智不输塞西尔家的任何一个
I have as good a wit as either of the Cecils.
我能为您分忧
I could serve you.
哦 你应当获得议会的席位
Oh, you shall have your seat on the Council.
哦 贝丝
Oh, Bess!
好孩子
What a boy!
我会让您为我骄傲的
I will make you proud.
– 我尊重双方… – 埃塞克斯伯爵 …
– I esteem both… – The Earl of Essex
获得了在议会中的席位
has his seat on the Council.
议会?
The Council?!
她总是无法拒绝他的任何请求
She can refuse him nothing.
若如我所想 他对我的女儿感兴趣
Lf, as I think, he has an interest in my daughter,
那么女王陛下或许会厌倦他的
it may be that Her Majesty will tire of him.
我无意冒犯 弗朗西斯 可埃塞克斯伯爵为什么
I mean no disrespect, Francis, but why should the Earl of Essex
会考虑娶你的女儿
even consider marrying your daughter
在他认为他或许能娶英格兰女王之际
when he thinks he may be married to the Queen of England?
女王永远都不会下嫁于他的
The queen will never marry him.
伯爵也不应做这样的白日梦
Not even the earl would dream of such a thing.
若因此事而让他升上帝位
Let one subject raise himself up so
那么先生们 流血事件将会发生
and there would be blood, gentlemen…
四十年未见的流血事件
blood as we’ve not seen these 40 years.
你们询问为何再次 向你们索要金钱
You ask us why we must ask you once again for money.
就象所有的主妇都向她们的丈夫索钱一样
Like any housewife to her husband,
我讨厌乞求
I am loathe to beg…
可我们确实需要经费
but we do need subsidy.
用于什么?
And what is it for?
用于战争并非我们本意
It is not that we plan for war.
这场战争持续过久
It is the fighting of wars long gone
英格兰庄稼欠收 粮食消耗
and the failure of the harvests that eat away at England.
战争不会自行走开 先生们
Not that war will ever go away, gentlemen.
西班牙也不会
Nor will the Spanish.
那么王室的集资可会走开 陛下?
And will the Crown’s demand for money ever go away, ma’am?
时间是力量的天敌
Time is the enemy of power
我们的王国
and this our kingdom,
历史悠久但辉煌不减
aged but un-aging in its glory,
它耗尽了财力 和我们凝聚的国力
wears out the fortune and the strength of we who serve it.
而当忧虑的重量压抑着我们 我们…
And when the weight of care oppresses us, we…
– 照看女王 – 伯力
– Look to the queen! – Burghley!
卫兵
Guard!
侍女
Ladies!
站开 站开
Stand aside! Stand aside!
退后 给她些空气
Stand back. Give her some air.
让侍女来照看她 侍女
Leave her to the ladies. Ladies!
扶她到厢房♥去
Take her through to the privy chamber.
完全警报 关门
Full alarms. Close the doors.
大夫
Doctor…
洛佩兹大夫
Dr. Lopez!