who is he, Walsingham?
他就是那个曾想刺杀您的 年轻人 陛下
The young man who once tried to kill you, madam.
我们转变了他
We turned him.
我作这些是为了 您的安全 陛下
I have done what I have done for your safety, madam.
苏格兰玛丽是叛逆
Mary of Scotland is a traitor.
是吗?
So.
你以为我想延缓战争 是因为我的仁慈?
Do you think because I am slow to make war, that I am merciful?
你以为女人比男人 宽容或者温和?
You think women are kinder than a man or more gentle?
我来告诉你们 先生们 是因为我们女人…
I’ll tell you, gentlemen, we women have forgotten
比你们更能忘记残忍♥
more about cruelty than you could ever remember.
但我们痛恨的是谎言
What we do not like is lies.
我当初怎么就没绞死你
Why should I not hang you
还有同你一起背叛的那些天主教♥徒♥? 我告诉你
as well as the fellow Catholics you’ve duped? And I tell you, sir,
对待叛国者 先开膛破肚 再吊死
we’ll hang them not a whit before we cut them open for a traitor’s death.
永远的阴影
Shadows
笼罩在阴影的…
and shadows…
阴影之中
of shadows.
活着就是对这个 畜生足够的惩罚
Being alive is punishment enough for this creature.
其他人 如我所说的处死
For the others, kill them as I have said.
吊死之前 把他们的五脏挖出来
I want them alive when you cut out their heart and their bowels!
我的哀悼只为 虔诚忠诚的人
I mourn more for the death of one good and faithful man
对20个叛国者只有 无动于衷
than I do for 20 traitors.
现在 我爱的人在大海对面
And now with those I love across the seas
不顾性命为我而战
risking their lives for my life,
我只想亲手吊死 这些叛国者
I tell you I want to hang those conspirators myself!
我热衷残忍♥ 我的大人
Oh, I am made of cruel passions, my lord!
到时 我会让这个世界震惊
And when the time is right will so act on them as to astonish the world.
我也有爱和怜悯
I have love and compassion too.
我会惩罚 我也会想念…
And as I can punish, so can I yearn…
那些真诚的 忠诚的
for those who are true and faithful and…
那些爱国 爱我
and who love me according to my true deserts
的人们
as their Queen.
吊死他 吊死他
Hang him! Hang him!
玛丽女王必须要接受审判
Queen Mary must be brought to trial.
审判一个加冕的君主
To try an anointed sovereign, sir,
可不是一件小事
is no light matter.
莱斯特伯爵会乐于 主持这次审判 陛下
The Earl of Leicester would be in favor of a trial, madam.
是吗?
Oh, really?
我们问问他?
Well, shall we ask him?
我的大人 荷兰的情况怎么样了?
My lord, how goes it in Holland?
我们有急事 需要你的建议
We seek your opinion on an urgent matter.
– 陛下 我们必须– – 怎么那么着急
– Madam, we must… – How busily my subjects
看一个女王被处死
set about to see a Queen laid low.
事实如此 也无他法
Well, let it be done then. Let it be done.
但我希望审判是在
But I would have it done with an eye
公正的前提下
to the justice of the thing.
整个欧洲都在看着我们 我的大人们
All Europe watches us, my lords.
等着看..
And waits to see
我们怎么对待 我伪善的天主教表亲
how we will serve my perjured Catholic cousin.
以圣父 圣子 圣灵之名
In nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti.
我是受过加冕的女王
I am an anointed Queen.
不受英格兰 普通法的管辖
And not subject to the ordinary laws of England.
女士 在英格兰
Madam, in England a free prince
王子犯法与庶民同罪
offending is subject to our laws.
您希望在缺席的情况下 接受审判么 女士?
Would you prefer to be tried in your absence, lady?
我不是被告 先生
I am no subject, sir.
我宁愿死一千次 也不愿作被告
And would die a thousand deaths rather than acknowledge myself to be one.
但就如此吧…
But go to it…
看得出你们已经决定了
for I see you are all determined.
这封给安东尼.巴宾顿的信
This letter to Sir Anthony Babington…
是伪造的
Is forged.
我还不致灵魂陷落到…
I would not dare make shipwreck of my soul
要杀我亲爱的表亲
by compassing the death of my dear sister.
亲爱的 是么
Dear, indeed.
但我们有证据 这份信出自你手
Yet we have proof positive this is your hand
由你寄出
and given out by you.
那她是被判有罪的咯?
So she is judged guilty.
公平的审判 陛下
By a fair trial, madam.
上议院和下议院 一致恭请陛下
And both Lords and Commons humbly petition Your Majesty
判处她死刑
that you may pass sentence of death upon her.
噢 这令我为难
Oh, this goes hard with me.
我的敌人会怎样以此诋毁我? 为了自己性命的安全
What will my enemies not say that for the safety of her own life
老处♥女♥女王乐于…
a maiden Queen could be content
残害自己的手足
to spill the blood even of her own kinswoman?
人人都会在背后抱怨
I may therefore well complain
男人都会觉得我残忍♥
that any man might think me given to cruelty
而实际我是无辜清白的
wherever I’m so guiltless and so innocent.
而且至今为了我的性命 我不打算动她
Nay I’m so far from it that for mine own life I would not touch her.
我恳求你接收我的感激
I pray you accept my thankfulness,
原谅我的怀疑
excuse my doubtfulness
领会我答复中好的一面 那就是暂无决断
and take in good part my answer, answerless.
陛下 您必须 要决定这件事
Madam, this business must be settled.
上下议院都要求
Both Lords and Commons must needs have it so.
他们对结果很热切 陛下
They are most passionate in this wish, ma’am.
我是不会签署的
I will not sign the warrant.
即便把它放在我面前整整一年
I care not if you lay it before me every day for a whole year
我也不会签署
I tell you I will not sign it.
摆驾去里奇蒙宫
We will remove to our palace at Richmond.
里奇蒙…
Richmond! Vascillation, vascillation…
vascillation!║…
vascillation!
真的是他吗?
Is it really him?
是的 陛下
I think it is, Your Majesty.
在苏格兰女王事件中他支持谁?
On whose side is he in this matter of the Queen of Scotland?
我想他只支持自己
I imagine he is on the side of the Earl of Leicester.
我辜负你了 贝丝
I have failed you, Bess.
形势对我们不利
Things did not go well for us.
我说过什么?
What did I tell you?
你说我是个邻家将军
You said I was a fireside general.
我说对了吗?
And was I right?
你一直都对 贝丝
You’re always right, Bess.
西班牙的帕尔玛公爵十分聪明
The Spanish have a clever general in the Duke of Parma.
现在荷兰公国被他们占领
Now that the States of Holland are theirs,
恐怕不日他们就要大举进攻
I fear they may think the time is right to attack.
你生病了
You are not well.
– 你累了吗? – 我看起来像累吗?
– You are tired? – Am I?
– 坐 – 我十分健康 夫人
– Sit. – I am in the best of health, ma’am.
我能如此凝望你 怎会不好?
How could I be otherwise when I’m looking at you?
莱斯特 我需要你
Well, Leicester, I have need of you.
– 需要我做什么 夫人 – 我的表亲 玛丽
– In what way, ma’am? – Our cousin Mary, of course.
上下两个议院
Both the Lords and Commons
都向我请♥愿♥ 要求处死她
set about me with petitions for her death.
– 我做不到… – 贝丝
– It is not possible for me… – Bess.
我不能欺骗你
I cannot lie to you.
苏格兰女王必须死
The Scottish Queen must die.
这是她的处决书 只需要我签名就生效
There is her death warrant, and all it requires
戴维逊内官
is my signature, Master Davison.
要么承受痛苦 要么被击垮
Suffer or strike,
不就是议会要警告我的内容吗
is that not the message sent to me by the council?
连莱斯特也背叛了我
Even Leicester betrays me.
她的儿子
Her son
要求我承认他合法继承王位
suggests I grant him the succession
来补偿他失去生母之痛楚
to take away the sting of killing the woman who bore him.
真是个孝顺的孩子 不是吗?
Now there’s a son who loves his mother, eh?
这是皇族之后
This is a person of royal blood.
这是我的表亲
This is our father’s sister’s child.
你知道这意味着什么吗 戴维逊
Do you understand what that means, Davison?
这是我的亲眷啊!
This is our cousin.
这个家族真是无可挑剔
And what a pretty thing the family is.
它教会孩子爱和温柔
How it breeds love and tenderness in the child.
它教会我们体贴 诚实 和友爱
How it trains us in sweetness and honesty and affection.
好了 轻而易举

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!