有两次 我和她的距离 不超过一柄剑的长度
I was within a sword’s length of her on two occasions.
安东尼爵士 小声点 求你了
Sir Anthony, speak lower I beseech you.
怎么了 巴拉德神父?
What, Father Ballard?
这里大半人都会为 我们的计划欢呼吧?
Would not half this place applaud our design?
刺杀伊丽莎白 不会被判死刑
To kill Elizabeth will be no murder.
事情终究要干的
– We will… – What we will
但是现在不是时候 安东尼爵士
is not yet decided, Sir Anthony.
我猜想 你是想要找门路 接触苏格兰女王
As I take it, you seek to approach the Queen of Scotland.
玛丽 那个真正的英格兰女王 我说得不错吧?
Mary, the rightful Queen of England, should I say, sir?
看来你什么都知道
It seems you know everything.
你也该知道 我现在有教皇的授权
And you also know I now have the Pope’s authority.
还有一个给西班牙国王的献计
And there are plans for the Spanish King
为了玛丽女王 攻打英格兰
to invade England on Queen Mary’s behalf.
– 时机成熟的时候 – 现在就是机会
– When the occasion is right. – Now is the occasion.
我已经聚集了 一些天主教♥徒♥
I have gathered about me a group of Catholic gentlemen
誓死救出玛丽 抓住伊丽莎白
who have sworn to free Mary and take Queen Elizabeth’s life.
不 我们要杀掉她
No, we will slay her,
等西班牙国王攻打的时候
and then when the King of Spain invades
我们把她的表亲 苏格兰玛丽推上王位
we will place her cousin Mary of Scots on the English throne.
吉福德大人告诉我
Master Gifford tells me
你可以联♥系♥到 西班牙的盟友
you will approach our Spanish friends.
是的
Yes.
我会告知他们你的计划
I will let them know of your design.
祝你愉快 巴宾顿
Good day, Babington.
陛下 安茹公爵薨了
The Duke of Anjou is dead, Your Majesty.
Well…
这真是个悲伤的消息
we are sorry to hear of it.
看样子法国和西班牙 已经达成了和平协议
And so it seems the French have made their peace with Spain.
腓力国王派 帕尔玛公爵攻打荷兰
King Philip has sent the Duke of Parma against the Dutch.
他计划解决那边之后
His plan will be to finish them,
就会将矛头对准英格兰
then move against England.
为此腓力国王 建立了…
To which end King Philip builds an armada…
有史以来最大的舰队
a fleet, the largest ever seen.
有没有好消息?
Is there any good news?
我又感觉到 刀已架到我的脖子上
I feel a knife at my neck once more.
我们的密探发现了 英格兰这里的一个阴谋
Our intelligences have revealed a new conspiracy here in England.
– 安东尼 巴宾顿爵士 – 巴宾顿?
– Sir Anthony Babington. – Babington?
他不仅和西班牙有联♥系♥ 而且还和…
He may have ties not only with the Spanish, but also with…
您的表亲玛丽有牵连
Your cousin Mary,
所谓的苏格兰女王
so-called Queen of Scots.
陛下 我们现在需要的 只是证据
All I require, madam, is the evidence.
艰难的时候
These are hard times.
没人可以交谈 没人可以倾诉
And no one to talk to, no one in whom I can confide.
我要召回莱斯特伯爵
We have recalled the Earl of Leicester.
噢 又是这种拉长脸表情
Oh gentlemen, these long faces you put on.
我渴求愉悦 很奇怪么?
Is it any wonder I crave amusement?
我已经派人召唤莱斯特伯爵 我们会在宫庭相见
I have sent for the Earl of Leicester, and he will come to court
不管你们脸拉多长
no matter how long your faces grow.
再快点 快点 托马斯
Faster, faster, Thomas.
很好
Good.
太棒了
Excellent.
Oh!
告诉我爱情与友情的区别
Tell me the difference between love and friendship.
– 没有区别 – 怎么这么想 我的大人
– There is none. – How do you reckon that, my lord?
恩 比如我们这样手挽手散步
Well, we are here walking arm in arm.
我是被迫结婚的 贝丝
My marriage was forced on me, Bess.
都是因为我不能和你结婚
Since I could not marry you.
但我那时对你的感觉
But what I felt for you then,
现在依然没变
I still feel.
我的情况并无改变 我的大人
And the case is not altered with me, my lord.
我结婚是为了 有一个继承人 贝丝
I married to have an heir, Bess.
我们曾有一个孩子
And we had but one child.
一个儿子
A son.
他活到七岁 就被上帝带走了…
He was but seven years old when God took him from us…
至今…
even this year.
噢 罗宾
Oh, Robin…
上天怎么这样对我们?
what is it the world does to us?
我还保留着他的东西
I have his things still…
他的衣服
his clothes,
他的小盔甲
his little suit of armor.
我不能…
I can’t seem to…
原谅我 陛下
Forgive me, Your Majesty.
我的兄弟莱斯特
Well, Brother Leicester,
你要继续当我的眼睛
you must continue to be my eyes,
因为你看事情很清晰
for you see things so clearly.
我的情况也一样 子嗣代表一切 但我没有
Here too, children is all. For I have none
也就没有继承人 因此野心家们虎视眈眈
and therefore no successor, and the vultures gather.
苏格兰玛丽
Mary of Scots…
或是
or…
法国的玛丽 或是某人的玛丽
Mary of France or Mary of whoever will have her.
如果我杀了我的表亲玛丽 西班牙会宣战
If I kill my cousin Mary then the Spanish will declare war.
但如果我留她性命
But if I leave her alive…
她将被迫来除了你
She will be obliged to kill you…
那就去解救她的灵魂 释放她的肉体吧
to save her soul and free her body.
弗朗西斯·沃辛汉姆也这样说
So says Francis Walsingham.
他详查证据 把玛丽脖子上的圈套收得更紧
He sifts the evidence and draws the trap ever tighter round her.
– 她的亲生儿子也背叛了她 – 怎么会这样?
– Her own son has betrayed her. – How so?
詹姆士六世现在是 英格兰女王的跟班
King James VI of Scotland is now a pensioner of the English crown.
英格兰给苏格兰国王发工钱
England pays the wages of the King of Scotland.
贝丝 你真强大
Bess, you are formidable.
苏格兰女王有点不太满足
The Scottish Queen is little pleased by it.
我真有点想念宫庭密谋了
Oh, I missed Court intrigues.
我听说你计划 军事上帮助荷兰…
I did hear you were planning to help the Dutch
…对抗西班牙
with military aid against the Spanish.
你知道 我渴望为你效力
You know, I’ve longed to serve you.
– 如果荷兰陷落… – 不不不 你不准去 罗宾
– If the Netherlands fall… – No no no. You are not to go, Robin.
你七年不在我身边
I have not had you with me these seven years.
我要你在我身边 活着
I need you here by my side, alive if possible.
几年前 我和玛丽 曾计划要会面
Years ago there was a plan that Mary and I should meet.
多少年过去了 没有进展
It was years and years ago. It came to nothing.
你想要再次进行?
And you wish to revive it.
如果我要见她 那必须是秘密的
If I were to visit her, it would have to be in secret,
宫庭中的所有人 都会反对
for all at court would argue against it.
但 我想这会成功
– But it could be done, I imagine. – Mm-hmm.
所有的阴谋都是 以她为中心
All these conspiracies have her at the center.
为什么我不去劝服她 我的大人?
Why should I not reason with her, my lord?
如果我不能劝阻她
If I cannot dissuade her from the courses she is on
除了杀了她 我还能怎么办?
what else can I do but seek her death,
但那样的话 整个世界 不都会冲着我咆哮?
upon which the whole world will break about my ears?
还来得及改变她
It is not too late to turn her.
告诉我这可行 我要这么做
Oh, tell me that is true, for I would have it so.
贝丝 清晰的头脑 是你的弱点
Bess, you have the great weakness of the clear minded.
你总以为别人想的 和你一样
You believe that other people think like you.
但…
But…
我会去安排的
I will arrange it.
这里就是她监禁的地方
So this is her prison.
看守退下
Stand down the guard, my lord.
– 她在哪儿? – 跟我来
– Where is she? – Follow me.
– 听说她变胖了 – 恩
– I heard she’s grown fat. – Mmm.
除了吃饭睡觉 她也没什么可作
Well, she’s had little else to do but eat and sleep.
还有密谋 陛下
And plot, Your Majesty.
我们想一些充分的理由 来劝服她放弃不理智的想法
Let us hope sweet reason will reason her from her unreason.
我们两个都知道 我的大人
Since we both know, my lord,
其他道路只会把 我的表亲引向死亡
that the other way will lead my sister to her death.
另一方面是与 西班牙的战争
And on the other side of that lies war with Spain…
可惜英格兰还未准备好
for which poor England is ill prepared.
你没通报
You were not announced.
我没来过
I’m not here.
你为何而来?
Why do you come?
是因为好奇么?
Is it curiosity?
来看我被监禁
To witness my confinement?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!