– …我们荒废在跳舞上 – 不要说是荒废 贝丝
…Have wasted dancing. – Don’t say wasted, Bess.
任何一次跳舞都值得一生之等待
Each dance was worth a lifetime’s wait.
不要和他结婚 贝丝 他是个无聊的家伙
Don’t marry him, Bess, he’s a dull fellow.
真遗憾…
It’s a pity…
…她真美
…she is quite pretty.
莱斯特
Leicester.
看看她
Look at her,
像少女一样在痴笑
simpering like a girl.
她还爱着你?
Does she love you still?
可能不爱了
That may change.
我好象怀上了你的孩子
Seems I am carrying your child.
让我们欢迎 优雅的
Give welcome to his Grace,
安茹公爵
the Duke of Anjou.
他是法国王室中最尊贵的一位
He is of the most Royal House of France
我们以优雅的姿态欢迎他的到来
and we graciously receive him here
作为一个这场婚姻的求婚者
as suitor to our hand in marriage.
非常荣幸受到来自英格兰宫廷的欢迎
I am most glad to be welcomed to the English court.
大声点
Louder.
再大声点 你们这些奴才!
Louder, you dogs!
这难道不是你们所想?
Is not this what you wanted?
难道你们不喜欢这位绅士?
Is this gentleman not to your liking?
难道在我喜欢他之前还必须要咨♥询♥你们?
Must I consult you all before I find out whether he is to mine?
公爵殿下
Monsieur, le Duke.
我们为什么还要在这事上 浪费这么多时间 先生们?
Why do we still waste so much time on this matter, gentlemen?
那法国小丑应卷铺盖走人!
The French clown should be sent packing!
莱斯特大人
My Lord of Leicester,
我能提醒您一下么? 我们只是陛下的议会?
may I remind you we are but Her Majesty’s Council?
我们跟随女皇
We follow the Queen.
陛下并未深思熟虑–
Her Majesty doesn’t seriously contemplate…
她接受了公爵 大人
She is taken with the Duke, sir.
我说她已经接受了公爵
– Huh! – I say she is taken with him.
而且我们的国♥家♥安♥全♥ 需要这场联姻
And the security of our nation demands this match.
什么安全?
What security?
与法国联盟 将使我们免受西班牙的攻击
An alliance with France will protect us from Spain.
欧洲的天主教势力–
The Catholic powers in Europe…
是英格兰的天敌
Are the natural enemies of England.
安茹以荷兰新教♥徒♥保护者的名义 侵入了荷兰
Anjou invaded the Netherlands as the protector of the Dutch Protestants.
果真如此?
Ha! Was he though?
大人 我怀疑他的诚意
My lord, I have doubts as to his sincerity.
– 抱歉? – 无论他动机如何…
– I’m sorry? – Whatever his motives…
他为西班牙民众所唾弃
he was thrashed by the Spanish General.
帕尔玛公爵打败了他
The Duke of Parma destroyed him.
他仅仅是利用我们来重夺荷兰
He may simply be using us to regain his lands in Holland.
安全的问题–
The question of the security…
如果我们和法国结盟–
If we forge an alliance with France…
将使我们的信仰 陷入严重的危机
We will put our religion in the gravest of dangers.
弗朗西斯?
Francis?
那个法国人对感情并不认真
The Frenchman is not serious in his affections.
他与女王的婚姻别无他求…
Marriage to our Queen is not something he desires…
只是在扩张他的野心而已
except insofar as it may further his ambitions.
她比他大许多 而且我不认为–
She is far older than him anyway, and I don’t think…
我一定要冲你耳朵打一拳 莱斯特
I’m minded to box your ears, Leicester.
陛下
Your Majesty.
你认为没人会对我们感兴趣?
Do you think no one could be interested in our person?
我们就这么没有吸引力?
Are we so unattractive?
陛下只是年龄增长
Your Majesty is old only in years.
只是?!
Only?!
只是?
Only?
那我为何能在那桌上跳舞
Why I could dash off the points of a dance on that table.
我可以活泼 严肃 放荡
I could be brisk or grave or gay.
我可以像个阿谀奉承者般温顺
I could be as suave as a courtier.
也可以像英格兰枢密院的议员般严厉
Or as sulky as a member of the Privy Council.
女王要比你们梦想中的妻子还要年轻
The Queen is as young as the wives none of you deserve.
我很抱歉 我应该留下…
I am so sorry, I would stay but…
但是安茹公爵在等我共享晚餐
the Duke of Anjou craves my attendance at dinner.
我必须要问你…
I must ask you this…
你会介意我作你的夫君么
are you minded to take me as a husband,
很认真的讲?
in all seriousness?
你在这里的这段日子 我–
You know that during your stay, l…
陛下 我和您一样渴望避免
Ma’am, I am as anxious as you to avoid the tyrannies
信仰上的独♥裁♥
of too much certainty in religion.
但我是天主教♥徒♥
But I am a Catholic.
而这里是新教民众
And this is a Protestant People.
我还没见到针对我个人 公开的敌对情绪 但是–
I have not yet seen open hatred for me, but…
如果这不可行 我会理解的
If it is not possible, I will understand.
我认为您明白
I think you understand
我开始对您持有的感觉
what it is I have begun to feel for you.
我确有感觉 陛下
Indeed I do, ma’am.
确有感觉
Indeed I do.
我们生来拥有同种生活 您和我 伊丽莎白
But we are born to the same life, you and I, Elizabeth,
我们甚至连一举一动都不属于自己
in which even our gestures are not are own.
难道王子没有感觉了?
Does not a prince feel?
难道他没有手 眼 舌 和…
Does he not have hands, eyes, a tongue, and…
被爱的渴求?
a disposition to be loved?
他有 陛下
He does, ma’am.
如果您也有
And if you do,
我们会敢于触怒别人么?
shall we not dare to risk the displeasure of others?
我告诉莱斯特伯爵不能打搅您 但是–
I have asked the Earl of Leicester not to approach Your Majesty, but…
陛下 我–
Your Majesty, l…
您慈悲…
Your Grace…
原谅我 我不知道您在这
forgive me. I had no idea you were here.
但是有些文章 我觉得–
But I have some papers which I felt…
陛下应当看看
Her Majesty should see.
也许是求婚技巧手册?
Instructions in the art of courtship, perhaps?
Hmph.
Hmph.
谁写的?
Who wrote this?
没有署名 陛下
There is no name, ma’am.
我觉得您该看看 既然–
I felt you should see it since…
上面写些什么?
What exactly have they written?
“时光荏苒 …”
“Advancing in years as she is…”
我不知情
Oh, I don’t know.
“…我们的女王不必与一怪人结伴
“…our Queen has no need to tie herself to an odd fellow,
出生法国 公开笃信天主
a Frenchman by birth, by profession a papist,
私下的无神论者
and an atheist in conversation,
肮脏的法国工具–”
an instrument in France of unclean…”
这是对我们王室客人及盟友
This is a most serious insult
最严重的侮辱!
to our royal guest and ally.
等我回到白厅
We shall return to Whitehall
我把那个卑鄙的作者找出来
and we will have the author of this vile rubbish
严厉惩罚他 我向您保证 大人
found an punished. You have my word for it, Monsieur.
而且我们将会缔结婚姻
We shall proceed with this marriage.
把文件准备好
We would have the papers prepared.
你以为你能从中得到什么好处? 大人
What profit did you think to gain by this, my lord?
我…但是
I did but…
带来我不想听的消息
– Bring me news I did not wish to hear.
以致殃及无辜百姓…
Men have been hanged for less.
联姻程序继续 您还满意吗?
We will proceed. This is agreeable?
我正是为此而来 陛下
It is why I am here, madam.
-找出册子的作者 -是 陛下
– Find me the man who wrote this. – Yes, ma’am.
斯塔布斯就是写小册子的人
This fellow Stubbs is the one who wrote the pamphlet.
他就是条狗 我会好好管教我的狗
He is a dog. And I keep my dogs tethered.
他看起来很受尊敬
He seems quite respectable.
人群很安静
The crowd are silent.
英格兰人不喜欢看 示众刑罚?
English do not like public torture?
通常他们喜欢看刑罚消磨整个下午
Usually their preferred way of passing an afternoon.
我那样做是因为热爱女王
I did what I did for love of Her Majesty.
作为英格兰人 我爱她胜过一切
As an Englishman, I love her beyond all else.
我敢于反对 与法国联姻
And if I dared speak against the French marriage
只是为了显示 我们对她的热爱
it was only to show the love we all hold for her person.
如果这砍掉的 是法国的手…
Perhaps they would enjoy it more