What would you like to do?
有什么节目?
I got some ideas.
跟我来
Just reach out in front of you and and take a sip.
伸出手拿着,然后尝一口
Don’t look. There you go.
不要偷看
Well?
嗯
It tastes like a crappy cup of coffee.
好像普通的咖啡
Chuckles no.
不是
It is a crappy cup of coffee.
就是普通的咖啡嘛
No, it’s the world’s best cup of coffee.
是世上最好的咖啡
The trick is to not get your arm caught in the door!
只要不被门夹着手就可以了
Also, never close your eyes’ cause then
也不要闭上眼睛 否则会头晕的
okay, when you feel comfortable, you just jump in!
你觉得好玩就过来吧
Laughing what are you doing?
你在干嘛?
I’m skipping. I’m skipping. I’m skipping.
我在跳跃啊
Wait, wait, wait… one more, one more.
等等,再来
Now, look at the size of this one.
多大的圣诞树啊
Come with me.
跟我来
Watch out. (tires screech
小心
yellow ones don’t stop.
黄灯不能停下来
The yellow ones don’t stop.
黄灯不能停下来
Wow… that’s a big one.
太大了
I’m sorry.
对不起
You missed.
你错过了
What do you mean i missed?
错过什么了?
You missed. Elevator chimes
错过吻我的机会
miles finch.
迈尔斯.芬奇
Miles finch.
迈尔斯.芬奇
Miles finch.
迈尔斯.芬奇
All right, let’s do this.
好了,来吧
Miles, I’m so happy you could come uh…
迈尔斯,真高兴你能前来
taken care of so we can get started here.
该如何说起呢
Here you go.
来吧
Finch: Great.
好的
All right… clears throat
好了
what have you guys got so far?
你们讨论到什么地方了?
Go ahead.
继续吧
Uh…
嗯
we were thinking, uh, something like this, uh…
我们刚才讨论的是
we open on a young tomato.
主角是西红柿
He’s had some tough times down at the farm
它在农场里面受了很多苦
with, you know, a rabbit, and…
然后,出现了兔子
no. No tomatoes…
西红柿
too vulnerable.
过于脆弱了
Kids, they’re already vulnerable.
现在的孩子们已经太娇惯了
No, you see? I… I told you guys.
还不懂?我不是说了吗
I told them the very same thing…
都好几遍了
and no farms.
不需要农场
Every body’s push in’ small town rural.
大家都喜欢用农村作为背景
A farm book would just be white noise.
都变成陈词滥调了
What about this?
这又如何?
Uh, a tri be of asparagus children,
芦笋娃娃部落
but they’re self-conscious about the way their pee smells.
但它们有自知之明
Apparently, all we have is vegetables.
我们都喜欢用蔬菜作为主角
I have no time, so, you know,
我的时间不多了
if you’ve gota story here…
你有什么好的故事
I’ve got about five or six great starts here.
我预备了五六个开头
I’ve got one idea that I’m especially
但其中一个
psyched out of my mind about.
是我觉得最满意的
You know, it’s one of those ideas
就是这样的主意
where you’re just like, uh…
你肯定会喜欢的
yes!
是的
uh, great, c-could we hear it?
能说来听听吗?
I’ll start with the cover. Picture this… you got, uh
我从头说起,这样子的…
dad! I’m in love, I’m in love,
爸爸,我恋爱了
and I don’t care who knows it!
恋爱大过天
Buddy, not now, uh,
巴迪,现在不要捣乱
can you please go back to the… to the pit?
你回到房♥间去
I’ll come and visit you in a little while, okay?
我等下去看你
I didn’t know you had elves working here.
怎么又来了一个精灵了呢?
Oh… boy, you’re… you’re hilarious , my friend.
朋友,你的话真是让人讨厌
He doesn’t, uh… get back to
他不是… 回去吧
the story, please. All right, okay.
请继续讲故事 好了
so, on the cover above the title…
故事的开始…
does Santa know that you left the workshop?
圣诞老人 让你离开工作室了吗?
You know, we’re all laughing our heads off.
你的话真是让人捧腹大笑
Did you have to borrow a reindeer? to get down here?
你借了驯鹿才能下凡了吧?
Buddy… goes back to the basement.
巴迪,回到地下室去
Finch: Hey, jack weed,
嗨,杰克
I get more action in a week
我一周的内做的事情
than you’ve had your entire life.
比你一生做的事情都有意义
I’ve got houses in I. a., Paris, and vial,
我在洛衫矶 巴黎还有威尔都有购♥房♥♥
oh. Each one of them
每所房♥子
with a 70-inchplasma screen.
都配备了70寸的液晶电视
So, I suggest you wipe
所以麻烦你
that stupid smile off your face
收起你那些让人恶心的微笑
before I come over there and smack it off!
否则要你好看
You feelin’ strong, my friend?!
你感情强烈
Call me elf one more time!
再叫我精灵的话
Whispers he’s an angry elf.
他是位愤怒的精灵
Growling looks at you.
看看你
Ow! Hey, what…
嗨
aah!
啊
I wasn’t ready for that.
我还没准备好呢
Aah! Hey, hey, hey!
嗨
Hey, hey, hey! Whoa!
嗨
Ooh…
啊
call me elf one more time!
再叫我一次精灵
Call me elf!
叫啊
You’re an elf.
你就是精灵
miles, I’m sorry, he… he thinks he’s an elf.
迈尔斯,很抱歉 他一直以为自己是精灵
Listen, miles…
听我说
listen, miles! Door slams
迈尔斯
he must be a south pole elf.
他肯定是住在南极的精灵
You get the hell out to here.
给我滚出去
Where do you want me to go?
要我到哪里?
I don’t care where you go.
我不管你到哪里
I don’t care that you’re an elf!
也不管你是否精灵
I don’t care that you’re nuts!
不管你是否笨蛋
I don’t care that you’re my son!
也不承认你是我儿子
Get out of my life now!
你给我永远消失
Emily: Hi, it’s me.
嗨,是我啊
I really can’t talk right now.
暂时没有时间聊
Well, just tell me how the pitch went.
故事发展得怎么样了?
I’m gonna be a little later than I thought, okay?
今晚要迟点回来
Well, don’t be too late, Walter,
不要太晚了
it’s Christmas eve.
今天是圣诞前夕
Walter… waits, um.
沃特,等等
Honey, I got to go, okay? Love ya.
我要走了
Oh, say hi to buddy.
帮我问候巴迪
What? Walter, breakthrough.
怎么了? 沃特,峰回路转啊
We found this in the conference room.
我们在会议室找到这东西
What is it?
什么啊?
It’s miles finch’s notebook.
是迈尔斯.芬奇的笔记本
This thing is chock full of genius ideas.
上面记载着无数的创意
I mean, look at that.
看看吧
And his best idea is about a peach that lives on a farm.
他设想的是用水蜜桃做主角
What’s more vulnerable than a peach?
有什么比水蜜桃 更让人怜爱的呢
What, uh, what do we do?
我们该怎么办?
I think we should go with the first pitch… it’s genius.
我们该马上动手构思故事了
Uh, how much time we got?
还剩多少时间?