刷新了英国
At Garmisch, Germany…
跳台滑雪的纪录
Jumping 34 meters.
勇敢的粉刷工”
Plucky plasterer.”
我爸肯定会喜欢这个绰号♥的
My dad would like that.
皮尔里 这封信上有奥♥运♥五环的标志
Peary, this has got the olympic rings on.
那打开来看看呀 兄弟
Well, it won’t open itself, man.
“我们诚挚的期待
“We request the pleasure of your company
您能来到英国奥林匹克总部”
At the British olympic headquarters.”
我的任务完成了 兄弟 你要靠自己了
My work is done, man. You’re on your way.
敬”飞驰”的艾迪·爱德华兹
“Fast” Eddie Edwards.
– 爱德华兹先生 – 塔吉特先生
– Mr. Edwards. Mr. Target.
我希望您和在座的各位能知道
I just wanted to say to you and to all of you…
这是无上的荣誉
what an honor this is and…
我保证不会让你们和奥♥运♥团队失望
i promise not to let you or the olympic team down.
很好 艾迪 不过…
Yes, that’s very nice, Eddie, but…
出于安全考虑
in the interest of safety
我们已经修改了条列 规定最低距离为
we’ve ratified a minimum distance of…
六十一米
61 meters.
好极了
Great.
“运动员必须在
“Athletes must now have jumped
英国奥♥运♥委员会认可的比赛中
A minimum distance of 61 meters…
距离最少达到六十一米
In a British olympic association
才能获得
Recognized tournament…
代表国家队参加奥♥运♥会的资格”
In order to qualify for the national olympic squad.”
恐怕你这次跳得不够远 孩子
I’m afraid your jump doesn’t count, son.
等一下
Wait, hang on.
我明明已经获得资格了
I’ve already qualified.
实际上 你并没有
Well, technically, you haven’t.
那是因为你们更改了规定
Because you just changed the rules.
国家队出征奥♥运♥会
It costs 4.5 million
成本高达四百五十万
to send a national squad to the Olympics.
政♥府♥给我们这方面的拨款非常有限
The government gives us a mere fraction of that.
你觉得这个差额我们该怎么补呢
How do you think we make up the difference?
电视台
TV.
赞助商
Sponsorship.
这些公♥司♥只愿意
These companies pay
把钱花在 优秀又有成就
to be associated with certain qualities.
有机会获胜的运动员身上
Excellence. Achievements. Victory.
遗憾地是 他们不愿意和荒唐 滑稽
Strangely, they have no desire to be associated
还有失败这些词扯上关系
with ludicrous antics and defeat.
要是跳了六十一米
So, why do I stop being ludicrous
就不荒唐滑稽了吗
if I jump 61 meters?
这个距离
That is the distance
是由安全委员会制定的
ratified by our safety committee.
我个人觉得 标准应该更高
Personally, I’d prefer it to be higher.
或者更长 我也说不准
Or is it longer? I never can tell.
不管怎样
Either way,
我们都不会让业余选手去参加奥♥运♥会的
we will not have amateurs in the Olympics.
我以为奥♥运♥会就是为业余选手举办的
I thought the Olympics was for amateurs.
作为英国首席跳台滑雪运动员
As the premier jumper
以及记录保持者
and the British record holder…
您不觉得 我有资格代表我的国家参赛吗
don’t you think I have a right to represent my country?

No.
您自便吧
You can see yourself out.
什么
What?
英国人真是不可理喻
Ugh. It’s British unausstehliches.
我知道
I know.
参加奥♥运♥会的唯一标准就是
The only way to qualify
在比赛中拿到六十一米的成绩
is to make 61 meters in competition.
所以我现在要去参加欧洲巡回赛了
So I’m gonna go on the European circuit.
有些事说着容易 做着难啊
Man, that’s easier said than done.
我希望你也能来 你愿意帮我吗
Well, I’d need you to come, too. Will you help me?
当然了 小飞侠 为什么不
Sure, fly boy. Why not?
你准备好钱 准备好车 我就去
You get the money, the transport, I’m in.
让我们一起去
Let’s do this.
如果这是现在你的成绩
So, if this is you now…
他们还要你跳多远
how much more are they asking you to jump?
这还不把你吓得尿裤子
That’s you up poo creek.
泰瑞
Terry.
如果我要参加欧洲巡回赛
If I’m gonna go on the European circuit
可能需要筹更多的钱
I’m gonna need to raise some serious cash.
别冲我们要 我们没钱
Yeah, well, don’t ask us, we ain’t got any.
我知道
I know.
那笔买♥♥车的钱呢
What about the money for the Van?
等到明年再买♥♥车不行吗
Can’t that wait till next year?
不 我再也不会
No. I am not spending
在这种破事上 多花一分钱了
any more money on this rubbish.
早晚有一天
It’s a matter of time before
他会坐着轮椅回家的
he walks through that door in a wheelchair.
所以别再惦记这些愚蠢又危险的事情了 孩子
So you’ve gotta stop taking all these stupid risks, son,
回家来 学学刷墙 好吗
and come back and do a little bit of plastering.
你尽力了 这个成绩不错 很棒
You tried your best. Fair play to you. Well done.
但还不够好 不是吗
But it wasn’t good enough, was it?
所以收手吧 把这件事放下吧 彻底放下吧
So it’s got to stop. All this has gotta stop. End of.
好吧
Okay.
快点 儿子 我不想迟到
Come on, son, hurry up. I don’t wanna be late.
你干什么呢
What are you doing?
他要跟我一起去工作
He’s coming to work with me.
– 是吗 – 没错
– Is he? – Yeah, he is.
孩子 快起来
Oi, come on, son, up you get.
听我说
Look…
你♥他♥妈♥在干什么呢
What the hell are you playing at?
我要把车借走几周
I just need to borrow it for a few weeks.
赶紧给我下来 快点
Get out of that Van. Now.
我会好好照顾它的 我保证
I’ll take really good care of it, I promise.
– 谢谢 爱你 – 我可警告你
– Thank you. Love you. – I’m warning you.
喂 给我回来 你个小毛贼
Oi. Come back here! You thieving little git!
你事先知道吗
Did you know about this?
知道
Mmm. Yeah.
你要是知道 我怎么处置了我们的存款
And you’re not gonna like
你肯定会更不高兴的
what I did with our savings, either.
迷途人归来
The wanderer returns, huh?
我妈给我了些钱 我搞定了出行工具
Mum gave me some money and I sorted out the transport.
你说的就是它吗 来吧 咱们去喝一杯
Is that what you call it? Come on, let’s get a drink.
等会
Hang on.
我不想雪落在车座上
I don’t wanna get snow on the seat.
车窗真难用
This window is a bugger.
我觉得他们回绝你是个好事 真的
I think it’s a good thing they turned you down, man. It is.
六十一米是个真正比赛水平的距离
I mean, 61 meters is a genuine distance.
意味着 你必须郑重对待
Means you gotta do this for real.
你说起来简单 你可拿过冠军啊
Well, it’s easy for you to say, you were a champion.
你一直都很棒
You were always really good.
我所待过的所有团队 都不等我有机会
I was kicked off every team I was ever on
证明自己的实力 就把我踢出来了
before I even got a chance to prove myself.
信不信由你
Believe it or not, I do
我能理解被视为一无是处的感受 艾迪
know what it’s like to be written off, Eddie.
当然 我的解决办法就是
Of course, my solution was
喝得伶仃大醉 但…
just to crawl inside the bottle here, but…
我小时候在医院里住了一年
I was in hospital for a year when I was a kid.
膝盖有些问题
Dodgy knees.
所有大夫都说 我该放弃运动
All the doctors said I should give up sport.
多看看书
Take up reading.
我看的第一本书就是
First book I got:
一九七二年奥林匹克官方相册
The official olympic photo album 1972,
荣耀瞬间
moments of glory.
我知道那本书
Yeah, I know it.
不管怎样 就是这本书
Well, anyway, that is the book
让我意识到 我要有属于自己的荣耀瞬间
that made me realize I needed my own moment.
我只能用这种方法 来证明他们都错了
That one thing I could do to prove them all wrong.
你觉得我疯了吗
Do you think I’m mad?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!