谢谢你 佩特拉
Thank you, Petra.
有人吗
Hello?
你们好 各位 我叫艾迪·爱德华兹
Hiya, fellas, I’m Eddie Edwards.
来自英国 天哪 你们全都裸着
I’m Great Britain. Oh god. Nude. Um…
好吧 其实我…
So, basically I…
我刚刚开始练习四十米台
I’ve just started on the 40 meters
也取得了很大的进步
and I’m making solid progress.
但不知我是否能从你们这里
But I just wondered if I could get
获取一些建议和技巧
a few bits of advice and some tips.
你们到底是如何落地的
How do you land, exactly?
你跳台跳了很久了吗
You been jumping long?
从昨天下午开始
Since yesterday afternoon.
我知道 我已经开始练四十米台了 我学得很快
I know, I’m already on the 40. I’m a fast learner.
你多大了
How old are you?
二十二岁
I’m 22.
在挪威 一般从六岁开始
In Norway, the time to be starting jumping
练习跳台滑雪
is when you are six years old.
– 六岁 – 没错
– Six years old. – Yeah.
或者更小
Or younger.
不成 你开始得太晚了 英国人
No. You’re a bit too late, Mr. Britain man.
好吧
Yes, okay.
我要好好考虑一下
Well, there’s a lot to be thinking about there so…
那我先告辞了
I’m gonna just get to it.
好吧
Okay.
英国蠢货
Stupid Englishman
我赌他这周就会摔死
I bet he’s dead by the weekend.
这次来真的了
No messing about this time.
来吧
Let’s do it.
原来你就是那个
So, you’re the mystery elf
悄悄糟践我坡道的神秘小精灵
who’s been hacking up my slope, huh?
都是你摔出来的 而不是拿锄头锄的
Just you? No pickaxe?
你知道 想要练跳台滑雪
You do realize the time to start jumping
应该从五六岁就开始了吧
is when you’re five or six?
谢谢
Thanks.
那帮挪威人已经告诉我了
The Norwegians already told me that.
那他们有没有告诉你 这套行头太搞笑了
Did they also tell you you look ridiculous in that gear?
至少我穿着滑雪服
At least I’m wearing a jacket.
这是我的滑雪服 伙计
This is my jacket, pal.
或许你也该来一件
Maybe you should wear one, too.
不了 我不适合饮酒
No. Drinking doesn’t agree with me.
你也不适合跳台滑雪
Neither does ski-jumping.
好吧 要是我想知道
Yeah, well, when I want advice on
该如何醉醺醺地锄雪
how to drunkenly plow snow,
我会去找你的
I’ll look you up.
千万别去跳七十米台
Don’t even think about doing the 70 meter.
我不想在你摔断脖子后
I don’t want to have to
替你收拾烂摊子
clean up your mess when you break your neck.
随便你
Whatever.
不试试你又怎么知道
What would you know about it, anyway?
从我的坡道上滚开
Get off my slope.
布朗森·皮尔里
Bronson Peary.
1968年美国州际青少年赛冠军
Interstate youth champion 1968.
之后入选沃伦·夏普执教的美国奥♥运♥队
Then the olympic squad under Warren Sharp.
那个沃伦·夏普
The Warren Sharp?
对 伟大的美国教练
Yeah. The great American coach.
皮尔里是他的明星运动员 打破多项纪录
Peary was his star jumper. He broke records.
他是个非常有天赋的跳台运动员
He was really a gifted flyer
风格独树一帜 但是…
with a very special style. But…
他那时太疯狂 你知道吗
he was too crazy, you know?
现在他依旧很疯狂 不过换了个方式
And now he’s just crazy, but in a different way.
布朗森·皮尔里 我为什么从来没听说过他
Bronson Peary. How come I’ve never heard of him?
他们把他除名了
They kicked him out.
为什么
What for?
傲慢自大 不守纪律 醉酒滥交
Arrogance. Bad discipline. Drunkenness. Fornication.
可以说是”彻头彻尾的窝囊废”
What you probably call “Being a total loser.”
就是他了
Definitely him.
佩特拉 能把这本书借我吗
Petra, do you mind if I borrow this?
– 行啊 拿去吧 – 好的 谢谢
– Yeah, take it. – Okay, thanks.
我觉得我们可以聊聊
I just thought we could have a little chat about
我要当奥♥运♥跳台滑雪选手的事
me being an olympic ski-jumper.
你去当芭蕾舞者其实更靠谱
You’ve more chance of being a ballerina than a jumper.
很好笑
Good one.
我只是需要些建议
I was just after a few tips, really.
免费给你个建议 放弃吧
Give up, there’s one for free.
佩特拉告诉我 你曾经代表美国参赛过
Petra told me you used to jump for America.
佩特拉知道的可多了 伙计
Yeah, Petra has a lot of stories, man.
她还给了我那本
She gave me this book, actually,
你以前的教练沃伦·夏普写的书
by your old coach Warren Sharp.
我的夹克呢
Where’s my jacket?
从我记事开始
For as long as I can remember,
成为奥♥运♥选手一直都是我的志向
it has been my ambition to become an olympian.
什么
What?
参加奥♥运♥会
Olympics.
英国没有跳台滑雪队
Britain doesn’t have a ski-jumping team
所以我想…
so I was thinking…
好吧 现在我知道你真是疯了
Okay. Now I know you’re crazy.
我知道 我们的初识算不上多么愉快
Look, I know we didn’t get off to the best of starts…
但你不该在这里修破车
but you shouldn’t be fixing rust-buckets.
你应该当个教练
You should be coaching.
那是1972年的经典款庞蒂克火鸟 伙计
It’s a classic 1972 trans-am, man.
我只是想说 要是我有像你那样的天赋和经验
I’m just saying, if I had your pedigree and experience…
你不会有的 我很忙
Yeah, well you don’t. I’m busy.
好吧 我现在停滞不前
Okay, I’ve plateaued.
没有你的帮助
Without your help,
我觉得我不会有任何进步的
I don’t think I’m gonna get any better.
是吗 好吧 那你就别进步吧
Really? Okay. Well, then you won’t get any better.
好吧
Right.
– 我回头再来找你 – 不必
– I’ll come back later. – Don’t.
真是疯子
What a lunatic.
想知道究竟是怎么跳的吗
Wanna see how it’s really done?
好好看这家伙跳 目前世界排名第二
Watch this guy. Number 2 in the world.
他还是个会滑的 而你根本没任何机会
And he knew what he was doing. You don’t stand a chance.
布朗森
Hi, Bronson.
你真是个伟大的奥♥运♥选手
You truly are a great olympian.
训练期间我只喝牛奶
Always drink milk when I’m in training.
补充钙质 让骨骼更强壮
Calcium. Helps to keep the bones strong.
没错 你怎么看 佩特拉
Right, yeah. What do you think, Petra?
像这样的漂亮小伙子
Good-looking boy like this,
不该一头扎到山里
he shouldn’t be crashing into mountains.
他应该扎到女士的怀抱里
He should be crashing into ladies.
喂 喂 说话注意点
Hey, hey, be nice.
实话说 那从来都不是我的特长
Never really been my specialty if I’m completely honest…
真的吗 真是出乎意料啊 伙计
Really? Never would have guessed, man.
喂 还在寻求建议吗
Hey, you still looking for pointers?
朝那个方向去 就可以滚回英格兰了
It’s that way back to england.
闭嘴
Hey, shut it.
你何不再来一杯
Hey, why don’t you order another one?
他们太无知了 不是吗
They have no idea, do they?
你是铜峰跳雪场第一个
You’re the guy who struck the first
成功完成九十米跳台的人
90 meters at Copper Peak,
当时是1970年的公开比赛中 而且没有逆风
with no headwind, in 1970 opening trials,
他们却以为你只是个老酒鬼
and they think you’re just some old drunk.
谢谢 也许吧
Thanks, I think.
那本沃伦·夏普的书真是内容丰富
You can learn a lot from that Warren Sharp’s book.
你的确下了一番功夫 是吗
You’ve been doing your homework, have you?
我还是开门见山吧
I’ll cut straight to the point.
我明天要一大早起来
I’m gonna be up bright and
迎着晨风去加训
breezy tomorrow morning for some extra training.
不行
No.
老酒鬼居然在教英国佬如何跳雪
So the old drunk is teaching the English how to jump.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!