你只不过是助兴表演
You are nothing but a side-show.
九十米跳台的比赛一旦开始
And the very minute that 90 meter competition starts
你就会被遗忘
you’ll be forgotten.
明白了吗 所以好好享受这片刻浮名吧
Okay? So enjoy your 15 minutes of fame.
你真是直言不讳啊 对吧
Well, don’t hold back, will you.
是你要我说实话的 伙计
You asked for the truth, bud.
你好
Hello.
我都准备好了 到底怎么了
I’ve got everything ready. What’s going on?
不会有事的 我保证
It’s gonna be okay, I promise.
我可能会因为这个惹上大♥麻♥烦的 艾迪
I could get into big trouble for this, Eddie.
– 没事的 – 好
– Be fine. – Okay.
谢谢你
Thank you.
谢谢你们能来
Thank you all for coming.
我没有迷失自我
I’m not deluded.
我知道有很多运动员
I know there are plenty of athletes
比我更值得宣传
more deserving of publicity than me.
如果我的愚蠢举动
And I would like to apologize
遮蔽了他们成就的光芒
if my silly antics have cast a shadow
我为此道歉
over their achievements.
我也知道 在那天
I also know that I was messing around
七十米台比赛后 我是有点瞎胡闹
a little bit after the 70 meter jump the other day.
我当时太激动了
I was very excited.
但我对待跳台滑雪非常认真
But I take jumping very seriously.
事实上 我深爱这项运动
In fact, I love it.
我爱它 就如同我想证明 人们都错解了我
I love it very nearly as much as proving people wrong.
正因如此 我决定参加九十米跳比赛
Which is why I’ve decided to compete in the 90 meters.
什么
What?
等等 我
Wait, I…
我知道 我本来只打算跳七十米台
I know I’d originally only intended to jump the 70 meters.
但是有一个比我更睿智的人说过
But as people much wiser than me say…
如果自轻自贱
competing in the Olympics
参加奥♥运♥会没有任何意义
doesn’t mean anything if you sell yourself short.
我不是来搏出位当丑角的
I didn’t come here as a novelty act.
我也不会带着这样的名声回家
And I will not be going home as one.
谢谢你们的到来
Thank you for your time.
在我们美国西部
Let’s just say in the wild west
我们会在你上跳台之前
we’d be measuring you for your coffin
就给你量身定做好棺材
before you even reach the stairs.
飞鹰艾迪
Eddie “The eagle.”
对啊 这个名头听上去确实不赖
Yeah, it has kind of a ring to it, I guess.
我以为 你觉得我是个傻瓜
I thought you said I was a fool.
是啊 一位老朋友改变了我的看法
Yeah, well, an old friend helped me see things differently.
那毛茸茸的是什么
What’s with the fluff, man?
你出现自信危机了吗
You having a crisis of confidence?
毛茸茸 这是我的唇髭
Fluff? This is a moustache.
你管这叫唇髭吗
Is that what you call it?
是啊 夹克不错
Yeah. Nice jacket.
另外一件去哪里了
What happened to the other one?
我戒了
Well, I got rid of it.
真的
Really?
暂时的
For now.
这里太冷了 让我跟你说
And it’s cold, let me tell you.
你是不是打算说 “我早就告诉过你了”
So is this the bit where you say “I told you so”?
不 这个时候我想说的 要是不喝酒
No, this is where I say that without the booze
我都连跳九十米台的勇气都没有
I wouldn’t even have the guts to do that jump.
作为你的教练 我觉得你疯了
As your coach, I think you’re crazy.
我也不知道我当时在想什么
I don’t know what I was thinking.
但作为你的朋友 我会说 你必须得上
But as your friend, I say you gotta do it.
这是属于你的荣耀瞬间
This is your moment.
我需要先练习一下
I need a practice jump.
你还有什么不知道的吗
What do you need to know you don’t know already?
这比你以前跳过的更高
It’s higher than you’ve jumped before.
你的速度会比以前更快
You’re gonna go faster than you’ve ever gone before.
你会比自己的小脑袋能想象的
You’re gonna fly farther than
飞得更远 但是…
your tiny little brain can handle, but…
但也就只是一次跳跃而已 伙计 很简单
it’s just a jump, man. Simple.
艾迪 听着
Eddie, listen.
相较其他所有的跳台滑雪运动员
You got more dedication, you got more heart and spirit
你具有更大的勇气和决心
than any of those other jumpers out there.
没人比得上你
Any of them.
天哪 我花了六个月
Jesus, I spent six months
来试图摆脱你 哥们
trying to get rid of you, dude.
你就像黏在我鞋底的口香糖 从未放弃
You’re like gum on my shoe, you never gave up.
你现在却要放弃吗 在奥♥运♥会上放弃吗
I mean, are you gonna give up now, at the Olympics?
这是你的荣耀瞬间
This is your moment.
你是飞鹰艾迪啊
You’re Eddie “The eagle,” Man.
我为你骄傲 也为我自己骄傲
Proud of you. I’m proud of myself.
真够谦虚啊 皮尔里
That’s very modest, Peary.
你很清楚 吸烟的危害性
You do realize that smoking cigarettes
要远大于九十米台跳 对吧
is a lot more dangerous than jumping the 90 meters?
九十米 是多少英尺啊
90 meters, what is that in feet?
不知道 大概三百吧 不对 应该是二百九十五英尺
I dunno, about 300. No, actually, it’s about 295.
天哪
Oh, my god.
我希望看台最后一排
I wanna hear you
都能听到你的喊声 好吗 兄弟
at the back of the stands, all right, man?
如果不大声喊出来
Okay, if you’re not yelling it,
说明你没有全情投入
you’re not selling it.
你现在成大红人了 飞鹰侠
You’re quite a popular guy, eagle-man.
每次打开电视就能看见你
Every time you turn on TV you’re there.
是啊 或许你能告诉我们
Yeah. Maybe perhaps you can tell us,
秘诀是什么
what’s the secret?
穿衣服
Clothes.
要在着陆区以下落地
Underneath the landing area making it
比以往更为艰难 也更加危险
harder and more dangerous than usual.
我们能换台看”这是淘汰赛”吗
Can’t we watch it’s a knockout?
如果你换台的话 我就敲死你
I’ll knock you out if you turn that channel over.
记住 这么高的跳台落地会十分困难
Just remember, you’re gonna land really hard on this jump.
你的滑雪板碰到坡面时 你得保持屁♥股♥上翘
When your skis hit the slopes, you gotta keep your butt up.
这下摔得可不轻
Oh! That is a very nasty crash.
不 这下他可凶多吉少了
Oh, no, he won’t be walking away from that.
我看到医护人员已经冲向他了
I can see the paramedics rushing to give him help.
否则你就得去陪他了
Otherwise you’re gonna be joining him.
这或许不会是
Well, that may not be
我们今天目睹的唯一场惨剧…
the only wipe-out we see today…
因为来自英国的”飞鹰”艾迪·爱德华兹
not with Britain’s Eddie “The eagle” Edwards
即将上场
coming up soon.
艾迪的教练正是布朗森·皮尔里
Eddie’s coach is none other than Bronson Peary…
七十年代跳台滑雪的著名”仲永”
fallen whiz-kid of ’70s ski-jumping.
沃伦 如果我没弄错的话
And a former Olympic squad member of yours,
他也是您的前奥♥运♥国家队成员
if I’m not mistaken, Warren.
没错 我们是共事过几年
Well, we spent some years together, yes.
您是如何看待
What do you think about
他这次不同寻常的回归
his unconventional return to the sport?
在跳台滑雪中 有一句名言
In jumping there’s an expression…
“人♥大♥不过山”
“You’re never bigger than the hill.”
形容布朗森·皮尔里再合适不过
And that was Bronson Peary to a tee.
我始终和他有分歧 从而使我们最终分道扬镳
I never could deal with that. It broke us apart…
因为作为一个年轻人 他非常有天赋
because, as a young man, he had such talent.
惊才绝艳 资质绝佳
Technique, flair.
他拥有一切 唯独缺乏纪律性
Everything but discipline.
作为一名运动员
As a jumper he was so disrespectful…
却不尊重这项运动 恐怕他现在作为教练
of the sport that I’m afraid he’s gonna do
也会重蹈覆辙
the same thing now as a coach.
谢谢你 沃伦
Thank you, Warren.
以上是来自沃伦·夏普的犀利点评
Certainly sharp words from Warren Sharp…
不要有压力
No pressure there, then.
我需要我的”夹克”时 却不见了
Where’s my jacket when I need it, huh?
爱德华兹
Edwards!
我就是
I’m Edwards.
– 你没事吧 – 还好
– You all right? – Yeah, fine.