I’m here about directing the Christine Jorgensen picture.
不是克里斯廷·乔真森这部电影了
It ain’t gonna be the Christine Jorgensen story no more.
该死的故事总是翻花样 我又没有权利
Goddam Variety had to print the story before I got the rights.
那女人又在叫上帝了
Now that bitch is asking for the sky.
啊 你们不准备拍电影了
Ah, you’re not gonna make the movie.
不 当然要拍的
No, of course
我预先已经卖♥♥了 阿♥拉♥巴马和俄克拉荷马
I’m gonna make the picture. I already presold Alabama and Oklahoma.
那些受压♥迫♥的俄克拉荷马州民
Those repressed Okies,
还在干那歪曲的 不正当的事情
they go for that twisted, perverted stuff.
没有他我们也能做 我们要把它编成小说
We’ll just do it without the she-male. We’ll fictionalize it.
有剧本吗
Is there a script?
妈的没有 但是有个海报
Fuck no. But, there’s a poster.
它将在9周后在塔尔萨首映
It opens in nine weeks in Tulsa.
好吧 怀斯先生
Well, Mr Weiss,
你也别多考虑了 我替你干
look no further. I’m your man.
我工作又快 又能处理得当
I work fast and I’m a deal.
我能写又能导演 我是最棒的
I write and direct. And I’m good.
在好莱坞我已经有一部作品了
I just did a play in Hollywood and
维克多·克罗莱先生他高度赞扬了它
Victor Crowley himself praised its realism.
这个小镇500个家伙都会说这句话
There’s about 500 guys in this town that can say the same thing.
在电♥话♥里你说你有些特殊的才能
On the phone you said you had some special qualifications?
怀斯先生…
Mr Weiss…
我从来没有告诉任何人…
I have never told anyone…
我想和你说
what I’m about to tell you.
但是 我确实想要这份工作
But I really want this job.
我喜欢穿女人的衣服
I like to dress in women’s clothing.
你是同性恋吗
You’re a fruit?
不 不是这样的
No, not at all.
我爱♥女♥人♥
I love women.
穿她们的衣服让我感觉更靠近她们
Wearing their clothes makes me feel closer to them.
你不是同性恋
You’re not a fruit.
不 我确实是百分百的男人
No, I’m all man.
我甚至参加过摔跤比赛
I even fought in W.W. Two.
是的 在我外套下穿的是女性内衣
Of course, I was wearing women’s undergarments under my uniform.
你在跟我开玩笑
Ya got to be kidding me.
再告诉你 我甚至穿着胸罩和内♥裤♥
Confidentially, I even paratrooped wearing a brassiere and panties.
我要说 我不怕被谋杀
I tell ya, I wasn’t scared of being killed,
但我恐惧受伤
but I was terrified of getting wounded…
我也怕医生发现我的秘密
and having the medics discover my secret.
所以这就是你认为
So you think this qualifies
你能胜任导演一职的地方
you to make my movie?
是的
Yes!
我知道要守住这样一个秘密不容易…
I know what it’s like to live with a secret…
还要担心人们是怎么想你的
and worry about what people are gonna think of ya.
我的女朋友她仍旧
My girlfriend still
不知道为什么她的衣服总是变大
doesn’t know why her sweaters are always stretched out.
埃德 你是个好小伙子
Ed, you seem like a nice kid.
你还是另谋高就吧
Look around you.
我不会雇佣一个只会讲故事的导演
I don’t hire directors with burning desires to tell their stories.
我们就像《锁链女孩》那样制♥作♥电影
I make movies like Chained Girls.
我需要一个有经验的导演
I need someone with experience
能在4天就搞定一部电影 然后还能赚钱
who can shoot a film in four days and make me a profit.
我很抱歉 事实就是这样
I’m sorry. That’s all that matters.
我还能帮你什么吗 年轻人?
Can I get you anything else, kid?
太紧了 我手都弯不起来了
Too constrictive! I can’t even fold my arms.
哦 卢戈西先生
Gee, Mr Lugosi,
我们从来没碰到过这样的问题
I’ve never had any complaints.
我从来没有碰到过这么不舒服的棺材
This is the most uncomfortable coffin I’ve ever been in.
这是假冒货 你们简直是浪费我的时间
Your selection is quite shoddy. You’re wasting my time!
卢戈西先生
Mr Lugosi?
我已经告诉你们了
I told you I don’t want
我不要你们那该死的棺材
anyof your goddam coffins!
不 不 我不是在这工作的
No, no! I don’t work here.
那你是谁 你想干吗
Then who are you? What do you want?
我什么也不想
I don’t want anything.
我是你的死忠影迷
I’m just a really big, big fan.
我看过你所有的电影
I’ve seen all your movies.
卢戈西先生 你为什么要买♥♥棺材
Mr Lugosi, why are you buying a coffin?
我快要死了
I’m planning on dying soon.
不 是的 我要登上另一辆车
No! Yes! I’m embarking on another bus and
去为电影《德古拉》做巡回宣传
truck tour of Dracula.
如果可能的话 10天12个城市
Twelve cities in ten days,if that’s conceivable.
你知道吗 我1938年在波基普西市
Do you know that I saw you perform Dracula
看过你扮演的德古拉
in Poughkeepsie in 1938?
那是部糟糕的作品
That was a terrible production.
伦菲尔德是个酒鬼
Renfield was a drunk!
我觉得它很棒
I thought it was great.
你知道吗 你现实生活中
You know, you’re much scarier in real life
要比电影中亲切的多
than you are in the movie.
谢谢
Thank you.
我曾经守在外面等着你的亲笔签名
I even waited outside to get your autograph,
但你一直不出来
but you never came out.
好吧 我道歉
Well, I apologize.
我在演德古拉这个吸血鬼的时候
When I play Dracula,
我只要装发呆就可以了
I put myself into a trance.
但要恢复过来需要很长段时间
It takes me much time to reemerge.
哦 那是我的车
Oh, there’s my bus. Shit,
我的信♥用♥卡♥呢
where is my transfer?
嘿 你没有车吗
Say, don’t you have a car?
在这个地方我拒绝驾驶
I refuse to drive in this country.
太多疯狂的人了
Too many madmen.
我有车
I’ve got a car.
啊 卢戈西先生 你的人生一定很精彩
Boy, Mr Lugosi, you must lead such an exciting life.
你下一部影片什么时候完成
When is your next picture coming out?
我不再拍电影了
I have no next picture.
开玩笑
You gotta be jokin’.
像你这样的大明星
A great star like you,
一定有一堆的电影等着你
you must have dozens of’em lined up.
以前是这样 是的
Back in the old days, yes.
但现在 没有人理会我
But now, no one gives two fucks for Bela.
-但你还是个大明星 -不再是了
-But you’re a big star. -No more.
我已经4年不工作了
I haven’t worked in four years.
这个工作 这个城镇都令你作呕
This business, this town, it chews you up, then spits you out.
我只是个没用的人 右转
I’m just an ex-bogeyman. Make a right.
他们不再需要恐怖片了
They don’t want the classic horror films any more.
现在 都是些虫子
Today, it’s all giant bugs.
大型蜘蛛 大型蝗虫
Giant spiders, giant grasshoppers.
谁会相信这些废话
Who would believe such nonsense?
那些老片其实更恐怖一些
The old ones were much spookier
有城♥堡♥和满月
they had castles and full moons.
那是虚构的
They were mythic.
-那些都很诗意 -是的
-They had a poetry to them. -Yes.
你还知道其它的吗 女人…
And you know what else? The women…
女人们喜欢传统的妖怪
The women prefer the traditional monsters.
女人 是啊
The women. Huh.
真正的恐怖 它既能令人们感到厌恶
The pure horror, it both repels
又同时能吸引他们
and attracts them.
因为在他们无意识状态下…
Because in their collective unconsciousness…
对于分娩 他们感到极大的痛苦
they have the agony of childbirth.
血…血是恐怖的
The blood…The blood is horror.
你知道 我从没听说过这些
You know,I never thought of that.
记住我的话
Take my word for it.
如果你想带位年轻的女士试试看的话…
If you want to make outwith a young lady…
带她去看《德古拉》
you take her to see Dracula.
哦 真糟糕
Eh, what a mess.
到上个月 我的妻子已经离开我20年了
My wife of 20 years left me last month.
我实在不善于管理家务
I’m not much of a housekeeper.
好拉 我来了
All right, I’m coming.
亲爱的 给你喂东西
I’ll feed you, my darlings.
我想我要走了
I’d better get going.
也许什么时候我们还能碰面 卢戈西先生

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!