Oh, I’m always getting you more potatoes.
这是我的梦想 真正的美式感恩节
It’s my dream, a real American Thanksgiving.
和我们的莉兹告别的完美方式
The perfect way to say goodbye to our Liz.

So…
-你这周就走了 -是的
– You leave this week, huh? – Yes.
你去哪 伊朗吗
And where are you going? Iran?
印度
India.
莉兹今晚给我们做一顿美式大餐
Liz is making us an American meal tonight.
-你没结婚 对吧 -没有
– You are not married, yeah? – No.
你朋友怎么回事 她是同性恋吗
What’s wrong with your friend, is she a lesbian?
不是 妈妈 她不是同性恋
No, mama, she’s not a lesbian.
而且她能听懂意大利语
And she understands ltalian.
在地球的另一端 她怎么才能
How’s she going to find another husband and start a family…
找到下一任丈夫 组建家庭
when she’s on the other side of the world?
如果男人说 我要旅行
If a man said, “I’m going to travel for
一年 认识各种各样的人
a year and meet wonderful people….”
可她不是男人
But she’s not a man.
对女人来说 要觉得自己有选择的权利
It’s more difficult for a woman to feel
难上加难
that she has the right to make choices.
-需要很大的勇气 -没错
– It takes a lot of courage. – Exactly.
你说是勇气 我说是傻气
You call it courage, I call it stupidity.
妈妈 别说了
Mama, enough.
我知道一堆人都同意你的观点
I know a number of people who would agree with you.
卢卡
Luca?
火鸡什么时候能准备好
What time will the turkey be ready?
火鸡
The turkey….
我还没解冻呢
I haven’t defrosted it yet.
妈的
Oh, shit.
你只有一件事要做 还搞砸了
You only had one thing to do and you screwed it up.
我走神了 这太正常了
I was distracted! It can happen!
有这么多好吃的
Too much good food!
这么多女人
Too many women!
我就把火鸡忘了
And I forgot!
我们吃之前 每个人
Now, before we eat, everyone…
这是感恩节 我们要感恩
it is Thanksgiving, so let us give thanks.
-好 来吧 拉起手来 -好
– Yeah. Come on, join hands. – Okay.
我们只要说 我们
So we just say what we….
我们为了什么感谢上帝
What we thank God for tonight.
苏菲 从你开始怎么样
Sofi, why don’t you start?
我因为你而感激 莉兹
I am grateful for you, liz…
你帮我热爱生活
for helping me appreciate life…
以及这种热爱带来的一切
with all that comes with it…
游泳圈和不开心的日子
muffin tops and bad times.
还有感谢乔凡尼
and for Giovanni…
让我感到
for making me feel…
被爱 充满安全感
loved and secure.
该朱利奥了
And Giulio.
我 我感谢我美满的家庭
Me, I’m grateful for my beautiful family.
我的两个女儿和我的妻子
My two little daughters and my wife.
我要谢谢主和圣母
I thank God and the Holy Virgin…
赐予我这个非常 非常特殊的一天
for this very, very special day.
还有这个美满的家庭
And for this beautiful family…
今天尤其庞大
that today is so much bigger.
非常庞大
Very much bigger.
为了这种新的庆祝习俗
I thank you all for
我谢谢你们所有人
this new custom of celebration.
还有莉兹的填馅劳动
And Liz’s stuffing…
还有谢谢上帝
and God…
赐予我性感魅力
for my sexiness.
你呢 鲁菲纳
And you, Ruffina?
我感谢主 赐予我性感魅力
I thank God for my sexiness.
继续 乔凡尼
Go ahead. Giovanni.
我要谢谢主
I thank God for…
赐予我恐惧
fear…
因为人生第一次
because for the first time…
我害怕坐在我身旁这个人
I’m afraid the person next to me…
想要离去
will be the one who wants to leave.
莉兹呢
Liz?
这一切都让我觉得感激
Well, this all makes me so grateful.
和你们这些快乐的人在一起
Seeing all you happy people…
你们懂得爱彼此 照顾彼此
who know how to love each other and take care of each other.
看着这个我欣赏的 了不起的女人
I look at the amazing women I’ve met who I admire so much…
还有这些了不起的男人 照顾他的女人
and the great men, taking care of their women…
哄孩子上♥床♥睡觉
and putting their children to bed.
我很开心
I just feel happy…
因为能目睹这一切 并成为它的一部分
to see it and to be part of it.
我是世界上最幸运的女孩
I’m the luckiest girl in the world.
不错的早餐吧
It’s a good breakfast, huh?
我把行李拿到你房♥间去
I will take this to your room.
已经开始了
It has already started.
-我睡着了 -是啊 真遗憾
– I fell asleep. – Yeah. Pity.
也许世界上唯一一个
Probably the only person in the world
在冥想中睡着的人就是你
who ever fell asleep during meditation.
-这通向冥想园 -古鲁在吗
– This leads to the meditation garden. – Is the Guru here?
她一直都在
She’s always here.
我知道 但她是在这吗
I know, but is she “here” here?
她在纽约的修行所呢
She’s at her ashram in New York.
可是我是从纽约到这来见她的
But l came from New York to see her here.
听起来像是她的小诡计
Sounds like one of her little tricks.
修行洞
The meditation cave.
一周七天全天开放 还带空调
It’s open 24/7 and it’s air-conditioned.
科瑞拉
Corella?
这是莉兹·吉尔伯特
This is Liz Gilbert.
你好 很高兴认识你
Hi. Nice to meet you.
我在沉默
你从哪搞到那牌子的
Where did you get that button?
书店有卖♥♥
They sell them in the bookstore.
这正是我要的 我需要
That is exactly what I need. I need…
这样的东西 我不倾听
something like that. Because I don’t listen.
我从来不
I never have.
我妈以前叫我叽叽喳喳小姐
My mom used to call me little Miss chatty cathy…
因为我喜欢唠叨 我是唠叨鬼
because I just ramble. I am a rambler.
我现在就在唠叨了 对不起
I am rambling now. I’m sorry.
沉默是一种美妙的精神训练
Silence is a wonderful spiritual practice…
但如果科瑞拉能说话 她会
but if Corella could speak, she’d tell you
告诉你这比看起来困难
it’s more challenging than it looks.
-你可能要过一段时间再试 -好
– You may wannt wait till you’ve been here for a while. – Okay.
谢谢 科瑞拉 我会转达给她的
Thank you, Corella. I’ll be sure to tell her.
-她说什么 -不知道
– What did she say? – No idea.
换上你的工作服
Why don’t you change into your work clothes.
我带你去歇瓦[无私服务]
I’ll take you to your Seva.
这是印度语 无私的奉献工作
It’s a hindu word for “selfless devotional work.”
-这的每个人都要做 -好 谢谢
– It’s required of everyone who stays here. – Okay. Thank you.
这世界上还有什么
Is there anything in this world
比印度小男孩更苗条吗
skinnier than an lndian teenage boy?
-我是图丝 -我是莉兹
– I’m Tulsi. – Liz.
你从哪来
Where are you from?
邻镇 我父母在这
The next town. My parents have been
为导师工作好多年了
devotees of the Guru for many years.
我们在这过了很长时间
We spend a lot of time here.
但是
But…
他们想把我嫁掉 这是习俗
they are trying to marry me off. That’s the custom.
-你不想这样 -绝对不想 糟透了
– That’s not what you want? – No way. It sucks.
我想学心理 就像我们的
I want to study psychology, just as our
导师在大学学的那种
Guru did when she attended college.
比起同龄男孩 我更想和神在一起
I prefer to be with god than boys my age.
我家里没人理解我为什么到印度来
No one in my family understands my coming all the way to India.
你有没有过这种想法
Do you ever look at them and wonder,
我到底在这个家里干嘛
“What am I doing in this family?”
你绝对想象不到
You have no idea.
古鲁梵歌♥是古老的诗篇
The Gurugita is an ancient text

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!