I’ll take it.
好 明智之选
Good. You chose well.
卡布其诺
Cappuccino.
-这就跟动物园似的 -我的意大利语很差
– lt’s a zoo in here. – And my ltalian sucks.
-你来这儿多久了 -两周 你呢
– How long have you been here? – Two weeks. You?
六周 你会适应的
Six weeks. You’ll get better.
两杯卡布其诺 谢谢
Two cappuccinos, please.
这次要温牛奶
And warm the milk this time.
昨天牛奶太热都烫到我舌头了
Yesterday it was too hot and burned my tongue.
-你喜欢千层酥点心吗 -当然
– You like napoleons? -Of course.
两个千层酥点心 谢谢
And two napoleons, please.
你的意大利语真厉害
Your italian is fantastic.
我有个很棒的个人老师
I have a wonderful tutor.
我可以给你他电♥话♥如果你需要
I’ll give you his number if you like.
-他真的很不错并且他在找工作 -好极了
– He’s really good and he needs work. – Oh, great.
你是荷兰人吗还是德国人
Are you Dutch? German?
瑞典人 更靠北 如果你有那个概念
Swedish. Even colder people, if you can imagine.
-我是莉兹 -苏菲
– I’m Liz, by the way. – Sofi.
是过去时
It’s past.
太快了 但是还可以
Too fast, but okay.

Yeah.
多优美的一个词啊
What a beautiful word.
没什么 它就是”我们过街吧” 很普通
Come on, it’s “let’s cross over.” it’s so ordinary.
不 那是种意大利语♥音♥的完美组合
No, it’s the perfect combination of Italian sounds.
有着惆怅的”ah” 起伏的颤音
It’s the wistful “ah,” the rolling trill,
舒缓的”ess”
the soothing “ess.”
-这倒是真的 -我喜欢
– That’s true. – l love it.
那好 我来教你个词
All right, let me teach you a word.
治疗师
Therapist.
-得了吧 -你得学点儿幽默感
– Come on. – Good. You gotta learn humor.
-才不是呢 -来吧 干杯
– lt’s not. – Come on. Cheers.
-我们周二五点继续吗 -好的
– Shall we continue Tuesday at 5? – Yes.
-换另一瓶酒治疗吗 -当然
– With another bottle of the therapy? – Of course.
-你学的很好 莉兹 -谢谢
– You’re doing very well, Liz. – Thank you.
你肯定觉得自己很有成就感
And you must be very polite with yourself…
当你学到什么新的东西时
…when you learn something new.
没错 谢谢[意大利语] 我同意
Yes. Grazie, I agree.
但你的英语–你怎么做到的
But your English– how are you even
想现在这样和我说话
talking to me like this right now?
我想你要多教我一点了 要比我教你的多
I think you’re gonna teach me more than I teach you.
你的意大利语很棒 非常好
You have good Italian. Very good.
好吧
All right.
我很孤独
I am alone.
我很有负罪感 我在罗马都待了三个星期了
I feel so guilty. I’ve been in Rome for three weeks…
我所做的就是学意大利语和吃东西
…all I’ve done is learn a few Italian words and eat.
你有负罪感 因为你是美国人
You feel guilty because you’re American.
你不懂如何让自己享受生活
You don’t know how to enjoy yourself.
-你说什么 -是真的
– I beg your pardon? – It’s true.
美国人懂娱乐 但不懂享乐
Americans know entertainment, but don’t know pleasure.
顺便说一句
This is Luca Spaghetti,
他是卢卡·斯帕盖蒂
by the way, you know.
你叫卢卡·斯帕盖蒂吗
Your name is Luca Spaghetti?
没错 这就是我的家姓
Yes, that’s what our family is called.
我们自己发明的 我是认真的 听我说
We invented it. I’m serious. Listen to me.
想知道你的毛病吗 美国人
You want to know your problem? Americans.
你们工作太辛苦了 都精疲力竭了
You work too hard. You get burned out.
然后你回到家 穿着睡衣
Then you come home and spend the whole weekend
坐在电视机前度过整个周末
in your pajamas in front of the TV.
这说的倒是不假
That’s not far off, actually.
但你们不懂享乐
But you don’t know pleasure.
你们应该知道你们理应如此
You have to be told you’ve earned it.
你看广♥告♥上说
You see a commercial that says,
“米乐时间到”[知名酸奶品牌]
“It’s Miller time”…
然后你说”没错 我要去买♥♥个六盒装的”
and you say, “that’s right. Now I will go to buy a six-pack.”
你喝了酸奶第二天醒来
And drink the whole thing and wake up the next morning
感觉还是一样糟
and you feel terrible.
但意大利人不需要被告知
But an Italian doesn’t need to be told.
他走着旁边有标记显示”你今天该休息了”
He walks by a sign that says, “you deserve a break today”…
那他会说”是的 我知道”
and he says, “yeah, l know.
因此我决定中午的时候休息一下
That’s why I’m planning on taking a break at noon…
去你家睡你老婆”
to go over to your house and sleep with your wife.”
我们管这叫”闲暇之乐”
We call it “dolce far niente.”
它是说无所事事的那种娴静 我们最擅长了
It means…the sweetness of doing nothing. We are masters of it.
他说的没错 他说…
He’s right. He says…
不能那样学意大利语
you can’t learn Italian like this.
说一种语♥音♥你不仅要用的嘴
You don’t speak the language just with your mouth,
你还要用你的手
speak it with your hands.
像这样吗
Like this?
算了 那是叫喊呢
Okay. It’s yelling.
“这顿饭棒极了”
‘That meal was excellent’
“糟透了”
‘Suck it’
所有这些让我胃抽筋
All this gives me a stomachache.
“去你的”
‘Screw you’
-我想那是我邻居洛伦索
– l think that’s my neighbor Lorenzo.
另外一种说”去你的”的方法
Another way to say ‘screw you’
无论如何 一开始我要说
So anyway, to start off l’d say….
打扰一下
Excuse me.
过来一下
Come here.
我们这桌要… 一大盘洋蓟
For the table…a big platter of artichoke alla giudia…
意大利熏火腿配甜瓜
prosciutto with melon…
茄子配熏乳酪
and eggplant with ricotta affumicata.
还要白汁培根意粉
Then spaghetti alla carbonara…
兔肉宽面
pappardelle with ragu of rabbit…
还有蛤蜊扁面
and linguini with clams.
罗马式牛肚
Then tripe alla romana…
和意式煎小牛肉火腿卷
and saltimbocca.
再要两升冈扎诺散装酒
And two more liters of the vino sfuso from Genzano.
谢谢
Thank you.
你成功了 真棒
You did it. Wow, yes.
莉兹·吉尔伯特 你已经成为罗马女人了
Liz Gilbert, you are a Roman woman now.
没有 有名无实而已
No, only honorary.
那才是真正的罗马女人
That is a real Roman woman.
是啊 有一堆外国朋友的罗马女人
Yeah, with a lot of international friends.
那块肉 我肯定一口吃掉
That one, I’d bite.
可能你和罗马词汇不同
Maybe you and Rome just have different words.
-词汇不同 -是啊
– Different words? – Yeah.
嗯 如果仔细想想的话
Yeah. It’s like each city has a word,
似乎每个城市都有个专门的词汇
if you really think about it.
比如说 伦敦的词是什么
Like, what is the word for London?
-我觉得是乏味 -我同意
– l would say “stuffy.” – l would agree with that.
斯德哥尔摩呢
What’s the word for Stockholm?
开什么玩笑 肯定是适宜
Are you kidding? “Conform.”
纽约呢
And New York?
野心勃勃 或者 脏兮兮
“Ambition” or “Soot.”
罗马的词是什么
What’s the word for Rome?
有点难说
It’s kind of difficult to think about.
很经典的
It’s classic.
色情
“sex.”
没错
Of course.
那你的那个词是什么 莉兹
So, what’s your word, Liz?
我很好奇 想不出来
I’m curious. I can’t figure it out.
也许是
It might be….
最开始是女儿 我是个不错的女儿
It started as “daughter.” I was good at that.
然后
And then…
妻子 这个我做得不怎么样
“wife.” Not so good.
女朋友
“Girlfriend.”
不怎么样
Not so good.
我的词是 作家
My word’s “writer.”
是 但这是你的职业
Yeah, but that’s what you do.
而不是你是谁 对吧
That isn’t who you are, no?
也许你是个正在寻找自己那个词的女人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!