我有个朋友 叫黛博拉 是名心理学家
I have a friend, Deborah, a psychologist…
费城当局曾邀请她
who was asked by the city of Philadelphia…
给刚来这座城市的
if she could offer psychological…
柬埔寨裔海上难民
counseling to Cambodian refugees…
提供义工心理辅♥导♥
boat people, who had recently arrived in the city.
黛博拉对此感到畏惧 因为这些柬埔寨人
Deborah was daunted by the task. These Cambodians…
遭受过最惨的际遇 大屠♥杀♥ 饥荒
had suffered genocide, starvation,
眼睁睁看着亲人遭杀害
relatives murdered before their eyes…
常年住在难民营 甘冒危险乘船前往西方
years in refugee camps, harrowing boat trips to the west.
她怎么能理解他们的感受
How could she relate to their suffering?
又谈何帮助呢
How could she help these people?
大家猜猜这些人都会给我的朋友
So guess what all these people wanted to talk about…
心理学家黛博拉谈些什么
with my friend Deborah, the psychologist.
几乎都是 我在难民营遇见了这个男人
It was all, “I met this guy in the refugee camp.
本以为他真爱我
I thought he really loved me,
但分手后
but when we got separated…
他却和我表妹好上了
he took up with my cousin.
而现在又说爱的是我
Now he says he loves me…
还一直给我打电♥话♥
and keeps calling me.
他们现在结婚了 我该怎么办
They’re married now. What should I do?”
我还爱着他
I still love him.
这就是我们的真♥相♥
This is how we are.
有什么事吗
May I help you?
我叫莉兹·吉尔伯特 在写一篇有关巴厘岛的文章
I’m Liz Gilbert. I’m writing a magazine article on Bali.
我想见一名巫医
I wanted to meet a medicine man.
大家都建议我来见老四赖爷
Everyone said I should meet Ketut Liyer.
他是住在这里吗
Am I in the right place?
等一下
Wait.
我马上就会见到这位传承到第九代的巫医
I mean, here I am with a ninth-generation medicine man…
该问他什么呢
and what do I wanna ask him about?
如何离上帝更近
Getting closer to God?
如何拯救全世界的饥饿儿童
Saving the world’s starving children?
很高兴见到你 我是老四赖爷
Happy to see you. I am Ketut Liyer.
不 我只想和他谈论我的婚姻
Nope. I wanna discuss my relationship.
你是个世界的旅人
You are a world traveler.
你会活很久
You will live a long time…
有许多朋友 经历丰富
have many friends, many experiences.
你这辈子会有两次婚姻 一长一短
You will have two marriages. One long, one short.
我现在的婚姻是长是短
Am I in the long one or the short one?
天机不可泄露
Can’t tell.
还有你会失去所有金钱
Also you will lose all your money.
我想就在接下来的六到十个月
I think in next six to ten months.
别担心 你会再拿回来的
Don’t worry. You will get it all back again.
还有 你会重回巴厘
And you will come back to Bali…
并在这里待上三四个月
and live here for three or four months
教我英语
and teach me English.
从没有人能跟我练习英语
I never had anybody to practice my English with.
然后
And then…
我就会把我知道的一切教给你
I will teach you everything I know.
等等
Wait.
给你这个
I have this for you.
坚定地踩在地上 就像你有四条腿
Keep grounded so it’s like you have four legs.
这样 你才能待在这个世上
That way, you can stay in this world.
还有 不要用脑袋看世界
Also, no looking at world through your head.
而是用你的心
Look through your heart instead.
如此才可能了解神
That way, you will know God,
这就是你来此的原因 不是吗
which is why you came here, no?
再见 钝吻鳄
See you later, alligator.
六个月后
我校对了我妻子的所有手稿
I proofread all of her manuscripts.
她真的非常非常棒
My wife is very, very beautiful,
但实在不敢恭维她的拼写
but she can’t spell for anything.
史蒂芬叔叔
Look at uncle Stephen.
莉兹婶婶
And auntie Liz.
我煎熬地期待派对快点结束
I’m counting the minutes for this party to be
这样我就能钻进宽松的大号♥睡裤里
over so l can get in my big girl pants.
你看上去棒极了 一点也不像刚生了小孩
You look fantastic. You just had a baby.
你说谎 我胖了 而且筋疲力尽
You’re lying. I’m fat. I’m exhausted.
我只有一个感觉 我就是丽莎·明妮莉
I can’t keep two thoughts. I feel like Liza Minnelli.
史蒂芬 能抱会杰克吗
Stephen, can you hold Jack?
-介绍你认识沃尔特 -好的
– I’m gonna introduce you to Walter. – Yeah.
老兄 想来杯啤酒什么的吗
Dude, you wanna grab a beer or something?
我的新书会在四月出版 谢谢关心
My new book comes out in April. Thank you for asking.
-很好 -是五月
– Great. – May.
对 是五月 五月
May. May.
这是安德烈 你们俩是《时代》杂♥志♥的
This is Andre. You two are times’
最佳名人候选人
most notable nominees.
很高兴终于见到你了
So glad to finally meet you.
很高兴终于见到你了
Nice to finally meet you.
我喂过他玉米脆饼了 没问题吧
I fed him nachos. Is that bad?
你看起来很舒服
You look comfortable.
你喂他吃什么 三氯甲烷吗[麻醉剂]
What’d you feed him, chloroform?
-来让你♥爸♥爸抱吧 -我说了 玉米脆饼
– Give him to his dad. – I told you, nachos.
如果我那样拉一通的话 我也会睡那么香
Know what? I’d be asleep too if l had a dump like that.
-到妈妈那里去吧 -来吧
– We’ll give him to his mom. – Come here then.
-想帮我换尿布吗 -好的
– Wanna help me change his diaper? – Yes, I do.
古董车销♥售♥怎么样
How’s the vintage car thing going?
不 不 不 我换工作了 现在是糕点师
No, no, no. I changed jobs. I’m a pastry chef now.
-你是面包师♥傅♥了 -对
– You mean you’re a baker. – Yeah.
你想被烤吗
You wanna get baked?
妈妈知道
I know, I know.
很不舒服 是不是
It’s hard, isn’t it?
不 这很有趣的
No. This is so much fun.
还记得你想生孩子的那一瞬间吗
Did you know the exact moment you wanted to have a baby?
不记得了 但是在我结婚之前
I can’t remember, but I’ve had the
就有一个箱子
box since before I got married.
什么箱子
What box?
有点幼稚 真尴尬啊
It’s girly and embarrassing, and
如果告诉你 你会笑话我的
you’ll laugh at me if I tell you.
我会笑话你 不过你还是得告诉我
I will laugh at you, but you still have to tell me.
好吧
Come on.
床下面
Under the bed.
里面装满了宝宝的东西
I’ve been filling it with baby things…
一直等到安迪准备好做父亲
waiting until Andy was ready to be a father.
真温馨
So sweet.
这条我都能穿得下吧
Does this come in my size?
我也有个这样的箱子 不过里面
I have a box just like this, except it’s
装满了《国家地理》
filled with National Geographics…
和《时代》的旅游版面
and the Times travel section.
都是我死之前想去的地方
All the places I wanna see before I die.
莉兹 生孩子就像在脸上刺青
Liz, having a baby is like getting a tattoo on your face.
做之前一定得确定你想这么做
You kind of wanna be fully committed.
我下周去阿鲁巴岛
So my trip to Aruba next week,
只是写最基本的游记 比如
which is just a basic, you know…
“去哪睡觉 游泳 品尝美食”之类的
“where to sleep, swim and stuff your face” piece….
我买♥♥了新的比基尼
I got a new bikini.
不过我刚知道 可以无限制享受酒店小冰箱里的食物
And it turns out, I have unlimited minibar access.
-知道说明什么吗 -时差综合症
– You know what that means? – Jet lag?
你和我
You, me…
尽情享用澳洲坚果
macadamia nuts.
真可爱
That was cute.
你知道我在聚会上跟谁聊天
You know who I was talking to at the
他真的让我挺佩服的
party who was really inspiring…
-塔拉的朋友 -布莱恩
– …was Tara’s friend. – Brian.
布莱恩 不可思议 他是个老师 你知道吗
Brian. Unbelievable. He’s a teacher, you know that?
是代课老师 不是吗
He’s a substitute teacher, isn’t he?
对 他谈到了
Yeah. He was talking about the
教育费用预算的缩减
budget cuts that are happening right now.
学校几乎一分钱也没有了
There’s no money for anything.
取消了音乐课 艺术课
There’s no music classes, there’s no arts classes.
他们放学后志愿给孩子们补习

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!