我想把酒还给你们
I wanted to give you this back.
我不喝酒 也许你们会想喝
I won’t drink it, and I thought you might want it.
谢谢 你真好
Oh, thank you. That’s nice of you.
没什么 如果要我帮忙 尽管说就是
All right, if there’s anything I can do for you, let me know.
有一件事
There is one thing.
对不起 我什么都没听到
Yeah, I’m sorry, I don’t hear anything.
可那很明显
It was very distinctive.
水管梆梆梆梆地响
The pipes went bang-bang-bangity-bang-bang.
梆 梆
Bang! Bang!
现在不再响了
Well, they’re not doing that anymore,
也许是停了 不过 这样好了
or it stopped, so, I’ll tell you what, though.
如果你再听到就来找我 我会来听听
If you hear it again, come get me. I’ll take a listen.
那好吧 一言为定
Oh, all right then. It’s a deal.
阿伦 好孩子 我想知道
Ooh, Alan, dear boy, I wonder…
阿历克斯 – 什么
Alex. – Pardon?
阿历克斯 我叫阿历克斯
Alex. My name’s Alex.
我知道
I know.
我想你说的是”阿伦”
No, I think you said “Alan.”
哦 不 我可不这么想
Oh, no, I don’t think so.
我不会忘记名字
I don’t forget names.
你能帮我提一下垃圾吗
Could you give me a hand with the garbage?
我们不想喂老鼠
We don’t want to be feeding the mice.
老天 你拿我的内♥裤♥干什么
What in heaven’s name are you doing with me drawers?
那么 我可以把校样的摘引移过去一点
Now, I would move the pull quote just a teeny bit
这样就有空间把文本挤进去
so that you’ll have room to squeeze in the text.
你真会腾空间 南茜
You’re such a good squeezer, Nancy.
那是因为昨天之前
That’s because, until yesterday,
我都是住在一间婴儿室里
I lived in an apartment the size of a small child.
但看看这个新家
But look at the new place.
哦 我的天
Oh, my God!
漂亮吧 – 当然
Isn’t it gorgeous? – Yes.
里面有诸如起居室 客厅
There’s, like, this living room/parlor area.
南茜 “名人事件”页面做好没有
Nancy, did you finish the “Celebrity Scene” page?
哦 在撕门票
Oh, tickety-boo.
什么意思
I don’t know what that means.
意思是很快就好
It means you’ll have it soon.
既然是这个意思
Well, if you mean I’ll have it soon,
你干嘛直接说呢
why don’t you say I’ll have it soon?
不管谁听到”在撕门票”都会一头雾水
“Tickety-boo” is just confusing for everybody.
皮博迪先生 你怎么在那
Oh, Mr. Peabody. How did that get in there?
阿历克斯
Alex?
阿历克斯
Alex?

Hey.

Hi!
工作怎么样
Hi. How was work?
赫尔曼又发神经了 象往常一样
Oh, Herman’s freaking out, as usual.
你在打瞌睡
Were you napping?
没有 我刚才在整理我的藏书
No, I was just rearranging my book collection.
摸黑
In the dark?
然后合了合眼
And then I closed my eyes for a second.
思考 你知道的 这是晚餐吗
Just to think, and, you know. Is this dinner?
你的书怎么样了
Mm-hmm. So, how was your nook?
有没有写他个五六百万页
Did you get, like, five or six million pages written?
该说是五六个字 – 是怎么回事
More like five or six words.
我们楼上的邻居让我替她打了一整天零工
Our upstairs neighbor had me doing chores for her all day.
是吗
Really?
是啊
Yeah.
你该有个底线
Well, you just gotta set some boundaries.
告诉她你在工作 她会理解的
Just tell her you’re working. She’ll understand.
那是什么
What is that?
哦 回家的路上我买♥♥了点东西
Oh, I picked up a few things on the way home.
一块小地毯
It’s an area rug.
喜欢吗 – 喜欢 多少钱
Do you love it? – Yes. How much was it?
看来盖不了多大地方
It doesn’t seem to cover much of an area.
200块左右吧
It was $200 or something like that.
我记不清了
I don’t really remember.
这要200块
That was 200 bucks?
对 可你要知道 它是座桥梁
Yeah, but, you know, it’s a runner,
要放在两间房♥中间
’cause it goes in between the two rooms
把它们连起来
and then ties them together.
还有 看 看 看
Ooh, and look! Look, look, look, look, look!
这可是帕布罗-弗林奇的原作
It’s an original Pablo Flinch.
是吗 真棒
Really? Cool.
是玛雅人的牛油果墨西哥酱碗还是什么
Is it, like, a Mayan guacamole bowl or something?
是个凳子
It’s a stool.

Here.
试试
Try it.
我们难道是霍比特人
What are we, hobbits?
有块水渍
It’s a water stain!
我今早告诉过罗斯先生水管的问题
I told Mr. Rose the problem with the pipes this morning.
当时有梆梆梆的声音
They were going bang-bang-bangity-bang-bang.
梆 梆
Bang. Bang.
没错 整个浴室都可能爆♥炸♥
[Foreign accent] Yeah, the whole bathroom could have explode.
471块
471 bucks.
几点了
What time?
你来这3小时了 – 对
You were here three hours? – Yeah.
亲爱的 这些都是原装的瓷砖
Sweetie, these were original tiles.
你怎么没听到呢
How could you not hear banging?
亲爱的 我睡着了
Sweetie, I was asleep!
打瞌睡 而且是在正下午
Napping, and in the middle of the afternoon.
丢人
Shameful.
我不会为未授权的修理付钱
I’m not gonna pay for unauthorized repairs.
我♥干♥完了 朋友
I did the work, my friend.
我可以把水管杵到墙外去
I can rip the pipes out of the wall.
[ 某种外语 ]
什么
What?
[ 某种外语 ]
我不懂你在说什么
I don’t know what you’re saying.
你来 你来
Do it! Do it!
你来 你来
You do it. You do it.
阿历克斯 – 什么
Alex! – What?
好吧 算了 弄好它
Okay, forget it. Plug it up.
[ 某种外语 ]
我求过罗斯先生想办法
I begged Mr. Rose to do something.
我吓坏了 南茜
I was terrified, Nancy.
下次再有什么事
Okay, well, the next time that happens,
康奈利太太 就找我好吗
Mrs. Connelly, just call me, okay?
我把名片给你
I gave you my business card.
阿伦 趁我没忘记 把第一个月的房♥租给你
Alan, before I forget, it’s the first of the month.
好的
Right.
88美元
$88.
你要数一下吗
Do you want to count it?
记住 如果她打扰你 不要太实在
Remember, if she bothers you, just lay down the law.
语气要坚决而委婉 答应两次 然后拒绝一次
Be firm, but nice. Two positives, then a negative.
是什么来着 – 心理学
What is that? – Psychology.
不用等我 我要加班
Don’t wait up for me. I got to work late.
我爱你 – 我爱你
I love you. – I love you.
早 阿历克斯
Good morning, Alex.
早 康奈利太太
Good morning, Mrs. Connelly.
能不能耽误你一点点时间
I wondered if I could ask you a quick question.
好了 你知道吗
Right. You know what?
我能不能这么跟你说
Can I just say this to you?
你知道我在写书对吧
You know I’m working on a book, right?
我3周左右就要交稿
And this book is due in about three weeks.
而我的编辑希望能按时拿到书稿 懂吗
And my editor is expecting it on her desk at that time, okay?
是合同的最后期限 – 我懂
It’s a contractual deadline. – I see.
所以我的时间都要花在书上
So I have to be working on that book all the time
我的家就是我的办公室
here in my apartment, which is also my office.
就等于办公室
It’s just like my office.
如果我是律师 而我去了办公室
If I was a lawyer, and I went off to an office,
你就没法敲门找我了 懂吗
you couldn’t knock on my door, ’cause you wouldn’t be there.
所以 就假设我是个律师好了 行吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!