双层公♥寓♥
来见我 赫尔曼
皮博迪先生
致命流感再次来袭
你们终于安顿下来了
So, you’re finally settling down.
有了一些积蓄
You’ve saved up a little nest egg
并且准备一头扎进房♥地♥产♥交易市场
and are ready to dive into the real estate market.
让我们来四处看看
Let’s do a little shopping around.
美国人梦想的家
The American dream home.
两个卧室 两个浴室
Two bedrooms, two bathrooms,
一间狗屋 一间车♥库♥ 两个垃圾桶
one doghouse, one garage, two garbage cans.
舒适 安全
It’s cozy, safe,
而且刚好在你们的预算之内
and just barely within your overstretched budget.
不合意
Not for you?
以同样的价钱你们可以
For the same price, you can buy 200,000 acres
在撒哈拉沙漠买♥♥下20万亩地
of prime Sahara wasteland.
盖个小屋 只有天空和你们作伴
Put up a cottage. Nothing but you and the sky.
就像在没有海的沙滩
It’s like a beach without the ocean.
谈论着安静的邻居
And talk about quiet neighbors.
太偏僻 哦 我能理解
Too remote? Oh, I understand.
你们需要大城市的刺♥激♥和兴奋
You need the thrill and excitement of the big city.
用同样多的钱
With that same nest egg,
你们可以得到基本的房♥产权
you can get a slice of prime real estate.
不是那种舒适而且买♥♥得起的
Not this real estate. Cozy and affordable,
这种可爱的公♥寓♥是理想的住所
this lovely fixer-upper is the perfect place
适合有活力的年轻夫妇
for a dynamic couple like you.
不用四处走动
No need to putter around the house.
一切都伸手可及
It’s all right there where you stand.
怎么 感觉有点局促
What’s the matter? Feeling a little cramped?
离此一箭之地
Well, just a stone’s throw away,
从桥上或者隧♥道♥过去都行
just one bridge or a tunnel ride,
就在喧嚣的大城市外边
just outside the big, bustling city,
有个足够宽敞的去处
there is a place with wide-open spaces,
那里人很友好 房♥子也很大
friendly natives, and spacious dwellings.
而且价格在你们能承受的范围之内
And it’s all within your price range.
好得有点不像真的
It’s almost too good to be true.
我曾经说过
When I told you
有一处特别的房♥子你们会满意
I had a particular building in mind for you,
说的就是这儿
this is the one I was talking about.
位于布鲁克林区最好的街区
It’s a historical home on one of the best blocks
是一幢老建筑
in all of Brooklyn.
记住我们商量好的 – 我知道 扑克脸
Remember what we talked about. – I know. Poker face.
家俱是嵌入式的
Built-ins, built-ins.
哦 这厨房♥小了点
Oh, the kitchen’s a little small.
拆掉这个糟糕的隔断
Well, rip out this awful room divider,
就是一间可作餐厅的厨房♥
and you’ve got an eat-in kitchen.
这里可以作书房♥
And over here you have your library.
正好放你的书
For your books.
你喜欢书
Oh, you like books?
我收藏了一些初版小说
I have a little collection of first-edition novels.
阿历克斯是个作家
Alex is a writer.
客厅
The parlor.
哦 我的天
Oh, my God.
那么 这楼梯是通向哪儿
So, this staircase. This leads to where?
看来你没注意到这是幢双层公♥寓♥
I thought you realized. This is a duplex.
两层算一层的钱吗
As in two floors for the price of one?
我相信清单里注明了
I believe it’s right there in the listing sheet.
为什么要封掉它
So, why was it sealed off?
里面住着好些杀人犯还是怎么
Were there, like, a slew of murders up there or something?
不 只有一个可爱的小老太太住在楼上
No, there’s just a sweet, little old lady that lives upstairs.
一个房♥客
A tenant?
租赁处的意思是不能把她赶出去 对吧
So, rent control means we can’t kick her out, right?
阿历克斯
Alex!
是权限问题 不能赶她走
That’s a legitimate question. You cannot evict her.
必须是她自愿 或者上帝
She has to decide to leave or, God forbid…
可怜的她最近感觉不太好
Poor thing hasn’t been feeling well lately.
她快要100岁了
She’s gotta be close to 100 years old.
康奈利太太
Mrs. Connelly?
稍等一下 她耳朵不好使
It may take her a while. She’s hard of hearing.
康奈利太太
Mrs. Connelly?
肯尼斯
Kenneth.
我最喜欢的姑娘来了
There’s my favorite girl.
今天怎么样 康奈利太太
How you feeling today, Mrs. Connelly?
我觉得不太舒服 肯尼斯
I don’t feel too good, Kenneth.
真遗憾听你这么说 康奈利太太
Oh, I’m sorry to hear that, Mrs. Connelly.
我带来了一对想买♥♥这幢公♥寓♥的年轻夫妇
I brought by a young couple that may want to buy the apartment.
嗨 – 嗨 康奈利太太
Hi. – Hi, Mrs. Connelly.
我是南茜·肯卓克
I’m Nancy Kendricks.
这位是我丈夫 阿历克斯-罗斯
This is my husband, Alex Rose.
你好
Hello.
我们能四处看看吗
We were wondering if we could look around.
恐怕不行
I don’t feel up to it.
对不起 亲爱的
I’m sorry, dear.
真高兴见到你 肯尼斯
Nice seeing you again, Kenneth.
那边有个亲子公园
You have a Mommy-and-Me park over here.
购物可以去那边
You got shopping that way.
交通便利 很理想
No traffic. It is ideal.
如果你们决定了 这是我的名片
Here’s my card if you want to make an offer.
这房♥子很抢手
There’s a lot of heat on this place.
到周一肯定就赶不上趟了
I’d say it’ll be off the market by Monday.
再见
Adios.
三个壁炉
Three fireplaces?
真让人不敢相信
Guys, the place sounds incredible.
而且我们能负担得起
And surprisingly affordable.
说是这么说
It’s kind of affordable.
可实际上是我们承受能力的上限
It’s really at the high end of our price range.
这可是一幢双层公♥寓♥
But when you factor in that it’s a duplex.
是双层公♥寓♥
It’s a duplex?
对
Yes.
首先 这是在布鲁克林区
You know, it’s Brooklyn, first of all.
我们从没考虑过布鲁克林区 所以
We weren’t even thinking about Brooklyn, so…
差点忘了 你带来了没有
Oh, actually, which reminds me. Did you bring it?
带了
Oh, yeah.
是唐·派普悬疑系列的新书吧
Is this the latest in the Don Piper mystery series?
新鲜出炉的
Fresh off the presses.
我签了名 送给你们
I inscribed this copy to you guys.
哦 – 库柏 谢谢
Oh! – Coop, thank you.
我相信比不上你的新书
I am sure it’s not gonna be as brilliant
但有几处比喻所有的方式还过得去
as your new book, but a couple decent metaphors in there.
还没告诉他们重大消息呢
Turn of phrase. We forgot to tell them the big news.
哦 老天 是啊
Oh, God. Yes.
什么事
What is it?
说吧
Go ahead.
我怀孕了
We’re pregnant.
恭喜
Congratulations.
恭喜 老兄
Congratulations, man.
真为你们高兴
I’m so happy for you!
你们一定是刚发现
You guys must have just found out.
不是 我怀了四个月了
No. Unh-unh. I’m four months along. Yeah.
四个月 – 嗯
Four months? – Mm-hmm.
哎哟 – 哦 亲爱的
Oop! – Oh, honey.
住手
Stop.
你好
Hello!
我是说 一旦有了孩子
I mean, we’re not gonna want to live here
我们就不会想住在这了
once we start having babies.
而那里的二楼作娱乐室最好不过
And that upstairs would make the cutest playroom.
我可不想康奈利太太冲我的孩子咳嗽
Well, I don’t want Mrs. Connelly coughing on my baby.
你懂我的意思
You know what I mean.
另外 一旦两层楼都归我们所有了
Besides, do you realize how much the duplex is gonna be worth
那得值多少钱
once we get both floors?
花的钱也不少
I know how much it costs.
会升值成千上万倍
It’s gonna be worth a bazillion times that.