凯恩斯
Kynes…
凯恩斯博士在等着
Dr. Kynes is waiting.
他是皇帝的裁决官
He is the Emperor’s Judge of the Change
监视哈克南家族的撤退
monitoring the evacuation of the Harkonnens
和我们的接管
and our taking control.
他计划带你
He plans on taking you
去检查香料开采工作
on an inspection of the spice mining operation.
现在他对我们
Now, he may or may not
也许同情,也许不同情,不过,陛下
be sympathetic to our cause. But, Sire,
由于对小主人的企图
with the attempt on the young master,
我反对您离开宫殿
I am against your leaving the palace.
尝试失败了
The attempt failed.
哈克南家族的俘虏已被带走了
Harkonnen captives have already been taken.
我们必须粉碎哈克南家族在厄拉科斯的机器
We must crush the Harkonnen machine on Arrakis.
你们都知道怎么做
You all know what to do!
哥尼,我们急需更多的香料开采工
Gurney, we desperately need more spice miners.
许多人都被迫乘下一班飞船离开
Many are threatening to leave on the next shuttle.
我们需要香料司机、天气扫描员、沙丘人
We need spice drivers, weather scanners, dunemen.
任何去过露天沙漠的人
Any with open sand experience.
你必须劝说他们加入
You must persuade them to enlist with us.
他们会为了暴♥力♥而来
“They shall come all for violence.
他们的脸会吸入东风
“Their faces shall sup up as the east wind.
他们会增加沙的俘虏
And they will gather the captivity of the sand.”
非常感人,哥尼
Very moving, Gurney.
就位吧
On your way.
在保罗和我到之前照顾好凯恩斯博士
And take care of Doctor Kynes until Paul and I arrive.
在这个地方我们不会成为战俘的
We will not be prisoners here in this place.
看,作为沙漠里的野人我前去工作
Behold, as a wild ass in the desert go I forth to my work.
什么?
Yes?
我是沙道特·梅普斯
I am the Shadout Mapes.
您的女管家,贵人
Your housekeeper, noble-born.
您有什么吩咐?
What are your orders?
你可以叫我“夫人”
You may refer to me as “my lady.”
我不是贵族
I’m not noble-born.
我是雷托公爵的妾
I’m the bound concubine of Duke Leto,
厄崔迪家族指定继承人的母亲
mother of the heir designate.
“沙道特”
“Shadout.”
这是个古词
That’s an ancient word.
你知道古语?
You know the ancient tongues?
我知道许多东西
I know many things.
我知道你们是来准备用体内的武器
I know you came prepared for violence
开展暴行的
with a weapon in your bodice.
夫人
My lady,
如果你证明你就是天选之人
the weapon was sent as a gift,
这件武器将被当作礼物送出
if you should prove to be the one.
否则
And the means of my death
就意味着我的死亡
should I prove otherwise.
夫人
My lady,
如果一个人靠预言活了那么久
when one has lived with prophecy for so long,
揭示的那刻会震惊的
the moment of revelation is a shock.
雷托公爵到了
Duke Leto is now here.
香料开采视察立刻开始
Spice mining inspection to start immediately.
你就是凯恩斯博士
So you are Doctor Kynes.
裁决官
The Judge of the Change.
也是皇家生态学者,阁下
And the Imperial Ecologist, Sire.
我们得到情报
Our intelligence informs us
这里仍有个强悍的哈克南家族人
that there’s still a strong Harkonnen presence.
正在清除
The process of removal continues.
这是我儿子保罗
This is my son, Paul.
你是个弗雷曼人吗?
Are you a Fremen?
我已在厄拉科斯星上
I’ve been on Arrakis
为陛下效力多年,以至眼睛也变了色
in the service of the Emperor long enough for my eyes to change.
为陛下效劳
In the service of the Emperor.
我们要靠你帮忙了,博士
We are in your hands, Doctor.
很感激你的蒸馏服礼物
Your gift of the stillsuits is much appreciated.
能说明一下它们的工作方式吗?
Would you give us an explanation of their workings?
这是一件弗雷曼人制♥造♥的蒸馏服
Well, this is a stillsuit of Fremen manufacture,
在厄拉科斯星上最具效率
the most efficient type on Arrakis.
基本上···
Basically…
没事,哥尼
It’s all right, Gurney.
好的,阁下
Yes, Sire.
基本上,它是一个高效的过滤器
Basically, it’s a high-efficiency filter
和热交换系统
and heat exchange system.
汗水通过第一层
Perspiration passes through the first layer
在第二层被收集起来
and is gathered in the second.
分离出盐分
The salt is separated.
呼吸和步行提供抽吸运动
Breathing and walking provide the pumping action.
再生水在衣袋中循环
The reclaimed water circulates to catch pockets
通过脖子上的这根管子
from which you can drink through this tube
就可以从那里喝水了
around your neck.
尿和粪在大腿处的护垫中处理
Urine and feces are processed in the thigh pads.
如果在露天沙漠中
Should you be in the open desert,
记住用嘴吸气
remember to breathe in through your mouth
用这根鼻管呼气
and out through this nose tube.
身着一件工作良好的弗雷曼人套装
With a Fremen suit in good working condition,
生命能维持数周
life can be sustained for weeks,
即使在沙漠深处,阁下
even in the deep desert, Sire.
谢谢
My thanks.
请允许
With your permission.
你以前穿过蒸馏套装?
You’ve worn a stillsuit before.
没有
No.
你的套装适合沙漠的样式
Your suit is fitted desert fashion.
谁教你怎么用的?
Who told you how to do that?
没人教过
No one.
似乎是正确的穿法
It seemed the proper way.
没错
That it is.
他就像生而知之
He shall know your ways as if born to them.
我们在浪费时间,阁下
We’re wasting time, Sire.
空气速度,0-5
Air speed, zero-five.
环境温度:27℃
Ambient temperature, 300 degrees Kelvin.
环境温度:27℃
Air speed, three-zero.
大气弯曲机,75%效率
Ether bender, 75 percent efficiency.
这就是我让你的下属
That’s where I told your sandmaster
集中今天收获的地方
to concentrate the harvesting today.
在屏蔽场城墙上的东南方
Southeast, over the Shield Wall.
环境温度:77℃
Ambient temperature, 350 degrees Kelvin.
风速:1-3-0
Air speed, one-three-zero.
警告:你已离开屏蔽场城墙
Caution. You’ve now cleared
进入了露天沙漠
protective Shield Wall and entered open desert.
我们会看见一只沙虫吗?
Will we see a worm?
有香料和香料开采的地方永远有沙虫
Where there is spice and spice mining, there are always worms.
永远?
Always?
永远
Always.
它们为什么要来?
Why do they come?
保护它们的领地
To protect their territory.
震动吸引它们
Vibrations attract them.
他要么是个弗雷曼人要么和他们相处融洽
He must be a Fremen or in with them.
他在研完我们
He’s studying us.
他在隐瞒一些和香料有关的事
He’s hiding something about the spice.
在沙虫和香料间有什么关系吗?
Is there a relationship between the worms and the spice?
它们保卫香料沙
As I said, they defend the spice sands.
至于它们和香料的关系
As to their relationship with the spice,
谁知道呢?
who knows?
阁下,前方有尘雾
Dust cloud ahead, Sire.
就是那.香料开采
That’s it. Spice mining.
其它云雾不会像那样
No other cloud quite like it.
看到上面的侦察机了吗?
See the spotters over it?
它们在监视虫迹
They’re watching for wormsign,
沙浪迹象
the telltale sand waves.
表面还有地震探测仪,阁下
Seismic probes on the surface, too, Sire.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!