我知道其中的分别
I’d know the difference.
是的,也许他有这本领
Yes. Perhaps he would at that.
我父亲送你们来考察我
My father sent you to test me.
又练音乐?
Music, then?
又练音乐?
No music.
我为穿越顺便带的
I’m packing this for the crossing.
防卫练习
Shield practice.
防卫练习?
Shield practice?
哥尼,我们今早已练过了
Gurney, we had practice this morning.
我没心情
I’m not in the mood.
没心情?
Not in the mood?
贱民和谈情说爱才需要心情!
Mood’s a thing for cattle and love play.
战斗不需要
Not fighting!
对不起,哥尼
I’m sorry, Gurney.
诚意不够
Not sorry enough.
哥尼怎么了?
What’s wrong with Gurney?
他不是装的
He’s not faking this.
现在,好好防卫你自己
Now, guard yourself for true!
这就是你要的吗?
Is this what you seek?
很好
Good.
慢刀才能穿透防护盾
The slow blade penetrates the shield.
但是,往下看
But, uh, look down.
我们会同归于尽的
We’d have joined each other in death.
你终于有心情了
You did seem finally to get in the mood.
你要让我把血流干吗?
Would you really have drawn my blood?
如果你不拿出全力
If you’d have fought one whit below your abilities,
我会给你个不错的疤痕以资纪念
I’d have given you a good scar to remind you.
最近,这里气氛太严肃了
Things have been so serious here lately.
我们很快会去厄拉科斯星
Soon we’ll leave for Arrakis.
厄拉科斯星是真实的
Arrakis is real.
哈克南家族是真实的
The Harkonnens are real.
岳医生
Doctor Yueh,
有厄拉科斯星沙虫的什么信息吗?
do you have any information on the worms of Arrakis?
我得到了一个小标本的显微图书
I’ve obtained a filmbook of a small specimen.
只有125米长
Only 125 meters long.
只有?
Only?
有记载说
There have been documented sightings of worms
在沙漠深处看到过450米长的沙虫
as large as 450 meters in the deep desert.
离我们要呆的厄拉奇恩城很远
That’s far from where we’ll be in Arrakeen.
沙漠地带和南极区
The desert belt and the south polar region
被划为了禁区
are marked forbidden.
有沙暴和沙虫
The storms and the worms.
沙每小时能飞700公里,是真的吗?
Is it true that the sand can blow at 700 km per hour?
它能让肉体在数分钟内化为尘土
It can render flesh into dust in minutes.
这些干燥的风
And these dry winds can also generate
能在大气中产生大量静电
tremendous amounts of static electricity in the atmosphere.
我们身体防护盾在厄拉科斯星的露天
Our body shields won’t have enough power
没有足够的能量来起作用
to operate in the open air on Arrakis.
那里的弗雷曼人如何存活?
How do the Fremen survive there?
我们对弗雷曼人知道的并不太多
We don’t know much about the Fremen.
他们住在沙漠深处有一些在城市里
They live in the deep desert, some of them in the cities.
他们整只眼都是蓝色的
They have blue-within-blue eyes.
眼睛
The eyes.
没错
Yes.
因为血液被混合香料浸透了
Saturation of the blood by the spice melange.
香料能以其它方式影响我们吗?
Could the spice affect us in other ways?
厄拉科斯星上危机四伏
Many dangers exist on Arrakis.
比如
For one,
哈克南家族不会如此轻易的放弃
the Harkonnens would not have given up
宇联商会的合同
their CHO AM Company contract so easily.
哈克南家族确实是我们的敌人
The Harkonnens are our enemies, yes.
但我怀疑幕后黑手是皇帝
But behind them, I suspect, is the Emperor.
你会是个令人敬畏的公爵
You’ll make a formidable Duke.
记住
Now, remember,
避开陷阱的第一步
the first step in avoiding a trap
是知晓它的存在
is knowing of its existence.
我懂.但如果这是个陷阱
I know, but if it is a trap
我们干嘛还要去?
then why are we going?
我们有了新的军队
We have our new army.
岳医生
Doctor Yueh,
给他穿上玄秘模块
put the weirding module on him.
好的
Well.
清场并锁上房♥子
Clear and lock the room!
分组出发,解散
Detachment, stand down.
激活一个打斗者
Activate a fighter.
设定射程为2米
Make the range 2 meters.
精确的操控
Precise control.
这不是邓肯的风格
It’s not Duncan’s style.
也不是我的
Nor mine.
那是受他母亲的影响
That’s his mother’s influence.
公爵家族的另一个成员
Another member of the Duke’s household
就是邓肯·艾达荷
is Duncan Idaho,
保罗·厄崔迪的朋友兼剑术教师
friend and swordmaster to Paul Atreides.
邓肯
Duncan!
保罗,我正要去和你道别
Paul, I was just on my way to say goodbye to you.
我得独自先走一步
I have to go on ahead, alone,
会有一段时间不见了
I won’t be seeing you for a while.
本来希望你和我们一起的为什么?
I wish you were coming with us. Why?
为了你父亲的一些事
It’s something for your father.
他想和你谈谈
He wants to talk to you.
厄拉科斯星见
I’ll see you on Arrakis.
愿上帝之手与你同在
May the hand of God be with you.
愿上帝之手与我们大家同在,邓肯
May the hand of God be with us all, Duncan.
父亲
Father.
谢谢你来见我,保罗
Thank you for joining me, Paul.
这对去我们的新家
It will be good to get to our new home
和抛开烦恼都会有好处
and have all this upset behind us.
杜菲·哈瓦特已服侍了厄崔迪家族三代
Thufir Hawat has served House Atreides three generations.
他发誓你是他教过的最杰出的学生
He swears you are the finest student he has ever taught.
岳、哥尼和邓肯也这么说
Yueh, Gurney, and Duncan say the same.
让我感到很骄傲
Makes me feel very proud.
我希望你以我为荣
I want you to be proud of me.
我会怀念大海的
I’ll miss the sea.
但人需要新的体验
But a person needs new experiences.
它们能震撼内心深藏的东西
They jar something deep inside,
让人成长
allowing him to grow.
没有了变化
Without change,
有些东西会在我们内心沉睡
something sleeps inside us
很少能醒来
and seldom awakens.
沉睡者必须醒来
The sleeper must awaken.
厄拉科斯星,“沙丘”
Arrakis, Dune.
沙漠行星
Desert Planet.
我会杀了你
I will kill you.
第二个月亮
The second moon.
讲讲你的星球,友索
Tell me of your home world, Usul.
我知道她是来测试他的
I know she has come to test him.
以前没人被盒子测试过
No man has ever been tested with the box.
今晚,我也许要失去儿子
Tonight, I may lose my son.
杰西卡,告诉过你
Jessica, you were told to bear
只许给厄崔迪家族生女儿
only daughters to the Atreides.
杰西卡
Jessica!
这对他意义重大
It meant so much to him.
你只想到了一个公爵对儿子的渴望吗?
You thought only of a Duke’s desire for a son?
渴望并不是全能的
Desires don’t come into this.
本可以有一个厄崔迪家族的女儿嫁给
An Atreides daughter could have been wed
哈克南家族的一个子嗣来修补裂痕
to a Harkonnen heir and sealed the breach.
我们也许要把两个血统都失去了
We may lose both bloodlines now.
我发过誓从不后悔自己的决定
I vowed never to regret my decision.
我愿为自己所犯的错误付出代价
I’ll pay for all my own mistakes.
和你的儿子一起付出
And your son will pay with you.