梦是来自内心深处的信息。
Dreams are messages from the deep.
我的星球,阿♥拉♥基斯,太阳落山时是如此美丽。
My planet, Arrakis, is so beautiful when the sun is low.
在沙滩上翻滚……
Rolling over the sands…
你可以在空气中看到香料。
You can see spice in the air.
傍晚时分,香料收割者们着陆了。
At nightfall, the spice harvesters land.
外面的人争分夺秒地躲避白天的炎热。
The outsiders race against time to avoid the heat of the day.
他们当着我们的面蹂躏我们的土地。
They ravage our lands in front of our eyes.
我只知道他们虐待我的人♥民♥。
Their cruelty to my people is all I’ve known.
这些外来者,哈科宁家族,早在我出生之前就来了。
These outsiders, The Harkonnens, came long before I was born.
通过控制香料生产,他们变得非常富有。
By controlling the spice production they became obscenely rich.
比皇帝本人还富有。
Richer than the Emperor himself.
我们的战士没能从哈科宁手中救出阿♥拉♥基斯,
Our warriors couldn’t free Arrakis from the Harkonnens,
但是有一天,根据皇帝的命令,他们消失了。
but one day, by imperial decree, they were gone.
为什么皇帝选择了这条路?下一个压♥迫♥者是谁?
Why did the Emperor choose this path? And who our next oppressors be?
10191年
YEAR 10191
厄崔迪家族的卡拉♥丹♥家园
CALADAN HOMEWORLD OF HOUSE ATREIDES
还好你早起。
It’s good you’re up early.
父亲要你在皇帝的传令官到来之前穿上礼服。
Father wants you in full dress before the Emperor’s herald arrives.
礼服?军队?
Full dress? Military?
仪式。
Ceremonial.
既然已经决定了,我们为什么还要经历这一切?
Why do we have to go through all of this when it’s already been decided?
仪式。
Ceremony.
谢谢。
Thank you.
如果你想要,让我给你。
If you want it make me give it to you.
-用语♥音♥。-妈,我刚醒。
-Use the Voice. -Mom, I just woke up.
-给我水。-杯子听不到你。给我下指令。
-Give me the water. -The glass can’t hear you. Command me.
把水给我。
Give me the water.
-几乎。-几乎?
-Almost. -Almost?
贝尼·盖瑟瑞特的技能需要多年才能学会,保罗。
Bene Gesserit skills take years to learn, Paul.
你看起来很累。做了很多梦?
You look tired. More dreams?
没有。
No.
极端的温度和危险的天气事件
Extreme temperatures and treacherous weather events
使阿♥拉♥基斯城外的生活变得十分艰难。
make life outside the cities of Arrakis truly hostile.
强大到足以穿透金属的沙暴。
With sandstorms powerful enough to cut through the metal.
只有被称为弗里曼人的土著部落能够很好地适应并生存下来。
Only the native tribes known as the Fremen have adapted well enough to survive.
弗里曼人更喜欢居住在阿♥拉♥基斯最偏远的地区,
Preferring to inhabit the remotest regions of Arrakis
与被弗里曼人称为谢胡鲁德的巨型沙虫
the Fremen share the deep desert with the giant sandworms
共享深邃的沙漠。
known to the Fremen as Shai-Hulud.
长♥期♥接触香料赋予了这个部落特有的蓝眼睛,
Long exposure to spice has given the tribe their characteristic blue eyes,
伊巴德的眼睛。
the eyes of Ibad.
关于弗里曼人的其他信息很少,
Little else is known of the Fremen,
除了他们是危险和不可靠的。
except that they are dangerous and unreliable.
弗莱明的攻击使香料收获变得极其危险。
Fremen attacks make spice harvesting extremely hazardous.
对弗里曼人来说,香料就是神圣的迷幻剂
For the Fremen, spice is the sacred hallucinogen
它能保护生命,带来巨大的健康益处。
which preserves life and brings enormous health benefits.
对于帝国来说,这种香料是由间隔行会的航海家使用的
For the Imperium, the spice is used by the navigators of the Spacing Guild
在星际间寻找安全的路径。
to find safe paths between the stars.
没有香料,星际旅行是不可能的,
Without spice interstellar travel is impossible,
使之成为宇宙中最有价值的物质。
making it by far the most valuable substance in the universe.
微笑,格尼。
Smile, Gurney.
我在微笑。
I am smiling.
他们大老远过来办理这个手续要花多少钱?
How much will it cost them traveling all this way for this formality?
三个公会导航员和总计146万零62个日光用于往返。
Three Guild navigators and a total of 1,460,062 solaris for the round trip.
感谢科里诺家族的沙达姆四世,
By the grace of Shaddam IV of the House Corrino,
上升到已知宇宙的帕迪沙皇帝的金狮宝座,
Ascendant to the Golden Lion Throne of Padishah Emperor of the Known Universe,
我站在你们面前,作为变革的先驱。
I stand before you as Herald of the Change.
我们有皇室成员的见证,
We are witnessed by members of the Imperial Court,
间隔公会的代表,贝尼·格塞里特的妹妹。
representatives of the Spacing Guild, and a sister of the Bene Gesserit.
皇帝已经说过了:
The Emperor has spoken:
厄崔迪家族将立即接管阿♥拉♥基斯
“House Atreides shall immediately take control of Arrakis
做它的管家。”
and serve as its steward.”
你接受吗?
Do you accept?
我们是厄崔迪家族。
We are the House Atreides.
没有我们不响应的召唤。我们没有背叛任何信仰。
There is no call we do not answer. There is no faith that we betray.
皇帝要我们给阿♥拉♥基斯带来和平。
The Emperor asks us to bring peace to Arrakis.
厄崔迪家族接受。
House Atreides accepts.
厄崔迪人!
Atreides!
你的印♥章♥。
Your seal.
那么,就这样了?
So, it’s done?
完成了。
It’s done.
-是吗? -稳定器太松了。
-How was it? -The stabilizers are too loose.
我会处理。-谢谢你,我的朋友。
-I’ll handle that. -Thank you, my friend.
邓肯。-我的孩子!
-Duncan. -My boy!
保罗,我的孩子。
Paul, my boy.
那么,你明天要和先遣队去阿♥拉♥基斯吗?
So, you’re going to Arrakis tomorrow with the advance team?
是的,我明天要和先遣队去阿♥拉♥基斯。
Yes, I’m going to Arrakis tomorrow with the advance team.
-我想让你带我一起去。-你会吗?
-I’d like you to take me with you. -You would?
那太糟糕了,因为不。
That’s too bad, cause no.
邓肯……
Duncan…
你是想把我送上军事法庭吗?怎么回事?
Are you trying to give me court-martial? What’s going on?
-我能相信你吗?-当然。你知道的。
-Can I trust you with something? -Always. You know that.
我一直在做梦。
I’ve been having dreams.
关于阿♥拉♥基斯和弗里曼。
About Arrakis and the Fremen.
好的,那么?
Okay, so?
我看到你了。
I saw you.
和弗里曼人。
With the Fremen.
所以我找到他们了?那就这样吧。这是个好兆头,对吧?
So I do find them? There you go. That’s a good omen right there, right?
兰维尔!
Lanville!
我看见你躺着死了。在战斗中倒下。
I saw you lying dead. Fallen in battle.
我觉得如果我在那里,你就不会死。
I felt like if I had been there you’d be alive.
首先,我不会死。
First of, I’m not gonna die.
-你没把我当回事。-这就是你想跟我一起来的原因?
-You’re not taking me seriously. -That’s why you wanna come with me?
听着,梦是好的故事,
Listen, dreams make good stories,
但重要的事情都是在我们醒着的时候发生的,
but everything important happens when we’re awake,
因为那是我们创造奇迹的地方。
because that’s where we make things happen.
-看看你,长点肌肉?-是吗?
-Look at you, put up some muscle? -I did?
不。
No.
阿♥拉♥基斯见,我的孩子。
See you in Arrakis, my boy.
父亲,我想加入邓肯·爱达荷
Father, I’d like to ask to join Duncan Idaho
明天去阿♥拉♥基斯的侦察任务。
on a scout mission to Arrakis tomorrow.
我学过弗里曼语言。我会成为一个有用的人。
I’ve studied the Fremen language. I’d be an asset.
不可能。
Out of the question.
几周后你会像我们一样去阿♥拉♥基斯。
You’ll travel in a few weeks to Arrakis like the rest of us.
我这辈子都在训练,如果我不能……
I’ve been training my whole life… What is the point if I’m not allowed–
你知道为什么,保罗。你是厄崔迪家族的未来。
You know why, Paul. You’re the future of the House Atreides.
祖父为了运动和公牛搏斗。
And grandfather fought bulls for sport.
是的,看看他的下场。
Yes, look where that got him.
我需要你在我身边。当我们到达阿♥拉♥基斯时,我们将面临巨大的危险。
I need you by my side. When we get to Arrakis we’ll face enormous danger.
什么危险?弗里曼人?沙漠?
What danger? The Fremen? The desert?
政♥治♥风险。
Political danger.
王室指望我们来领导这威胁到了皇帝。
The great houses look to us for leadership and this threatens the Emperor.
把阿♥拉♥基斯从哈康人手中夺走,归我们所有
By taking Arrakis from the Harkonnens and making it ours
他为一场削弱两院的战争做了铺垫。
he sets the stage for a war which would weaken both houses.
但如果我们坚定立场,利用阿♥拉♥基斯真正的力量
But if we hold firm and tap the true power of Arrakis
我们可以变得更强大。
we could be stronger than ever.
这是什么意思?
What does that mean?
采矿香料,让弗雷曼家族安分守舍?
Mining spice, keeping the Fremen in their place?
我们不会比哈科宁强多少。
We’d be no better than Harkonnens.
不。通过与弗里曼人结盟。
No. By making an alliance with the Fremen.
这就是我让邓肯·爱达荷去安排的。
That’s what I’ve sent Duncan Idaho to arrange.
这里,在卡拉♥丹♥,我们依靠空中和海上力量统治。
Here, on Caladan, we’ve ruled by air power and sea power.
在阿♥拉♥基斯,我们需要培育沙漠力量。
On Arrakis, we need to cultivate desert power.
我想让你参加我的长老会,了解我的工作。
I want you sitting in on my council, learn what I do.
如果我不是呢,爸爸?
What if I’m not, dad?
不是什么?
Not what?
厄崔迪家族的未来。
The future of the House Atreides.
我告诉我父亲我也不想这样。
I told my father I didn’t want this either.
-我想当飞行员。-你从没跟我说过。
-I wanted to be a pilot. -You never told me that.
你祖父说过,“伟大的人不寻求领导。
Your grandfather said, “A great man doesn’t seek to lead.
他是被召唤来的。他的回答。”
He’s called to it. And he answers.”