问得好
Good question.
谢谢你,基尔先生
Thank you very much, Mr. Gill.
你有五分钟的时间进行口头陈述
You are now recognized for five minutes to present your oral testimony.
谢谢各位委员
Thank you, members of the committee.
我很乐意谈谈我买♥♥游戏驿站股份
I am happy to discuss my purchase of GameStop shares
以及我在网络讨论该公♥司♥的公允价值
and my discussions of their fair value on social media.
但在那之前
But before I do that,
我想澄清几件事
a few things I am not:
我不是一只猫
I am not a cat.
他说什么? – 他说猫,妈
What did he say? – He just said cat, Ma.
小猫 – 也不是避险基金
It’s like a kitty thing. – Nor am I a hedge fund.
我没有客户
I do not have clients,
也没有提供收费的个人化投资建议
and I do not provide personalized investment advice for fees or commissions.
我在麻州布罗克顿长大
I grew up in Brockton, Mass.
我们家不富有
My family was not wealthy.
我爸是卡车司机,我妈是注册护士
My father was a truck driver and my mom a registered nurse.
说的是你,妈 – 我家有三个小孩
That’s you, Ma! – I was one of three kids
我是家里第一个大学毕业生
and the first in my family to earn a four-year college degree
2009年从斯通希尔学院毕业
when I graduated from Stonehill College in 2009.
那不是找工作的好时机
That was not a good time to be looking for a job.
从2010年到2017年
From 2010-2017,
我有很多时间是失业的
there were significant periods when I was unemployed.
我开始对股市感兴趣
I took an interest in the stock market,
虽然我没什么钱
and even though I had very little money,
还是花很多时间自学投资理财
I used those times to educate myself and learn more about investing.
我很难相信你没有内线消息
Mr. Gill, I find it hard to believe that you predicted everything
却能预料到游戏驿站股价飙涨
that happened to GameStop with no inside information.
我并没预料到
Uh, I didn’t predict it.
我无法解释一月份发生的事
I honestly couldn’t explain everything that happened in January.
我看过你的视频
I’ve seen your videos.
你真的无法解释
You honestly couldn’t recount to the committee
股价在一月份的每一次起伏?
what caused every single up and down of the stock in January?
我认为你可以
I think you could.
我密切关注那支股票
I did follow the stock, uh, very closely,
但违约交割清单、订单流、停止买♥♥入
but threshold lists, order flows, halting purchases, according to the press,
都对股价造成冲击
these all had a material impact on the stock.
我的确是有一些经验
Here’s the thing: I have a bit of experience with this stuff,
但就连我也不了解这一切
and even I barely understand these matters.
大家都不了解股市的内部运作
It’s alarming how little we all know about the inner workings of the market.
我很高兴国会展开调查
Which is why I’m glad this committee is examining what happened,
尤其是大量的空单余额
particularly with the exorbitant short interest
任何刻意操纵的做空手法
as well as any potentially manipulative shorting practices
以及券商故意不按时完成交易结算
and brokers’ reported failures to timely deliver shares and settle trades.
很多人觉得机制已死
A lot of people feel the system is broken.
股市本来应该让大家公平竞争
The whole idea of the stock market is to be, like, kind of a fair playing field,
只要够聪明和有点运气就能赚大钱
where if you’re smart, maybe with a little luck, you could make your fortune.
就算曾经如此,但今非昔比
But, if it ever was that, it’s certainly not any more.
大公♥司♥拥有科技和资讯的绝对优势
The big firms have such a big advantage, in terms of technology and information
以及巨大财富,小人物根本没希望
and just sheer wealth, there’s no hope for the little guy anymore.
以前没有希望
Or there was no hope.
也许现在还有希望
Maybe now, there is.
至于我
And as for me,
我喜欢这支股票
I like the stock.
他是狠角色
He’s a gangster for that.
我还不打算卖♥♥出
I don’t plan on selling any time soon.
坚持不卖♥♥ – 说啊
Hold it. – Say that shit.
钻石手
Diamond fucking hands.
钻石手,宝贝
Diamond hands, baby.
好样的
Attaboy.
死宅男
What a nerd.
谢谢
Thank you.
你很棒,我觉得
It was good. I think.
昨天的听证会找来
Yesterday’s Reddit hearing in Congress brought together
一月份史诗级轧空
some of the power players
主要玩家 – 沃特斯议员表示
behind the January trading frenzy. – Representative Maxine Waters did say
未来将有更多听证会 – 这里牵涉很多人
there will be additional hearings… – What you got here involves people
接下来有两场 – “超值股神” 和“咆哮小猫”
…two more – named DFV and Roaring Kitty, ultimately…
寻求更多答案 – 是同一个人
to follow to find more answers, – one market expert…
不管是市场或社群媒体
Whether it’s markets or social media,
我就说媒体,现在都一样
I’ll just call it media because it is now.
会有全新法规吗? – 这是大乱斗
Do you think any new regulation gets done? – What’s clear is that we’re in the Wild West
网络上的讨论非常热烈
and that there is so much activity that’s going on, on these online forums.
光是上个月和前六周就看到
And we’ve seen in the last month and the last six weeks how much force
大批当冲客对股市造成的影响
day traders en masse can bring to the market and actually affect it.
以前只在旁边敲锣打鼓
They used to just make some noise around the edges.
现在却能影响股市
Now they can actually move markets, move securities.
“GME游戏驿站”
“卖♥♥出”
“买♥♥进”
“直播”
敬大家
Cheers, everyone.
Ah.
你是个狠角色
You’re a fucking gangster.
国会听证会隔天
凯斯基尔表示坚持支持游戏驿站
他的持股翻倍至十万股
游戏驿站股价于一周内大涨三倍
你卖♥♥了不少全新游戏
Hey, man, I notice you’ve been selling a lot of new games,
我只想提醒你要向客户推销
and I just wanted to remind you, again, that we really wanna be pushing customers
利润更高的二手游戏
towards the higher-margin pre-owned games.
我才不要呢
Yeah, I’m not gonna do that.
你说什么?
Excuse me?
我也不干“生生不息”的屁事
Oh, and in fact, I’m not gonna do any of the Circle of Life bullshit.
或是“抖音跳舞比赛”
Or your TikTok dance contest.
你要辞职了
You’re quitting, then.
好吧
Okay.
没有,我想过了,但…
No, I mean, I thought about it, but…
我喜欢这家店
Like, yo, I love it here.
我要留下来
So I think I’m gonna stay.
你炒股票赔了钱还这么得意
Well, you’re awfully smug for a kid who lost all his money buying stock.
你说会涨到一千?
What did you say it was going to? A thousand?
我也不要一大早来上班
I’m also not gonna work at the ass crack of dawn any more.
你被炒了
You’re fired.
才没有
No, I’m not.
你得有七层主管的批准
You gotta get that approved by like seven levels of people, yo.
多谢发明这制度的天才
Thanks to the geniuses who put that together.
以前掌管我生死的家伙
The ones who used to own my ass.
你卖♥♥了?
You sold?
只卖♥♥一半
Half.
“马可斯 身价:$181,090”
卖♥♥在最高点
Right at the tippy tippy top.
另一半要坚持不卖♥♥
And I’m holding the other half for the long haul.
我就是野蛮
♪ ‘Cause I’m a savage ♪
优雅 花俏 又难搞
♪ Classy, bougie, ratchet ♪
呛辣 阴郁 又恶劣
♪ Sassy, moody, nasty ♪
耍笨 那是怎样
♪ Acting stupid what was happening ♪
♪ Classy, bougie, ratchet ♪
“哈蒙妮 身价:$271,519”
♪ Sassy, moody, nasty ♪
“芮芮 身价:$295,055”
♪ Acting stupid, what’s happening? ♪
♪ Bitch, what’s happening? ♪
♪ Bitch, I’m a savage, yeah ♪
♪ Classy, bougie, ratchet, yeah ♪
“珍妮 身价:-$13,284”
♪ Sassy, moody, nasty ♪
“坚持不卖♥♥”
♪ Acting stupid, what’s happening? ♪
♪ Bitch, what’s happening? ♪
♪ Eat me and record it But your edge-up all I’m showing ♪
♪ I keep my niggas private So his AP all I’m showing ♪

♪ Beefing with you bitches Really getting kinda boring ♪

♪ If it ain’t about the money Then you know I’m gon’ ignore it ♪
♪ I’m the shit, ooh ♪
♪ I need a mop to clean the floor It’s too much drip, ooh ♪
“爱你哟,小猫”
♪ I keep a knot, I keep a watch I keep a whip… ♪
真好!
Fuck yeah!
我今天纯粹以个人身份在此作证
I’m here testifying today far removed from my background.
我在缅因州波特兰中产家庭长大
I grew up in a middle-class family in Portland, Maine.
我念公立高中,用功考上好大学
I went to a public high school. I studied hard and got into a good college.
毕业后没工作
Upon graduation, I did not have a job.
♪ Bitch, what’s happening? ♪
亏损数十亿美元后
梅尔文资金于2022年关门大吉
我做的承诺是在2015或2016年
When the statement you refer to was made, uh, I believe 2015 or 2016,
在罗宾汉迫使整个业界
it was before Robinhood forced the entire industry