[Gerwyn] Oi, Rossi, feet off the chairs.
真是“群魔乱舞”啊
It’s absolute pandemonium in here. I don’t recognize half this lot.
-差不多一半的人我都不认识 -是啊
之前人们甚至不愿承认 他们来自这个村庄
I know. Once upon a time,
people didn’t even want to admit they came from this village.
现在山里一半的人 都觉得自己是这里的人
Now half the valleys reckon they live here.
你觉得那位傲慢勋爵 会给我们多少钱买♥♥追梦?
How much do you reckon Lord Snooty would have offered us for Dream?
十万,或者几十万
Tens, maybe hundreds of thousands.
[whistles][laughs]
谢谢你刚才为我说话
Thanks for standing up for me before.
不客气
That’s okay.
我们都知道这事关比金钱更重要的东西
We both know this has always been about
something much more important than money.
梦想可以实现
[cheering][music ends]
Delilah” playing]
[cheering continues]
Oh! [laughs]
我看到黑夜里的灯光 经过她的窗前
? I saw the light on the night That I passed by her window?
? Ba, da, da, da Da, da, da?
我看到爱情的影子 在她的百叶窗上闪烁
? I saw the flickering shadows Of love on her blinds?
? Ba, da, da, da Da, da, da?
她是我的女人
? She was my woman?
[women] ? Ba, da, ba, da, ba?
她欺骗了我 我看着她,失魂落魄
? As she deceived me I watched And went out of my mind?
我的达利亚
? My, my, my Delilah?
你昨天发给辛克莱·比蒂的邮件
[song ends]
…e-mail you sent yesterday to Sinclair Beatty.
想读一下吗?
Care to read it?
[clears throat]
“别发牢骚了 赶紧交钱,你们这些混账”
“Just quit moaning and pay up, you bastards.”
他们欠了税款
They had a tax bill. I’m a tax advisor. I advised them to pay it.
作为税务顾问,我建议他们交税
你知道吗?霍华德
You know, Howard, I’ve started to wonder lately why you came into this profession.
我开始纳闷你为什么从事这个职业
不止你一人这么想
Oh, you’re not the only one.
因为我也不明白 我为什么整天坐在这桌子后面…
‘Cause I have no idea why I sit behind this desk all day,
帮助那些有钱的混账们
helping rich bastards, who can well afford to pay their share,
少交几百万的税收 他们完全有能力交足自己的那部分税款
save millions in tax
而别人几乎连饭都吃不起
while people out there can barely afford to put food on their tables.
其实这就是…
You know, it’s…
合法化的抢劫
legalized robbery.
霍华德,兄弟,别这样
Howard, mate.
我的人生肯定有更值得做的事
Has to be something better I can do with my life.
他把台灯拿走了 他怎么把台灯拿走了?
[man] He’s taking the lamp. Why is he taking the lamp?
辞职了?
Resigned? What were you thinking?
你脑子在想什么呢?
我什么都没想,这才是重点,我就是…
I wasn’t thinking. That’s the whole point. I was just…
这就是我的感受
[sighs]
It’s what I feel.
这就是我多年来的感受 那份工作我再也做不下去了
It’s what I felt for years. I can’t do that job anymore.
又是因为那匹马,对吗?
This is that bloody horse again, isn’t it?
与简和联合组织共事让我感觉到
Being involved with Jan and the syndicate has made me feel
自己多年来第一次参与了一件重要的事
like I’m part of something important for the first time in years.
感觉棒极了
And it’s bloody fabulous.
你这是自私!根本不计后果!
It’s selfish! And it’s reckless!
-我会想办法的,我们能解决的 -怎么解决?用我的工资?
I can work it out. We’ll manage.
Oh, how exactly? On my wages?
我跟菲利普谈过
[voices on TV][Jan] So, I’ve been talking to Philip,
他觉得追梦的身体机能比之前有所好转
and he reckons Dream’s bouncing, in the form of his life.
霍华德认为一部分原因是 他们给它吃的新型益生菌食品
Howard reckons it’s partly that new probiotic food they got him on.
他们还带它去马专用的游泳池里
And they’ve got him in that new equine swimming pool.
显然追梦特别喜欢
Dream absolutely loves it, apparently.
霍华德说游泳对后肢力量的增强 非常有帮助
Howard says swimming is brilliant for building up muscle strength
布莱恩?
in the hindquarters.
你怎么了?
Brian?
没事
What’s the matter?
Nothing.
别这样,说出来吧
Come on, spit it out.
我想它,就这么简单
[TV off]
我很想追梦,很傻吧?
I miss him, is all… Dream.
想念一个我以前甚至不知道自己想要的东西
It’s stupid, isn’t it? Missing something I didn’t even know I wanted.
一点都不傻
No, it’s not stupid.
但话说回来,生活就是这样
But still…
我不该抱怨
that’s the way life is.
I shouldn’t grumble.
但是生活并不是那样的,布莱恩
But life’s not like that, Brian. That’s the whole point.
这是最重要的一点
你看不到外面精彩的世界
There’s a whole world out there you don’t see
因为你在看电视
because you’re just sat watching the telly.
你说什么?
You what?
听我说,追梦来的时候
Look, when Dream arrived…
我看你整个人都有精神了
I saw you light up.
我知道你想它
Look, I know you miss him. But don’t just…
但不要就这样…
又回到之前的状态
settle back into your old ways again.
我不该说这些的
I shouldn’t have said anything.
没关系,我挺知足的
I don’t mind really. I’m happy enough.
不,布莱恩,你总是“知足”
No, Brian, you’re always “happy enough.” You lost your job,
丢了工作,你说: “没事,会有下一份工作的”
然后就再没下文了
you said, “Never mind, another one will come along.” And it never did.
得了关节炎,你说:
You got arthritis, you said, “Oh, well, we all get old and ill sooner or later.”
“每个人迟早都会变老生病的”
我第一次见你的时候,你是个斗士
I mean, when I first met you, you were a fighter.
而你现在一味地被动接受
And now you just accept things.
再也不去抗争了
You don’t fight anymore.
你♥爸♥说得对
So, what your dad said was right.
你自己本可以活得更好
You could have done a lot better for yourself.
[TV on, man speaking Welsh]
[engine revving]
(办公室,厂房♥出租)
(霍华德·戴维斯,个人税务顾问)
所以我可以逃税,但不可以避税?
So I can evade tax, but I can’t avoid it.
反了,奈莉丝
Other way around, Nerys. Avoid, not evade.
可以避税,不可以逃税
国家不喜欢有人逃税
Evasion they don’t like.Got it. Um…
明白了
最近手头有点紧,所以…
things are a little tight cash-wise these days, so…
上好的牛里脊
best sirloin.
-谢谢,奈莉丝 -好好享受吧
Cheers, Nerys.Enjoy.
-你好,奈莉丝 -简
-Oh. Hello, Nerys. -Jan.
[chuckles] Whoo.
这里看起来真不错,霍华德
It’s looking very smart, Howard.
翻修还在进行中
Well, the refurbishment is, um, ongoing.
不过为什么要这样? 你不是在卡迪夫有份好工作吗?
How come, though? You had a good job in Cardiff, didn’t you?
我意识到我不能继续做下去了
Uh, well, I realized I couldn’t do it anymore.
而且我也不想像我爸那样 活在失去机会的世界里
And I wasn’t gonna live a life of lost chances like my dad.
他怎么了?
-What happened to him? -Uh…
他14岁离家出走 梦想成为一名著名的骑师
ran away from home at 14 with a dream of being a famous jockey.
谎报年龄,在赛马场找了份工作
Lied about his age, got a job at a racing stables.
警♥察♥找到了他,把他带回了家
The coppers tracked him down, bought him home.
在炼钢厂干了一辈子,就这样
Became a lifer at the steelworks and…
that was that.
他过去常说: “不要让别人粉碎你的梦想”
“Don’t let them crush your dreams,” he used to say.
至少我现在有大把的时间 打理联合组织的财务了
And at least I’ve had plenty of time to keep on top of the syndicate finances.
信不信由你 我们的总利润差不多是十万英镑
Believe it or not, we’re showing an overall profit of about a hundred grand.
天啊
Good God.
我这辈子都没想过我们会赚这么多钱
I never in a million years thought
好消息不止这一个
we’d make this kind of money.
这周六菲利普·霍布斯想让追梦 在安特里赛马场比赛
That’s not the only good news.
Philip Hobbs wants to race Dream at Aintree on Saturday.
-我的天啊 -是的,没错
-Oh, my God. -I know, I know.
[gasping]
-是婚礼吗? -不是的,妈
[Jan’s mom] A wedding, is it?[Jan] No, Mam.
是吃两片黄色的,爸
It’s two of the yellow ones, Dad.
-我吃了两片 -不,你只吃了白色的药片
I’ve taken two.No, you’ve only taken the white.
萨莎,是我们的萨莎要结婚了吗?
[Jan’s mom] Sasha? Is our Sasha getting married?
不是,妈
No, Mam. I told you.
跟你说过了,我去安特里 是因为追梦在那里比赛
I’m off to Aintree ’cause Dream’s racing there.
安特里!
Aintree! Bert, did you hear that?
伯特,你听见了吗?
我们会看电视的,简
We’ll watch it on the telly, Jan. We love doing that.
我们可爱看电视了
我需要你去药房♥拿我的处方
I need you to pick up my prescription from the chemist.
你就只能说这样的话吗,爸?
Is that all you can say, Dad?
什么?
What?The horse I bred
我所培育的马将参与最盛大的赛事
is racing in the biggest meet in the calendar,
你就说这个?
and that’s all you can say?
再见
I’ll see you later.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!