-是古斯吗? -对
Goose, is it?Yeah.
-我是霍华德 -很高兴认识你
Howard.Nice to meet you.
-古斯 -马尔德温
Goose.Maldwyn.
如果不是要清洗绞肉机的话 我早就来了
I’d have been in sooner, only I had to de-gunge the mincer.
不能把肉混在一起
You can’t mix your meats.
你好
-坐吧,奈莉丝 -抱歉,霍华德
Take a seat, Nerys.
我完全迷路了,伙计
Sorry, Howard. Got totally lost, mate.
你好,彼得
Hello. Peter.
黛西
Daisy.
该死的卫星导航系统 想把我们送进湖里去
Bloody satnav tried to send us into the lake.
哦,确实会那样
Oh, they will do that, yes.
彼得和戈登,我的同事 这是我的邻居凯
[Howard] Peter and Gordon, mates from work.

And this is Kev, he’s my neighbor.
欢迎各位
[Jan] Right. Welcome, everyone.
我们继续吧
Let’s crack on.[door slams open]
[man] Ha!
看在上帝份上
God’s sake.
如果你们有资格拥有一匹赛马 那我也可以
If you lot are good enough to own a bloody racehorse,
so am I.
每周十块钱,克尔比,你这个笨蛋
It’s a tenner every week, Kerby, you pillock.Oh.
所以这次会议的目的是…
So– [clears throat] the purpose of this meeting–
布莱恩,你有50便士吗?
[all grunt]
-这里都没人管理吗? -给你
[Jan] Brian, have you got 50p?
[Maldwyn] Where’s the organization in this place?
谁也不许碰我的钱
[Brian] There you go, love.
好了,这样就行了
[Kerby] No one touch my tenner.
[Maureen] Oh, yes.[Kerby] There you go. Bob’s your uncle.
我不太明白最后一点
[all chattering]
[Maldwyn] Not sure I understood that last point.
对不起…我还是不太明白
I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I still don’t quite understand.
简是母马的主人,对吗?
Jan is the owner of the mother, yes?
在小马驹出生后
When the foal is born, then everyone will be the owners.
届时每个人都将成为所有者 我们都将拥有平等的份额
那么重要决定由谁来做呢?
We’ll all have an equal share.
So, who would take the critical decisions?
哪些重要决定?
Which critical decisions?
例如马的饮食,看这里
The horse’s diet, for example. Look here.
“应该给赛马喂食 富含营养的高能量饲料
“Racehorses should be given a high-energy feed rich in nutrients.
过量食草可能导致肠绞痛和胀气”
Excess consumption of grass may lead to colic and flatulence.”
我们在克尔比身上已经体验够了
We’ll have enough of that with Kerby.[Maureen laughs]
但这只小马驹还不存在啊
But this foal doesn’t exist yet. So who’s the daddy?
公种马是哪个?
它叫边边,来自美国
Bien Bien, he’s called. American.
十岁,退休前赢了两百三十万美元
Ten year old, won 2.3 million dollars before he retired.
他们想要三千块的种马费 但我把他们的价钱压下来了
They wanted three grand stud fee, but I knocked them right down.
-这笔钱我们来付 -你打算去抢银行吗,黛西?
-Which we will pay. -Gonna rob a bank, are you, Daisy?
我们将用我们退休基金里的钱支付
[Jan] Which we will pay out of our retirement fund,
直到联合组织成立并运转起来 可以偿还我们为止
until the syndicate is up and running and can reimburse us.
我首先要强调的一点是
[Howard] One thing I must stress, above all else.
如果你加入了 出发点不应该是为了赚钱
If you do join, don’t do it expecting to make money.
这匹马赢得比赛的可能性不到1%
There’s a less than one percent chance this horse will ever win a race.
所以就当做为了“激♥情♥”吧
So, do it for the “hwyl.” That’s what this is all about.
这才是最重要的
你的意思是,为了“好玩”?
You mean like, the “craic”?
恕我直言,“激♥情♥”和“好玩”可不一样
With respect, the “hwyl” is not the same as the “craic.”
“好玩”是盖尔语
The “craic” is a Gaelic term,
而“激♥情♥”则出自凯尔特语的 布立吞语分支
whereas the “hwyl” comes from the Brythonic branch
意思是“情感激励和能量的感觉”
of the Celtic languages and means “a feeling
of emotional motivation and energy.”
没错
Right.
我会为“激♥情♥”而加入,毋庸置疑
I’ll do it for the “hwyl.”
Of course I will.
好的,继续,我们都会为了…
Yeah, go on. We’ll both do it for the…
-那个词叫什么来着? -“激♥情♥”
What’s it called again?The “hwyl.”
英语
English.

Yeah.
加入
In.
-对 -好,我也是
Yes.Yeah, me too.
加入
In.
格温?
Gerwyn?
好吧…
Well…
既然要看热闹,干脆占个前排座位
if there’s gonna be a circus in town,
may as well have a ringside seat.
好,这就可以了
[laughing, chattering]
-可以了 -算你一个
(马)
[gears grind]
[engine off]
[horse whinnies]
沃克斯夫人?
[man] Mrs. Vokes?
-我是詹姆斯 -对不起,我们来晚了
I’m James.Sorry we’re late.
没关系,很快就好,边边很配合的
Oh, that’s all right. This won’t take long.
Bien Bien doesn’t mess about.
哦,天啊,它可真帅
Oh, God, he’s handsome, though.
这是鲁贝尔
And this is Rewbell.
我不想撒谎 我们中有一个人在角落里留下了“礼物”
I’m not gonna lie. One of us has left a present in the corner.
来吧,姑娘
[Brian] Come on then, girl.
你们觉得如何?
What do you think?
来…好
[Brian] Here we go. Yeah.
-来吧 -好吧…
边边以优化与它交♥配♥的母马而闻名
Well, Bien Bien is known to upgrade his mares. [chuckles]
-去找它吧,姑娘 -布莱恩
Go get him, girl.Brian.
[Rewbell nickers]
我们应该看着的
We should have watched.
做这种事你愿意被人看着吗?
Would you like to be watched?
我又不是种马
I’m not a stallion.
说得也是
[laughs] You can say that again.
我也有过辉煌的时刻,不是吗?
I’ve had my moments, haven’t I?
[laughs]
我们现在做的事 还算有点意思,不是吗?
Still, having a bit of fun now, aren’t we?
都没意识到我有多怀念 和马打交道的时光
Never knew how much I missed messing about with horses.
不仅仅是“有点意思”和“打交道” 那么简单,布莱恩
It’s more than “a bit of fun” and “messing about,” Brian.
是啊,你想表达什么?
Yeah.
What do you mean?
我不知道,就是…
I don’t know. I mean…
当我早上起床的时候 我需要有所期待
I need something to look forward to when I get up in the morning.
来提醒我事情是可以改变的
To remind me that things can… change.
[hooves clopping]
[James whistles]
搞定了!
That was good cover!
真希望公马先请母马喝一杯!
I hope he bought her a drink first! [laughs]
[quacking, honking]
[heartbeat on ultrasound scanner]
[Rewbell nickers]
你在看什么?
What are you looking at?
你想要什么?
What do you want, then? Eh?
嘿,你想要什么?
What do you want?[nickers]
哦,我知道了
Oh, I know.[sniffing]
我知道了 你想要的是我的薄荷糖,对吧?
I know. It’s my mints you’re after, isn’t it?
你只想要我的薄荷糖
Eh? You only want me for my mints.
[bleats]
-稍等一下,谢谢 -从前面拿三箱
[phone vibrating]
布莱恩?
Brian?
哦,天啊
Oh, my God. I said!
我说…我没说吗? 就是这个星期,我在路上了
Didn’t I say it’d be this week? I’m on my way.
简!简,我能说句话吗?
Jan.
Jan, can I have a word?
简!
Jan![gasps]
你好
Hello.
哦,天啊,它好漂亮,不是吗?
Oh, God, he’s gorgeous, isn’t he?
哦,你好
Hello.
鲁贝尔在哪?
Where’s Rewbell?
我们失去它了,亲爱的
We’ve lost her, love.
我一下楼,小马驹就出生了
I come down first thing and the foal had been born.
它就在那儿,光彩照人
There he was, bright as a button.
但我一眼就看出来,鲁贝尔不对劲
But I could see straightaway that Rewbell wasn’t right.
于是我给罗恩打了电♥话♥,可是…
So I called Ron and…
-可是我们已经无能为力了 -是的
There was nothing we could do, was there, Ron?
[chattering]
看它多可爱呀,是不是?
[Brian] Lovely, isn’t he?
莫林
Maureen. Goose.
古斯
[chuckling]
看看
[nickers][all] Aw.
鲁贝尔出事以后,我不确定 我们要不要继续,可怜的老姑娘
I wasn’t sure we should carry on after Rewbell.
可看看它,它是一个真正的战士

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!