Well?
-我们希望它还能走路 -好
We hope he’ll be able to walk again.
但你要明白,它再次参加比赛的机会
But you do understand, the chances of him racing again
是微乎其微的
are virtually nonexistent.
-我只关心它是否能好起来 -对
All I care about is he gets well.
如果它的肌腱无法恢复,成了跛脚…
[Brian sighs]
[Philip] And if the tendon won’t heal and he’s lame,
那我们就得考虑它的生活质量了
well, then we’ll have to consider his quality of life.
你好啊
Aw.
Hello.
天啊,追梦,你真是让我担心死了
God, Dream.
You had me worried.
Love Owed” by Meic Stevens playing]
(四月)
(赛马大会)
? I would not ask A wish of you?
? It would only Bring you sorrow?
? Turn my face from today?
? Again until tomorrow?
? But I will walk And I will run?
? You know I’m gonna have my fun?
? And I will stay And I will pray?
? For you You are my only one?
[scanner beeping]
谢谢
[customer] Thank you.

[song ends]
戴维斯太太?
Mrs. Davies?
安琪拉,对吗?我是简
Angela?
赛马联合组织的人
I’m Jan. From the syndicate.
噢,对
Oh, right.
你好
Hi.
霍华德最近怎么样?
How’s Howard? Haven’t seen him in a while.
有一阵子没见到他了 自从追梦出事之后就没再见到他
是啊,我…听说了
Not since what happened with Dream.
Yes, I heard.
我很遗憾它出了事
I was, um, so sorry about his accident.
谢谢,它还活着,那才是最重要的
Thanks. He’s alive. That’s the main thing.
是啊
Yes.
那个…
Well, I–
我想说我觉得你很棒
I just, um…
wanted to say I think it’s brilliant…
支持霍华德加入♥联♥合组织什么的
supporting Howard the way you did with the syndicate and everything.
上次的事发生后 很多妻子都不会那样做
I mean, after the last time, a lot of wives wouldn’t have done that.
直到他告诉我他爸爸离开家
It wasn’t until he told me that story about his dad running away
并成为骑手的故事
and becoming a jockey
我才真正明白 这件事为什么对他如此重要
that I really understood why this mattered to him so much.
但我想这些事你早就知道了
But I guess you knew that all along.
是的
Yes.
好了,谢谢
Well, thanks.
一共18.9英镑
That’s £18.90, please.
谢谢
Thanks.
[phone ringing]
-布莱恩? -听着,简,你♥爸♥爸出事了
Brian? Listen, Jan. It’s your dad.
我很遗憾,我已经叫了救护车,但是…
I’m sorry. I’ve called an ambulance, but–
我马上到
I’m two minutes away.
[Jan sniffles]
[sighs]
(“梦想成真”)
(威尔士的骄傲!)
[cries]
[sniffles]
(珍妮特和吉弗第一次参加狗展! 我和珍妮特的首场胜利,重要的日子!)
[sobs]
[message alert tone]
(收件箱有一条新消息 来自: 菲利普·霍布斯)
[inhales]
(追梦的情况有新进展 你和珍妮特可以亲自来看看吗?)
来了
Well, there he is.
天啊
Oh, good God.
你说它可以行走了 但它真的可以被人骑着了吗?
You said he could walk. But is he really up to being ridden?
[nickering]
它的状态非常好,不是吗?
Oh, he’s going pretty well, isn’t he?
好样的,孩子
Well done, boy.
不可思议!
Unbelievable![Jan gasps]
天啊
My God.
-我发誓它冲我眨眼了 -这是奇迹
I swear he winked at me.[Howard] It’s miraculous.
干细胞治疗非常成功
[Philip] The stem cell treatment was a complete success.
兽医认为它的肌腱比受伤前更强壮了
The vet thinks the tendon’s stronger now
它比之前跑得更快
than before the injury. He’s running faster than ever.
你们怎么没说过它恢复得这么好呢?
How come you never mentioned he was coming on so well?
在我们有十足的把握之前 不想让你们的希望落空
Didn’t want to raise any false hopes until we were sure.
什么把握?
Of what?
我们认为它准备好回归赛场了
We think he’s ready to race again.
-你在开玩笑吧? -我们想参加英国国家障碍赛马大赛
[Howard] You’re joking.We’re thinking The Welsh National.
-那真是太棒了 -但它经历了这么多事…
That would be incredible.But after all he’s been through…
我要确定这是你们想要的
I need to be sure it’s what you want.
一想到它又要拿自己的生命冒险 我就受不了!
I can’t bear the thought of him risking his life again!
我觉得没问题
[chattering]
我认为我们冒不起这个险 尤其是经历过这一切后
I just don’t think we can take the risk. Not after all that’s happened.
但这是卷土重来、东山再起啊!
But it’d be the comeback of all comebacks!
你可真会说 你当时都准备放弃它了
That’s rich. You were ready to write him off.
-我们都放弃它了 -你看见它奔跑的样子了
-We’d all written him off. -You saw him on the gallops.
你也听见菲利普·霍布斯说的了 这是奇迹
And you heard what Philip Hobbs said. It’s miraculous.
这就是一个信♥号♥♥,追梦想要继续比赛
I mean, surely it’s a sign. Dream wants to keep going.
-它是为赛跑而生的 -这是它的天性,不是吗?
He lives to race.It’s in his blood, innit?
在赛道上,当它受伤的时候
[Gerwyn] Out on that track, when he was hurt,
你说因为它为我们所做的一切 我们欠它一个机会
you said we owed him a chance because of what he’d done for us.
如果不再让它参加比赛 那这次机会的意义在哪里呢?
What was that chance for if not to let him race again?
那也不能参加 英国国家障碍赛马大赛,太危险了
[Jan] But not at The Welsh Grand National. It’s too dangerous.
跟他说,布莱恩,这太冒险了
Tell him, Brian. It’s just too big a risk.
我会的,简
I would, Jan.
但我理解他们的意思
But I can see what they’re saying.
你怎么可以这样?
[whispers] How could you?
[door opens, closes]
[door opens]
看来我没结婚是对的
That’s why I’m single, see?
-简 -我以为你在乎追梦
Jan.
我确实在乎
I thought you cared about Dream.I do.
我当然在乎它
Of course I care about him.
追梦出现的时候 一下子就把我带回年轻的时候
When Dream come along, took me right back to when I was young.
想成为农场主
Wanting to be a farmer.
[scoffs]
还有所有那些我已经放弃的希望
All those hopes I’d given up on.
它住进马厩的时候,我非常痛苦
And it hurt like hell when he went to live at the stables.
几乎跟它在安特里摔倒那次一样痛苦
Almost as much as it hurt when he fell at Aintree.
它不会说话,当时你替它发声
You spoke for him then, when he couldn’t.
但如果追梦现在在这里,会说话的话…
But if Dream was here now and he could speak…
它会告诉你它想赛跑
[Jan chuckles]
…he’d tell you he wants to race.
那是它的本性
It’s in his blood.
你知道我说得没错
You know I’m right.
让它尽情驰骋吧,简
Let him run, Jan.
我就是一想到它可能会再次受伤 我就受不了
I just can’t bear the thought of him getting hurt again.
我知道
I know.
但你说得对
But you were right.
我们不能停下追寻更伟大梦想的脚步
We can’t stop ourselves from dreaming of bigger things.
[crying]
好了,亲爱的
Come on, love.
好了
Come on.
(赛马快报)
(投♥注♥单)
(50英镑押“追梦联盟”胜 下午四时,切普斯托)
(博♥彩♥预测:“追梦联盟”赔率40 追梦加油!)
(500英镑押胜)
-给你 -再见
[bookie] There you go.
See ya.
你怎么还没换正装?
Hey, Kerby. Where’s your glad rags?
你最好快点要不然就赶不上大巴了
You better get a shift on, mate, or you’ll miss the coach.
我不去,我没钱去,哥们
I’m not going. Can’t afford it, butt.
你得来啊,我们要举♥行♥募捐活动
You gotta come. Come, we’ll have a whip-round.
滚吧
Bugger off. I’ll put the money I’m saving by not going on Dream.
我要把省下来的钱都押在追梦身上
二十英镑押“追梦联盟”胜
Twenty quid, Dream Alliance to win.
我会喝着酒在俱乐部看
I’ll watch it in the club with a pint in my hand.
跟我们的好伙计说,全力比赛
Now, you tell our boy to run the race of his life.
好了,我要走了
Right, I’m off.
-你们怎么都… -我们想也许可以一起去
Why are you all–
We thought we might come along, too.[chuckles]
那是个什么玩意?
[car horn honks]
[Angela] What the hell is that?
你觉得怎么样?安琪拉和孩子们坐那里
[all laughing][Kevin] What do you reckon?
霍华德你得躺后面了 这车装不下你们所有人!
Angela and the kids in there. Howard, you’re lying down in the hearse.
我们必须横向思考!
I couldn’t fit you all in the coach! We had to think laterally!
快来,跟我走

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!