源自于拉丁文中 “不切实际的梦想”
comes from the Latin word that means “to have idiotic hope at all time,”
不是吗
and don’t we ever?
我们没有海滩 没有怡人的天气或舒服的阳光
We don’t have beaches and beautiful weather and sunshine
也没有辣妹穿着溜冰鞋在路上闲晃
and hot babes roller-skating all over.
但你知道我们有什么吗
You know what we’ve got?
我们拥有自己的球队
We got our sports teams.
他们是我们唯一的梦想
And that’s the only hope we have.
我来跟你解释
Let me explain to you.
美式足球发明于20里外的的坎顿
Football was invented 20 miles down the road in Canton, Ohio.
DNA决定了我们是个美式足球城市
This is a football town. It’s in our DNA.
我完全认同
No doubt about it.
对我而言失去自己的球队
To me, losing the team altogether,
1996年原克里夫兰布朗 搬出后改名巴尔的摩乌鸦
并且得到2000年超级杯冠军
看着他们搬去巴尔的摩之后拿冠军
having the team go and move to Baltimore, go there and win,
真是非常的难过
that was so painful for the town.
现在全新的球队回来了
And then the new expansion franchise having to come back in.
更让我惊奇的是
One of the amazing things to me is that,
即使失去了这么多 大家还是抱持着希望
in the midst of all of this losing, people are still hopeful that…
没错 而且今年一定是最佳的一年
-Yeah… eventually, this is going to be our year.
或许之前有些不顺利 但我们仍未放弃希望
Maybe to a fault, with the hope. But that’s really all we have.
因为我们是个运动之城
Because this is a sports town.
我希望 桑尼·威佛 知道
And I want Sonny Weaver to know…
桑尼 你最好给我听个仔细
Sonny, I hope you’re listening. You better be.
你今晚一定要有所作为 逆转的情势
Can you please do somethin’ tonight to turn this thing around?
不然 你就再见了…
Otherwise, you will be gone.
哈罗
Hello?
早安 威佛先生
Good morning, Mr. Sonny Weaver Jr.
我是你头号♥粉丝 范铁·梅克
It’s your number one fan, Vontae Mack.
范铁 你哪弄来我的电♥话♥
Vontae, how’d you get this number?
你以前甄试的时候给过我
You gave it to me. At the Combine.
我打给你方便吗
It’s all right if I called?
没关系
That’s all right. It doesn’t matter.
选秀晚上八点才开始
Vontae, the Draft doesn’t start until 8:00.
你在哪 纽约吗
Where are you? New York?

Naw, man.
他们希望我去选秀现场
They wanted me up there at Radio City,
但我想陪我奶奶待在维吉尼亚
but I wanted to be here in Virginia with my grams.
她太老了 走不动
Since she old, she can’t make that trip.
所以
So?
你要选谁
Who you picking?
如果我是你
If I was you,
我会选跑得跟闪电一样快的中后卫
I’d take a lightning-quick middle linebacker
把前三后四的阵型发挥淋漓尽致
who can murder the gaps in a 3-4.
完成赞成
Totally agree.
所以你有普杜大学 雷·威尔森 的电♥话♥吗
You got Reggie Wilson’s number down there in Purdue?
一点都不好笑
Now, I really don’t find that funny.
不会呀 只是你现在不觉得而已
Yeah, it’s funny, Vontae. You’re just not feelin’ it right now.
听着 选秀结束前什么事都有可能发生
Look, there’s gonna be a lot of ups and downs before this is all over.
试着保持点幽默感
Try and keep a sense of humor.
我不是笨蛋
I ain’t stupid.
如果你不在第七顺位选我 我会掉到后面几十位
You don’t take me at seven, I’ll drop down to the late teens.
我看过模拟选秀
I watch the mock drafts!
我知道大家要选谁 我不能掉到这么后面去
I know who takin’ who and I can’t afford to fall that far.
我不想领”后面几十位”那种的薪水
I can’t take no late-teens paycheck.
范铁就是要第七顺位的薪水
Vontae needs a seven-pick paycheck.
我有一群侄子 我得喂饱他们
I got a gaggle of nephews who need to get fed now.
我现在要带他们去体操场
I’m taking ’em tumblin’.
-你们喜欢体操是吧 -是
-Nephews, you love tumbling, yes or no? -Yes!
听到我跟这群小孩的差别了吗
See, that’s the difference between them and me.
我不喜欢翻跟斗 我不想要翻到第十三顺位
I do not like tumblin’. Especially if I’m tumbling 13 picks. Feel me?
第七位顺位
Seventh pick…
谢谢你 真的
Listen, I appreciate that, Vontae, I really do.
-我要挂了 -第十七或第十八…
-But I gotta go. -Seventeen or 18…
还要缴税…
Then I got tax…
准备要去了吗
Y’all ready to go?

Yes!
准备要翻跟斗了吗
-Y’all ready to tumble? -Yes!
-是 -是
-Yes? -Yes!
这样就对了
That’s what I want!
哈罗
Hello?
桑尼 我是厄·詹尼士
Sonny. Earl Jennings.
-嘿 厄 你跟儿子在一起吗 -是
-Hey, Earl. You’re with your boy today? -Yeah.
你门在纽约
You guys in the Big Apple?
听着 桑尼
Listen, Sonny.
我不会干涉你今天要选谁
It’s none of my business who you draft today, all right?
雷 不管到哪都会认真打球
Ray will play for whoever wants him.
如果你有想过要选他
But if you’re thinkin’ of pickin’ him…
我得让你知道 我一直很用心地教导他
I need you to know that I raised Ray right.
新闻报导都写了
C’mon, Earl. I know what the papers say.
我让他自己跟你解释
I’ll have him explain it to you.
威佛先生您好吗
What’s goin’ on, Mr. Weaver?
首先
First of all,
我没有加入帮派
I’m not in a gang.
那些都是我的朋友
The guys that were with me, I grew up with them,
我从小就认识他们
I’ve known ’em since I was a kid.
但其他人跑来乱
But the dudes we ran into,
他们很高壮 而且冲着我们来
they were big dudes, and they came at us.
我该怎么做 站在一旁吗
What was I supposed to do, just stand there?
他们说你把他们打个半死
Well, they say you whooped on that kid pretty good, Ray.
他都还没出院呢
He’s still in the hospital.
他们不是小孩了
He’s not a kid.
都已经是成人了
None of ’em were. They were grown men.
他们应该考虑到后果 威佛先生
They should have known better, Mr. Weaver.
那不是重点
Well, that’s not the point.
你的手有受伤吗
Did you hurt your hands?
你要小心你的手 雷
You need your hands, Ray.
我知道
I know.
我只是一时失控
I just lost my head.
现在正常了吗
Did you find it?
是的
Yes, sir.
很好 不要再犯了知道吗
Well, good. Now hold on to it, you understand me?
是的
Yes, sir.
好好享受今天吧
Enjoy today, Ray.
一生只能选秀一次
You only get drafted once.
是的 谢谢您
Yes, sir. I appreciate that, Mr. Weaver.
开除桑尼
天呀
Jesus…
怎样 他说了什么
What? What’d he say?
我只想跟你一样加入布朗队
I just wanna be a Brown. Like you, Pop.
当然 我也想
Yeah, I want that, too.
但不管到哪队都一样 都要尽力付出
But you’ll play where you play. That’s the way it works.
我知道
I know.
我只是很紧张罢了
I’m just nervous, man.
看到这个滑水道了吗
You see that? That’s the Dungeon Drop.
小孩们为了玩这个 排了一个小时
Kids waited an hour to take it.
从滑水道出口到泳池之间整整50尺
It’s exactly 50 feet from the end of the slide right into the pool.
超大的水花
Huge splash.
连在池边的人都会被溅湿
Anybody within shouting distance would’ve gotten completely soaked.
他们花钱来玩水
And people pay for that.
我需要你制♥造♥水花 我要吸引所有人的注意
I need you to make a splash, Sonny. We need to sell tickets.
我很想帮你 但我有我自己的方法
Well, I’m trying to help you do that, Anthony, in my own way.
你可以帮我 就是制♥造♥水花
You can help me, by makin’ a splash.
如果你办不到 我只有把你…
And if you can’t do it, then I have to do it, and…
我也不想…桑尼
I don’t wanna have to do that, Sonny.
我弄清楚一下 你是在威胁把我开除吗
Just to be clear here, you’re threatening to fire me, right?
我们谈谈选秀吧
Let’s talk about the Draft.
我们要选谁
What do we need?
我听说有一个四分卫还不错
I hear a quarterback is a good thing to have.
-我们有 布莱恩·祖鲁 了 -这个…
-We have Brian Drew. -Well…
我听说他的膝盖有点不稳
Word on Drew is that he’s weak in the knees. That’s what I heard.
那是你从我这边听说的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!