选秀典礼倒数
32个队伍
Thirty-two teams,
7轮
seven rounds,
224位年轻选手
224 young men who, today,
将成为 NFL 球员
are about to become players in the National Football League.
NFL 国家橄榄球联盟
今天将要改写一切
A day where lives are changed,
决定他们的命运
fates are decided,
决定下一代王者
dynasties are born,
已经开始倒数计时
and the clock is always ticking.
当然
Of course,
我说的就是…
I’m talking about…
选秀日
选秀日
Draft Day.
西雅图 西雅图海鹰队 主场
选秀典礼倒数

Hello.
是的
Yes, sir.
总经理
Sir?
怎么了
What is it?
他正在办公室等你
He’s waiting in his office.
几点了
What time is it?
凌晨四点十五
4:15.
我们要怎么做
What are we gonna do with it?
我们已经模拟过很多次了
Well, we’ve gone over this a lot, Walt.
关于要交易掉状元选秀权 我还是很紧张
I’m really nervous about trading away the top pick.
卡拉汉 会是个巨星
Callahan could be huge.
是没错
That’s true.
但是肯定有其他球团
But it might be worth it if someone’s willing to give us
愿意用金山银山来换他
their weight in gold to get him.
圣路易公羊
What’d the Rams get
把他们第二顺位权跟华盛顿红人换了什么
when they traded away number two overall to the Redskins a few years back?
连续三年的第一轮跟第二轮
Three number one picks and a number two.
雪特 我觉得还不错
Well, shit, that’d work for me.
但没有人会这样跟我们换
Nobody’s offering us that, Walt.
听着
Look.
你希望看到全西雅图的人臭谯我们
Do you want the entire city of Seattle calling for our heads
因为我们不选 波·卡拉汉
because we didn’t pick Bo Callahan?
球迷会了解我们所作所为都是为了球队 汤姆…
Our fans know a good deal when they see one, Tom.
意思是如果我们真的要交易
Which is why we’re not even gonna think about doing this
一定得找到…
unless we can find someone…
够笨的人能给我们比 波·卡拉汉 更好得筹码
Stupid enough to give us more than he should.
没错
Exactly.
所以…
So,
你知道有谁比我们更需要状元吗
who’s the most desperate guy you know?
克里夫兰
布朗队 主场
今天可热闹了
We got a fun one today, don’t we, fellas?
很久没看到选秀
Boom, more intrigue this year
有这么多大咖选手了
than I can remember in a long time.
无疑的是今年状元
There’s no intrigue at the number one pick.
波·卡拉汉 西雅图海鹰 的状元人选
Bo Callahan, Wisconsin Badger, overall number one to Seattle.
选到赚到
That’s gotta be a slam dunk.
至今选秀日
We haven’t had a quarterback like this
从未出现这么高人气的四分卫
enter the Draft since Andrew Luck.
美国大学足球最佳球员奖
他还得过海兹曼奖
Right, so you got the Heisman Trophy winner
即将落脚西雅图海鹰
going to the Seahawks.
其他31队呢
But what about the other 31 teams? What are they gonna do?
你们觉得有哪些是今天的看头
Who you lookin’ at today, Jon? Mel?
我觉得是第七顺位的 克里夫兰布朗
I think it’s Cleveland at number seven.
小桑尼·威佛 他今年压力一定很大
Sonny Weaver Jr., he’s gotta have a lot on his mind this year.
我赞成
I’m with Mel.
大家知道 桑尼的爸爸 是前布朗队的教练
As we all know, Sonny’s dad, former Browns coach Sonny Weaver Sr.,
克里夫兰的传奇人物 上礼拜过世了
he’s a legend in Cleveland, he died last week.
雷·詹尼士 海兹曼奖的遗珠
This kid, Ray Jennings, Heisman Trophy finalist his senior year.
总计带球2159码
2,159 combined yards, running the ball,
22次达阵
catching the ball, 22 touchdowns.
他同样是热门人选
He’s looking to take it to the house.
唯一缺点是前阵子与人冲突
The only downfall is this guy got into a little skirmish.
把别人打进了医院
Assault and battery, landed a kid in the hospital.
但在那之前他一直是个模范生
But guess what? He was a model citizen up until then.
你们知道我最重视球员本身价值
And you guys know me. I’m all about values.
他是我心目中第二顺位
And this kid’s number two on my board.
当我看到这个新闻
And when I look at that incident, I kind of say, “Look.
觉得只是单纯的冲突罢了
“It’s not medical, it’s not drug-related.”
早安
Good morning.
气色不错唷
You look nice.
你想说些什么吗
Are you gonna say anything to me?
任何事
Anything at all?
这事很…
Well, it’s big.
这话题真的很严肃
It’s a pretty big thing we’re talkin’ about here.
听着…
Look.
希望你可以了解
You can understand why this week, of all weeks,
这个礼拜发生了很多事 心情还没转换过来
I might feel just a little conflicted about
现在你又告诉我即将为人父
the news I’m suddenly gonna be a dad.
我知道
I know.
真不是时候
Shit timing.

Hey!

Hey!
你要去哪
Where are you goin’?
上班之前我要先回家一趟
I need to go to my place before work.
听着…
Look, I’m, uh…
雪特
Shit.
汤姆 今天这么早起
Hey, Tom. You’re up early.
因为是选秀日
Well, it is Draft Day.
你还好吗
How’re you doin’?
嗯…还不错 今天应该是个好日子
Uh… Well, I’m great. I’m havin’ a great day.
你呢
How ’bout you?
我一边在享受我们松饼
Well, I’m sittin’ here, eatin’ my pancakes,
一边想着我们状元签
thinkin’ about movin’ number one.
真的
Really?
你也知道 康纳 去年打得还不错
Yeah, as you know, Connors did a great job for us last year.
但 卡拉汉 看起来…
But Callahan looks like…
管他的 桑尼
Well, hell, Sonny, he’s gonna be
他到时候一定是个热门人选
a franchise player for someone.
你想要交易
You’d consider a trade?
我想要我要的
I’d consider the right one.
天呀 汤姆 你打给我还要我先开口
Well, Jesus, Tom, at least act like you called me, all right?
你想要换什么
What do you want for it?
我想要你今年的第一位 明年的第一轮
I want your first pick this year, your first-rounder next year,
还有后年的第一轮
and your third-rounder the year after that.
噢…噢…免了 谢谢
Ouch. Ouch. No, thanks.
我知道这听起来…
I know what it sounds like…
听起来是占尽了我的便宜
It sounds like you’re trying to take advantage of me.
别说得这么难听
I would never do that.
你今年第七顺位是能选到谁
Your seventh pick gives you, what?
有前科的跑锋
A running back with a rap sheet?
你才不知道我要选谁
You don’t know who I’m pickin’ seven, Tom.
我不可能为了一个人抛弃球队的未来
I’m not gonna sell the farm for one guy.
你当然要这么做 因为你的未来烂透了
You should. Your farm sucks.
状元给你
Pick number one.
选 波·卡拉汉
Get Bo Callahan.
我有四分卫了
I got a quarterback.
布莱恩·祖鲁
Brian Drew?
你说的是 布莱恩·祖鲁
Are you talking about Brian Drew?
天呀 你真幽默
Jesus, you’re hilarious.
你说的是去年受伤前
Guy barely made it through half the season
连半季都撑不了的家伙
before gettin’ injured last year.
黄金王牌在我手上 桑尼
I have the golden ticket, Sonny.
如果我给了你 至少你还能在克里夫兰打橄榄球
If I give it to you, you get to save football in Cleveland.
给你10秒考虑 不然我要去工作了
You have 10 seconds, but then I gotta go to work.
享受你的松饼吧 汤姆
Enjoy your pancakes, Tom.
乡亲们 我相信”克里夫兰”这个字
Folks, I believe the word “Clevelander”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!