很厉害 – 对
Fantastic. – No less.
你有什么线索?
Duff, what have you got?
那是一辆赃车
The car was stolen.
我们还没查明司机的身份
And we certainly haven’t been able to identify the driver yet.
但他一定不是金斯顿人
But he surely wasn’t a Kingston man.
不管他来自哪儿,我抵达的消息已经泄露了
Wherever he was from, news of my arrival leaked.
不是我们泄露的,我可以保证
We didn’t advertise it, I can assure you.
或许不是
Perhaps not.
看来有人在出♥售♥门票!
I got the impression someone had been selling tickets!
有什么我们能效劳?
Anything more we can do for you?
我想见最后跟斯特兰韦斯一起的人
Yes, I’d like to meet the last people to see Strangways.
再没有人见过他
Nobody seems to have seen him
自从他跟四个玩桥牌的人道别之后
after he left our bridge four at the Queens Club.
他们都是谁? – 登特教授
Who were the others? – Professor Dent.
冶金学家,开设了一家实验室
Metallurgist. Runs a test laboratory.
受人尊重,背景清白
Respected. Clean bill.
还有波特
And Potter.
印度前陆军的老将军
Old general, ex-Indian army.
来这儿多年
Been here for ages.
先调查他们
We’ll start with those.
要把他们带来问话吗?
Want them brought in?
不,我会私底下见他们
Lord, no. I want to meet them socially.
今晚在俱乐部,我介绍他们给你认识
I can introduce you at the club tonight.
好,我想看看斯特兰韦斯的地方
Fine. Now, I’d like to take a look at Strangways’ place, Commissioner.
我现在带你去
I’ll run you up there now.
进去吧
Go on in.
对了,那里有血迹
Oh, yes, that’s a blood patch.
他们说血型是O-Rh阳性
They’ve grouped it as O-Rh positive.
是她的血型
And that’s her group, all right.
我们来到时通信机还在运作
The set was still switched on when we came round.
我们曾尝试用那频道通信
We tried to get through on the same frequency,
但没有反应
but it was dead at the other end.
以后也不会有反应
And it’ll stay dead.
安保系统被破坏后所有频道都会更改
All frequencies are changed immediately if security’s broken.
(地形结构,东加勒比海)
是登特实验室的收据
Receipt from Dent Laboratories.
斯特兰韦斯爱研究地质学吗?
Geology a hobby of Strangways’?
据我所知不是
Not that I know of, no.
跟斯特兰韦斯一起的是谁?
Who is the man with Strangways?
本地渔民
One of the local fishermen.
他从机场就开车跟踪我
He drove the car that tailed me from the airport.
是吗?这可能是线索
That so? That gives us something to work on.
我会调查他
I’ll have a thorough check made on him.
就这么办
Yes, you do that.
到俱乐部见潘德·史密斯前我想先洗澡
I want to have a bath and change before I meet Pleydell-Smith at the club,
行吗?
all right?
一杯中干伏特加-马丁尼
One medium-dry vodka martini,
按您吩咐的,没有搅拌
mixed like you said, sir, not stirred.
谢谢 – 还有什么吩咐吗?
Thank you. – Anything else, sir?
没有了 – 太好了
No, that’s all. – Very well, sir.
真奇怪,斯特兰韦斯就这样消失了
Curious, old Strangways just vanishing like that.
是吗?
Or is it?
他的秘书很友善
That secretary of his was very nice, very nice indeed.
你认识她吗?
Did you know her?
我见过她,你知道的
I’d seen her around, you know.
你们都不知道究竟发生什么事吧?
I suppose none of you could throw any light on what happened to him?
他说过什么?任何暗示?
His conversation? Any hint?
我从未当面听到他透露什么口风
Personally I never heard him talk about anything
除了关于钓鱼和桥牌的事
but big-game fishing and bridge.
钓鱼是最新潮的东西
Fishing was the latest craze.
三周前他就去抓虫子
He got the bug about three weeks ago
之后他每天都去钓鱼
and he’s been out practically every day since.
他一定花了不少钱
Must’ve cost him something.
那些渔民的租船费用很高
These fishermen ask the Earth to charter.
而且夸勒尔的价钱是最高的
And Quarrel’s the most expensive of them all.
夸勒尔?
Quarrel?
他是开曼群岛人,在海港有一艘船
Cayman Islander. Keeps a boat in the harbor.
原来如此
I see.
谢谢
Thanks.
不好意思,夸勒尔在哪? – 就他
Excuse me. Where do I find Quarrel? – Him.
谢谢
Thank you.
你是夸勒尔吗?
Your name Quarrel?
可能吧
Maybe.
我是斯特兰韦斯指挥官的朋友
I’m a friend of Commander Strangways.
很棒!
Now ain’t that nice!
我爱认识朋友的朋友
I like people who’s friends of people.
你或许知道他发生了什么事
I thought you might be able to tell me what happened to him.
以我所知,没有事发生过
As far as I know, nothing happened.
除非你知道不一样的,上校
Unless you know different, captain.
你用船带他到哪里?
Where did you take him in your boat?
看到吗,上校?
See that, captain?
那里是加勒比海
That there is the Caribbean.
我带他到那里钓鱼
That’s where. Fishing.
我也喜欢钓鱼
I’m interested in fishing.
我想租用你的船
I’d like to charter your boat.
对不起,上校,我的船不出租
I’m sorry, captain. It’s not for hire.
看来我找错人了
Seems I came to the wrong address.
对,上校
That’s all right, captain.
若你不介意
Now if you’ll excuse me,
我有事要办
I’ve got business to attend to.
Underneath the mango tree Me honey and me can watch for the moon
Underneath the mango tree Me honey and me make boolooloop soon
普斯·费勒
Hey, Puss Feller.
Underneath the moonlit sky Me honey and I can sit hand in hand
Underneath the moonlit sky Me honey and I can make fairyland
芒果、橡胶和橘子
Mango, banana and tangerine
可能是我的朋友弄错了
Well, if it ain’t my friend what gets addresses mixed!
若你喜欢美味的食物,你就没有弄错
You got the right one this time, if you likes good eating.
若谈话内容配合,我会喜欢美食
I do if the conversation matches it.
回到船只那儿,这里太多人了
Back at the boat, too public.
进去就不一样了 – 我跟你
In there, it different. – After you.

Sure thing.
让我们单独聊聊
Hey, man, you see we get a bit of privacy.
没关系,夸勒尔,没关系
Nothing but, Quarrel. Nothing but.
坐吧 – 不用了
Pick a seat. – I’m fine.
好吧,先生,假如你开始谈话
Okay, Mister, supposing you start the conversation.
你想谈什么?
Now, how’s about it?
别挣扎了
Ain’t no use you struggling.
普斯·费勒可以跟鳄鱼摔角
Puss Feller wrestles alligators.
对!
Right!
慢慢站起来,面向墙壁
Up slowly and face that wall.
站住
Hold it.
放松一点,别紧张
Gently, bud, gently. Let’s not get excited.
替他搜身
Frisk him.
没发现
Nothing.
有趣,你是怎么测算到这里的?
Interesting. Where were you measured for this, bud?
我的裁缝,萨维尔·罗尔
My tailor. Savile Row.
是吗?我的消息来自华盛顿
That so? Mine’s a guy in Washington.
菲力克斯·莱特,中♥央♥情报局的
Felix Leiter, Central Intelligence Agency.
你一定是詹姆斯·邦德
You must be James Bond.
我们站在同一阵线吗?
You mean we’re fighting the same war?
我在机场看到你
Yeah, I spotted you at the airport,
看到你上敌人的车时
but when I saw you drive off with the opposition,
我想自己一定弄错了
I figured I must be wrong.
夸勒尔是我的助手
This is Quarrel. He’s been helping me.
希望你不会很难受
No hard feelings, I hope.
手有点痛,很高兴认识你,邦德先生
Only a sore hand. Glad to know you, Mr. Bond.
他是普斯·费勒,这里的主人
That’s Puss Feller. He owns the place.
希望他的厨艺比身手好 – 你试试吧
I hope he cooks better than he fights. – You can always find out.
还没有人吃过我的食物后死亡
Nobody died from my cooking yet.
All the people go jump up
Waving arms about, weaving in and out
It’s so easy to jump up
Take a pretty girl, take a whirl
Then do it again and then jump up

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!